Consan. (Read 41853 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islamic Inbreeding
Reply #30 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 10:47pm

aikmann4 wrote on Sep 29th, 2010 at 7:43pm:
z

Now that's the smartest thing anyone's said here yet.

I agree.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Consan.
Reply #31 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 10:56pm

Yeh with a vocab like that, we can tell Imperium isn't inbred.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 8:14am

Quote:
Hence the reason even many Christians from that time chose loyalty to Islamic civilisation over their own Christian civilisation, knowing full well it was treating them better and was far more enlightened.

Abu I have read many of your attempts to rewrite history and they are far from convincing. You even claimed the Muslims entered Spain as welcomed liberators. I will defer to you on Islam, but that's about it.

Quote:
As Islam does not even really fit into the Western model of relationships, there is no "courtship" so to speak. There is a period of time in which two people may express an interest in becoming married, and during that time they may get to know one another

So you think I was wrong in my claims about love and courtship?

Quote:
You already stated above Islam only permits a disciplinary reprimand with a toothstick. So why make up this nonsense now about wife beating?

Tell us about the soggy miswak abu.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #33 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 11:51am

FD, the validity of Islamic marriage depends on the full consent of both the potential husband and wife.

Quote:
The religious laws and customs of islam make it almost inevitable that she will be forced.

I've already explained that there is a very clear law prohibiting forced marriages, so which religious laws and customs make it inevitable exactly?

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 7:40pm

Quote:
FD, the validity of Islamic marriage depends on the full consent of both the potential husband and wife.

How much validity does that consent have if the husband is a powerful member of society and the girl has just reached puberty and is being pressured by a culture that rejects not just love in courtship, but courtship itself, and which is happy to whip girls or stone them to death for sexual misadventure?

We in the west have come to realise that the concept of such a girl giving consent when so much power is stacked against her is meaningless.

Annie, can you tell us what you think of a society that rejects courtship and love, puts medieval limitations on the interaction between young men and women, permits rape within marriage, permits polygamy, permits payment for young brides, permits sex slavery and permits the marrying of little girls to old men? Do you honestly think that would work out well for women? Do you think you can simply transpose our culture of respect for women on top of such a legal and social system without it getting eroded away into nothing?

Do you think that all that is required to protect the rights of children is to give them legal recourse if their paretns try to sell them off to a dirty old pedophile?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #35 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 9:24pm

The age of consent is when a girl reaches puberty. The religion doesn't force her to marry then, it just becomes permissible.

- Annie

Thanks Annie for posting the above statement.

I'm a tad curious now .. does the above statement pertain to 2010 .. does it pertain to Oz .. and does the above statement concern you at all Annie?

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #36 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 9:54pm

Quote:
Do you think you can simply transpose our culture of respect for women...

Grin Grin Grin

Come on FD what bubble are you living in? Have you ever spent a Saturday night at your local footy/cricket club?

You obviously know very little about our culture, or you're deliberately obfuscating on this one. Aussie culture has little respect for women at all. Yeh sure "officially" we teach it in schools, but that's about as far as it goes. It doesn't make it far past the classroom door either. Disrespect for women begins in our culture as soon as they get into the school playground, and it just gets progressively worse from there on in.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #37 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 11:29pm

Come on FD what bubble are you living in? Have you ever spent a Saturday night at your local footy/cricket club?

You obviously know very little about our culture ..

- Abu to FD

OUR CULTURE ??

Of course you're referring to the Germanic/Saxon culture you profess to be descended from hey.

Hmmm???
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2010 at 11:37pm by Lisa Jones »  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #38 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:03am

Quote:
OUR CULTURE ??

Of course you're referring to the Germanic/Saxon culture you profess to be descended from hey.

Hmmm???

Our culture means Australian culture, I'm sure you can work it out. Australian culture has a 'special' place even amongst Anglo-Saxon cultures as being extremely misogynistic.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #39 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 1:25pm

Quote:
Annie, can you tell us what you think of a society that rejects courtship and love, puts medieval limitations on the interaction between young men and women, permits rape within marriage, permits polygamy, permits payment for young brides, permits sex slavery and permits the marrying of little girls to old men?

Islam doesn't reject love and there is a form of courtship permitted - it's just different from what we consider to be normal here.

Most cultures put limitations on the interaction between young men and women. Islam is probably the strictest that I'm aware of, but that doesn't make it necessarily bad - just different. I can think of a lot of negatives about having sex before marriage, which is really what Islam is forbidding.

Polygamists don't really bother me if everyone is upfront and willing though I wouldn't live in a polygamous relationship myself.

I don't know where you get the "payment for young brides" thing. There is a dowry paid to the bride in an Islamic marriage which is hers to keep throughout the marriage or to help support her in case of a divorce. Incidentally, there's also a divorce payment that is agreed upon before the marriage which offers further security in the event of a marriage breakdown.

The marriage of young girls to old men (or anyone) is disgusting. So is slavery in all its forms.

If a man rapes a woman or another man under any circumstances he should be chemically castrated. Child molestors should be executed.

Quote:
Do you think you can simply transpose our culture of respect for women on top of such a legal and social system without it getting eroded away into nothing?

Muhammad said many times in different ways that the "best among you are those that are good to their wives." Respect for women is also mentioned in the Quran. Most Muslims  understand that because they seemingly have a right, it doesn't necessarily mean they have to exercise it.

Quote:
Do you think you can simply transpose our culture of respect for women on top of such a legal and social system without it getting eroded away into nothing?

I really do think Islam and the West are compatible. I don't necessarily think the all Muslims and the West are.

Quote:
Do you think that all that is required to protect the rights of children is to give them legal recourse if their paretns try to sell them off to a dirty old pedophile?

Are you being serious with this?

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2010 at 1:35pm by Annie Anthrax »  

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 9:35pm

Hang on, you can't remove posts that ask you to remove posts.

That's cheating.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #41 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 10:52pm

Australian culture has a 'special' place even amongst Anglo-Saxon cultures as being extremely misogynistic.

- Abu

Huh????

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #42 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 10:54pm

My humblest apologies Abu .. I understand now .. you're just expressing your own personal opinions irrespective of how they stack up against facts.

All good.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #43 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 7:36am

You must've grown up in the same bubble as freediver I guess...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #44 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 11:22am

Abu .. what on earth are you going on about now???

I would so love to know what is the real agenda underpinning all this negative rubbish you keep posting about Oz culture.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Send Topic Print