Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Public servants and their flash Commonwealth cars (Read 5088 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Public servants and their flash Commonwealth cars
Sep 30th, 2010 at 4:31pm

Whats with these all of these cars I keep seeing around with Commonwealth or State number plates.

Most of these cars are usually very expensive imported European models such as

BMW 323,
BMW X5 SUV,
BMW 118
BMW 7 series

Mercedes AMG C63 (worth 200K isn't it ??)

Audi TT,
Audi A4 etc

and many more I can't remember !

What on earth is going on here ? Why is the tax payer funding these exotic cars for these useless public servants ?

Isn't a Toyota Corolla or Camry good enough for them ?

What about the so called green credentials of the Government which means they should be promoting hybrids such as the Prius or Camry Hybrid made here ?

But what's with the expensive imported European cars doled out to public servants ?

Then there is the other issue of seeing these cars being driven around with P or L plates with mummy or daddy siting in the passenger seat.

This must be noddy land !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Public servants and their flash Commonwealth cars
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 4:44pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 at 4:31pm:
Whats with these all of these cars I keep seeing around with Commonwealth or State number plates.

Most of these cars are usually very expensive imported European models such as

BMW 323,
BMW X5 SUV,
BMW 118
BMW 7 series

Mercedes AMG C63 (worth 200K isn't it ??)

Audi TT,
Audi A4 etc

and many more I can't remember !

What on earth is going on here ? Why is the tax payer funding these exotic cars for these useless public servants ?

Isn't a Toyota Corolla or Camry good enough for them ?

What about the so called green credentials of the Government which means they should be promoting hybrids such as the Prius or Camry Hybrid made here ?

But what's with the expensive imported European cars doled out to public servants ?

Then there is the other issue of seeing these cars being driven around with P or L plates with mummy or daddy siting in the passenger seat.

This must be noddy land !!

Ive never seen any of those cars with govt plates. I very much doubt you saw and audi TT or and AMG with govt plates.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 5:00pm

The NSW state fleet has no imported "Luxury" passenger cars in it (the most upmarket imported car available is a VW Passat). No Beemers, no Mercs.
I'd be very surprised if the federal fleet does.

While some public servants on contract get a car lease allowance as part of their package, they don't get to use govt or commonwealth plates.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2010 at 6:59pm by Life_goes_on »  

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 5:04pm

he might be confusing govt cars with cars owned by givt employees... or he is just having another hissy fit!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 5:11pm

Well I'm a Commonwealth Public Servant and have a comm car. I get a new one every 3 to 4 years and was on my second car prior to going on extended leave. Both have been ford sedans. One was white and the second was red. When I was first promoted and told I would have a car as a part of that, I was on my P plates... I was a late starter in the world of driving. Got my licence when I was 31 or there abouts. So I had to use P plates. The best part of this perk is the free petrol... ooh.. and not having to worry about servicing or cleaning the car... the office goffer did that.

Generally though we are moving to smaller cars, except for people like me who do the long hauls.

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

HigherBeam

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 6:53pm

If they run a private corporation do we complain that the CEO's drive BMW's so why are we complaining when our public servants who are handling the same amount of money,why do we complain that they have perks.If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

The truth will become known eventually and where trolling is a art form.&& && &&

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:04pm

Just wondering, have any of you ever seen a black statesman (he thinks)  with a numberplate with only a crown on it?

No letters, no numbers.

A friend of mine drove past one a week or so ago, I was thinking GG?

Yes/no?

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:14pm

Yes, the GG gets around in a black statesman with a crown numberplate.

Num num num num.

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:18pm

Life_goes_on wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:14pm:
Yes, the GG gets around in a black statesman with a crown numberplate.

It was on the M2, heading into the city (Sydney) though according to my friend, it only had a chauffeur in it. He was alone...he may have even been a mechanic taking it for a test drive for all we know...lol.

Thanks, I thought as much...this and even tried googling it, though to no avail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Australia

Smiley

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:53pm

There's more than just the one GG car. Probably a couple in both Sydney and Canberra on perm GG duty and sets of plates travel around for attachment to similar govt fleet cars interstate.

Num num num num.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #10 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:58pm

Quote:
It was on the M2, heading into the city (Sydney) though according to my friend, it only had a chauffeur in it. He was alone...he may have even been a mechanic taking it for a test drive for all we know...lol.

Bugger, you caught me out, mellie.  That was me, and I was on a private excursion.

Cheesy

IP Logged

HigherBeam

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 8:12pm

Aussie wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 at 7:58pm:
Quote:

Bugger, you caught me out, mellie.  That was me, and I was on a private excursion.

Cheesy

Going to the Cross?

The truth will become known eventually and where trolling is a art form.&& && &&

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 8:19pm

Quote:
Going to the Cross?

How the bugger did you know?

Please, I beg you...........................don't tell mellie, okay?  This is just between you and me, okay?

Cheesy

IP Logged

HigherBeam

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 8:27pm

Sorry Mellie is already there,playing with his marbles that he lost last time he was there. Cheesy

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 11:15pm

Life_goes_on wrote on Sep 30th, 2010 at 5:00pm:
The NSW state fleet has no imported "Luxury" passenger cars in it (the most upmarket imported car available is a VW Passat). No Beemers, no Mercs.
I'd be very surprised if the federal fleet does.

While some public servants on contract get a car lease allowance as part of their package, they don't get to use govt or commonwealth plates.

You're right I found out what they are. Had me going for a while because I thought they were some new type of commonwealth plates. Apparently they are European style number plates for yuppy wankers like longweekend.

http://www.youngandgrumpy.com/2009/12/european-melbourne-vic-roads-euro.html

Quote:
Victorian Licence Plates - Vic Roads Euro Number Plates - No, This isnt Paris

I'm not such a fan of personalised number plates. Actually, i think they are usually bought by tosspots who for some reason think the world ought to know their stupid nickname. Frankly i don't give a damn if your name is macca, macka, mcka, or maacka. Just stay out of my way.

But the increasing Melbourne pretentiousness just got a little bit worse. The latest craze is to purchase European style number plates - dubbed "Euro Plates" by Vic Roads. I'm not blaming Vic Roads - they are just trying to make some money. And if there are suckers around, why not.

So how much are these Euro plates? $495 for a standard, non personalised number plate set. That's just the next number on issue, just like regular plates. To personalise the plate, add on another $200.

That's $695 for a set of bloody number plates. Talk about too much disposable income. And they said that there was a financial crisis.

Here's the spiel from Vic Roads. And in case you are wondering, Melbourne is not in Europe. Ive been to Europe plenty of times. But as much as i like Melbourne, it ain't no Paris.

Bonjour, ciao or hola amigo. We hope we’re speaking your language (or, at least that of your car).

Short of prying the plates off cars parked along the Champs-Élysées (and we certainly wouldn't condone that), Euro Plates are a small piece of Europe everyone can enjoy, whether you're from Paris, Prague or Pascoe Vale. And best of all, they won't require any translation.

Each plate is painstakingly hammered out to look identical to those found throughout the European Union. This means they fit beautifully into the larger number plate areas found on European cars. Your car's designer can also sleep easier, cosily tucked in at home, knowing their original vision of your car is being realised.

Yes folks. Pascoe Vale.

So does this mean that the Euro Plates can only be used on European cars? And if so, whats with the "Hola Amigo"? Forgive my ignorance, but what was the last car to be imported into Australia from Spain? Huh? Perhaps it was a SEAT - and didnt they take off?

Guten Tag, Vic Roads. Or is it still a case of not mentioning the war? Which is kind of funny given that the company who actually makes the Victorian number plates just happens to be German.

Who would have thought that some of the money people pay for their Euro Plates actually makes its way back to Europe? Makes sense i guess.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print