Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 ! (Read 7967 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 !
Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:20am

Yesterday petrol was 131.9 !!

Does that make any sense to anyone ?

The dollar moves up and so does petrol !!

There are no bargains to be had from those tight fisted pricks Sad

Bring on the electric cars Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 !
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:30am

Anyone else notice that olive oil is on special, for the first time since our dollar last approached parity? Good timing too, I was about to run out.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:38am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:20am:

The excuse will be that we get our oil from SE Asia. I wonder what would make petrol cheaper in this country? nothing apparently.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:42am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:38am:

The excuse will be that we get our oil from SE Asia. I wonder what would make petrol cheaper in this country? nothing apparently.

They will have a dozen lame excuses to justify robbing people Sad

Owning an electric car will make it so cheap as to make it worthless Wink LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:43am

freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:30am:
Anyone else notice that olive oil is on special, for the first time since our dollar last approached parity? Good timing too, I was about to run out.

We get our Olive oil from local farm near the river good stuff to

just out of Cobram on the Victorian side

Cheesy

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:46am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:38am:

My wife went south to Benalla yesterday and payed a dollar 16L

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:49am

Yes that's right nail, the government want people to be chained to the petrol pump.  It is far to expensive, and something must be done about it.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:53am

I always thought petrol price was to do with the price per barrel rather than the aussie dollar..good job it doesnt have anything to do with the price of gold.poor old rusty thinks the price of electricity will be cheaper..I have no idea where he gets that idea from.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:01am

codswal wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:53am:
I always thought petrol price was to do with the price per barrel rather than the aussie dollar..good job it doesnt have anything to do with the price of gold.poor old rusty thinks the price of electricity will be cheaper..I have no idea where he gets that idea from.

Still cheaper to run an electric car even when electricity is expensive and you have the option of creating your own energy from your own home to offset your usage, which is an option you never get with fossil fools.

I don't know how many times I have spelt this out to you codsballs. Is there something wrong with your ability to comprehend simple concepts ?

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:14am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:01am:

Still cheaper to run an electric car even when electricity is expensive and you have the option of creating your own energy from your own home to offset your usage, which is an option you never get with fossil fools.

I don't know how many times I have spelt this out to you codsballs. Is there something wrong with your ability to comprehend simple concepts ?

no rusty my comprehension is fine its just that I dont believe for one moment the power will ever be cheaper.. if you think the the Power Companies are going to be happy with everyone paying less and less for their product then you have greater faith than I do..you can see into the future and I cant, I just go on past experiance.. and that is...nothing is cheap/er nothing is free..and if you think wind power and green power is going to be.. well I hope your right.. because most of the people that are running the place today will be the same people running it tomorrow.. and all they are interested in is money..

can you name one bill that is cheaper today than it was say 25 years ago??..my phone alone costs something like $70 a month just for having a landline and thats without using it.water we pay hundreds per year without turning a tap on, thats how they get you.because we dont see it coming untill after we are in too deep to get out.

but of course you can live in a world that believes in the tooth fairy..

I just believe in reality

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:33am

codswal wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:14am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:01am:

no rusty my comprehension is fine its just that I dont believe for one moment the power will ever be cheaper.. if you think the the Power Companies are going to be happy with everyone paying less and less for their product then you have greater faith than I do..you can see into the future and I cant, I just go on past experiance.. and that is...nothing is cheap/er nothing is free..and if you think wind power and green power is going to be.. well I hope your right.. because most of the people that are running the place today will be the same people running it tomorrow.. and all they are interested in is money..

can you name one bill that is cheaper today than it was say 25 years ago??..my phone alone costs something like $70 a month just for having a landline and thats without using it.water we pay hundreds per year without turning a tap on, thats how they get you.because we dont see it coming untill after we are in too deep to get out.

but of course you can live in a world that believes in the tooth fairy..

I just believe in reality

The conservation of energy principles has nothing to with tooth fairies. Why are you so thick ?

It doesn't matter what price power is because you can offset your own power usage with your own solar PV array. There is nothing they can do about it. If you produce as much energy as you use, they can't charge you for any energy !! They might rip you off for connection fees but they can't rip you off on energy consumption which is the KEY point in using electric cars.

Why do you have such a difficult time understanding the principles of energy consumption and production.

And look who is the one who is whinging about a good idea of using an
electric car to stop getting fleeced at the fool bowser.

IP Logged

bridonta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:43am

it's greedy out of control

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:23pm

usual toe-nail rant... nothing new. he just wants what he cant have - EVs. pretty hard to buy a product that pretty much doesnt exist. the MiEV comes on in 2011 - maybe. the Nissan Leaf comes out in 2012. the Tesla is a great car - and very expensive.

so it is a bit like complaining about the cost of fuel in jetpacks. neitehr actually exist in the marketplace.

oh and toe-nail. I actually intend to get a Tesla perhaps in 2012/13. what ev are YOU buying or will you be still complaining even then about EVs and house prices and owning neither?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:27pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:23pm:
usual toe-nail rant... nothing new. he just wants what he cant have - EVs. pretty hard to buy a product that pretty much doesnt exist. the MiEV comes on in 2011 - maybe. the Nissan Leaf comes out in 2012. the Tesla is a great car - and very expensive.

so it is a bit like complaining about the cost of fuel in jetpacks. neitehr actually exist in the marketplace.

oh and toe-nail. I actually intend to get a Tesla perhaps in 2012/13. what ev are YOU buying or will you be still complaining even then about EVs and house prices and owning neither?

So what's so cheap about the price of petrol you f.ing idiot ??

So now you are going to get a Tesla when you spent the best part of 4000 posts on Yahoo politics bagging it and the price of it.

Get lost badweekend you fraud.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:28pm

Longweekend.
Quote:
I actually intend to get a Tesla perhaps in 2012/13

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:
Mitty is a meek, mild man with a vivid fantasy life: in a few dozen paragraphs he imagines himself a wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer. The character's name has come into more general use to refer to an ineffectual dreamer, appearing in several dictionaries.[2] The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs
Although the story has humorous elements, there is a darker and more significant message underlying the text, leading to a more tragic interpretation of the Mitty character. Even in his heroic daydreams, Mitty does not triumph, several fantasies being interrupted before the final one sees Mitty dying bravely in front of a firing squad. In the brief snatches of reality that punctuate Mitty's fantasies we meet well-meaning but insensitive strangers who inadvertently rob Mitty of some of his remaining dignity.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print