Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
So when Abbot is going to be sacked? (Read 2387 times)
athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
So when Abbot is going to be sacked?
Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:54pm

Tonny Abot failed. So when a looser Abbot is going to be replaced with more decent man Mr. Malcolm Turnbull.
I've heard many people telling me: "If Mr. Turnbull was opposition leader I would vote for him".
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2010 at 9:49am by athos »  

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: So when Abbot is going to be sacked?
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:56pm

athos wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:54pm:
Tonny Abot failed. So when a looser Abbot is going to be replaced with more decent man Mr. Malcolm Turnbull.
I've heard many people were telling me: "If Mr. Turnbull was opposition leader I would vote for him".

Abbott took 12 seats from one of the most popular governments in living memory.

He also stopped their ETS which was the beginning of the end.

Turnbull was also extremely unpopular.

My bet is Joe Hockey will be leader at the next election, and Abbott one of his key supporters.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Deborahmac09
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:58pm

I think he should stay.
I believe if he stays and is a strong opposition leader who keeps to Australia's best interests, he will have a good chance of being PM in 2013.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #3 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:00pm

I've heard many people were telling me: "If Mr. Turnbull was opposition leader I would vote for him".

I've never heard anyone say that about Turbull, but I've heard a few people say they'd vote for Hockey.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #4 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:02pm

Actually, I reckon that Joe Jockstrap's performance was very poor throughout these post-election negotiations...

He may have blown his chances of ever rising to the head job...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:03pm

Deborahmac09 wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 4:58pm:
I think he should stay.
I believe if he stays and is a strong opposition leader who keeps to Australia's best interests, he will have a good chance of being PM in 2013.

I think he should stay long enough to destroy the ALP even further, then install Hockey as leader in time.  He is more friendly, and Abbott will do enough damage to the ALP in the mean time that Hockey will really enjoy the next election.

Its in the best interests the ALP go for 3 years.  If they couldnt do anything in three years with a clear majority, the next three is gonna be a lot of nothing.

Lets see, mining tax wont happen, already canned her citizens assembly, ETS isnt on the table, gay marriage is a no, oh this could go on forever.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:11pm

I've heard many people were telling me

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Yahoon

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:16pm

You are right to be scared of Abbott as opposition leader, considering what he did to Labor in the course of the election

IP Logged

Darwin
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:23pm

Tony Abbott is safe for a year, 18 months—did narrow, he will say, the huge gap there was 18 months ago between the two main parties.

But he will be hopeless at long term working in such a narrowly divided HoR and with Green BoP. He won’t have the staying power. Hope they re-install Turnbull.

IP Logged

Del_has_returned

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:24pm

Re: "So when Abbot is going to be sacked?"

A hell of a long time AFTER Dillard gets stabbed in the back by Bill Shortarse!

Labor.....what a bloody joke...

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:35pm

Abbott has done very well during this election and deserves to remain the opposition leader.....Abbott has shown he has matured as a politician during the election and he deserves a chance to keep the pressure on Labor.....The Liberal party have a defined brand with Abbott as leader.....at last we will see a defined right vs left in Australian politics!!!

Smiley

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 6:55pm

Equitist wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:02pm:
Actually, I reckon that Joe Jockstrap's performance was very poor throughout these post-election negotiations...

He may have blown his chances of ever rising to the head job...

I can see your inyouendo Equatist!

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 7:16pm

... wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 5:00pm:
I've heard many people telling me: "If Mr. Turnbull was opposition leader I would vote for him".

I've never heard anyone say that about Turbull, but I've heard a few people say they'd vote for Hockey.

Than you better bring John Coward back.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2010 at 9:51am by athos »  

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 7:36pm

Given that Abbott won the election but was denied govt by 2 morons I cant see him being replaced any time soon. Putting in the performance he has wil guarantee him a long stay in the top job.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 10:20pm

The "mad-monk" had his chance, but it wasn't to be. I give him 12 - 18 months, before he is replaced up a fresh face.

I would say Julie Bishop has more to worry about, because the only thing she is good for is being abbotts parrot ans spewing venom at any opportunity.  Vile woman.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print