Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
President Hugo Chevez To Visit Australia (Read 3237 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
President Hugo Chevez To Visit Australia
Jul 31st, 2010 at 7:15am

An invitation sent to Hugo Chavez (and twitter followers) via spanish language twitter ...

¿Hola población de Venezuela, presidente Hugo Chavez visitaría Australia si el gobierno australiano le invitó?

Para traducir español al inglés
http://au.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

_/_/_/

english :
Hello People Of Venezuela, Would Your President Hugo Chavez Visit Australia if He Was Invited By The Australian Government?

_/_/_/

Could Australians embrace a visit from Hugo Chavez ... and should Australia have a closer relationship with Central / South America ?

Could Abbott or Gillard Host Hugo Chavez without an international incident?

IP Logged

BobH

Re: President Hugo Chevez To Visit Australia
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2010 at 3:52pm

I know the Greens have a deep love for South American dictators, but whoever is the Prime Minister at the time, whether it be Abbott or Gillard, would do well not to welcome him with open arms. What's he got to offer? Besides oil.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #2 - Jul 31st, 2010 at 3:58pm

How about the Chinese President, Hu Jintao ... or the Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev ... or any other leader.

Don't tell me you're an isolationist Bob

p.s What's the LDP stand for?

IP Logged

BobH

Reply #3 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 12:20am

I'm not an isolationist. I support trade with Venezuela and all countries of the world. I just don't our Prime Minister being buddies with a South American dictator is good publicity.

LDP stands for Liberal Democratic Party.

oh wait, did you mean "what do the initials stand for?" or "what does the Liberal Democratic Party stand for?"

Our name really represents what we stand for. Just like "The Greens" describes what they stand for. We believe in a liberal democracy. A democratic government with a very liberal approach to governing. So basically, a free society with a free market. Very little rules and regulations. We'd like the government to enforce basic rule of law (punish murderers, rapists, thieves and frauds) but apart from that, just sit back and drink tea and let us do basically whatever we want to.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2010 at 12:25am by BobH »  

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 6:32am

BobH wrote on Aug 1st, 2010 at 12:20am:
I'm not an isolationist. I support trade with Venezuela and all countries of the world. I just don't our Prime Minister being buddies with a South American dictator is good publicity.

LDP stands for Liberal Democratic Party.

oh wait, did you mean "what do the initials stand for?" or "what does the Liberal Democratic Party stand for?"

Our name really represents what we stand for. Just like "The Greens" describes what they stand for. We believe in a liberal democracy. A democratic government with a very liberal approach to governing. So basically, a free society with a free market. Very little rules and regulations. We'd like the government to enforce basic rule of law (punish murderers, rapists, thieves and frauds) but apart from that, just sit back and drink tea and let us do basically whatever we want to.

Now there's a party I can support.  Smiley

I friggen can't stand the facist scumbags of the greens, liberal and labor parties, prolly one of the main reasons I don't vote.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 7:42am

bob hunter<<What's he got to offer? Besides oil. >>

That says it all. He's got more to offer than you would ever understand.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2010 at 12:27pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Aug 1st, 2010 at 7:42am:
bob hunter<<What's he got to offer? Besides oil. >>

That says it all. He's got more to offer than you would ever understand.

Then why dont you tell us what he has to offer us, you brainless twit!

The man has all but destroyed his economy, nationalised industry, removed basic freedoms including freedom of speech and the right to political opposition. he has NOTHING to teach us other than to value the men and women we have elected as our representatives, the worst of which would be a star compared to this common thug and dictator.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2023 at 2:51pm

ok

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print