Send Topic Print
Consan. (Read 41787 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Consan.
Reply #45 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 2:16pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Oct 5th, 2010 at 11:22am:
Abu .. what on earth are you going on about now???

I would so love to know what is the real agenda underpinning all this negative rubbish you keep posting about Oz culture.

I know exactly what's going on. Allow me to put it to you that Abu is trying to lower morale in the Australian Way whilst simultaneously waging a propaganda campaign for Militant Islam so that, once brainwashed, we follow Abu is his diabolical campaign to establish the Global Caliphate and take over as leader of the world.

Abu, do you have anything to say?

"Alright, I'll admit it! But I would have got away with it if it wasn't for those miserable kids!"

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #46 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 6:57pm

Foiled again by Karnal and his band of mystery van mates.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #47 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 6:59pm

Lisa,

Quote:
Abu .. what on earth are you going on about now???

I would so love to know what is the real agenda underpinning all this negative rubbish you keep posting about Oz culture.

No real agenda, just pointing out that Aussie culture is pretty nasty on women, and it's outright hypocritical to then speak about Islam, when Islam promotes nothing but respect and honour for women.

Collingwood players celebrating their grand final win anyone??

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 10:13pm

Quote:
Islam doesn't reject love and there is a form of courtship permitted - it's just different from what we consider to be normal here.

It is so different, our resident Muslim cannot even bring himself to describe it as courtship, even a 'different' kind of courtship. It is not 'different', it is just not there.

From Abu:

Quote:
As Islam does not even really fit into the Western model of relationships, there is no "courtship" so to speak.

Remember, this is from the same response that Abu started with the following comment:

Quote:
Have to concur with Annie on this fd, you are filled to the brim with nothing but A grade cow manure.

So Annie, do you agree with Abu, or do you reject my reality and replace it with your own?

Quote:
The marriage of young girls to old men (or anyone) is disgusting. So is slavery in all its forms.

Yet Islam supports both of these things and you speak out in support of Islam? Do you understand now why Abu is so reluctant to engage in 'open and frank' discussion on topics like slavery in Islam, rape within marriage, sex with slaves (who according to Abu are not sex slaves just because of the coincidence that they are slaves and you can have sex with them), etc.

Quote:
If a man rapes a woman or another man under any circumstances he should be chemically castrated. Child molestors should be executed.

So tell me now Annie, what would you think of a law that specifically permits a man to marry a girl before she even reaches puberty, or a law that legalises rape within marriage? Could you bring yourself to ask Abu about these things, in an open and frank manner?

Quote:
Muhammad said many times in different ways that the "best among you are those that are good to their wives." Respect for women is also mentioned in the Quran. Most Muslims  understand that because they seemingly have a right, it doesn't necessarily mean they have to exercise it.

Except they do have a right, under Islamic law, protected by Islamic law. After all, what is a right, other than a legally protected priviledge? Are you suggesting that because then men may marry and rape little girls, but it is officially 'frowned upon', they don't actually have the right to do it?

Quote:
Are you being serious with this?

Yes I am. Do you think that all that is required to protect the rights of children is to give them legal recourse if their parents try to marry them off to a dirty old pedophile? Because that is the extent of the protection offered to young girls in a 'proper' Islamic society.
Quote:

In order to make Islam seem attractive, he must replace genuine Aussie culture with the dregs of our society. A good demonstration is how he pretends that giving women freedom to choose for themselves means nothing more than western men taking advantage of that freedom.

Quote:
when Islam promotes nothing but respect and honour for women

So long as they do as they are told. Abu is it true that Muslim wives are required to ask permission from their husband before leaving the house?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #49 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 2:02pm

Quote:
So Annie, do you agree with Abu, or do you reject my reality and replace it with your own?

I think you're both playing with semantics on the courtship issue.

Quote:
Yet Islam supports both of these things and you speak out in support of Islam? Do you understand now why Abu is so reluctant to engage in 'open and frank' discussion on topics like slavery in Islam, rape within marriage, sex with slaves (who according to Abu are not sex slaves just because of the coincidence that they are slaves and you can have sex with them), etc.

Do you support every single aspect of democracy? You're condemning me for thinking critically about Islam and being able to point out the good as well as the bad. Whether you see it or not, Islam has a lot of beauty.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are many hadith that advocate the freeing of slaves and the religious rewards that doing so brings. Likewise with the Quran. One of the prophet's friends was an ex-slave called Bilal who was purchased and freed by the man who would later become the first caliph. If you're interested I can share the story here - it's beautiful.

Quote:
So tell me now Annie, what would you think of a law that specifically permits a man to marry a girl before she even reaches puberty, or a law that legalises rape within marriage? Could you bring yourself to ask Abu about these things, in an open and frank manner?

A woman has to consent to a marriage, FD. She can't be forced, but even if she could I've already made it clear that I think both forced marriages and rape in any form are wrong.

Incidentally, rape is punishable by death in Islam. As it should be. And yes, I could ask Abu about anything pertaining to Islam and I know he'd answer me with respect and sincerity because he knows I'm genuinely after information.

Quote:
After all, what is a right, other than a legally protected priviledge? Are you suggesting that because then men may marry and rape little girls, but it is officially 'frowned upon', they don't actually have the right to do it?

Islam doesn't protect the rights of rapists, FD.

Quote:
Do you think that all that is required to protect the rights of children is to give them legal recourse if their parents try to marry them off to a dirty old pedophile? Because that is the extent of the protection offered to young girls in a 'proper' Islamic society.

I think that if the girls parents were practicing Islam properly this wouldn't be an issue. A woman in Islam should be sexually and mentally mature before marriage is permitted.

Quote:
In order to make Islam seem attractive, he must replace genuine Aussie culture with the dregs of our society. A good demonstration is how he pretends that giving women freedom to choose for themselves means nothing more than western men taking advantage of that freedom.

And in order for you to make Islam and Muslims seem barbaric and backward, you must drag up and rehash the same points ad nauseam.

The Quran says that a woman is the equal of a man, that a husband must treat his wife with love and kindness. In one particularly strong hadith, Muhammad said "The best among you are those that are the best to their wives."

Old men marrying young girls isn't exclusive to Islam. There's nothing in our law stopping a 16yr old girl from marrying a 70yr old man. Is that disgusting and perverted? Yes. Do I like it? No. Will I shun democracy because it allows it to happen? Of course not.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #50 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 2:47pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Oct 6th, 2010 at 2:02pm:
Quote:

Quote:

Do you support every single aspect of democracy? You're condemning me for thinking critically about Islam and being able to point out the good as well as the bad. Whether you see it or not, Islam has a lot of beauty.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but there are many hadith that advocate the freeing of slaves and the religious rewards that doing so brings. Likewise with the Quran. One of the prophet's friends was an ex-slave called Bilal who was purchased and freed by the man who would later become the first caliph. If you're interested I can share the story here - it's beautiful.

Quote:

A woman has to consent to a marriage, FD. She can't be forced, but even if she could I've already made it clear that I think both forced marriages and rape in any form are wrong.

Incidentally, rape is punishable by death in Islam. As it should be. And yes, I could ask Abu about anything pertaining to Islam and I know he'd answer me with respect and sincerity because he knows I'm genuinely after information.

Quote:
After all, what is a right, other than a legally protected priviledge? Are you suggesting that because then men may marry and rape little girls, but it is officially 'frowned upon', they don't actually have the right to do it?

Quote:
Do you think that all that is required to protect the rights of children is to give them legal recourse if their parents try to marry them off to a dirty old pedophile? Because that is the extent of the protection offered to young girls in a 'proper' Islamic society.

I think that if the girls parents were practicing Islam properly this wouldn't be an issue. A woman in Islam should be sexually and mentally mature before marriage is permitted.

Quote:

And in order for you to make Islam and Muslims seem barbaric and backward, you must drag up and rehash the same points ad nauseam.

The Quran says that a woman is the equal of a man, that a husband must treat his wife with love and kindness. In one particularly strong hadith, Muhammad said "The best among you are those that are the best to their wives."

Old men marrying young girls isn't exclusive to Islam. There's nothing in our law stopping a 16yr old girl from marrying a 70yr old man. Is that disgusting and perverted? Yes. Do I like it? No. Will I shun democracy because it allows it to happen? Of course not.

Thanks Annie.
You raise all good points.
Well put.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #51 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 6:43pm

Quote:

Well the Islamic concept of pre-marital encounters does not resemble what most non-Muslims would label courtship. The only permissible interaction between a man and woman prior to marriage, for the purposes of initiating marriage, is visits to the family house in the presence of the families, usually of both parties. I guess you could call it a courtship in a sense, but I doubt fd would accept it as such.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #52 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:00pm

Abu, does it have to be at the family home?

My in-laws - some of whom are quite religious - go out to dinner with their fiances all the time. They just have to have a chaperone that's also a maharam to the woman.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 9:08pm

Quote:
Do you support every single aspect of democracy?

There is only one aspect to democracy - the will of the majority. Yes I support it.

Quote:
You're condemning me for thinking critically about Islam and being able to point out the good as well as the bad.

Sorry, I must have missed that bit. I would be interested to see an example of you pointing out the bad.

Quote:
A woman has to consent to a marriage, FD.

I believe we broached the issue of consent earlier. How much does the consent of a pre-pubescent girl mean?

Quote:
Incidentally, rape is punishable by death in Islam.

Unless it is of one of your brides or one of your slaves. Or a non-muslim, in which case it is effectively legal because Shariah courts discount the testimony of non-Muslims. Apparently they can't be trusted. And fellow Muslims are encouraged by islam to put a positive spin on anything a fellow Muslim does.

Quote:
And yes, I could ask Abu about anything pertaining to Islam and I know he'd answer me with respect and sincerity because he knows I'm genuinely after information.

Are you suggesting I am not genuinely after the information I seek? How do you know he would answer if you don't ask? How do you know he would give anything more than a BS deflection? It took me a long time to figure out some of the more subtle deceptions. Do you expect to somehow absord the reality of Islam by osmosis, even if you politely avoid the elephants in the room?

Quote:

Yes it does. It institutionalises rape. And not just in the home. There are many circumstances where Islam specifically permits or encourages rape, and even more where it makes a prosecution for rape almost impossible, despite it being technically illegal. How is that not protecting the rights of a rapist?

Quote:
I think that if the girls parents were practicing Islam properly this wouldn't be an issue.

I think it would be, because it is the proper rpactice of Islam that is the problem. If you disagree, please explain how the proper practice would magically fix all the problems.

Quote:
A woman in Islam should be sexually and mentally mature before marriage is permitted.

Are you saying Islam should be changed, or are you saying that a pre-pubescent girl is sexually and mentally mature?

Quote:

It doesn't just seem barbaric. It is barbaric. Which is why I bring them up. Would you suggest that if someone started promoting the legalisation of rape, I should politley mention it once then hold my tounge? Why is it somehow different if they blanket this barbarity in religion?

Quote:
The Quran says that a woman is the equal of a man

Then the Koran contradicts itself, because it makes women slaves to men. If a woman has to ask her husband or whatever male is in charge of her for permission to leave the house, how is that a basis of equality?

Quote:
that a husband must treat his wife with love and kindness

Ask Abu about the details of this love and kindness. It is not the love and kindness you would show to an equal. It is not even the love and kindness you would show a child. It commands men to love them in the same way a slave owner loves and protects his slaves.

Quote:
Old men marrying young girls isn't exclusive to Islam. There's nothing in our law stopping a 16yr old girl from marrying a 70yr old man.

What about a pre-pubescent girl? Like I said, statute is not the be-all and end-all of child protection. There is far more to it in our society. On the other hand, Islamic society actively promotes such marriages in the absence of love.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #54 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 11:12pm

Quote:
Abu, does it have to be at the family home?

My in-laws - some of whom are quite religious - go out to dinner with their fiances all the time. They just have to have a chaperone that's also a maharam to the woman.

Well that is a bit of a technicality I think.

This sounds like it is after the "katb al-kitab" (The writing of the book), which means that really in Islam they are married, but simply haven't moved in together. A lot of people (including myself), did this, and a maharam is not even required, although often preferred by the families. People refer to this as engagement, but in fact it is marriage.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #55 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 11:21pm

Quote:
Unless it is of one of your brides

See fd, here is just one classic example of how warped and twisted your distorted view of Islam is.

You claim that I've said rape is permissible in Islam, yet I've said nothing but the complete opposite. Rape is severely punished, with heftier punishments than in the West.

You draw wild conclusions like "Because a wife must fulfill her husbands needs, therefore rape in marriage is permissible", this is just nonsense. Islam does not say a wife must fulfill her husbands needs, it says BOTH partners must fulfill eachothers needs, unless they have a genuine reason to abstain. Quite obviously to avoid people going to forbidden things like adultery. Does this mean Islam legitimises women raping their husbands?

This is why you honestly don't deserve to be given the time of day with your questions. Time and time again, you ask questions, then merely discard the answer given, and make up what you think the answer was supposed to have meant, and then make accusations against Islam based on this.

I will draw it a little though, if only to demonstrate to others how futile discussing these things with you is.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #56 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:30pm

Quote:
There is only one aspect to democracy - the will of the majority. Yes I support it.

Do you support the will of the majority when it restricts your own freedom in a way that you don’t feel is fair?

Quote:
Sorry, I must have missed that bit. I would be interested to see an example of you pointing out the bad.

I think it’s bad to religiously allow a man to hit a woman (even as lightly as Islam permits) and I don’t agree with Islam’s stance on homosexuality. I find a lot of the interpretations of the meaning of Quranic verses to be biased and if I were a Muslim, I’d think twice before believing many Hadith.

I believe we broached the issue of consent earlier. How much does the consent of a pre-pubescent girl mean?

I think it was in the last post that I wrote a female must be of physical and mental maturity to be married. In Arabic, I think it’s called ‘rashood” or something similar. Abu will know. I guess it depends on your point of view, but a pre-pubescent girl is hardly physically or mentally mature.

Quote:
Unless it is of one of your brides or one of your slaves. Or a non-muslim, in which case it is effectively legal because Shariah courts discount the testimony of non-Muslims. Apparently they can't be trusted. And fellow Muslims are encouraged by islam to put a positive spin on anything a fellow Muslim does.

Rape is illegal under Shariah, period.

Quote:
Are you suggesting I am not genuinely after the information I seek?

Yes. I can’t think of a single answer Abu or I have given you that you have accepted.  Not agreed with – just accepted. I've seen Abu provide answers that you automatically disregard. You try and turn it all into something evil and corrupt when that’s not the case at all.

Quote:
How do you know he would answer if you don't ask?

Abu has answered me here many times. He’s answered you too.

Quote:
There are many circumstances where Islam specifically permits or encourages rape.

Can you show me where rape is permitted or encouraged in Islam?

Quote:
I think it would be, because it is the proper practice of Islam that is the problem. If you disagree, please explain how the proper practice would magically fix all the problems.

Love, tolerance and kindness are mentioned throughout the Quran. A Muslim has to be respectful. Killing innocents and suicide bombings are both forbidden –if Muslims followed this we wouldn’t have had 9/11 or Bali and Israel wouldn’t have an excuse to bomb the sh!t out of the Palestinian children. If a Muslim captures a prisoner of war, they have to be treated with kindness. Murder is forbidden, cruelty is forbidden, rape is forbidden. Under Islam, all races are equal. So are both sexes. Tyranny is against Islamic law.

Look at the 5 pillars of Islam – the main obligations: belief, prayer, fasting, charity and pilgrimage (if you can afford it). There’s nothing wrong with any of these things.

Quote:
Then the Koran contradicts itself, because it makes women slaves to men.

Where? I must have missed that verse.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #57 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 12:33pm

Abu, have you ever said on this forum that you support the 9/11 attacks?

I know a lot of Muslims don't believe that they were organised by Bin Laden, so that's not what I'm asking. I've been told that you said the attacks were warranted or deserved in some way and that doesn't fit with the little I know of you.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #58 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 6:54pm

Annie,

Quote:
I think it was in the last post that I wrote a female must be of physical and mental maturity to be married. In Arabic, I think it’s called ‘rashood” or something similar. Abu will know. I guess it depends on your point of view, but a pre-pubescent girl is hardly physically or mentally mature.

Close, the word is raashid and means generally to be aware, and able to guide and lead others. It is a point at which someone becomes adult enough to be trusted to provide an accurate perspective on things.

What I find most ironic about fd's stance is that the age of puberty is not fixed, and so a girl could not begin her menstrual cycles until age 18 (in some cases), and yet for fd, it's acceptable for her to be married to a 70 yo. man, merely because he believes that the fixed age of consent is the ultimate law.

The idea of basing it on a case by case basis of when the boy or girl reaches the raashid age is the clearly more logical choice IMHO.

Another clear indicator of fd's bias in this discussion is his complete neglect of the fact a male can also be married when he becomes raashid. I've mentioned to him before of a friend of mine whose grandparents married when they were 12 (grandfather) and 26 (grandmother), yet he didn't seem interested in the least, since there was no propaganda value in it for attacking Islam.

Likewise he couldn't care less  if a man is required to fulfill his wife's needs, since it again doesn't serve his agenda.

Quote:

No. As you mentioned above, Islam does not permit the deliberate targeting of civilians in suicide attacks.

Quote:
I've been told that you said the attacks were warranted or deserved in some way and that doesn't fit with the little I know of you.

Well this is a slightly different issue. As far as the American state deserving some of it's own medicine, nothing is more deserving than a taste of one's own medicine.

As for the individual civilians being the target of it, not really. But as voters in a democracy, they are in a sense responsible for the foreign policy of their governments which has led to the death and suffering of millions worldwide. Americans, like Albright, had no problem justifying the deaths of a million Iraqi kids from their interventions there in the 90's, on the basis that Saddam Hussein their leader was responsible for them (and he wasn't even elected), so what of those who elect their own leader to commit this kind of treachery on populaces around the world?

Probably what I've said is I don't have a lot of sympathy for them, after all the death, destruction, chaos, mayhem etc. they've caused to other nations in the world.

What goes around... does inevitably come around. Doesn't mean I necessarily support it though.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #59 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 9:27pm

Abu:

Quote:
You draw wild conclusions like "Because a wife must fulfill her husbands needs, therefore rape in marriage is permissible", this is just nonsense.

No Abu. I draw that conclusion because a Muslim told me it is permissable.

Quote:
Islam does not say a wife must fulfill her husbands needs, it says BOTH partners must fulfill eachothers needs,

So the wife is obligued after all? Can you clarify this please?

Annie:

Quote:
Do you support the will of the majority when it restricts your own freedom in a way that you don’t feel is fair?

I do not see democracy as the be-all and end-all of civilised societies. I do not see it as perfect. I merely see it as the best available form of government.

Quote:
I think it was in the last post that I wrote a female must be of physical and mental maturity to be married. In Arabic, I think it’s called ‘rashood” or something similar. Abu will know.

I have no doubt that he knows. I do doubt that he will tell.

Quote:
I guess it depends on your point of view, but a pre-pubescent girl is hardly physically or mentally mature.

My understanding is that Islam permits the marriage of pre-pubescent girls, and the girl can be taken away to live with the husband, but they trust him not to have sex with her till she hits puberty. I don't think I have seen anything approach an open and frank discussion of this since Malik left.

Quote:
Rape is illegal under Shariah, period.

Not according to what I have been told - by Muslims. Sometimes they try to get around it by saying it is not rape because the man is permitted to have sex with the woman against her will, but it is specifically allowed in many circumstances. Ask Abu to list those circumstances.

Quote:
Yes. I can’t think of a single answer Abu or I have given you that you have accepted.

I know you have, but I hope you understand that I am going to take the word of a Muslim on this. If you want to follow this up, most of the claims on the wiki are backed up by links to explanations from Abu, Malik and a few others.

Quote:
I've seen Abu provide answers that you automatically disregard.

I suspect you are confusing me asking for clarification of an ambiguity with disregarding the answer given. Surely you can see how an answer can be completely correct but not actually answer the question asked?

Quote:
You try and turn it all into something evil and corrupt when that’s not the case at all.

So you don't think that stoning gays to death is evil?

Quote:
Can you show me where rape is permitted or encouraged in Islam?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Islam_and_Australian_values

See the sections on Domestic violence, Women’s rights, War, Sex slaves, slavery. I should add a section on rape for clarity. Most of these should have links verifying them. I am not sure about some of them and have asked Abu to clarify them for me, but he refused.

Quote:
Killing innocents and suicide bombings are both forbidden

There have been a few famous cases of Muslim clerics making the same claim to the western media, then later preaching to their followers that no westerners/non-muslims are innocent.

Quote:
Murder is forbidden, cruelty is forbidden, rape is forbidden.

Again, muslims have contradicted you on this board. I have tried to get Abu to clarify some of these issues, but he refuses to.

Quote:
Under Islam, all races are equal. So are both sexes.

Again, actual Muslims openly contradict you.

Quote:
Tyranny is against Islamic law.

Tyranny is the only acceptable form of Islamic government.

Quote:
Look at the 5 pillars of Islam – the main obligations: belief, prayer, fasting, charity and pilgrimage (if you can afford it). There’s nothing wrong with any of these things.

It is Shariah law that is the problem.

Quote:

He has spoken in their defence and refused to condemn them.

Abu:

Quote:
Close, the word is raashid and means generally to be aware, and able to guide and lead others.

Does this mean I am right in my claim that Islam permits the marriage of pre-pubescent girls?

Quote:
merely because he believes that the fixed age of consent is the ultimate law

Please Abu, don't put words in my mouth. That is not true.

Quote:
But as voters in a democracy, they are in a sense responsible for the foreign policy of their governments

And therefor not innocent?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print