Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Cancer is Purely Man Made (Read 6210 times)
it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Cancer is Purely Man Made
Oct 16th, 2010 at 5:04am

http://www.infowars.com/cancer-is-purely-man-made-say-scientists-after-finding-almost-no-trace-of-disease-in-egyptian-mummies/

Cancer ‘is purely man-made’ say scientists after finding almost no trace of disease in Egyptian mummies

Fiona Macrae
Daily Mail
October 14, 2010
Cancer is a man-made disease fuelled by the excesses of modern life, a study of ancient remains has found.

Tumours were rare until recent times when pollution and poor diet became issues, the review of mummies, fossils and classical literature found.
A greater understanding of its origins could lead to treatments for the disease, which claims more than 150,000 lives a year in the UK.

Despite slivers of tissue from hundreds of Egyptian mummies being rehydrated, just one case of cancer has been confirmed. This is even though tumours should be better preserved by mummification than healthy tissues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1320507/Cancer-purely-man-say-scientists-finding-trace-disease-Egyptian-mummies.html

Dismissing the argument that the ancient Egyptians didn't live long enough to develop cancer, the researchers pointed out that other age-related disease such as hardening of the arteries and brittle bones died occur.

Fossil evidence of cancer is also sparse, with scientific literature providing a few dozen, mostly disputed, examples in animal fossil, the journal Nature Reviews Cancer reports.

Even the study of thousands of Neanderthal bones has provided only one example of a possible cancer.

Caricaturist James Gillray illustrated the taking of snuff, which appears in first reports in scientific literature of distinctive tumours of nasal cancer in snuff users in 1761
Evidence of cancer in ancient Egyptian texts is also 'tenuous' with cancer-like problems more likely to have been caused by leprosy or even varicose veins.
The ancient Greeks were probably the first to define cancer as a specific disease and to distinguish between benign and malignant tumours.
But Manchester professors said it was unclear if this signalled a real rise in the disease, or just a greater medical knowledge.
The 17th century provides the first descriptions of operations for breast and other cancers.
And the first reports in scientific literature of distinctive tumours only occurred in the past 200 years or so, including scrotal cancer in chimney sweeps in 1775 and nasal cancer in snuff users in 1761.
Professor David, who presented the findings to Professor Mike Richards, the UK's cancer tsar and other oncologists at a conference earlier this year, said: 'In industrialised societies, cancer is second only to cardiovascular disease as a cause of death. But in ancient times, it was extremely rare.
'There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle.
'The important thing about our study is that it gives a historical perspective to this disease. We can make very clear statements on the cancer rates in societies because we have a full overview. We have looked at millennia, not one hundred years, and have masses of data.
'Yet again extensive ancient Egyptian data, along with other data from across the millennia, has given modern society a clear message – cancer is man-made and something that we can and should address.
Dr Rachel Thompson, of World Cancer Research Fund, said: 'This research makes for very interesting reading.
'About one in three people in the UK will get cancer so it is fairly commonplace in the modern world.
Scientists now say a healthy diet, regular physical activity and maintaining a healthy weight can prevent about a third of the most common cancers so perhaps our ancestors’ lifestyle reduced their risk from cancer.'

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Cancer is Purely Man Made
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 5:58am

Quote:
Dismissing the argument that the ancient Egyptians didn't live long enough to develop cancer, the researchers pointed out that other age-related disease such as hardening of the arteries and brittle bones died occur.

Not exactly sound logic there. They are admitting that the egyptians didn't live long enough, but insisting that cancer should happen at a younger age just because those other diseases do.

The excess of modern life that causes most cancer is life itself.
« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:05am by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 7:05am

Not exactly sound logic there. They are admitting that the egyptians didn't live long enough, but insisting that cancer should happen at a younger age just because those other diseases do.

this point is a semantic lie.

many of these you know as egyptian 'gods' and 'goddesses' lived

for many hundreds of years using the manna and other ancient

esoteric knowledge rituals..do you deny this?

do not believe everything you read for it is the case

that when information is delivered 80% of the truth may be

delivered but again

at critical point of thinking the freemasonic fairygodmothers

twist the thought process and impose a  final distorted veiw.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 8:29am

Quote:
many of these you know as egyptian 'gods' and 'goddesses' lived

for many hundreds of years using the manna and other ancient

esoteric knowledge rituals..

Sorry, I thought you were trying to get a bit of scientific validity behind this story.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 8:48am

Up until fairly recently peoples life expectancy was much younger than it is now.
If you go back to Egyptian times people were lucky to see their 30th birthdays. We are more comfortable, have fairer working conditions,  much better health care and have  better diets and variety of foods then we ever have before so people are living much longer.
Smoking and alcohol related cancers are on the rise in less enlightened countries but in Australia those cancers are steadily falling as people smoke and drink less then they used to.
As for cancers in general...as we get older our bodies deteriorate and whereas we used to be long dead before these sorts of cancers had a chance show up, now thanks to modern science and our generally favourable lifestyles we are living to ripe old ages which is long enough for these cancers to catch up with us.
We now die of prostate cancer at 90yrs old instead of dying of smallpox or dysentery at 12 yrs old  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 9:01am

[quote author=it_is_the_light link=1287169442/0#2 date=1287176734]

do not believe everything you read for it is the case

that when information is delivered 80% of the truth may be

delivered but again

at critical point of thinking the freemasonic fairygodmothers

twist the thought process and impose a  final distorted veiw.[/quote]

Its a shame that you didn't take your own advice when you read the article in the opening post.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:20am

Good post Adelcrow and so true except one point.
Only one Egyptian, Ramses II, lived to a very old age - 130 years.
Which is why that, although a coward in the face of battle, he turned Egypt into a powerful propaganda nation with his 'artistic' endeavours of Monuments, Structures, etc that he lived long enough to see complete - his old age only confirmed his 'godlike' immortality to the common peoples. Typical Ranga! Roll Eyes Grin (found adrift  on the Nile as a bubby long before Moses)

What Mr Light suggests in regards to the position of a Pharoah is godswallop giggly-goggly. Most were inbreeds, hence the shape of some of the Crowns (Ramses was a Ranga from somewhere else?). Most Pharoahs lived no longer than the common lifespan. Even the Black Pharoahs from Nubia didn't live much longer than the norm.

Cancers are a product of our 'extended' lifespan and although some bits, like Prostate Glands, can't keep up the pace and thus self-destruct with Cancer ....a fair whack of Cancer is also due to Processed Foods, and Environmental Pollution. A person in the city who goes 'jogging' every morning will have (via surgical autopsy) 'sooty' lungs just as bad as a heavy smokers.
I noticed the difference when I breathed in the good stuff driving along  the road leading to Mt Taranaki-Egmont, where giant hedges upon either side pumped out the freshest of airs I've ever experienced (and I've been around the Himalaya too) - then you return to Sydney at it just smells/tastes like filth! Take into account that I regularly breath in 32% O2 when diving too. There is a difference of quality.

There are many roads that lead to Cancer ...and as you look out from the mountains, you can see the 'Cancer' sprawling across the Sydney Basin, which 'could have been' an area that would have bettered the Nile Delta in regards to Farming to Aqua-Farming output ...now its just another Asian breeding pen.

Nipponese have the highest rate of Bowel or Stomach Cancers in the world ...possibly due to the way their language is structured: they talk Nipponese as if they are 'constipated'. Grin Grin

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:00pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:20am:
Good post Adelcrow and so true except one point.
Only one Egyptian, Ramses II, lived to a very old age - 130 years.
Which is why that, although a coward in the face of battle, he turned Egypt into a powerful propaganda nation with his 'artistic' endeavours of Monuments, Structures, etc that he lived long enough to see complete - his old age only confirmed his 'godlike' immortality to the common peoples. Typical Ranga! Roll Eyes Grin (found adrift  on the Nile as a bubby long before Moses)

What Mr Light suggests in regards to the position of a Pharoah is godswallop giggly-goggly. Most were inbreeds, hence the shape of some of the Crowns (Ramses was a Ranga from somewhere else?). Most Pharoahs lived no longer than the common lifespan. Even the Black Pharoahs from Nubia didn't live much longer than the norm.

Cancers are a product of our 'extended' lifespan and although some bits, like Prostate Glands, can't keep up the pace and thus self-destruct with Cancer ....a fair whack of Cancer is also due to Processed Foods, and Environmental Pollution. A person in the city who goes 'jogging' every morning will have (via surgical autopsy) 'sooty' lungs just as bad as a heavy smokers.
I noticed the difference when I breathed in the good stuff driving along  the road leading to Mt Taranaki-Egmont, where giant hedges upon either side pumped out the freshest of airs I've ever experienced (and I've been around the Himalaya too) - then you return to Sydney at it just smells/tastes like filth! Take into account that I regularly breath in 32% O2 when diving too. There is a difference of quality.

There are many roads that lead to Cancer ...and as you look out from the mountains, you can see the 'Cancer' sprawling across the Sydney Basin, which 'could have been' an area that would have bettered the Nile Delta in regards to Farming to Aqua-Farming output ...now its just another Asian breeding pen.

Nipponese have the highest rate of Bowel or Stomach Cancers in the world ...possibly due to the way their language is structured: they talk Nipponese as if they are 'constipated'. Grin Grin

so what would you rather have? die free of cancer as an egyptian at the rip old age of 28 or die of cancer at 90?

easy choice - except for the nutjob that started this thread.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:07pm

Did anyone really think that hundreds of years of polluting, combined with the decreasing quality of food, and increasing use of synthetic substances wouldn't affect us sooner or later?

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:13pm

... wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:07pm:
Did anyone really think that hundreds of years of polluting, combined with the decreasing quality of food, and increasing use of synthetic substances wouldn't affect us sooner or later?

just to repeat... The egyptians made it to an average of 28. only 100 years ago the average life expectacy for men was 67. now it is 87 or more.

our technology has its problems, but life expectancy is NOT one of them.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:15pm

Quote:
And the first reports in scientific literature of distinctive tumours only occurred in the past 200 years or so, including scrotal cancer in chimney sweeps in 1775 and nasal cancer in snuff users in 1761.

is the writer an idiot or something? an understanding of anatomy that could even idenityf tumours is so recent that this kind of comment is irrelvant and statistically invalid. Unless you can refer me to a 850AD report into the incidence of tumours or soemthing of that ilk??

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #11 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:20pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:13pm:

just to repeat... The egyptians made it to an average of 28. only 100 years ago the average life expectacy for men was 67. now it is 87 or more.

Seeveral million young men were killed early this century by war.  That's bound to reduce the average life expectancy substantially.  Add in the infant mortality rate of the day, and the current practise of keeping peopel alive for no reason, and you realise that overall, we're not living much longer at all.    One could also make the case that the quality of the extended life span is not too crash hot.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:49pm

It was only 50 years or so ago many people died of 'natural causes'.

Many older people we declared to have died of old age.  they would just get sick, then pass.

Now days no one dies of that.  Its only through technology and better practices that we are able to determine the causes of, then treatment of such things, thus expanding our life expectancy.

So I guess there is a few reasons for its increasing.  Population increases, diagnosis and I do think the foods/chemicals do play a part.

As for it being man made, highly unlikely.  A good friend had a tumour triggered by a bee sting.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:53pm

... wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:20pm:

Seeveral million young men were killed early this century by war.  That's bound to reduce the average life expectancy substantially.  Add in the infant mortality rate of the day, and the current practise of keeping peopel alive for no reason, and you realise that overall, we're not living much longer at all.    One could also make the case that the quality of the extended life span is not too crash hot.

A) there were twice as many killed in war in the SECOND half of the century as well.

B) infant mortality IS part of the life expectency equation. and even when you remove that from the calculation the result is stil the same that our life expectacny is vastly higher.

C) keeping people alive for no reason? I guess you mean no reason to YOU. did it ever occur to you that perhaps these people WANT to live??

D) the quality of extended life may not be as good as you might want it but it still exceeds the standard of life for the vast majority of people who have ever lived on this planet.

In other words, if you want to die young, go for it. the rest of us are actaulyl quite fond of LIVING and living to a great age.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #14 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:57pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:53pm:
... wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 4:20pm:

Seeveral million young men were killed early this century by war.  That's bound to reduce the average life expectancy substantially.  Add in the infant mortality rate of the day, and the current practise of keeping peopel alive for no reason, and you realise that overall, we're not living much longer at all.    One could also make the case that the quality of the extended life span is not too crash hot.

A) there were twice as many killed in war in the SECOND half of the century as well.

B) infant mortality IS part of the life expectency equation. and even when you remove that from the calculation the result is stil the same that our life expectacny is vastly higher.

C) keeping people alive for no reason? I guess you mean no reason to YOU. did it ever occur to you that perhaps these people WANT to live??

D) the quality of extended life may not be as good as you might want it but it still exceeds the standard of life for the vast majority of people who have ever lived on this planet.

In other words, if you want to die young, go for it. the rest of us are actaulyl quite fond of LIVING and living to a great age.

Don't take it personal longy, but it'd be the height of stupidity to think we can expose ourselves to all manner of unnatural substances and radiations and there not be any downside at all.  Whether you think that overall it's been worth it or not, surely you can't think that there is no downside?  Or can you....?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print