Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
Consan. (Read 41513 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Consan.
Reply #90 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 10:24pm

And that's nothing different to what I've said either. Such a procedure, a small incision in the clitoral hood, which does not damage the girl's body is permissible in Islam.

Nowhere did he promote or encourage it as you earlier claimed.

Felt easier about attributing fabrications to him in his absence?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #91 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 11:01pm

Unlike Christianity, Islam encourages sex with ones wife/husband and even to the extent of it being something that one receives blessings from God for.

- some ignorant id called Malik

Pure, unadulterated, bovine faecal matter!

Christianity DOES promote and encourage sex with one's wife and husband. This is BIBLE based.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #92 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 11:16pm

And that's nothing different to what I've said either. Such a procedure, a small incision in the clitoral hood, which does not damage the girl's body is permissible in Islam.

- Abu

As a woman I would like to say that the above act is utterly disgusting and vile.

And your words : does not damage the girl's body is a lie!

The clitoral hood is a small and sexually sensitive area within the self cleansing vaginal region .. and enables a woman to enjoy sex and want more of it.

It's essential for a woman to enjoy sensational oral and vaginal sex and to climax to incredible heights of pleasure.

And as far as I am concerned .. there is NOTHING more pleasurable and satisfying than climaxing hard and loud in the arms of your soul mate! It's a beautiful satisfying and sensual journey which you both travel together .. thanks to what?? The clitoris which GOD has made perfectly well and has no need for any person to tamper with in any way!

It's an abominable disgrace and an insult when we finite minded human beings have the audacity to tell God our creator that HE GOT IT WRONG .. that we need to finish and perfect what God has created by cutting ourselves here and there.

The Holy Bible says and I quote:

Psalm 139:14 We are fearfully and wonderfully made.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #93 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 11:31pm

And Abu .. how many times have I told you to get your act together and stop posting incessant rubbish of the highest order?

I'm tired of reprimanding and correcting you at every turn. Who do you think I am .. your wife???

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #94 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:50am

Quote:
The clitoral hood is a small and sexually sensitive area within the self cleansing vaginal region .. and enables a woman to enjoy sex and want more of it.

It's essential for a woman to enjoy sensational oral and vaginal sex and to climax to incredible heights of pleasure.

So why are women paying large sums of money to have it done? Claiming it heightens sexual pleasure?

http://www.care2.com/news/member/198234727/696554

If anyone is sprouting bovine faeces here it would appear to be toi.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #95 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 2:01pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:50am:
Quote:

So why are women paying large sums of money to have it done? Claiming it heightens sexual pleasure?

http://www.care2.com/news/member/198234727/696554

If anyone is sprouting bovine faeces here it would appear to be toi.

Oh for goodness sake Abu .. you've provided a link to some obscure message board.

And as if that's not enough .. the vague link in question had nothing positive to say about FGM either!

There is a difference btwn taking a cursory glance and having a thorough look at something Abu.

In this instance I strongly suggest you take a much closer look at the clitoris issue.

And I stand by my earlier comment in which I stated ..

It's an abominable disgrace and an insult when we finite minded human beings have the audacity to tell God our creator that HE GOT IT WRONG .. that we need to finish and perfect what God has created by cutting ourselves here and there.

The Holy Bible says and I quote:

Psalm 139:14 We are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Abu .. wish you'd behave. 

Lisa

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2010 at 2:09pm by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

Jibreel

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:30pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 2:02pm:
Quote:
So Annie, do you agree with Abu, or do you reject my reality and replace it with your own?

I think you're both playing with semantics on the courtship issue.

Quote:
Yet Islam supports both of these things and you speak out in support of Islam? Do you understand now why Abu is so reluctant to engage in 'open and frank' discussion on topics like slavery in Islam, rape within marriage, sex with slaves (who according to Abu are not sex slaves just because of the coincidence that they are slaves and you can have sex with them), etc.

Do you support every single aspect of democracy? You're condemning me for thinking critically about Islam and being able to point out the good as well as the bad. Whether you see it or not, Islam has a lot of beauty.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are many hadith that advocate the freeing of slaves and the religious rewards that doing so brings. Likewise with the Quran. One of the prophet's friends was an ex-slave called Bilal who was purchased and freed by the man who would later become the first caliph. If you're interested I can share the story here - it's beautiful.

Quote:
So tell me now Annie, what would you think of a law that specifically permits a man to marry a girl before she even reaches puberty, or a law that legalises rape within marriage? Could you bring yourself to ask Abu about these things, in an open and frank manner?

A woman has to consent to a marriage, FD. She can't be forced, but even if she could I've already made it clear that I think both forced marriages and rape in any form are wrong.

Incidentally, rape is punishable by death in Islam. As it should be. And yes, I could ask Abu about anything pertaining to Islam and I know he'd answer me with respect and sincerity because he knows I'm genuinely after information.

Quote:
After all, what is a right, other than a legally protected priviledge? Are you suggesting that because then men may marry and rape little girls, but it is officially 'frowned upon', they don't actually have the right to do it?

Islam doesn't protect the rights of rapists, FD.

Quote:
Do you think that all that is required to protect the rights of children is to give them legal recourse if their parents try to marry them off to a dirty old pedophile? Because that is the extent of the protection offered to young girls in a 'proper' Islamic society.

I think that if the girls parents were practicing Islam properly this wouldn't be an issue. A woman in Islam should be sexually and mentally mature before marriage is permitted.

Quote:
In order to make Islam seem attractive, he must replace genuine Aussie culture with the dregs of our society. A good demonstration is how he pretends that giving women freedom to choose for themselves means nothing more than western men taking advantage of that freedom.

And in order for you to make Islam and Muslims seem barbaric and backward, you must drag up and rehash the same points ad nauseam.

The Quran says that a woman is the equal of a man, that a husband must treat his wife with love and kindness. In one particularly strong hadith, Muhammad said "The best among you are those that are the best to their wives."

Old men marrying young girls isn't exclusive to Islam. There's nothing in our law stopping a 16yr old girl from marrying a 70yr old man. Is that disgusting and perverted? Yes. Do I like it? No. Will I shun democracy because it allows it to happen? Of course not.

You are wrong on so many issues. For starters, the hadith you misquoted actually says the women who complain of being beaten are not the best among you:

"Narrated Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab: Iyas ibn Abdullah ibn AbuDhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon_him) as saying: Do not beat Allah's handmaidens, but when Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them. Then many women came round the family of the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) complaining against their husbands. So the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Many women have gone round Muhammad's family complaining against their husbands. They are not the best among you." - Abu Dawud Book 11, Number 2141

And looking at the text of the Qur'an as a whole, there is no way that women are considered the equal of men.

"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is most high." - Qur'an 4:34

"Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise." - Qur'an 2:228

IP Logged

Jibreel

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:45pm

Then there's the polygamy laws in the Qur'an (Qur'an 4:3), women’s testimony being worth half that of a man's (Qur'an 2:282) and half the inheritance in comparison to a man (Qur'an 4:11). Clearly the Islamic definition of equality differs from what most understand it to mean. Is a disobedient husband allowed to be beaten by a pious wife? And BTW the "miswak' or 'light beating' defense is not from the Qur'an.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #98 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:57pm

Quote:
For starters, the hadith you misquoted actually says the women who complain of being beaten are not the best among you:

I suggest you check your facts before you post. The hadith I correctly quoted says:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The best among you are those who treat their wives in the best manner." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 217

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #99 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:59pm

Quote:
"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is most high." - Qur'an 4:34

That's quite a bad translation.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Jibreel

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 7:26pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:57pm:
Quote:
For starters, the hadith you misquoted actually says the women who complain of being beaten are not the best among you:

I suggest you check your facts before you post. The hadith I correctly quoted says:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The best among you are those who treat their wives in the best manner." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 217

My apologies, and correction accepted. However it still conflicts with the hadith I quoted.

Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 12th, 2010 at 6:59pm:
Quote:

That's quite a bad translation.

Even if we do accept those few words have been mistranslated, claiming men and women are equal in Islam has been shown to be false.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #101 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:33pm

It is absurd to suggest that men and women are equal under Islam. I cannot understand how someone with even a basic understanding of Sharia law could claim that.

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 11th, 2010 at 10:24pm:

Nor is it anything different to what I have said. I have acknowledged the distinction made by Islam. Once again you agree with me while claiming to contradict me.

Quote:
Nowhere did he promote or encourage it as you earlier claimed.

Yes he did. He explained the benefits of it.

Quote:
And BTW the "miswak' or 'light beating' defense is not from the Qur'an.

Can you explain this please Jibreel?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #102 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:34pm

Jibreel,

The Prophet (pbuh) said:  الناس مستوون كأسنان المشط

Just because one has authority over another does not mean they are not equal. There is equality and there is sameness, people are not all the same, but they are all equal in the broad sense of the term. Obviously one who has authority over another will enjoy different rights to them, but it doesn't mean they are more valuable or worthy to their creator, only their taqwa decides that.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #103 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 8:37pm

Quote:
Just because one has authority over another does not mean they are not equal.

Yes it does Abu.

Quote:
There is equality and there is sameness, people are not all the same, but they are all equal in the broad sense of the term.

How 'broadly' do you have to redefine equality to encompass the inequality of Islamic law?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #104 - Oct 12th, 2010 at 9:03pm

Quote:
Yes it does Abu.

So Australia is not a society based on equality?

I am not equal to politicians, police officers etc??

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print