Only if she likes it    
  1 (33.3%)
No - never ever under any circumstances    
  1 (33.3%)

Total votes: 3
« Created by: True Colours on: Jul 30th, 2013 at 8:45pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 22
Send Topic Print
wife beating in Islam (Read 85474 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
wife beating in Islam
Oct 17th, 2010 at 6:49pm

Abu I don't think we ever got a straight answer from you in this thread:

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 14th, 2010 at 6:56pm:
Quote:
And since when has beating your wife become non-abusive? Do Muslims have to attach a dual meaning to everything?

Hitting need not be abusive. Parents often hit their children to discipline them, and it's usually not abusive, even when it causes bruising sometimes.

Quote:
He said nothing of the abuse and he did not reprimand the husband for his actions

Yes, he was wise enough to enquire as to why.

Quote:
Therefore he allowed it

In this particular case he did not take action against the man for it, does not mean it's a permissible action. Assuming it was even abuse, which I don't think is established anyway.

When is hitting not abusive?

What are the limits (if any) placed on wife beating by Islamic law?

When Muhammed 'examined the reasons' for his comrades beating their wives until their skin turned green, what was his reason for not criticising them or taking action against them?

Can you explain the reason why it may not be permissable if it went unpunished? What is the difference?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: wife beating in Islam
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 8:49pm

You're seriously a loser fd.

I think you'd be better off spending your time addressing the 15,000 women raped by Christian/Democratic soldiers that I posted about in the Extremism Exposed forum. Seems you've been worried all this time about semantics and definitions in Islamic jurisprudence, and forgotten all about your own people and the horrors they're living with...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:10pm

Thanks for the advice Abu. I often wonder what the best use of my time would be.

Now, any chance of an 'open and frank' answer?

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:17pm

Quote:
Thanks for the advice Abu. I often wonder what the best use of my time would be.

A word of advice: it ain't on the net.

"do as I say, not as I do"

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:21pm

Seriously, the topic has been done to death, I've stated on _numerous_ occasions in no uncertain terms the Islamic viewpoint on it, and yet time and time again, you claim there's been no discussion on it, you haven't been "satisfied" with what you want to take place in any discussion on the issue, and then you cry that Muslims obfuscate and won't tell you the truth or something.

I am at a loss to understand how you ask it again and again with a straight face.

I guess it's part of your "Muslims never tell the truth" so there's "Always more to come out" fantasy isn't it?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:30pm

Quote:
I've stated on _numerous_ occasions in no uncertain terms the Islamic viewpoint on it

Would you mind linking to one of those examples? Just one will do. Because all I see are contradictions and ambiguity.

Quote:
and yet time and time again, you claim there's been no discussion on it

Again Abu, you put words in my mouth. Try quoting me instead of just making things up. There has been plenty of discussion. Just not open and frank discussion.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:23pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 8:49pm:
You're seriously a loser fd.

I think you'd be better off spending your time addressing the 15,000 women raped by Christian/Democratic soldiers that I posted about in the Extremism Exposed forum. Seems you've been worried all this time about semantics and definitions in Islamic jurisprudence, and forgotten all about your own people and the horrors they're living with...

OH FFS .. MORE MADE UP RUBBISH NOW!!!

And YOU think FD is the loser here??? Pffft!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:42pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:21pm:
Seriously, the topic has been done to death, I've stated on _numerous_ occasions in no uncertain terms the Islamic viewpoint on it, and yet time and time again, you claim there's been no discussion on it, you haven't been "satisfied" with what you want to take place in any discussion on the issue, and then you cry that Muslims obfuscate and won't tell you the truth or something.

I am at a loss to understand how you ask it again and again with a straight face.

I guess it's part of your "Muslims never tell the truth" so there's "Always more to come out" fantasy isn't it?

Brian, you know full well that Islam suppoprts DV.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:20pm

Who the hell is Brian LMAO ????

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:52pm

Islam supports physical discipline in extreme cases where a wife takes to rebelliousness and does not listen to her husband.

On the contrary it's the Western societies which promote and support Domestic Violence, through the rampant abuse of alcohol and the degrading view of women as hyper-sexualised objects of lust, to be used and abused to serve the interests of men.

You cannot change the cold hard facts on the ground by merely peddling misguided and ignorant stereotypes that you've been duped into believing by your immoral and shameless sensationalist media.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 11:51am

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:52pm:
Islam supports physical discipline in extreme cases where a wife takes to rebelliousness and does not listen to her husband.

Enough said.

So FD was right all along.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 12:29pm

Quote:

That is domestic violence, and if you advocate it you are no better than the perpetrator.
I have always stood up for you here Abu, as I think you get a hard time just because you're a Muslim, but making statements like that makes me think I was wrong, you are no better, if you condone domestic violence, which you obviously do, you are a  
[mod: expletives removed, keep it clean]

« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 6:39pm by abu_rashid »  

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 12:38pm

skippy. wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 12:29pm:
Quote:

That is domestic violence, and if you advocate it you are no better than the perpetrator.
I have always stood up for you here Abu, as I think you get a hard time just because you're a Muslim, but making statements like that makes me think I was wrong, you are no better, if you condone domestic violence, which you obviously do, you are a  
[mod: expletives removed, keep it clean]

Much respect Skippy. You are a decent man for calling a spade a spade.

Domestic violence against women is exactly that .. and there is NO EXCUSE for it WHATSOEVER!

And  .. in Oz it's a CRIME!

I'm out of here!
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:34pm by abu_rashid »  

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 3:29pm

IP Logged

Axle

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:20pm

This is not a very encouraging thread. It seems that everyone has their own uninformed opinion of what is the case. Seriously, it seems that Muslims are being held to account to a higher standard than what goes on in everyday society. Domestic violence is rife in Australia. No one group owns it or most of it. Recall the campain against it? Australia says no?

Most anyone if asked would say they don't condone domestic violence. I did a few searches on the net. I googled, "Does Islam condone Domestic violence". Seems not. I suppose if I googled , "Does Christianity" condone DV, I'd get similar. I bet if I plugged in "Does the TWUA condone DV", I'd get the same.

And then there is the reality of what goes on.

The only people who can hold their heads high in this sort of "debate" are those who do not engage in such behaviour.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 22
Send Topic Print