Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What a crap religion Islam must be . . . (Read 9496 times)
Darwin
Gold Member

Australian Politics

What a crap religion Islam must be . . .
Aug 4th, 2010 at 10:10am

. . . if they have to force peple to follow it:
Quote:
Veiled police smash 80,000 beer bottles

Posted 2 hours 50 minutes ago

Islamic police have smashed 80,000 bottles of beer in the Nigerian city of Kano, enforcing a sharia law ban on consumption of alcohol that exists in much of the country's north.

More than 12 veiled female sharia police, called Hisbah, destroyed the beer bottles with sticks amid shouts of "Allahu Akbar" - God is great - on the outskirts of the northern city in a ceremony.

The ceremony was attended by government officials as part of "efforts to rid the state of immorality," Kano state Hisbah chief Saidu Dukawa said.

Kano city is the capital of the state by the same name.

"The sale and consumption of alcohol, like all forms of drugs and intoxicants, is illegal in Kano state, which practices sharia law and by this event we are enforcing that ban," Dr Dukawa said.

Thirteen trucks brought the bottles of beer to the venue.

The alcohol had been seized at the weekend by sharia police as the bottles were being delivered to the city from the mainly Christian south, where most of the country's breweries are located.

Although the sale and consumption of alcohol is banned in Kano state, beer trucks find their way to taverns in the predominantly Christian Sabongari neighbourhood, which is practically exempt from sharia law.

Since 1999, when Nigeria returned to civilian rule after years of military dictatorship, around 12 states in the predominantly Muslim north have reintroduced Islamic sharia law, though it has been selectively applied in many cases.

(ABC website)

Such a great religion, the Isamic abomination, they have to force people to follow it!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: What a crap religion Islam must be . . .
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 10:26am

Hi Darwin,
though I agree with your statement I feel this more belongs in the "extremism exposed" forum.

It is much more extreme than spiritual.
Well, it is not spititual at all.

Take care

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 10:29am

Done Sprint, you are right, it is not terribly spiritual destroying people's property whilst you tell them how they have to live their lives.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 11:47am

I don't defend one religion over any other, but hey - It's Northern Nigeria, folks. It's a bit like saying that Christianity is crap because of what the LRA did in Uganda.

Sub-Saharan Africa is a crappy place, although I still have some great friends there. I've been there and I can testify to that fact. It doesn't matter whether they are Christians, Muslims or Animists. They do some pretty insane things.

Northern Nigeria is actually the epicentre of the terrestrial anus.

If you want a different Muslim attitude to grog (which none of our resident Muslims will tell you about), just have a beer at Ned Kelly's bar in Dubai, or sit sipping Heineken al fresco in the Plaza at İzmir, Turkey while you listen to the odd plaintiff call to prayer from the Minarets as the sun goes down and the oily looking hookers start to emerge next to the major hotels.  

Indonesia is much the same.  From memory, their beer is quite good, as is Malaysian beer.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 2:16pm

Impeccably multicultural and cosmopolitan - except you won't find Christians and Animists smashing you beer on account of it being against their religion. Not even in Nigeria, the epicentre of the anus of the world (for the benefit of our more genteel audience - is that like the middle of the hole in the donut?)

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #5 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 2:29pm

Soren wrote on Aug 4th, 2010 at 2:16pm:
(for the benefit of our more genteel audience - is that like the middle of the hole in the donut?)

Well epicentres are associated with earthquakes, so if you imagine the hole in the doughnut together with an  overtone of flatulence, you get the general idea.

In other parts of the world you don't get Christians ritually killing children either. Animists do it too.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/01/29/uk.ritual/?related?related

Quote:
The author…concluded that belief in possession, witchcraft and exorcism was widespread in the UK and around the world, in African churches which had been influenced by evangelical Christianity, in Anglican churches in the UK but also in other religions which involved a belief in good and evil.

- and I'm not being totally squeaky clean. There are parts of Africa that I would not go back to for any sum of money. Sub-Saharan African versions of Christianity and Islam are very different to other versions.

In Guinea, sex is regarded pretty well in the same light as shaking hands from the early teen years upwards. The actual religion that people follow has no effect on that or any other practice. In most parts of Subsaharan africa, it's the same - and that includes 'Born Again' Ghana,  Muslim Senegal and largely Animist Togo.

Environmental management means -  if it moves, eat it, if it's a chemical, dump it anywhere or burn it.  Oh they have an EPA in most of these countries of course. Some of their officers even venture out from the cities and make appropriate tutting sounds, write copious notes then head back to their offices never to be seen again unless there is some Western money involved.
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2010 at 2:57pm by muso »  

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2010 at 7:08pm

This has gotta be a joke right????

Christian countries regularly destroy illegal marijuana... and I very much doubt any of you would consider it to be the exact same thing.

The idea that substances are controlled and forbidden and are destroyed when confiscated is certainly not peculiar to Islamic societies, and btw, the Nigerian ruler is a Christian.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 1:44pm

Quote:
For women in Indonesia, simply removing a headscarf can be a life-changing act. Courtney Trenwith met one woman who did just that.

Yolanda Nursanty was fleeing a violent student protest, with the Indonesian riot police hot on her heels, when she did what no conservative Muslim woman was supposed to do.

She publicly removed her jilbab, the Islamic headscarf.

As leader of the swelling rally that had turned bloody and uncontrollable, she faced a jail term and possible beating if the police, brandishing metal batons and riot shields, identified her.

Hiding in the toilet of a mosque, Yolanda desperately needed a disguise; removing her headscarf was about the only option available to her.

It saved her - she was never caught.

Nine years on, Yolanda continues to hide from her past as secretary of the national labor movement, including changing her name...........

the horror of it - removing her "letterbox lady" outfit !!!!!!!!

ain't nothing spiritual in islam

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:01pm

covering one's beauty is indeed a spiritual act.

being a miserable, hateful, pathetic little toad certainly isn't that spiritual, so you'd wanna cut down on that first I think.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:43pm

uhuh, and having 4 wives is a spiritual act ?
what about beating them when they won't lay down and spread their legs for you after 4 days, that spiritual too?

killing those that leave your perverse belief system, that spiritual too ??

thanks abu, you have clearly portrayed islam here for all to see.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 3:05pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:43pm:
what about beating them when they won't lay down and spread their legs for you after 4 days, that spiritual too?

Yes, my friend, it is spiritual act. But I know you will spread wide so no problem.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #11 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 3:08pm

Quote:

For the one who is man enough to take care of them, yes.

Quote:
what about beating them

You (and a few other dead-heads) keep repeating this charge, yet I don't see a lot of evidence. But I do see mountains of evidence that women in Western/Christian societies suffer a lot of abuse due to their alcohol and/or drug fuelled 'partners' having very little respect for women other than as commodities that can be used and abused, sold and flashed around.

Quote:

All societies have treason laws... nothing out of the ordinary there.

Quote:

About all you've portrayed is how much of a goon you are.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 3:18pm

Soren wrote on Aug 4th, 2010 at 2:16pm:
Impeccably multicultural and cosmopolitan - except you won't find Christians and Animists smashing you beer on account of it being against their religion.

No - the Christians tend to hammer nails in the heads of children they believe to be witches.

Of course, they have much respect for private property.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 8:30am

abuthedeciever

Quote:
For the one who is man enough to take care of them, yes.

what about for the 3 men who have no wife to share thier life with ?
or the 2 women who get 1/4 a man to "share" ?

Quote:
what about beating them

You (and a few other dead-heads) keep repeating this charge, yet I don't see a lot of evidence. But I do see mountains of evidence that women in Western/Christian societies suffer a lot of abuse due to their alcohol and/or drug fuelled 'partners' having very little respect for women other than as commodities that can be used and abused, sold and flashed around.

beating your wife is in the koran.
in western society that sort of thing is illegal.
muslims are the biggest slave traders.

Quote:

so it'ld be ok to murder anyone who wants to leave aussie then ?

Quote:

About all you've portrayed is how much of a goon you are.

better the goon I am than an intolerant violentlly inclined religionutjob who blindly follows the rantings of a sexaddict

karnal Quote:
No - the Christians tend to hammer nails in the heads of children they believe to be witches.

Of course, they have much respect for private property.

sorry, I can't find that in the bible, nor have I ever been invited to a head hammering of suspected witches.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 10:37am

abu_rashid wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 3:08pm:
Quote:

An excellent demonstration of Islam's political nature.
It is a political system with a mish-mash of religious parody smeared on top. No cherry.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print