Re: the burqa in court
Reply #166 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 8:54pm

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #167 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 8:55pm

... wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 6:23pm:
We have allowed her the freedom to wear her burqa for the past 20 years, and now we are taking away that freedom.

That's a pretty big deal if you ask me.

ONLY in the courtroom.  I wouldn't even be allowed to wear a baseball cap in court, and that doesn't even cover my face.   If it had have gone the other way, it would have set a precedent that your personal prefrences take precedence over our legal system.  Just think of the chaos that would create.  Nowt to do with bigotry or racism. [/quote]

Just so.

Vanessa, I am amazed. A fat ranga rock chick defending the notion of disguising one's face in a court of law, thinking it possible only as a racist impulse to treat everyone as equal before the law. I wish you a year in Saudi Arabia.

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #168 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 9:09pm

hello

IP Logged

cockneydoll

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 9:12pm

Soren wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 8:55pm:
... wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 6:23pm:
We have allowed her the freedom to wear her burqa for the past 20 years, and now we are taking away that freedom.

That's a pretty big deal if you ask me.

Well said

I will try another with a link.  This Power Point Pres, needs to be seen.

ONLY in the courtroom.  I wouldn't even be allowed to wear a baseball cap in court, and that doesn't even cover my face.   If it had have gone the other way, it would have set a precedent that your personal prefrences take precedence over our legal system.  Just think of the chaos that would create.  Nowt to do with bigotry or racism.

Just so.

Vanessa, I am amazed. A fat ranga rock chick defending the notion of disguising one's face in a court of law, thinking it possible only as a racist impulse to treat everyone as equal before the law. I wish you a year in Saudi Arabia.

[/quote]

IP Logged

cockneydoll

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 9:35pm

This is from ACA if it works, otherwsie I will post the link

IP Logged

cockneydoll

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Aug 19th, 2010 at 9:37pm

Sorry it din't the other was still on the clipboard, This explains why a person CANNOT have a covered face in court

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7947791

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #172 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 12:39am

I was walking along Bondi Beach with some 'fellas'.
Upon our conservative right, were women attired in the Burqa.
Upon our radical left, were women attired in g-string swimsuits.

Now ask yourself this: What group of women would arouse 'sexual interest' in the group of males? Also, which group of women would be harrased, due to this sexual interest? Also, which group of women would suffer the consequence of 'sexually inferior males' who are unable to control such an inferiority?

Now consider this. Back in the 'old days' (when the Christian Religion crushed all empowerment of a Medical Europe in the the name of 'saving' people), population control was a issue many times in many places during many empires ....especially empires that feared being out-bred by its slaves. The Islamic Religion brought into effect a form of CONTRACEPTION. Sure it is kinda primitive, if not a bit backward, in this day and age. But for the people back then, wearing a Burqa was a PREVENTION that was better than a CURE. It is also a very practical attire for the environmental conditions of that area.
I find it hypocritical that nations with the highest divorce rate in the world and whose children seem to be having 'sexuality' problems, condemn other cultures and nations about how they treat women. I think Western Women are too CAREER minded to bother about taking the raising of children seriously for all but a whim and probably explains why they aren't increasing in population (especially in Australia). Maybe its the slow sterilisation of each generation with the use of the PILL and its side-effects, along with high levels of drug and alcohol use in the name of retarded off-spring with all sorts of defficiencies. Maybe its because Western Women just don't know how to give birth properly (on back with legs up) and thus need so many cesearians like 'alien' expulsions?

The Burqa? Well I guess Religion has a lot to hide, just like the CIA has for Politics?
The Burqa in Australia? I think the covering of the face is a bit too much, much like a beer too many and one is vomiting in the gutter. Other than this, I think the rest of the attire is pretty cool, especially in a nation full of melanomas.

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #173 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 10:16am

cockneydoll wrote on Aug 19th, 2010 at 9:37pm:
Sorry it din't the other was still on the clipboard, This explains why a person CANNOT have a covered face in court

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7947791

"Get real, love, and get on board, this is Australia."

Get real. That's the message to the cultural separatists.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #174 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 7:12pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Aug 20th, 2010 at 12:39am:
The Islamic Religion brought into effect a form of CONTRACEPTION. Sure it is kinda primitive, if not a bit backward, in this day and age. But for the people back then, wearing a Burqa was a PREVENTION that was better than a CURE. It is also a very practical attire for the environmental conditions of that area.

I think you've got that backwards. In practice it and other Islamic policies would have the opposite effect.

The aborigines practiced infanticide as birth control. I think it was common in the Roman empire before Christianity.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cockneydoll

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 7:47pm

freediver wrote on Aug 20th, 2010 at 7:12pm:
It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Aug 20th, 2010 at 12:39am:
The Islamic Religion brought into effect a form of CONTRACEPTION. Sure it is kinda primitive, if not a bit backward, in this day and age. But for the people back then, wearing a Burqa was a PREVENTION that was better than a CURE. It is also a very practical attire for the environmental conditions of that area.

I think you've got that backwards. In practice it and other Islamic policies would have the opposite effect.

The aborigines practiced infanticide as birth control. I think it was common in the Roman empire before Christianity.

The Inuit did too. They used to put new born babies out on the ice

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #176 - Aug 20th, 2010 at 10:50pm

Like I said then, thank Allah for the Burqa as a Prevention, rather than such a terrible act of infanticide, as the Cure.

I never leave valuables exposed in my vehicle. Those that do, be it a 5 cent peice or a pair of sunglasses, have given reason for their car to be broken into.
I think a lot of Western Women, over expose themselves and thus are treated in ways that eventually lead to Rape sometimes (not all the time). Some women, use it as a weapon and reap $37 million dollars from some poor DJ Boss who didn't have the appropriate protection ...and I'm not talking about a condom. Wink

Like I said, the Burqa has its primitive justification back in those days, over there. These days, over here - I still think it has a future and not just for Moslem women, let alone Religious women. It just intrudes upon the Right for Identity which has nothing to do with protecting the Sexuality of the women.
I think Islamic Australians will step up to the challenge and walk with the rest of us into our Australian future. Sadly, I can't see the Burqa lasting the distance, but I can see the Islamic women leading the Australian Fashion scene and industry for the better of us all in our unique appearance in the world.

Now excuse me while I lay down my beach towel on Bondi Beach next to a Moslem who is praying to Allah above on his prayer rug. Unlike me though, he covers up in cloth - where I just cover myself in some sort of chemical spoof. Ah, the One God above. Roll Eyes

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #177 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 8:52am

Quote:
Like I said then, thank Allah for the Burqa as a Prevention, rather than such a terrible act of infanticide, as the Cure.

It is not designed to reduce the birth rate. It increases it.

Do bikinis make women have more children or fewer? Make a woman a slave to men and she becomes a sex slave and a baby factory. Free them and educate them and they choose how many kids to have.

A burqa is not supposed to stop women having sex. It is designed to stop them having sex without permission from whoever ownes them.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #178 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 9:02am

freediver wrote on Aug 21st, 2010 at 8:52am:
Quote:

It is not designed to reduce the birth rate. It increases it.

Do bikinis make women have more children or fewer? Make a woman a slave to men and she becomes a sex slave and a baby factory. Free them and educate them and they choose how many kids to have.

A burqa is not supposed to stop women having sex. It is designed to stop them having sex without permission from whoever ownes them.

Don`t forget the main reason for the burqa. There is a lot of power in being able to creep around unrecognised.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #179 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 9:22am

Not if everyone else can do it to.

There is not much power in not having that choice (ie for the women). That is the point.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print