Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Murdochs obscene salary - The 18th most overpaid ! (Read 3131 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Murdochs obscene salary - The 18th most overpaid !
Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:59am

From the 2010 News Corp AGM transcript.

See how Murdoch tries to justify his obscene salary compared to Buffet's measily 100K per year salary Wink

Buffet is worth 45 bill on paper whilst Murdoch is worth 6 bill but his salary is way out of proportion. Buffet receives no dividends.

Greed is good for Murdoch and Sons !!

http://www.maynereport.com/articles/2010/10/16-0311-8905.html

Quote:
Stephen Mayne: two more issues and I'm done. CGI Glass Lewis, the proxy advisory firm, has their list of the 25 most egregious or overpaid executives in the S&P500, they rank you at number 18. The 18th most egregious or overpaid or at least hard to justify...

Rupert Murdoch: who is this?

Stephen Mayne: CGI Glass Lewis, one of the two big proxy advisory firms. They tell shareholders how to vote their stock. Warren Buffett gets by on $100,000 a year; you're a multi-billionaire. Why do you need to be paid such a huge sum that is actually rated as of one of the most over-the-top payments in corporate America?

Rupert Murdoch: I have a fraction of Mr Buffett's wealth, and Mr Buffett doesn't have to do that, he only has to sell a few shares every year to have many many billions to play with.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Murdochs obscene salary - The 18th most overpaid !
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:24am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:59am:

See how Murdoch tries to justify his obscene salary compared to Buffet's measily 100K per year salary Wink

Buffet is worth 45 bill on paper whilst Murdoch is worth 6 bill but his salary is way out of proportion. Buffet receives no dividends.

Quote:
Stephen Mayne: two more issues and I'm done. CGI Glass Lewis, the proxy advisory firm, has their list of the 25 most egregious or overpaid executives in the S&P500, they rank you at number 18. The 18th most egregious or overpaid or at least hard to justify...

Stephen Mayne: CGI Glass Lewis, one of the two big proxy advisory firms. They tell shareholders how to vote their stock. Warren Buffett gets by on $100,000 a year; you're a multi-billionaire. Why do you need to be paid such a huge sum that is actually rated as of one of the most over-the-top payments in corporate America?

Rupert Murdoch: I have a fraction of Mr Buffett's wealth, and Mr Buffett doesn't have to do that, he only has to sell a few shares every year to have many many billions to play with.

and if you believe Warren Buffet gets only $100K a year then you will beleive anything.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:26am

What does this have to do with politics?

I would hardly call this a pressing political issue here in Australia at present.

Not like they will be discussing this in parliament or anything.

Sigh~

Decoys are futile.

Cool

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:27am

Last time I checked its a company limited by guareentee.  Shareholders holders money, and also Murdock is a major shareholder.

Its not government money, and its not your money, so why the outrage.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:33pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:24am:

Quote:

and if you believe Warren Buffet gets only $100K a year then you will beleive anything.

Yes he does. He lives like a pauper in a very average house. Read about him.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:34pm

Verge wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:27am:
Last time I checked its a company limited by guareentee.  Shareholders holders money, and also Murdock is a major shareholder.

Because you libbos are the first ones to jump up and down about a measly 10 dollar pay rise for minimum wage earners.

You see it's not your money so get lost verge Wink LOL

IP Logged

Del_has_returned

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 1:24pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:34pm:
Last time I checked its a company limited by guareentee.  Shareholders holders money, and also Murdock is a major shareholder.

Because you libbos are the first ones to jump up and down about a measly 10 dollar pay rise for minimum wage earners.

Bentnail, you sound like one of those useless bastards who sees a Rolls Royce in the car park, looks round to see if anybody is about, then “keys” the car from bumper to bumper……..just because you’d NEVER EVER have the determination and business acumen to aspire to be on the bottom rung of any ladder, so in your pathetic opinion why should anybody else be successful and own a car like that!  
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2010 at 5:55pm by Del_has_returned »  

Labor.....what a bloody joke...

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 1:33pm

Del_has_returned wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 1:24pm:
Last time I checked its a company limited by guareentee.  Shareholders holders money, and also Murdock is a major shareholder.

Bentnail, you sound like one of those useless bastards who sees a Rolls Royce in the car park, looks round to see if anybody is about, then “keys” the car from bumper to bumper……..just because you’d NEVER EVER have the determination and business acumen to aspire to be on the bottom ring of any ladder, so in your pathetic opinion why should anybody else be successful and own a car like that!  

Presactly, envy drives the left.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 1:39pm

Actually I was the one who supported the pay increase because the workers got nothing the year before.

And thanks to Gillard that $26 got chewed up in our award modernisation process anyway.

I dont begrudge anyone on the minimum wage, someone has to do the work they do.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:42pm

great threads all of these mellie

me thinks thou dost awaken -:)

everything is in accordance with the divine plan,

and so it is

namaste

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:47pm

I can't believe anyone  could stick up for Murdock and justify these outrages salarys. Has the 'devil' taken their concept of what life is about ?

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:53pm

Quote:
I can't believe anyone  could stick up for Murdock and justify these outrages salarys. Has the 'devil' taken their concept of what life is about ?

Im defending his companies rights to make up their own minds on the salaries of their staff, providing they meet minimum wage standards.

These are not government organisations.  It is the shareholders money.  I have always been a firm believer that as long as the shareholders approve, then its fine by me.  After all, its their money.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 2:59pm

I didnt know this about Murdoch

"After McEwen and Menzies retired, Murdoch transferred his support to the newly elected Leader of the Australian Labor Party, Gough Whitlam, who was elected in 1972 on a social platform that included universal free health care, free education for all Australians to tertiary level, recognition of the People's Republic of China, and public ownership of Australia's oil, gas and mineral resources."

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 3:21pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:33pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:24am:

Quote:

Yes he does. He lives like a pauper in a very average house. Read about him.

Yeah, but isn't Buffet pretty much retired??
Whereas Murdoch still handles the day to day running of his business empire...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:08pm

Murdochs company, murdchs money.  only a person with a poverty mentatility would complain.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print