z
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2010 at 1:27am by aikmann4 »  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Islamic Inbreeding
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 7:59pm

Your repetitive and dubious claims of eugenic superiority are just a joke imperium.

Being the dominant political/economic civilisation _at present_ in the world does not mean one has a monopoly on IQ in their genes.

If it were the case, then we'd have to say Western Europeans would be pretty stupid, because for most of the world's history, they've been nothing but barbaric cavemen.

It wasn't until the crusades that they were exposed to refined culture in the Middle East and were actually taught how to wash and behave in a civilised manner.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 8:10pm

z

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 8:23pm

aikmann4 wrote on Sep 29th, 2010 at 8:10pm:
Quote:
Your repetitive and dubious claims of eugenic superiority

What is 'eugenic superiority'? Please don't use words you don't even understand. When did I mention superiority once in that post?

Quote:
Being the dominant political/economic civilisation _at present_ in the world does not mean one has a monopoly on IQ in their genes.

What? This has nothing to do with this thread; please post on topic.

Quote:
It wasn't until the crusades that they were exposed to refined culture in the Middle East and were actually taught how to wash and behave in a civilised manner.

This is nonsense; an unfair characterization of Medieval Europe as well as an absurd overinflation of the value of the Islamic Golden Age (which was itself the product of the preservation of Greek and Roman literature).. at any rate, this still has nothing to do with the topic.
This is a significant problem in the Islamic world and should be properly looked into or addressed.

With any luck from significant height and at extreme temperature.

Politicians and Nappies need to be changed often and for the same reason.

One trouble with political jokes is that they often get elected.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 8:38pm

Quote:
which was itself the product of the preservation of Greek and Roman literature...

The Islamic golden age rested on the shoulders of giants, as no doubt all civilisation does. That's what civilisation is all about, the accumulated knowledge and experience of humanity. Islamic civilisation benefited from Greek and Roman advances, as well as Babylonian, Indian and Chinese ones as well. There's nothing wrong with that, all civilisations do, none start from scratch, and your delusion that Western civilisation does is just laughable. The Western civilisation of today is heavily influenced by Islamic civilisation, this is a simple fact, that can't be denied, no matter how much you'd like to try. The scientific method, chemistry, algebra etc. were all fundamental to providing Western civilisation with the foundations it needed to get to where it is today.

As an example, we have modern firearms. Gunpowder was invented by the the Chinese about 2 millenia ago, but was not really used very effectively for military purposes. The Islamic civilisation then took it and built all kinds of weapons, cannons, muskets etc. and pioneered the use of gunpowder for weaponry. The Western civilisation then further refined it to make very precise and powerful weapons that we still use today. None of these 3 civilisations could've done any of this without the other. None is more 'responsible' for modern firearms than the other. It was a collective effort of humanity which brought it about.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 8:47pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 29th, 2010 at 8:38pm:
Quote:
which was itself the product of the preservation of Greek and Roman literature...

The Islamic golden age rested on the shoulders of giants, as no doubt all civilisation does. That's what civilisation is all about, the accumulated knowledge and experience of humanity. Islamic civilisation benefited from Greek and Roman advances, as well as Babylonian, Indian and Chinese ones as well. There's nothing wrong with that, all civilisations do, none start from scratch, and your delusion that Western civilisation does is just laughable. The Western civilisation of today is heavily influenced by Islamic civilisation, this is a simple fact, that can't be denied, no matter how much you'd like to try. The scientific method, chemistry, algebra etc. were all fundamental to providing Western civilisation with the foundations it needed to get to where it is today.

As an example, we have modern firearms. Gunpowder was invented by the the Chinese about 2 millenia ago, but was not really used very effectively for military purposes.
The Islamic civilisation then took it and built all kinds of weapons, cannons, muskets etc. and pioneered the use of gunpowder for weaponry.
The Western civilisation then further refined it to make very precise and powerful weapons that we still use today. None of these 3 civilisations could've done any of this without the other. None is more 'responsible' for modern firearms than the other. It was a collective effort of humanity which brought it about.

Why does that not surprise me?

Politicians and Nappies need to be changed often and for the same reason.

One trouble with political jokes is that they often get elected.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 8:48pm

z

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 9:34pm

Quote:
It is to bring to attention the deleterious social effects of centuries of inbreeding depression on Muslims in the Islamic world. This is a serious problem that has consequences that manifest on a host of physical and intellectual traits and to pretend that it has had no consequences for Islamic/Middle Eastern cultures is to ignore a severe problem that could actually be remedied or ameliorated with appropriate attention. If you really cared about the health and well-being of the progenetors of your treasured theology you would sit up and listen

Muslims married first cousins prior to the ascent of their civilisation, during it's peak and during it's decline... I don't see anything that suggests it effected any of these three stages. Also when Western civilisation began to rise, it's rates of cousin marriage were much higher than today. Also in most Muslim countries, rates of cousin marriages are declining.

I don't deny it's not a great idea to continually marry cousins generation after generation, but the idea it leads to low IQ's and a poor society just sounds ridiculous.

Islam permits it, but encourages marrying further afield.

An interesting fact for you:

Japanese on average have higher IQ's than Americans, yet Japanese have 4 times more marriages between cousins (per capita). Surely if the nonsense you're peddling were correct, then we'd expect to see the opposite would we not?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 10:33pm

Abu, is there a culture of inbreeding in the middle east?

I would imagine that making your women folk wear tents could do funny things to intersex relations.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
consan
Reply #10 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 10:43pm

z
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2010 at 1:28am by aikmann4 »  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Consan.
Reply #11 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 12:09am

Quote:
Abu, is there a culture of inbreeding in the middle east?

Middle Easterners do have high rates of first cousin marriages.

Quote:
I would imagine that making your women folk wear tents could do funny things to intersex relations.

This is just a ridiculous comment fd, and you only embarrass yourself by posting such nonsense. Unless of course you'd like to travel down the road of claiming that women's attire is directly responsible for the way males treat them? Likewise then the inverse should be true? Uncovered meat?  Grin

Intersex relations have always been quite healthy in the Middle East, you don't need to "whore out" your women folk to have "healthy intersex relations", contrary to your warped opinions.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 12:42am

Middle Easterners do have high rates of first cousin marriages.

- Abu

1st cousin marriages?? Today??? Such a practice is primitive and tantamount to incest IMO.

Regards

Lisa
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2010 at 12:49am by Lisa Jones »  

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #13 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 12:48am

.. we'd have to say Western Europeans would be pretty stupid, because for most of the world's history, they've been nothing but barbaric cavemen.

It wasn't until the crusades that they were exposed to refined culture ...

- Abu

You obviously know nothing about my ancestors .. the Ancient Romans and the Ancient Greeks.

Look them up one day ..  you may be surprised at what you might learn.

Regards

Lisa

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #14 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 12:57am

The Islamic golden age rested on the shoulders of giants, as no doubt all civilisation does. That's what civilisation is all about, the accumulated knowledge and experience of humanity. Islamic civilisation benefited from Greek and Roman advances ..

- Abu

Oh .. seems you do know something about my ancient ancestors  after all.

But now we have another problem. You see .. you just said re Western Europe ..

for most of the world's history, they've been nothing but barbaric cavemen.

It wasn't until the crusades that they were exposed to refined culture ...

So which is it??

You can't have it both ways Abu??

Regards

Lisa

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print