Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Whatever Happened To The Pacific Brand Workers. (Read 1659 times)
It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Re: Whatever Happened To The Pacific Brand Workers.
Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 5:47pm

I actually worked as a 'Strapper' in Broadmeadows once. Would have thought there was plenty of work there?

Maybe its more of the case of 'people not wanting to work'?

Where I work, the majority of male staff are more interested in the next beer or cigarette, rather than the job at hand.
I don't try to do my work 'fantastic', its just a job afterall - but I don't cut corners, be inconsiderate of others and just plain mentally and physically lazy.
I think this is the problem in Australia - 'overpaid' bludgers!
Oh no - now I've said something, now they are gonna bring in the Union or go on Compo!!
Roll Eyes

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 10:51pm

The minimum award wage in Australia is now $15 per hour.  That is for a permanent worker with holiday pay, sick pay, termination money.  Of course one must pay a higher rate for casual workers.  As for travel to work and back, I was referring to those that use a car to get to and home from work.  Let us also remember that their are some employers, that will not employ people if they don't have a car.  Also let us remember that not all jobs are close to public transport.      

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #17 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 6:19am

Quote:
The minimum award wage in Australia is now $15 per hour.  That is for a permanent worker with holiday pay, sick pay, termination money.  Of course one must pay a higher rate for casual workers.  As for travel to work and back, I was referring to those that use a car to get to and home from work.  Let us also remember that their are some employers, that will not employ people if they don't have a car.  Also let us remember that not all jobs are close to public transport.        

And let us also remember that it's very unusual for even unemployed people to not have a car these days.....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print