Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 ! (Read 7909 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 !
Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:20am

Yesterday petrol was 131.9 !!

Does that make any sense to anyone ?

The dollar moves up and so does petrol !!

There are no bargains to be had from those tight fisted pricks Sad

Bring on the electric cars Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 !
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:30am

Anyone else notice that olive oil is on special, for the first time since our dollar last approached parity? Good timing too, I was about to run out.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:38am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:20am:

The excuse will be that we get our oil from SE Asia. I wonder what would make petrol cheaper in this country? nothing apparently.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:42am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:38am:

The excuse will be that we get our oil from SE Asia. I wonder what would make petrol cheaper in this country? nothing apparently.

They will have a dozen lame excuses to justify robbing people Sad

Owning an electric car will make it so cheap as to make it worthless Wink LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:43am

freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:30am:
Anyone else notice that olive oil is on special, for the first time since our dollar last approached parity? Good timing too, I was about to run out.

We get our Olive oil from local farm near the river good stuff to

just out of Cobram on the Victorian side

Cheesy

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:46am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:38am:

My wife went south to Benalla yesterday and payed a dollar 16L

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:49am

Yes that's right nail, the government want people to be chained to the petrol pump.  It is far to expensive, and something must be done about it.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:53am

I always thought petrol price was to do with the price per barrel rather than the aussie dollar..good job it doesnt have anything to do with the price of gold.poor old rusty thinks the price of electricity will be cheaper..I have no idea where he gets that idea from.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:01am

codswal wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:53am:
I always thought petrol price was to do with the price per barrel rather than the aussie dollar..good job it doesnt have anything to do with the price of gold.poor old rusty thinks the price of electricity will be cheaper..I have no idea where he gets that idea from.

Still cheaper to run an electric car even when electricity is expensive and you have the option of creating your own energy from your own home to offset your usage, which is an option you never get with fossil fools.

I don't know how many times I have spelt this out to you codsballs. Is there something wrong with your ability to comprehend simple concepts ?

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:14am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:01am:

Still cheaper to run an electric car even when electricity is expensive and you have the option of creating your own energy from your own home to offset your usage, which is an option you never get with fossil fools.

I don't know how many times I have spelt this out to you codsballs. Is there something wrong with your ability to comprehend simple concepts ?

no rusty my comprehension is fine its just that I dont believe for one moment the power will ever be cheaper.. if you think the the Power Companies are going to be happy with everyone paying less and less for their product then you have greater faith than I do..you can see into the future and I cant, I just go on past experiance.. and that is...nothing is cheap/er nothing is free..and if you think wind power and green power is going to be.. well I hope your right.. because most of the people that are running the place today will be the same people running it tomorrow.. and all they are interested in is money..

can you name one bill that is cheaper today than it was say 25 years ago??..my phone alone costs something like $70 a month just for having a landline and thats without using it.water we pay hundreds per year without turning a tap on, thats how they get you.because we dont see it coming untill after we are in too deep to get out.

but of course you can live in a world that believes in the tooth fairy..

I just believe in reality

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:33am

codswal wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:14am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:01am:

no rusty my comprehension is fine its just that I dont believe for one moment the power will ever be cheaper.. if you think the the Power Companies are going to be happy with everyone paying less and less for their product then you have greater faith than I do..you can see into the future and I cant, I just go on past experiance.. and that is...nothing is cheap/er nothing is free..and if you think wind power and green power is going to be.. well I hope your right.. because most of the people that are running the place today will be the same people running it tomorrow.. and all they are interested in is money..

can you name one bill that is cheaper today than it was say 25 years ago??..my phone alone costs something like $70 a month just for having a landline and thats without using it.water we pay hundreds per year without turning a tap on, thats how they get you.because we dont see it coming untill after we are in too deep to get out.

but of course you can live in a world that believes in the tooth fairy..

I just believe in reality

The conservation of energy principles has nothing to with tooth fairies. Why are you so thick ?

It doesn't matter what price power is because you can offset your own power usage with your own solar PV array. There is nothing they can do about it. If you produce as much energy as you use, they can't charge you for any energy !! They might rip you off for connection fees but they can't rip you off on energy consumption which is the KEY point in using electric cars.

Why do you have such a difficult time understanding the principles of energy consumption and production.

And look who is the one who is whinging about a good idea of using an
electric car to stop getting fleeced at the fool bowser.

IP Logged

bridonta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:43am

it's greedy out of control

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:23pm

usual toe-nail rant... nothing new. he just wants what he cant have - EVs. pretty hard to buy a product that pretty much doesnt exist. the MiEV comes on in 2011 - maybe. the Nissan Leaf comes out in 2012. the Tesla is a great car - and very expensive.

so it is a bit like complaining about the cost of fuel in jetpacks. neitehr actually exist in the marketplace.

oh and toe-nail. I actually intend to get a Tesla perhaps in 2012/13. what ev are YOU buying or will you be still complaining even then about EVs and house prices and owning neither?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:27pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:23pm:
usual toe-nail rant... nothing new. he just wants what he cant have - EVs. pretty hard to buy a product that pretty much doesnt exist. the MiEV comes on in 2011 - maybe. the Nissan Leaf comes out in 2012. the Tesla is a great car - and very expensive.

so it is a bit like complaining about the cost of fuel in jetpacks. neitehr actually exist in the marketplace.

oh and toe-nail. I actually intend to get a Tesla perhaps in 2012/13. what ev are YOU buying or will you be still complaining even then about EVs and house prices and owning neither?

So what's so cheap about the price of petrol you f.ing idiot ??

So now you are going to get a Tesla when you spent the best part of 4000 posts on Yahoo politics bagging it and the price of it.

Get lost badweekend you fraud.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:28pm

Longweekend.
Quote:
I actually intend to get a Tesla perhaps in 2012/13

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:
Mitty is a meek, mild man with a vivid fantasy life: in a few dozen paragraphs he imagines himself a wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer. The character's name has come into more general use to refer to an ineffectual dreamer, appearing in several dictionaries.[2] The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs
Although the story has humorous elements, there is a darker and more significant message underlying the text, leading to a more tragic interpretation of the Mitty character. Even in his heroic daydreams, Mitty does not triumph, several fantasies being interrupted before the final one sees Mitty dying bravely in front of a firing squad. In the brief snatches of reality that punctuate Mitty's fantasies we meet well-meaning but insensitive strangers who inadvertently rob Mitty of some of his remaining dignity.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:30pm

bridonta wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:43am:
it's greedy out of control

Only badweekend thinks it's not out of control. Even at 5 bucks per litre he still won't talk about the price of it and how it will be out of the reach of most people and how nobody should own an electric vehicle because you might need to drive it from Melbourne to Sydney in an emergency Sad

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:34pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:28pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:
Mitty is a meek, mild man with a vivid fantasy life: in a few dozen paragraphs he imagines himself a wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer. The character's name has come into more general use to refer to an ineffectual dreamer, appearing in several dictionaries.[2] The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs
Although the story has humorous elements, there is a darker and more significant message underlying the text, leading to a more tragic interpretation of the Mitty character. Even in his heroic daydreams, Mitty does not triumph, several fantasies being interrupted before the final one sees Mitty dying bravely in front of a firing squad. In the brief snatches of reality that punctuate Mitty's fantasies we meet well-meaning but insensitive strangers who inadvertently rob Mitty of some of his remaining dignity.

This is the only Tesla that badweekend will be able to afford to buy Wink LOL

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:48pm

And if he can't afford to buy that one he can buy this matchbox one Wink

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #18 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 1:14pm

How odd nails....

Petrol where I live ,with only 3 servos (1 Woolworths, 1 BP and 1 independant), was at 124.9 this morning.......And that is NSW Regoinal pricing, so usually 0.10c per litre MORE than Sydney...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 1:37pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 1:14pm:
How odd nails....

Petrol where I live ,with only 3 servos (1 Woolworths, 1 BP and 1 independant), was at 124.9 this morning.......And that is NSW Regoinal pricing, so usually 0.10c per litre MORE than Sydney...

Well it certainly wasn't down here in Melbourne Wink

I haven't checked today though. We are having some horse race meeting on today and the motorbike Grand Prix down at Phillip Island so maybe that is why.

Why do they have to scam money off people on public holidays or major events Sad

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:04pm

Longweekend.
Quote:

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:

and the two gay lovers return to bag anyone whose opinion doesnt match their own. and in case you havent worked out dipsticks, the Tesla is not a LOT cheaper than it was a year ago - actually affordable.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

laborfornever

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:37pm

Once again ppl overlook the fact that a business has operating costs. lets say the AUD went so high that buying petrol essentially became free, yep its now so cheap cause the AUD is at 100USD to 1AUD. (example obviously)

Does that mean petrol should be sold for free or 1cent a litre???

How does the business make any money if it sells the petrol for free or 1 cent a litre??  what about rent wages insurance loan interest etc.

there comes a point where no matter how high the AUD goes or low the oil becomes, teh business will still have to sell it at a price to pay expenses and make a profit??

How much do you think we should be paying for petrol?????

$80USD a barrel is for unrefined, untransported oil, factor in wages for the refiners, the truck drivers the servo staff and all of those companies operating costs and you'll see that petrol will never drop below $1.10-$1.15 ever again, especially whan you get a 5% pay rise every year and rising interest rates mean businesses always have to pay more on their loans.

Petrol IMO is pretty cheap, and if you can't afford the extra $5 a tank how in gods name are you going to afford your rising electricity bills or extra costs when you get your beloved ETS/carbon tax????

On one hand you say that risinjg electricity prises will make peple us eless power which you promote, but when its petrol you have a whinge like the bitch girl you are.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:42pm

Longweekend.
Quote:
and the two gay lovers return to bag anyone whose opinion doesnt match their own. and in case you havent worked out dipsticks, the Tesla is not a LOT cheaper than it was a year ago - actually affordable.

Longweekend alias Walter Mitty -
I am not gay.
I am not a dipstick.

IP Logged

laborfornever

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:48pm

lets say a servo has to cover the following costs,

wages  for 24/7 business 3 shifts total of 7 staff a day $250 per staff member includes super insurance etc.  $2000ish a day

rent  $2000 per week

insurance  $1000 per week

to break even servo has to make $17000 profit thats just to break even, I am sure it would be higher than that but lets assume $17000 break even costs, thats assumming they have no loan to repay.

Cheaper petrol means they have to sell more, which wont happen, servo doesn't make costs, goes broke and closes, is that what you want??

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:03pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:42pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

I am not gay.
I am not a dipstick.

i think you'd find most people think you are!

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #25 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:07pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 1:37pm:
How odd nails....

I haven't checked today though. We are having some horse race meeting on today and the motorbike Grand Prix down at Phillip Island so maybe that is why.

Why do they have to scam money off people on public holidays or major events Sad

Could it be because the petrol companies are 'private enterprise'???

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #26 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:09pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:03pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

I am not gay.
I am not a dipstick.

Bobby+ lastnail = man-crush???

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #27 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:16pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:07pm:
How odd nails....

Free Market - the "Religion of the RIGHT"

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:24pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:16pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:07pm:
How odd nails....

Free Market - the "Religion of the RIGHT"

'planned economies' (otherwise known as planned poverty) - the religion of the left.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:29pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:03pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

I am not gay.
I am not a dipstick.

On the contrary, most people would know you are, you never cease talking about male genitalia, no doubt a closet bible bashing hypocrite, but no surprises there.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #30 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:31pm

OH, just been to Brisbane today, petrol was 126.9 a litre there, got home,( to far north NSW) and its 134.9.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:44pm

Why do you have such a difficult time understanding the principles of energy consumption and production.

principles of enery production... yes you could say I have a problem with that.. cant all be as obsessive with this as you are..

however yoiu admit they have to produce the electricity you will plug your car into..and now it will all come from the sun which will be free is that right?.they will charge for connection... connection to what the sun???..oh I would have thought that would be a solar business nothing to do with power stations or the like..ok so we can all look forward to running a car and a home for nothing is that what you are saying???.. because thats the way it reads...

and since when have I whinged about the price of petrol.. not since it reached nearly $1.70 your the only whinger that I can see regarding petrol prices, go back to your op..get your little mini electric scooter.. lol.. see how far it takes you and at what speed before the battery runs down on aussie roads...lol..watch out for speeding bicycles thats all I can say..solar power free well well well.

IP Logged

Team Froggie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #32 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:00pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:23pm:

longy...
Instead of having a little hissy-fit why don't you, in your wisdom, go have a look at cods' 10.53am post and explain to her the economics of buying crude with a $A that is at, or close to, parity with the $US???

Smiley

"What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?"-Jack Kerouac.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:35pm

codswal wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:44pm:

principles of enery production... yes you could say I have a problem with that.. cant all be as obsessive with this as you are..

however yoiu admit they have to produce the electricity you will plug your car into..and now it will all come from the sun which will be free is that right?.they will charge for connection... connection to what the sun???..oh I would have thought that would be a solar business nothing to do with power stations or the like..ok so we can all look forward to running a car and a home for nothing is that what you are saying???.. because thats the way it reads...

and since when have I whinged about the price of petrol.. not since it reached nearly $1.70 your the only whinger that I can see regarding petrol prices, go back to your op..get your little mini electric scooter.. lol.. see how far it takes you and at what speed before the battery runs down on aussie roads...lol..watch out for speeding bicycles thats all I can say..solar power free well well well.

OK idiot I can't explain it any better than this dude can Wink

http://www.evnut.com/solar.htm

Even better, skip the grid feed and charge the EV directly from your solar cells. Can't do that with your $1.31 per liter fossil fool car  Wink

« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:41pm by Sir lastnail »  

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:38pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:04pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:

Somehow the Tesla is expensive but a $200,000 Porsche or Mercedes is never never expensive !!

What a deadshit you are.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:45am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:35pm:
codswal wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:44pm:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK idiot I can't explain it any better than this dude can Wink

http://www.evnut.com/solar.htm

Even better, skip the grid feed and charge the EV directly from your solar cells. Can't do that with your $1.31 per liter fossil fool car  Wink

heres my last word on this too you..I dont want or need to understand all this ha.,ha. toys for the boys talk..I AM TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE. once you guys all have you little mickey mouse cars..and you think the CEOs.. of the big power stations..Caltex.Energy Aust.. are all going to take their pay checks and leave you to a free ride..well all  I am saying is,it wont happen thats all..you will PAY.

I know what they are doing right now... its called SUCKING YOU IN..give a discount free hooking up to the grid.. its all there..

look at the NBN in Tasmania... it isnt going to Plan... hardly anyone has elected to hook up to it... watch the next step the govt...US.. you and I on the mainland will be giving them FREE hook up.. my god if not,the biggest white elephant will be in the loungeroom..

maybe people are waking up to the fact that all this free cheaper its whats best for everyone ... just maybe the price is too high, and NO I DONT MEAN TODAY I MEAN IN THE FUTURE. even without my chrystal ball I cant see you driving your little electric car for nothing..you may even live to regret the demise of fossil fuel...lol

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:47am

hey rusty never seen you condemn Top Gear..or lobby the govt to stop it..and all that maniac car racing round and round in a circle..my TV is just about swamped with petrol fumes can you do something about it please..or have you already put in your complaints.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #37 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:33pm

skippy. wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:31pm:
OH, just been to Brisbane today, petrol was 126.9 a litre there, got home,( to far north NSW) and its 134.9.

Regular or the 'Ultimate' stuff skip??

Although QLD is (or used to be) cheaper than NSW...Something to do with taxes, I think...

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #38 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:34pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:

Somehow the Tesla is expensive but a $200,000 Porsche or Mercedes is never never expensive !!

What a deadshit you are.

I thought YOU'D be happy that someone is buying an EV nails??

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 2:49pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:33pm:

Although QLD is (or used to be) cheaper than NSW...Something to do with taxes, I think...

I bought premium, and yea, Qld is cheaper than NSW less tax on fuel, but, we get our fuel from Qld here and it used to be the same price here as on the gold coast but in the last year or so its more expensive here than it is in Sydney, go figure.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 2:55pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:34pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:

What a deadshit you are.

I thought YOU'D be happy that someone is buying an EV nails??

he is NEVER happy - its part of his 'charm'.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #41 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 4:28pm

The rising Australian dollar has helped keep your petrol price down.

The price per barrel of the standard petrol in South East Asia - which is where Australian pump prices are based - has increase by over 7% in the last 3 months.

This has been offset in Australia by the rising AUD, otherwise you'd be paying back upwards of about $1.45 per litre.

The GFC kept the price increases in check and you're still paying less than you were before that global slowdown.

Like I have said to you all on numerous occasions, you pay far too much in tax for petrol.
In the United States we pay around 16c per litre in tax. In Australia you pay over 4 times that.

If the Australian Government adopts the USA tax system on petrol you would pay 80c per litre TOMORROW.

It's your tax that makes petrol so much higher than in the USA, not the cost per barrel.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #42 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 4:40pm

Pay less tax, be as wasteful as the Americans are with petrol and have a trillion dollar national debt?
Na..I dont mind paying taxes  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #43 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 4:45pm

As is your right to be happy about it.

I am happy that I only pay 80 odd cents per litre and pay way less tax.

If you're happy with how much tax you pay, I don't want to see Aussies on here complaining about 'how much we pay in petrol' like on here.

You pay a lot because you're taxed a lot, that's a fact.

Add in the fact you want to put an absurd carbon tax onto your everyday good and you'll pay a shiteload more again.

You really are nuts.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #44 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:05pm

The domestic Singapore price is around S$1.90 so us Aussies shouldn't complain to much.
The only first world country with third world petrol prices is the USA and its no coincidence that they are the most wasteful society on the planet  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #45 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:11pm

In parts some provinces of Canada, petrol is 90c per litre.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #46 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:12pm

Andrei, to be fair I think Im pretty much the only Aussie on here who doesn't complain about petrol prices.
If others on here don't like our prices then it is their right to complain but I happen to think that for a first world country with an open trading and tax system that our petrol prices are quite good.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #47 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:17pm

adelcrow wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:12pm:
Andrei, to be fair I think Im pretty much the only Aussie on here who doesn't complain about petrol prices.
If others on here don't like our prices then it is their right to complain but I happen to think that for a first world country with an open trading and tax system that our petrol prices are quite good.

I realise that you're not complaining at the cost.

There are plenty on here (and in Australia in general) who do complain.
The oil companies are not the ones who set the price being so much more in Australia than in the United States.
As you and I know, it is down to the tax system.

The USA are not alone by the way as your assertion made.
In Edmonton right now, ordinary grade petrol is 92c per litre. Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal are all under $1 per litre too.

Australia has a high tax on petrol compared to the US and Canada. If people want high tax AND they allegedly want this carbon tax (which I really don't think people realise how much it will cost them til it comes in) - then they can't sit there and complain when they pay for it.

I don't complain about petrol prices in the USA because I am happy with them and support the tax structure.
If I did support it and then complained, it'd be hypocritical of me.

Lastnail is being a hypocrite - he supports the Greens and bringing in taxes on petrol then complains how much it is.
Go figure.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #48 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:27pm

The Aussie and Canadian dollar are at parity with petrol in Toronto being C$1.06 a litre you are right about it being cheaper than in Australia but we buy our crude at the Singapore price whereas Canada buys it at the US price.
We pay the higher price for crude because Malcolm Fraser in his wisdom thought it would encourage exploration in Australia and he was right.
If Canada used the Singapore price for crude they would not be much less than Australia.
In Adelaide this week at the bottom of the discount cycle petrol prices at the pump will fall to around $1.10 a litre

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #49 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:34pm

Canada also produces a crap load of crude and exports a lot of it...Australia imports most of its crude  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:35pm

codswal wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:47am:
hey rusty never seen you condemn Top Gear..or lobby the govt to stop it..and all that maniac car racing round and round in a circle..my TV is just about swamped with petrol fumes can you do something about it please..or have you already put in your complaints.

I often bag the Grand Prix and say they should cancel it as it is a complete waste of tax payers money. Obviously you don't read everything I write !

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #51 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:40pm

If you look at how much crude Canada produces and exports to the USA, the Singapore price and the countries tax systems..Australia's petrol price is still pretty good in comparison  Smiley
There is of course a difference in price depending on where you live and the discount cycles in Australia as well  Smiley
I would argue that if we paid the same tax as we do now on petrol but used the US crude price and produced as much crude as Canada that we would have similar or lower prices than Canada  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:41pm

codswal wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:45am:
heres my last word on this too you..I dont want or need to understand all this ha.,ha. toys for the boys talk..I AM TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE. once you guys all have you little mickey mouse cars..and you think the CEOs.. of the big power stations..Caltex.Energy Aust.. are all going to take their pay checks and leave you to a free ride..well all  I am saying is,it wont happen thats all..you will PAY.

I know what they are doing right now... its called SUCKING YOU IN..give a discount free hooking up to the grid.. its all there..

look at the NBN in Tasmania... it isnt going to Plan... hardly anyone has elected to hook up to it... watch the next step the govt...US.. you and I on the mainland will be giving them FREE hook up.. my god if not,the biggest white elephant will be in the loungeroom..

maybe people are waking up to the fact that all this free cheaper its whats best for everyone ... just maybe the price is too high, and NO I DONT MEAN TODAY I MEAN IN THE FUTURE. even without my chrystal ball I cant see you driving your little electric car for nothing..you may even live to regret the demise of fossil fuel...lol

So what do you think they can do about it dummy ??

I mean connecting up an electric motor to a battery is nothing new and has been around for donkey's ages.

Maybe we all should ditch our computers and go back to using typewriters so we can give typewriter mechanics back their jobs Wink LOL

Somehow you have a George Orwellian mindset and think that anyone who has an EV parked in their driveway being charged up via their rooftop PV array is going to be raided by the thought police and have it confiscated Wink LOL

Maybe you also believe they should tax us for using daylight to light up our houses during the day or better still cover up all of the windows in our homes so we all have to use artificial light and the pay the power companies accordingly Wink LOL

No wonder you vote liberal. All liberal voters are Luddites.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:49pm by Sir lastnail »  

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:52pm

adelcrow wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:40pm:
If you look at how much crude Canada produces and exports to the USA, the Singapore price and the countries tax systems..Australia's petrol price is still pretty good in comparison  Smiley
There is of course a difference in price depending on where you live and the discount cycles in Australia as well  Smiley
I would argue that if we paid the same tax as we do now on petrol but used the US crude price and produced as much crude as Canada that we would have similar or lower prices than Canada  Smiley

It's still much to dear in view of the fact that there is no quality control thanks to Howard getting rid of the inspectors and weights and measures people.

When you fill up with contaminated fuel which stuffs your engine up who pays for the repair bill ?? The filthy fossil fool corporations don't want to know about it !!

Surely the motoring public deserves better value than that !!

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #54 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 7:40pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:33pm:

We recently had our fuel subsidy removed by the treacherous mole, Commandant Blight, and her cronies.  As far as I know, there is no longer a significant difference in taxes between QLD & NSW; I could be wrong.

Politicians and Nappies need to be changed often and for the same reason.

One trouble with political jokes is that they often get elected.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #55 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 7:42pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:52pm:
If you look at how much crude Canada produces and exports to the USA, the Singapore price and the countries tax systems..Australia's petrol price is still pretty good in comparison  Smiley
There is of course a difference in price depending on where you live and the discount cycles in Australia as well  Smiley
I would argue that if we paid the same tax as we do now on petrol but used the US crude price and produced as much crude as Canada that we would have similar or lower prices than Canada  Smiley

It's still much to dear in view of the fact that there is no quality control thanks to Howard getting rid of the inspectors and weights and measures people.

When you fill up with contaminated fuel which stuffs your engine up who pays for the repair bill ??
The filthy fossil fool corporations don't want to know about it !!

The fuel company if it can be proven it was contaminated.  BP forked out a ton of money not that long ago to repair many diesel fuel pumps after a contamination problem with their diesel.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:24pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 7:42pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:52pm:

When you fill up with contaminated fuel which stuffs your engine up who pays for the repair bill ??
The filthy fossil fool corporations don't want to know about it !!

The fuel company if it can be proven it was contaminated.  BP forked out a ton of money not that long ago to repair many diesel fuel pumps after a contamination problem with their diesel.

Yes but they have a different set of rules for the consumer and that is to deny liability !!

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #57 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:33pm

Pretty hard to do that with proof of A: Contamination and B: Purchase.

They will of course always offer to foot the bill without prejudice.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #58 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:41pm

adelcrow wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:34pm:
Canada also produces a crap load of crude and exports a lot of it...Australia imports most of its crude  Smiley

No we EXPORT most of our crude oil...

As at 2006, Australia produced 429,250 barrels of crude oil per day....

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:53pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:33pm:

Many cases on Today Tonight of contamination and they weasel their way out of it so don't be so naive.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #60 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:53pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:41pm:
Canada also produces a crap load of crude and exports a lot of it...Australia imports most of its crude  Smiley

I think Australia now does quite a bit of importing and not to much exporting, since our Production of black gold Peaked around 2000.

You may like to have a look thru the information available here -
http://anz.theoildrum.com/node/3657

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #61 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 6:27am

perceptions_now wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:53pm:

I think Australia now does quite a bit of importing and not to much exporting, since our Production of black gold Peaked around 2000.

No, Australia still produces about 80% to 85% of our crude oil requirements....
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2010 at 6:39am by gizmo_2655 »  

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:29am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 6:27am:

Where did you get your information from Gizmo? It's not common knowledge.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #63 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:35am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:29am:

http://worldofenergy.com.au/factsheet_oilrefining/07_fact_oilRefining_australia.html

But yes, the amount IS dropping...

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:37am

ACtually it IS fairly common knowledge. we export our oil which is mainly not suitable for refining to petrol and import the oil we need.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #65 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:44am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:37am:

ACtually it IS fairly common knowledge. we export our oil which is mainly not suitable for refining to petrol and import the oil we need.

I think it's not so much that our crude isn't suitable for petrol....it's more that it's useless for engine oil, bitumen etc...
Our crude oil is very light.......it's almost 'diesel' when it comes out of the ground in some places...
In fact I've heard from a number of people that can actually run a diesel engine using the crude straight out of the wells in QLD ( it clogs the filters pretty quickly though, and you'd need new filters after a couple of thousand kilometres)

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #66 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:53am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:35am:

http://worldofenergy.com.au/factsheet_oilrefining/07_fact_oilRefining_australia.html

But yes, the amount IS dropping...

gizmo,
I think you may fund there is a difference between Crude Oil Production (extraction) and the refining of that production into Petrol and other products.

The following is from your site -
The facts about Oil refining
Australia’s main oil refineries:
Australia produces 80 to 85 per cent of its crude oil requirements. There are seven major oil refineries operating in Australia, which refine crude oil into a wide range of petroleum products for use within the country and for export. Australia’s major oil refineries are:

Whilst the 80-85% figure you used is correct, it pplies to the % of Crude we refine, compared to what we consume.

We actually producejust over 400,000 bpd in OZ, but our Consumption is over 900,000 bpd.

What do you think the situation would look like, if we go with both major party's & our Population doubles over the next 40 years or so???

Link -

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:01am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:44am:
Canada also produces a crap load of crude and exports a lot of it...Australia imports most of its crude  Smiley

I think it's not so much that our crude isn't suitable for petrol....it's more that it's useless for engine oil, bitumen etc...
Our crude oil is very light.......it's almost 'diesel' when it comes out of the ground in some places...
In fact I've heard from a number of people that can actually run a diesel engine using the crude straight out of the wells in QLD ( it clogs the filters pretty quickly though, and you'd need new filters after a couple of thousand kilometres)

And you reckon that's great technology Sad

When are you lot going to move out of your cave.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:51am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:01am:

talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:05am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:51am:
talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

When it crashes otherwise I'm doing quite well from interest payments thank you very much Wink LOL

What do they say about good investing. Buy low sell high !!

badweekend wants everyone to do the complete opposite and buy high and get screwed on the way down Wink LOL

Good on you badweekend. I see you're still talking lots of shite from out of the side of your face Wink

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:13am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:05am:
talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

When it crashes otherwise I'm doing quite well from interest payments thank you very much Wink LOL

badweekend wants everyone to do the complete opposite and buy high and get screwed on the way down Wink LOL

Good on you badweekend. I see you're still talking lots of shite from out of the side of your face Wink

so in short you are still renting... and in the meantime prices continue to rise and since you have been posting on here the price of the average house has risen about $80,000. Im sure your 'investments' help you sleep at night in your rented house.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:28am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:13am:

so in short you are still renting... and in the meantime prices continue to rise and since you have been posting on here the price of the average house has risen about $80,000. Im sure your 'investments' help you sleep at night in your rented house.

I'm doing alright on my gold investments. You should have got some when it was cheap Wink LOL

In short I don't own anyone any money and I can sleep well at night Wink  And interest rates are set to increase very very quickly and that's good news for me Wink In actual fact all of those heroes who paid to much for their over priced property are paying my interest into my bank account from paying off their over priced home loans Wink LOL

And I bet you a lot of them can't even afford the interest repayments let alone the principle !! But why should I care anyway. If they are stupid enough to listen to people like you and your 2 bit financial advice then they deserve to get ripped off Wink LOL

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:33am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:28am:
talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

I'm doing alright on my gold investments. You should have got some when it was cheap Wink LOL

In short I don't own anyone any money and I can sleep well at night Wink  And interest rates are set to increase very very quickly and that's good news for me Wink In actual fact all of those heroes who paid to much for their over priced property are paying my interest into my bank account from paying off their over priced home loans Wink LOL

And I bet you a lot of them can't even afford the interest repayments let alone the principle !! But why should I care anyway. If they are stupid enough to listen to people like you and your 2 bit financial advice then they deserve to get ripped off Wink LOL

Thats interesting because in 7 years I made a 458.33% capital gain on the sale of my first house.

Somehow I dont think you have made that in the last 7 years with your interest earnings.

The even funnier thing is you are only returning 2.5% on your interest, because inflation is 3%.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #73 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:35am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:01am:

No nails, not a comment on technology....just on QUALITY...

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:40am

Verge wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:33am:
Thats interesting because in 7 years I made a 458.33% capital gain on the sale of my first house.

Somehow I dont think you have made that in the last 7 years with your interest earnings.

The even funnier thing is you are only returning 2.5% on your interest, because inflation is 3%.

Do I give a shite !! My old man bought his home for 5000 pounds in the 50's and now it is worth 2 million or roughly 20,000% increase !! A house is only worth what the bigger fool is willing to pay for it and there are no shortage of fools in this country.

More than likely if he sold it then some idiot would have to borrow most of it from the bank just to pay for it and send the country into yet more debt !!

Who is actually really gaining from a net 800 billion national debt and how does it get paid off from a property speculation bubble ??

It seems that the road to wealth in this country is all about sending the country into more and more debt by fueling bubbles and letting someone else worry about paying it back which is NEVER !!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #75 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:51am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:28am:

In short I don't own anyone any money and I can sleep well at night Wink  And interest rates are set to increase very very quickly and that's good news for me Wink In actual fact all of those heroes who paid to much for their over priced property are paying my interest into my bank account from paying off their over priced home loans Wink LOL

Thats interesting because in 7 years I made a 458.33% capital gain on the sale of my first house.Somehow I dont think you have made that in the last 7 years with your interest earnings.

Out of interest (pun intended), assuming you are still a home owner (outright or mortgage), how much increase in your home in the last 7 years & what would happen if/when OZ goes the same way as the USA & Europe and housing starts to decline, not increase, say over the next 7 years?

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:55am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:40am:

Do I give a shite !! My old man bought his home for 5000 pounds in the 50's and now it is worth 2 million or roughly 20,000% increase !! A house is only worth what the bigger fool is willing to pay for it and there are no shortage of fools in this country.

More than likely if he sold it then some idiot would have to borrow most of it from the bank just to pay for it and send the country into yet more debt !!

Who is actually really gaining from a net 800 billion national debt and how does it get paid off from a property speculation bubble ??

It seems that the road to wealth in this country is all about sending the country into more and more debt by fueling bubbles and letting someone else worry about paying it back which is NEVER !!

Thankyou for your wonderful rant, but it still doesnt answer comments that real estate is a better investment than cash.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:21pm

Verge wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:55am:
Thankyou for your wonderful rant, but it still doesnt answer comments that real estate is a better investment than cash.

In case you hadn't noticed this thread is about the ripoff price of petrol. Nobody gives a shite about your house so why don't you have a toss off session with badweekend because he was the one who always likes to derail threads with irrelevant drivel when he can't win an argument which is more often than not.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #78 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:24pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:21pm:

In case you hadn't noticed this thread is about the ripoff price of petrol. Nobody gives a shite about your house so why don't you have a toss off session with badweekend because he was the one who always likes to derail threads with irrelevant drivel when he can't win an argument which is more often than not.

Yes, its interesting isn't it?, verge is the biggest whinger on here about OFF TOPIC comment, yet he does it in most of his posts.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:24pm

perceptions_now wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:51am:
Out of interest (pun intended), assuming you are still a home owner (outright or mortgage), how much increase in your home in the last 7 years & what would happen if/when OZ goes the same way as the USA & Europe and housing starts to decline, not increase, say over the next 7 years?

Of course property can never crash in Australia because we are the economic envy of the world and we can defy the boom and bust cycles of the free market system. We are so good here we don't have to manufacture or add value to anything. All we have to do is dig up and sell raw unprocessed minerals to the rest of the world and sell over priced property to each other in a ponzy scheme !!
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:39pm by Sir lastnail »  

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:27pm

You were the one who decided to rant about property being crap and cash is king, I was merely disagreeing with your post.

As for the rip off price of petrol, while we are ligned with Singapore and have such a high taxes imposed on it, I dont see it going anywhere anytime soon.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:38pm

Verge wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 12:27pm:

You were the one who decided to rant about property being crap and cash is king, I was merely disagreeing with your post.

As for the rip off price of petrol, while we are ligned with Singapore and have such a high taxes imposed on it, I dont see it going anywhere anytime soon.

No I wasn't. I never said that at all. Where did I actually say that ??

Please don't misquote other people.

Anyway it was badweekend who derailed the thread as usual.

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #82 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:29pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:53pm:

Many cases on Today Tonight of contamination and they weasel their way out of it so don't be so naive.  

Argh Today Tonight, the last bastion of the neo intelligent.

Don't give up, it's not that hard to prove.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #83 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:35pm

Doing quite well?  What are you getting, 6 to 6.5% maybe 7, take away fees and taxes and you have fa left.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:43pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:29pm:

So it never ever happens eh ?? What happened to the weights and measures dudes ??

I know someone it happened to and they didn't have a leg to stand on. Left with a $5000 bill for a replacement engine Sad

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #85 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:46pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:43pm:

So it never ever happens eh ?? What happened to the weights and measures dudes ??

I know someone it happened to and they didn't have a leg to stand on. Left with a $5000 bill for a replacement engine Sad

I know a bloke who was able to prove that he only ever obtained fuel from BP and the fuel was contaminated, BP settled the bill which was many multiples of your mates, and settled more. 

Fuel companies are not unbeatable, when they are wrong they're wrong and it isn't that hard to get them to cough up.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #86 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:47pm

As for the weights and measures 'dudes' they haven't been around for +/- 20 years.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:47pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:35pm:

Doing quite well?  What are you getting, 6 to 6.5% maybe 7, take away fees and taxes and you have fa left.

Oh really Wink LOL

Put it this way after 10 years of contributing to a super fund I was left with less money than I put into to the ratshite thing. Had I left the money in an ING bank savings account I would have had something to show for it Sad

But that's what the overpaid wordsmiths with suits and ties make us do and then charge us fees for the privilege Sad

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:49pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:46pm:
I know a bloke who was able to prove that he only ever obtained fuel from BP and the fuel was contaminated, BP settled the bill which was many multiples of your mates, and settled more. 

Fuel companies are not unbeatable, when they are wrong they're wrong and it isn't that hard to get them to cough up.

That's the exception to rule. Start looking for a good lawyer and make sure you have deep pockets Sad

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:50pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:47pm:
As for the weights and measures 'dudes' they haven't been around for +/- 20 years.

Yeh but what happened to them ?

Why doesn't the public get quality control for the ripoff price we pay at the fool bowser ?

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #90 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:50pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:47pm:
qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:35pm:

Doing quite well?  What are you getting, 6 to 6.5% maybe 7, take away fees and taxes and you have fa left.

Oh really Wink LOL

Put it this way after 10 years of contributing to a super fund I was left with less money than I put into to the ratshite thing. Had I left the money in an ING bank savings account I would have had something to show for it Sad

But that's what the overpaid wordsmiths with suits and ties make us do and then charge us fees for the privilege Sad

Yes really.  It's an inescapable truth.  The problem with your ING account, at 3% inflation which is the long term average in Australia, over 10 years your money would be worth +/- 30% less than it was at time of deposit.

Would I be correct in suggesting you were in an Industry Super fund with a Balanced Asset Allocation?

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #91 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:49pm:
qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:46pm:

That's the exception to rule. Start looking for a good lawyer and make sure you have deep pockets Sad

Not really, but it's pointless debating that with you.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #92 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm

The weights and measures dudes stopped working in 1998, when petrol and diesel pricing was deregulated.....

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:00pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm:

The weights and measures dudes stopped working in 1998, when petrol and diesel pricing was deregulated.....

So what  !! There are no checks and balances and we could all be screwed on incorrect meter readings and wouldn't know it !!

Another tick for electric vehicles Wink

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:07pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:50pm:
Yes really.  It's an inescapable truth.  The problem with your ING account, at 3% inflation which is the long term average in Australia, over 10 years your money would be worth +/- 30% less than it was at time of deposit.

Would I be correct in suggesting you were in an Industry Super fund with a Balanced Asset Allocation?

True but the point is I was screwed by so called financial experts and I know of many horror stories much much worse than mine Sad There is no risk management with those super funds. They leave your money completely exposed to adverse market conditions and by the time you pull it out which takes at least a week you have already done your doe Sad Complete garbage and scam setup, endorsed by the Government and ATO Sad

I would have made more money had I left it in the bank without even trying, that's how bad the "suuuuper of the fuuuuuture" is Sad

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:50am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:00pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm:

So what  !! There are no checks and balances and we could all be screwed on incorrect meter readings and wouldn't know it !!

Another tick for electric vehicles Wink

and you think your electricty meter is infallible??? I had my house rewired and a new 3phase electronic meter put in. even after ADDING  a spa (a heavy electricty user) my electricty bill HALVED.  so much for the old meter's accuracy.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 10:13am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:50am:
and you think your electricty meter is infallible??? I had my house rewired and a new 3phase electronic meter put in. even after ADDING  a spa (a heavy electricty user) my electricty bill HALVED.  so much for the old meter's accuracy.

I never said that you nitwit !

Even if the meter is dud if you feed power back into the grid you are going to get the same dud reading both ways so it cancels each other out.

And what are you going to do in your spa ?? Have a good flog Wink LOL

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #97 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:32pm

BOYCOTT OIL!

"WE ALL HAVE THE POWER TO DEMAND AN END TO THE THREAT OF _____________________ !!! " (FILL IN THE BLANKS!)

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print