Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Does the OzPol clock match the time in your time zone?

« Created by: Equitist on: Oct 4th, 2010 at 11:16am »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Does daylight savings affect your life much? (Read 2599 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Does daylight savings affect your life much?
Reply #15 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 7:41pm

To answer the Thread Question.

Yes it did this morning.  I live in Queensland, and my iPhone 4, for weeks, has been set to go off at 6.00 am most mornings, including Mondays.  Never had a problem.  

Until...........

This morning, it went off at 4.00 am Queensland time......because some idiots everywhere 'affected my life much' today.

Apple included.

Cheesy

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #16 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 11:57pm

Dear Verge,
Think of all the 'morning people' who are ripped off some glorious sunlight for another long period of the year.
Daylight Savings is entirely bias towards 'Arvos' and that is 'wrong' and unfair.
My mate in Queensland is on the same 'coastline' as me down here in NSW  ...but now we are an hour out of whack!
Daylight Savings is really a 'whack-job'!

I think it is another attempt at trying to make a boring country (boring as in it is just a 3rd rate hand-me-down version of the USA & UK) seem more interesting.
Lets face it, the only interesting thing ever done in this country that is 'different & unique' was thanks to a Dutchman ...the Big Barnacle (Opera House).

More like Daylight Stupidity.

What really is the purpose of it??????? Roll Eyes Huh

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #17 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 12:19am

Aussie wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 7:41pm:
To answer the Thread Question.

Yes it did this morning.  I live in Queensland, and my iPhone 4, for weeks, has been set to go off at 6.00 am most mornings, including Mondays.  Never had a problem.  

Until...........

This morning, it went off at 4.00 am Queensland time......because some idiots everywhere 'affected my life much' today.

Apple included.

Cheesy

WHAT is worse than working on a Sunday?
Turning up to work an hour early on a Sunday.
A Mooloolaba cleaner could not figure out why there were so many drunk party-goers still on the Mooloolaba Esplanade party strip early yesterday.
Usually when he turns up to work at 4am, they have mostly dispersed and headed home for the night.
He soon learned it was 3am and his iPhone had tricked him.
He was not alone.

Cont ...

http://www.news-mail.com.au/story/2010/10/04/iphone-cheats-owners-sleep/

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #18 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 5:39am

Amadd wrote on Oct 4th, 2010 at 12:07pm:
Business hours will be another hour out of whack, but who cares about WA and QLD?
They are nations unto themselves who almost got the libs in power through their sheer greed of not wanting to share mining profits with the rest of the Australia.

Not wanting to share?

How about sick of southerners (SEQ included) taking what is not rightfully theirs.

The only annoyance about DLS is the constant whining noise coming from SEQ every summer.
  Angry
Other than that, we in the north don't give a rat's rectum what you people do, our money is made overseas in exports.

Oddly enough we manage to do business with foreign countries in different time zones just fine.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #19 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 5:44am

this is simply another inane attempt of man

trying as he may to manipulate time..the whole arguement is

a hoodwink and never ending story as the same ole principle

is again applied by the satanic death cult called freemasonry

divide bind and rule.

have you not heard you can never please all people at the same

time?

and so it is these politicians and corporate media roll out the

same ole arguement

and so it is

i ascend from that paradigm

with grace

namaste

-:)

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #20 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 7:31am

I voted against daylight savings as did most West Australians.....In the hot summer many business start earlier to avoid the heat.....we do not need to set a clock to understand the obvious......When we had daylight savings the sun did not go down until 9.00pm....try putting your kids to bed when it is still daylight outside and still stinking hot.....bugger daylight savings!!!

Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 7:49am

I hope we never get daylight saving in Qld, although I suppose it's inevitable that we will sooner or later.

It gets stinking hot, and I can't wait for the sun to set. I sure don't want to wait another hour.

Leave daylight saving for cold climates like Europe. We don't need it in such a temperate climate because we have enough sun.

We have a really, really high rate of skin cancer as it is, the kids don't need to get up in the dark and stay out longer in the sun at the end of the day.

We had a trial in Qld years ago, it was a no goer. For those southerners that want it here, go back south or get your lazy butt out of bed an hour earlier.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Jaykaye_09
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 8:30pm

I HATE that WA doesn't have DLS.

Not least of all because yesterday, I was unable to contact someone in Melbourne due to the time difference. I left a message. They called back at 9AM EST . . . that's 6AM WST.

I'm a student.

That poo's not cool.

If I don't respond to a post directed toward me, it's probably because I've gone offline, not because I'm rude.&&&&Or maybe I don't like you. In which case, sod off. Ta.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print