Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Does Optus YES time still exist? (Read 5045 times)
Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Re: Does Optus YES time still exist?
Reply #15 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 8:44am

Hey Bobby et al

I just googled and found this page: -

http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocaportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=shopping...

Quote:
The 'yes' 19i Plan is available for new or eligible existing customers who apply to connect to the Optus Mobile Digital service, and pass the Optus credit assessment and who are accepted by Optus. Existing customers must demonstrate that over the three continuous months prior to applying you had an average monthly spend equal to at least the monthly access fee of your Optus 'yes' 19i Plan.
The 'yes' 19i Plan is available as a month to month, 12 month or 24 month plan.
If you have accepted a 24month term, the minimum total cost over 24 months is $456 plus the cost of your handset if any. If you have accepted a 12month term, the minimum total cost over 12 months is $228 plus the cost of your handset if any.
The 'yes' 19i Plan includes up to $14 of included call credits and up to $5 of Included Data each month with a monthly access of $19. You will pay a minimum amount of $19 per month even if you do not make the $14 of calls and $5 of Data.
If you connect to a 'yes' 19i Plan, you may select only one of the following plan offers: 'yes' Text, MyTime, 'yes' Text&Talk or 'yes' Time. If you do not select a plan offer, or your selection is not recorded, you will receive MyTime. Plan Offers may expire or be withdrawn at any time. Optus Fair GoTM Policy applies to limit access to the offers if you use the service in an unreasonable or excessive manner. See www.optus.com.au/mobilefairgopolicy. If you select a new rate plan and/or plan offer a fee may apply and any calls made during that bill cycle will be rated at the applicable rate of your new plan and/or plan offer from the date of the change. If you select the MyTime offer, allow up to 48 hours for your number to register or changes to be effective.
The included data value can only be used for Wireless IP (WIP VPN), WAP, Internet, FAX, Asynchronous Data(CSD), MMS Standard, MMS Email Alerts, MMS MobileCard, MMS Movie Trailers, MMS Premium, MMS Sport, MMS Video News, MMS Webcams, and Blackberry Email.
Included Call Credits can be used for national & international voice & video calls, standard text, Voicemail, Mobile Internet usage, Zoo Browsing, 124YES(937), 13 and 1300 numbers, PTT and National MMS.
Included call credits exclude some call types such as International Roaming, Directory assistance, International/Premium/Group/Third Party/Web Text, International MMS, Optus Zoo downloads, Content Packs (unless specified in promotion), VoiP, Mobile IM, TrueLocal usage, True Local usage, Video Conferencing, 13, 1300 and 19XX calls.
Rollover: Unused included call credits in any one month will expire at the end of two months and are not refundable, even at account closure.
Rollback: You may be eligible to reduce your contract length on a 24 month 'yes' Plan if your average monthly call usage charges fall into one of the defined bands. Usage charges are defined as your total monthly charges incurred for service usage before your included call credits are deducted. Usage does not include International Video Calling, monthly access fees, equipment charges, termination/ suspension/ late payment fees, reactivation charges, or insurance charges. "On average" means average usage charges over the period of your contract that has already expired. The first date that you may be eligible for a contract term reduction is month 15 of your contract. Any remaining or overdue handset payments must still be paid. If you change to another rate plan, the monthly access fee of your initial rate plan will be used to calculate your eligibility.
Termination: If you choose to pay the cost of your handset by the monthly handset payment option and cancel your Optus Mobile Digital Service or it is disconnected for any reason, or you switch carriers within this payment period you will be required to pay the remaining amount owing on your handset, if any. If you choose the 'yes' 19i 24 month plan and you cancel your Optus Mobile Digital service or your service is disconnected for any reason or you switch carriers within 24 months ("Termination"), you will be required to pay the remaining amount owing on your phone, if any, plus the following: for Termination between months 1-12; $540 for the 'yes' 19i plan, ("Initial Termination Fee"), and for Terminations between months 13-24 an amount in accordance with the following calculation: for months 13-15, 80% of the Initial Termination Fee, for months 16-18, 60% of the Initial Termination Fee, for months 19- 21, 40% of the Initial Termination Fee, for months 22-24, 20% of the Initial Termination Fee. If you choose the 'yes' 19i 12 month plan and you cancel your Optus Mobile Digital service or your service is disconnected for any reason or you switch carriers within 12 months ("Termination"), you will be required to pay the remaining amount owing on your phone, if any, plus the following: for Termination between months 1-6; $290 for the 'yes' 19i plan, ("Initial Termination Fee"), and for Terminations between months 7-12 an amount in accordance with the following calculation: for months 7-9, 70% of the Initial Termination Fee, and for months 10-12, 40% of the Initial Termination Fee.
'yes' Text:
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2010 at 8:50am by Equitist »  

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #16 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 8:46am

Quote:
'yes' Text: Receive 100 included standard text each month. If you exceed your 100 Included Text, standard rates of your plan apply. If you select the yes text option, you will not receive the other calling offers available to this plan.
'yes' Text&Talk - Only applies to standard calls and text made to any mobile connected to an Australian mobile network and received within Australia. Pay 22c per 30 seconds for mobile voice calls and 22c per standard text sent. These rates are 18c on the 39 -79 plans. These rates are 15c on the 99 and 149 Plans. Flagfall applies per call. If you select the yes textand talk option, you will not receive the other calling offers available to this plan.
MyTime: Receive included 5 minute calls to your five nominated Optus GSM Mobile or Optus Home Phone service numbers registered when you connect. Standard Call rates of your plan apply after the first 5 minutes. You may change your nominated numbers no more than once each month. Allow up to 48 hours for your number to register or changes to be effective. If at anytime during the month, your chosen MyTime numbers transfer to a non-Optus network, calls made to these numbers will automatically be charged at standard call rates. Optus Fair GoTM Policy applies up to 1000 minutes per month. MyTime may expire or be withdrawn at any time. If you select the My Time option, you will not receive any of the other calling offers available to this plan.
'yes' Time: Only applies to calls made and received within Australia and made between 8pm and midnight every night. Applies to calls from one Optus Mobile Digital customer to another (on the Optus GSM network), for no charge for the first 20 minutes per call, after which standard mobile rates of your eligible plan apply. 'yes' Time may expire or be withdrawn at any time. If you select the yes time option, you will not receive the other calling offers available to this plan.
'yes' for 5: Applies to national voice calls to other Optus GSM Mobile services on the same customer account number. Standard call rates of your plan apply after the first 5 minutes. Optus Fair GoTM Policy applies up to 1000 minutes per month.
If you connect to the 'yes' 59i, 79i, 99i or 149i Plan, you will receive unlimited voicemail and 5 included standard MMS every month. All MMS must be made and received within Australia. If you exceed your 5 included standard MMS, standard rates apply. Offer excludes My Updates, Premium Content charges and International MMS.
For International calling rates, please refer to Appendix J in the Standard Form of Agreement which can be found at www.optus.com.au/sfoa. Prices are subject to change without notice. International SMS: Message charges may be incurred for up to eight days from the original send date regardless of successful delivery or not. International SMS are charged at 50c per message.
After the first 6 months of your contract, once a month you may change to another Optus Mobile Rate Plan with a lower monthly access fee at Optus' discretion for the remaining term of your contract. We may charge you a fee if you move from one pricing plan to another before the end of your minimum term. The amount of the fee will depend on various factors, including the terms of your current pricing plan, your call spend under your current pricing plan and the terms of the new pricing plan you are moving to. You should contact customer service for further information on the fee that may apply in your case. Depending on the billing system you are on, if you select a new rate plan/ plan option, 1.any calls made from the date of the change, will be rated at the applicable rate of your new plan /plan option or 2.any calls made during that bill cycle will be rated at the applicable rate of your new plan and/or call option. Enquire on the options applicable to you at the time of changing your plan.
Change of ownership is permitted during the 24 month contract providing the new applicant meets Optus credit assessment criteria and both the current and new owner agree to the conditions on the Optus Change of Ownership form. Customers changing account ownership will not be eligible for Plan Scan.
Optus 3G/'yes' G service: Use of Optus 3G/'yes' G Service is only available with compatible handsets, an Optus 3G/'yes'G SIM card and you must be in a Optus 3G/'yes'G coverage area. The Optus 'yes' G Network refers to our 3G 2100/900 MHz network. To access the network you'll require a 'yes'G handset or device. To access Optus' 3G services, you will require a UMTS2100 band compatible handset and be within an Optus 3G coverage area. Outside these areas, service will fall back to our GSM/GPRS network. For full coverage information please go to optus.com.au/coverage. Speed will vary and many factors affect speeds including internet traffic, your equipment, location, software and the source of your download.
Optus Zoo & MyZooNow: Optus Zoo activation time may take up to 24 hours. Optus will endeavour to provide current, accurate information but makes no guarantee regarding the timely delivery, currency, or accuracy of any information provided to you as part of the Optus Zoo Update service. Content may be suspended, changed, or terminated without notice. Optus is not responsible for third party content, and sites may be subject to change. Additional charges may apply to access and subscription to third party content. Content is tailored for viewing...

[...]

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 9:06am

Thanks Equitist.
I'll spend a few hours trying to read & understand all that.

It looks daunting.
I don't know what they've put me on.
It looks like that plan has many sub plans.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #18 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 9:25am

Bobby. wrote on Sep 1st, 2010 at 9:06am:
Thanks Equitist.

It looks daunting.

If you have about 30 minutes spare, you can always try the call centre. I just got off there.   Grin

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #19 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 9:34am

Thanks Equitist.

It looks daunting.

No wuckers - and good luck with trying to dismantle all of that (bearing in mind that I gave up after posting less than half of it)!

Wink

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 10:34am

Equitist wrote on Sep 1st, 2010 at 9:34am:
Thanks Equitist.

It looks daunting.

No wuckers - and good luck with trying to dismantle all of that (bearing in mind that I gave up after posting less than half of it)!

Wink

It's deliberate so that no one can understand it.

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 10:46am

What Really cheese's me off.... (I'm with Optus but Im sure they all do it now.)
With Pre-paid a $30.00 credit only lasts a month.  To me thats more  like a  $30.00 a month PLAN !

That is ( or they are ) so sleezy. Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #22 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 11:07am

Quote:
With Pre-paid a $30.00 credit only lasts a month.  To me thats more  like a  $30.00 a month PLAN !

The Telstra ones last 12 months despite saying only a month or two.
Which is just as well as there's no mobile coverage in this area so the times I get to use the phone are few and far between.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #23 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 1:43pm

Life_goes_on wrote on Sep 1st, 2010 at 11:07am:
Quote:
With Pre-paid a $30.00 credit only lasts a month.  To me thats more  like a  $30.00 a month PLAN !

The Telstra ones last 12 months despite saying only a month or two.
Which is just as well as there's no mobile coverage in this area so the times I get to use the phone are few and far between.

Prepaid is deliberately more expensive. They want to lock you in to a contract.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 8:13pm

Equitist
Quote:
'yes' Time: Only applies to calls made and received within Australia and made between 8pm and midnight every night. Applies to calls from one Optus Mobile Digital customer to another (on the Optus GSM network), for no charge for the first 20 minutes per call, after which standard mobile rates of your eligible plan apply. 'yes' Time may expire or be withdrawn at any time. If you select the yes time option, you will not receive the other calling offers available to this plan.

You've found it.
I couldn't find any free Yes time calls on my internet bill.
I'm sure some of them were after 8pm.
I'll have to revisit my account.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #25 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 12:09am

Mobile phone services have gone crazy in the last 3 months.

I don't know if this is true but I've heard of people with
GPS on their phone who are charged to use it.
GPS is a free service that you can pick up via satelite from a GPS device available from  - say - Dick Smiths.
Is it true that mobile phone companies are charging for it when they don't own it?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print