Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tony Abbot's Speech (Read 1251 times)
dontworry

Australian Politics

Tony Abbot's Speech
Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:45pm

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/defence/tony-abbotts-speech-to-...

This is what I interpreted his speech as.

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are not aware of who I am, I'm the old fashioned good for nothing s.c.u.m bag who deserves to die. What am I doing in parliament? Well to put it best, I'm here to s.h.i.t from my mouth today. I know it sounds quite ordinary, I don't think anybody here can remember the last time anybody around here sh.at from their ar.seholes, but non the less, my speech today is dedicated purely to celebrate the 21 Australian casualties we have so far managed in gaining. Not forgetting of course our beloved 152 men and women who were only injured, and failed to get themselves killed. We must also give our condolences for the families that grieve their failure and appreciate their effort.

Although Australia's commitment to Afghanistan is unmeasurable, we must continue to our quest to kill innocents and most importantly, kill ourselves.
The Yanks have so far managed 1,341 casualties, and the British a total of 340 fatalities. With 21 deaths, we are falling behind and to me, this is completely UNAUSTRALIAN.

We have been lying to the Australian public, and endorsing the lies of the great United States. This nation has too much to be proud of. For NINE whole years we've kept up this deceit, when truth finally prevails one day, our children's children will be taught at school how Australia proudly aided the death of 3,268 innocent civilians in the nation of Afghanistan. That's of course only an estimation of our success for the true amount of innocent civilians we have successfully annihilated far exceeds what any public statistic reveals.

We Australians must continue our quest with the United States, a nation that truly sets the standard for inflicting unnecessary conflict and carnage upon the world for the past decade. We should be proud of their achievements. They are a nation of envy with their flourishing economy and have long proven their dedication to the world for peace and prosperity. If our commitment ever becomes a questionable factor, we will reinforce the importance of this alliance to the public by killing more innocent Australians, if scare campaigns are not successful of course.

September 11, *COUGH* sorry Ladies and Gentlemen, too much S.H.I.T congested in my throat, I can't go on anymore.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Tony Abbot's Speech
Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:06pm

"This is what I interpreted his speech as:"

You can twist and turn, and dodge and lie, but you can`t change the truth.

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:16pm

How is a debate a debate when both parties agree on the content and the outcome?

Politicians and Nappies need to be changed often and for the same reason.

One trouble with political jokes is that they often get elected.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:26pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:16pm:
How is a debate a debate when both parties agree on the content and the outcome?

Could always get the OP to put a nutter twist on everything.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:32pm

OP is nothing more than a troll.

Interesting how he only picked out Abbott when the war in Afghanastan had bi-partisan support, and was UN backed.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:57pm

dontworry wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:45pm:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/defence/tony-abbotts-speech-to-...

This is what I interpreted his speech as.

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, if you are not aware of who I am, I'm the old fashioned good for nothing s.c.u.m bag who deserves to die. What am I doing in parliament? Well to put it best, I'm here to s.h.i.t from my mouth today. I know it sounds quite ordinary, I don't think anybody here can remember the last time anybody around here sh.at from their ar.seholes, but non the less, my speech today is dedicated purely to celebrate the 21 Australian casualties we have so far managed in gaining. Not forgetting of course our beloved 152 men and women who were only injured, and failed to get themselves killed. We must also give our condolences for the families that grieve their failure and appreciate their effort.

Although Australia's commitment to Afghanistan is unmeasurable, we must continue to our quest to kill innocents and most importantly, kill ourselves.
The Yanks have so far managed 1,341 casualties, and the British a total of 340 fatalities. With 21 deaths, we are falling behind and to me, this is completely UNAUSTRALIAN.

We have been lying to the Australian public, and endorsing the lies of the great United States. This nation has too much to be proud of. For NINE whole years we've kept up this deceit, when truth finally prevails one day, our children's children will be taught at school how Australia proudly aided the death of 3,268 innocent civilians in the nation of Afghanistan. That's of course only an estimation of our success for the true amount of innocent civilians we have successfully annihilated far exceeds what any public statistic reveals.

We Australians must continue our quest with the United States, a nation that truly sets the standard for inflicting unnecessary conflict and carnage upon the world for the past decade. We should be proud of their achievements. They are a nation of envy with their flourishing economy and have long proven their dedication to the world for peace and prosperity. If our commitment ever becomes a questionable factor, we will reinforce the importance of this alliance to the public by killing more innocent Australians, if scare campaigns are not successful of course.

September 11, *COUGH* sorry Ladies and Gentlemen, too much S.H.I.T congested in my throat, I can't go on anymore.

You are one of those 'lazy' Australians (could be German, Canadian, Italian etc), who have no ability or time to think in-between 'look-at-moi' preening sessions and arse-hole bleeching appointments, so you resort to implied mental grimaces like, Ostraya is a Yank poodle - snort, snort, snort.

Cliched, shop-soiled, pathetic.

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #6 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 10:15am

arse hole bleaching lol

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 10:59am

On one hand I could give Tony the benefit of the doubt but the other is to ask is this a response to show that he really did want to go there after all.

Should Parliament debate Afghanistan? Well yes no maybe or is there a point since they all agree anyway?

Can we win in Afghanistan – well probably not, people who see them self as defending their country are prepared to fight for generations and we do not either have that same patience or the will to send in a force with the type of tactics which could succeed.

The Russians spent 20 years there and lost in the end, so will we.

We find our self in a situation like Vietnam or North Ireland where the enemy knows exactly who we are where we are and what we can do while we have no idea of who they are or where they are. When the friendlies and the enemy look the same, live in the same areas and do the same things it becomes almost impossible to win.

If you look into the past you see a different trend - in the world wars Germany or Japan were the enemy - All of them, In Korea North Korea were the enemy - all of them, while technically not true it was still a lot easier to manage and identify the other side. The ones with the uniform. While there have always been gorillas they have in the past been a small part of the game.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 11:24am

Dnarever wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 10:59am:
On one hand I could give Tony the benefit of the doubt but the other is to ask is this a response to show that he really did want to go there after all.

The Russians spent 20 years there and lost in the end, so will we.

The situation for Russia was rather different to the current fighting though...

Russia was trying to conquer Afghanistan.....and so had a unified country against them

The UN forces are supporting one side in what is effectively a civil war...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 2:23pm

<<Australia proudly aided the death of 3,268 innocent civilians in the nation of Afghanistan. >>

Each time a civilian is killed many more civilians will join the war against the invaders. In another 10 years the Afghani's are going to have a mighty big army, they are gaining recruits more recruits year on year, and I wouldn't imagine there are too many countries that would hang around for that long, maybe only America and us, attached to their apron strings.

Other countries will realise that it's a no win situation, and like Canada and the Netherlands, they'll exit before they waste more lives.

The choice is:

exit now and admit we wasted 21 lives for no good reason or

fight for another 10 years, then the people will say we wasted hundreds or thousands of lives for no good reason as in Vietnam

They don't want democracy any more than Iran does.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 2:43pm

referring to  the Opening post - a continuation of  the  Tony Abbott dribble

“I was very privileged, very privileged, Mr Speaker, to have recently been afforded the opportunity to meet with our hard-working, dedicated service men and women, including the odd poof, who serve this nation in protecting our national interests and ensure that we as Australians can sleep safely at night” said Mr Abbott.

“This is very dangerous work, very dangerous work, Mr Speaker, that few, few, few of those opposite would have an understanding of, of, of or, or, or, ah, ah an appreciation of, the, the daily risks, and I mean real critical life and death risks, that these truly admirable and courageous Australians, put, put, put, put themselves through every day, with very little, very little creature comforts, that ordinary, ordinary Australians, take for granted every day.”

Mr Abbott offered his complete and full support for Australia’s troops in Afghanistan.

“Fighting on the field, as I have done, side by side, with my, my, fellow Australians in Afghanistan is what I would consider to be one of the greatest highlights of my political career so far, Mr Speaker” said Mr Abbott.

“And while those opposite would seek to politicise the great sacrifice made by our diggers, they ought, ought, ought, really ought, to hang their heads in shame, Mr Speaker, Mr Speaker, because that is nothing other, nothing other than gutter level politics, pure opportunism and political bastardry!” He said.

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 2:50pm

Quote:
referring to  the Opening post - a continuation of  the  Tony Abbott dribble

“I was very privileged, very privileged, Mr Speaker, to have recently been afforded the opportunity to meet with our hard-working, dedicated service men and women, including the odd poof, who serve this nation in protecting our national interests and ensure that we as Australians can sleep safely at night” said Mr Abbott.

“This is very dangerous work, very dangerous work, Mr Speaker, that few, few, few of those opposite would have an understanding of, of, of or, or, or, ah, ah an appreciation of, the, the daily risks, and I mean real critical life and death risks, that these truly admirable and courageous Australians, put, put, put, put themselves through every day, with very little, very little creature comforts, that ordinary, ordinary Australians, take for granted every day.”

Mr Abbott offered his complete and full support for Australia’s troops in Afghanistan.

“Fighting on the field, as I have done, side by side, with my, my, fellow Australians in Afghanistan is what I would consider to be one of the greatest highlights of my political career so far, Mr Speaker” said Mr Abbott.

“And while those opposite would seek to politicise the great sacrifice made by our diggers, they ought, ought, ought, really ought, to hang their heads in shame, Mr Speaker, Mr Speaker, because that is nothing other, nothing other than gutter level politics, pure opportunism and political bastardry!” He said.

IDIOT

Grow a brain You have enough fertilizer in your head for planting the seed

Grin ; Grin Grin GrinD

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print