Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Refugees to 'harm' kids' education (Read 5573 times)
BlOoDy RiPpEr
Gold Member

aussie-patriot.com

Sydney
Re: Refugees to 'harm' kids' education
Reply #15 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 6:19pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 5:11pm:
Like I've said before, if that was me and mine, I'd be on the first available boat.

That’s the problem with your type, first sine of problems you bail out. So once this country turns too poo I guess you will be off on a boat.

That’s the problem with 'Globalism' No sense of National Pride. This is exactly why wars start in the first place.

host of the aussie-patriot.com site
IP Logged

Jaykaye_09
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 6:58pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:52pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:38pm:
I dunno what this country is coming to. Refugee kids should stay locked up behind barbed wire fences so they can be molested and abused, not put in schools where they can receive an education that will enable them to be productive members of society.

You know, because they're sub-human and all.

Or, alternatively, their parents could go through proper channels.....
After all, if they are legitimate refugees Australia cannot and will not refuse them asylum.....

What 'proper channel' does one pursue from Afghanistan?

Edit: Apologies, I should have read the rest of the thread. The point remains though, it's not as if "refugees" can just up and go to the Australian embassy upon arrival in say Indonesia.

If I don't respond to a post directed toward me, it's probably because I've gone offline, not because I'm rude.&&&&Or maybe I don't like you. In which case, sod off. Ta.

IP Logged

Team Froggie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #17 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 7:04pm

Is the reason Mr. Harrison is not smiling in the photo because he has missing teeth, or he is just a miserable SH!T???

"Mr Harrison said 50 motorists had honked their horns in 35 minutes."

He neglected to say that over a thousand cars went by....

Smiley

BRIOHNY Pitts fears that an influx of 400 asylum-seekers will destroy the quiet Adelaide Hills community her family treasures.

And doesn't dear Briohny just sound "THE PITS"!!!

"What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?"-Jack Kerouac.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 6:30am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 4:11pm:
It must be nice to be so wrapped up in your own security (which you were lucky enough to be born into) that you can look down on other people for wanting the same thing for themselves and their children.

Going through the proper channels is fine - until you're desperate enough that propriety means nothing.

its interesting as most of our so called asylum seekers are now from Sri Lanka/Tamils... how desperate are these people?  all of a sudden I am thinking, where some others have been in camps for years waiting to be chosen..

suddenly a new group of wealthy people are looking at leaky boats to get them to the promised land.with no papers of course.. and now they will all have children in tow putting even more at risk.but of course that will be all the evil Liberals fault wont it.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #19 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 7:28am

codswal wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 6:30am:
It must be nice to be so wrapped up in your own security (which you were lucky enough to be born into) that you can look down on other people for wanting the same thing for themselves and their children.

Going through the proper channels is fine - until you're desperate enough that propriety means nothing.

its interesting as most of our so called asylum seekers are now from Sri Lanka/Tamils... how desperate are these people?  all of a sudden I am thinking, where some others have been in camps for years waiting to be chosen..

suddenly a new group of wealthy people are looking at leaky boats to get them to the promised land.with no papers of course.. and now they will all have children in tow putting even more at risk.but of course that will be all the evil Liberals fault wont it.

Well....yes it is!!!

Why is it that the vast majority of refugees who arrive by plane are largely ignored by those who oppose refugees.....the Liberal party of Australia has demonized and victimized asylum seekers for domestic political gain ever since Pauline Hanson struck a nerve and John Howard saw votes in persecuting minorities to appeal to the lowest denominator in our society.....Sure Tony Abbott could stop the boats by treating genuine refugees like criminals…..perhaps a few might commit suicide and children will have mental illness because of their incarceration but politics is a dirty business and refugees should have realized this when they entered the political debate by choosing a boat as their means to find freedom.....refugees should realize when they come to Australia they need to come by plane not boat.....they need to get with the times!!!

According to Abbott we are fighting in Afghanistan for the freedom of the Afghan people from the Taliban…..all I can say is we have nothing to be proud of and our actions do not match our rhetoric…..we are there for the oil and resources not to help the Afghan people achieve freedom…..how would the people living in that quite little Adelaide town feel if a foreign power started bombing their town and killing there children???

Once lead this people into war and they will forget there ever was such a thing as tolerance.

Woodrow Wilson (1856 - 1924), in John Dos Passos, "Mr Wilson's War"

Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 8:04am

philperth2010 wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 7:28am:
codswal wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 6:30am:

its interesting as most of our so called asylum seekers are now from Sri Lanka/Tamils... how desperate are these people?  all of a sudden I am thinking, where some others have been in camps for years waiting to be chosen..

Well....yes it is!!!

Why is it that the vast majority of refugees who arrive by plane are largely ignored by those who oppose refugees.....the Liberal party of Australia has demonized and victimized asylum seekers for domestic political gain ever since Pauline Hanson struck a nerve and John Howard saw votes in persecuting minorities to appeal to the lowest denominator in our society.....Sure Tony Abbott could stop the boats by treating genuine refugees like criminals…..perhaps a few might commit suicide and children will have mental illness because of their incarceration but politics is a dirty business and refugees should have realized this when they entered the political debate by choosing a boat as their means to find freedom.....refugees should realize when they come to Australia they need to come by plane not boat.....they need to get with the times!!!

According to Abbott we are fighting in Afghanistan for the freedom of the Afghan people from the Taliban…..all I can say is we have nothing to be proud of and our actions do not match our rhetoric…..we are there for the oil and resources not to help the Afghan people achieve freedom…..how would the people living in that quite little Adelaide town feel if a foreign power started bombing their town and killing there children???

Once lead this people into war and they will forget there ever was such a thing as tolerance.

Woodrow Wilson (1856 - 1924), in John Dos Passos, "Mr Wilson's War"

Smiley

Firstly you are confusing asylum seekers with refugees.  The Liberal party doesnt have a problem with refugees.  The Liberal party takes issue with those who jump the queue and dont go through the proper channels in order to get refugee status.  How do you think the refugees in camps across the world waiting for settlement in other countries feel knowing they did the right thing by applying for refugee status the legal way when they see and hear of others queue jumping by paying people smugglers to sneak them in.

Its a fundmental mistake you are continuously making.

As for your second part, the Afghan region doesnt have oil.  The Afghan intervention was backed by the UN.  You are confusing the non-UN endorsed invasion of Iraq which was for oil with the efforts in the Afghan region.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 10:41am

Don’t forget Australia is deliberately being targeted.  Considering most of these asylum seekers pass through 7 other countries before arriving in Australia. The majority of them are from an Islamic background, so it would make more sense for them to stay in Indonesia were the population is about 90% Islamic.

While these asylum seekers live it up in 4* accommodation waiting processing, spare a thought of the Australian people who will be sleeping in parks, alley ways, streets and in cars tonight.  Welcome to Australian justice. 

What about the native Australian children who the Government couldn’t care less about whether they attend school or not.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #22 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 10:43am

Quote:
No sense of National Pride. This is exactly why wars start in the first place.

You've got to be joking. Look where Hitler's national pride got us.

« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2010 at 11:30am by Annie Anthrax »  

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #23 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 10:50am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 4:19pm:

Annie, the poor people who escape the DCR, don't sail HERE directly, now do they??

No, they pass through a number of countries to reach Indonesia. Most of those countries have Embassies........ANY country that is a signatory to the UN refugee policy cannot refuse asylum to a refugee......

So WHY do they pay people smugglers vast amounts of money to sail to Australia?????

Do you not see the sad irony, that Australia has been advertising far and wide for skilled immigrants and tourists - and holding our nation up as the best place to live on the planet!?

Hint: -

Quote:

WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU!?

(No boats.)

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #24 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 10:57am

This country doesn't need anymore people in it.

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 11:29am

Australia could have been one of the most prosperous countries on the planet, but thanks to the low IQ’s of Australians who vote in unintelligent worthless political parties; has now seen that prosperous fortune turned to dust.  Australia is nothing more than the planets strip mine. Many people even doubt that Australia could feed its own population now without importing food. 

Australia needs a bigger population like the planet needs more nuclear weapons.  LOL

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #26 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 11:34am

Oh come on. We have an amazing standard of living that would still be impressive regardless of whether or not we were endowed with bountiful natural resources. They do allow us to punch above our weight, so to speak, but we're still a success story, and would be regardless. An amazing success story that was made possible by the spirit, persistence and ingenuity of the Anglo-Celtic people.

Our average IQ is something like 100.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #27 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 11:36am

Quote:
Our average IQ is something like 100.

Which just makes us 'average'!

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #28 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 11:37am

The world average is something like 85-90, Equitist.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #29 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 11:54am

aikmann4 wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 11:37am:
The world average is something like 85-90, Equitist.

Maybe so, but I was looking up IQ scales yesterday (to compare the results of my sons) and 100 is officially regarded as 'average' on the WISC scale...

I am pleased to know that: overall, my boys are in the 'high average' (borderline 'superior') and 'superior' (borderline very superior') ranges - with some sub-tests in the 'very superior' range...

I haven't given them that specific information - they know they're smart (with marked strengths and some relative and absolute weaknesses) but I don't think it is good to give them a head-swell over their strengths (or to place too much emphasis on their weaknesses)...
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2010 at 12:01pm by Equitist »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print