What are you reading (Read 6693 times)
It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Re: What are you reading
Reply #30 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 7:13pm

Quote:
A lot of Australian Writers need to come to terms with the fact that there writing is not that good in comparison to others in their genre and that this is why they do not get quality publishers. It's a highly competitive market out there, with a glut of mediocre writers seeking to become authors.

I guess this becomes the general acceptance that anything Australian, if it wants to make $$ overseas, needs to be dumbed down a bit like simple Ken Done art or the performances of the Wiggles, or the personality of Steve Irwin or the laughing at oneself of Crocodile Dundee.

Is it true that JK Rowling wrote out her 7 novels before publishing the first? If so, then I can see why they have done so well. You can tell a book that has been written for the 'money', not for the love of writing itself. Everyone tries to make a hit song or best-seller straight up because they want the money.

I'm not fussed if I make great money on a book. It would be icing on the cake, but the cake matters most and that is ...writing for the love of it. I think I would get more out of life via what writing the book(s) do for me and at the end of it all, I might see that I didn't need the money afterall - life was good in the end.

I'm a self taught writer, though my Reading out-does my writing endeavours mostly, but things are changing of late. Although I'm a 'failure' at school (unlike my Dux Uni sister) like most boys from the West, I hold firm to the belief that I've smartened myself up via books instead.
When I was at Primary School I would wagg and hang out in Libraries, even the Fisher Library ...reading, reading, etc.
When the teachers asked where I was, I would answer "Getting a real education" which resulted in disciplinary action for being a 'smartarse'.
My favourite subject at school though was "School Excursions". Why? Well for starters, everyone seemed 'happy' on school excursions - so I guess it must be the right thing to be involved in. So I used to jigg school a lot too and go on my own 'excursions'. Little would I know that as a 10 year old hanging out down at the Kiama Blowhole, I would one day be inside the Blowhole via Scuba Diving some 25 years later  Cool
I once changed my name ( a few times) to Campbell - named after the Campbell-Turnball Library in West Brunswick and Joseph Campbell.
I would love to pump out a good collection of Books to be quite honest.

So ...
does anyone wanna become part of a Writing Pond?
- come up with a group name.
- brainstorm ideas upon butcher paper
- offer ones'  unique writing skills to the Pond effort
- find oneself in the Pond like a Lead Guitarist or Singer does in a Band.
- enjoy the cooking of others
- enjoy the company and arguements of others
- meet at a Community room or rotate at people's residences
- swap valuable 'marketing' goss and info
- change the face of Australian Writing forever

Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2010 at 7:18pm by It_is_the_Darkness »  

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #31 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 8:53pm

I decided to illustrate in photo. Here are all the books I have read in the past year and a half.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #32 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 12:06am

Oh no Imp. Shocked
You're a closet racist!

...remember, 90% of all Art, both modern and historical, depict the 'male' as being 'darker of colour'.

So don't bother reading all that genetics stuff, etc. White boys and dark girls are a dying breed. The 'combination' of genetics is recognising a greater amount of dark boys/fair girls relationships. In a few hundred years - most boys will be 'naturally' born darker by majority because thats how genetics recognises the 'common factor'.
...hence "Black Groom/White Bride" at Weddings.
Sorry, didn't mean to spoil the mystery.
Lips Sealed

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 12:47pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Nov 9th, 2010 at 12:06am:
Oh no Imp. Shocked
You're a closet racist!

...remember, 90% of all Art, both modern and historical, depict the 'male' as being 'darker of colour'.

So don't bother reading all that genetics stuff, etc. White boys and dark girls are a dying breed. The 'combination' of genetics is recognising a greater amount of dark boys/fair girls relationships. In a few hundred years - most boys will be 'naturally' born darker by majority because thats how genetics recognises the 'common factor'.
...hence "Black Groom/White Bride" at Weddings.
Sorry, didn't mean to spoil the mystery.
Lips Sealed

I don't know what you're trying to say.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #34 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 1:20pm

Thats because I'm the opposite of a Troll.
...I'm too 'over-qualified' - like a Billy Goat Gruff (always trying to knock people off a Bridge). Wink

But don't be afraid ...every 'cell' has to divide into 8 parts, once fertilised. Every human Race must branch out into 8 distinctive groups in the name of Racism, before it becomes 'ONE' as a whole.

...gotta excuse my 'thought' behaviour these few days - I'm currently sick. Cheesy Tongue

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 1:25pm

Quote:
.I'm too 'over-qualified'

I am assuming that you are too over-qualified for this world. My only explanation for it is that you are a superintelligence so vast and powerful that everything you write can only possibly make sense to yourself because everybody else who reads your posts operates on a cognitive plane scales of magnitude below your own.

Quote:
But don't be afraid

What am I afraid of?
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2010 at 2:04pm by JC Denton »  

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #36 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 1:35pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Nov 9th, 2010 at 12:06am:
Oh no Imp. Shocked
You're a closet racist!

No he isn't.  I doubt if he has a closet.

Quote:

Men spend more time outdoors, and women have always worn lighter coloured makeup. This picture, which I took inside a typical Etruscan tomb a few years ago, shows an example of this - all the women are white (except for the slave girls, who obviously got outdoors a lot more). In Greek Art it was a matter of style and convention.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 1:36pm

Quote:
No he isn't.  I doubt if he has a closet.

I have a closet. It has some shoes, clothes and some cd-roms in it.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #38 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 1:36pm

That 'war before civilization' book looks interesting. 

Worth a read?

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 1:38pm

Yes, it's extremely good. It has some amazing statistics and facts and figures such as comparing civilizations in their most bellicose periods with tribal cultures (the tribal cultures usually outdo the most violent civilizations in terms of proportion of population killed during war, etc.) It also details the gruesome things in pretty lurid detail that primitive people used to do to each other.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #40 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 2:29pm

The future of the white (regressive) Male gene.

...even now, white males have to wear 'black' just to get laid.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #41 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 2:40pm

I don't think you understand biology very well.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print