Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Would Tony Abbott do what's best for Australia ?

Yes    
  22 (57.9%)
Unsure    
  1 (2.6%)
No    
  15 (39.5%)

Total votes: 38
« Created by: Sprintcyclist on: Jul 30th, 2010 at 11:02pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 21
Send Topic Print
I hate Abbott (Read 36055 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
I hate Abbott
Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:28pm

And one let fly here too.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Terrific Tony Awesome Abbott
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:08pm

Quote:
............The Bombers decided their Sydney visitor needed a little coaching in the southern code and nominated no less than team captain Jobe Watson to put the Opposition Leader through his paces.

Abbott proved a fast learner at the art of handballing, fluffed his first and only kick but couldn't contain himself when Watson showed him how to bounce the ball. The Opposition Leader took off across the club's gym, bouncing the Sherrin with the sort of glee rarely witnessed on this campaign trail. Perhaps it was the secret delight of venturing unbidden into Labor territory. Essendon is in the seat of Maribyrnong held comfortably by Labor's Bill Shorten, who enjoys a margin of 15.9 per cent. The only link Abbott might claim with Maribyrnong is that the seat has the highest concentration of Catholics in Australia - more than 44 per cent, according to the census - and that former colleague Peter Costello was once Essendon's No. 1 ticket holder. These days, Labor's Lindsay Tanner holds the No.1 ticket.

Abbott's visit to Windy Hill was ostensibly to discuss the team's indigenous player policy. A spokesman said it was a subject dear to his heart, though he gave no press conference to discuss it............

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opinion/politics/rugby-man-abbott-puts-himself-i...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Terrific Tony Awesome Abbott
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:15pm

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:19pm

It's obvious Abbott prefers his sports to being opposition leader. I'm betting he's praying he loses. He looks happier on his bike than he does when he's politicking.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:20pm

mantra wrote on Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:19pm:
It's obvious Abbott prefers his sports to being opposition leader. I'm betting he's praying he loses.

I know I am, and I'm a smacking atheist.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Verge
Ex Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:23pm

mantra wrote on Jul 30th, 2010 at 3:19pm:
It's obvious Abbott prefers his sports to being opposition leader. I'm betting he's praying he loses. He looks happier on his bike than he does when he's politicking.

Im happier tinkering in my shed that at work too.  What is your point exactly?

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Abbott to Target Dole Bludgers
Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:11am

EVERYONE on the dole could have half their payments quarantined for spending on essentials if the coalition wins the election.

Opposition leader Tony Abbott says he would like to extend an existing scheme under which the federal government quarantines welfare payments to people in the Northern Territory.

Half of each payment is set aside for food, rent and other essentials; the money cannot be used for alcohol, gambling or cigarettes.

The scheme was originally brought in for the NT's indigenous communities and is now being extended to cover up to 20,000 Territorians.

Mr Abbott says if the scheme is good for the NT, it's good for the country.

"If it's right and just in the Territory ... why not elsewhere?" he said in a speech to the Sydney Institute.

"It should produce a better life for long-term unemployed people," he said, adding that it would also reassure taxpayers that welfare payments were being put to good use.

Mr Abbott said if he won power at the August 21 election, the coalition would review the NT scheme in July next year with an eye to extending it, possibly to more regions or possibly "more generally, right across Australia".

This was the type of reform that "real economic conservatives" should engage in, Mr Abbott told the audience of about 200 people at a Sydney hotel.

His dole quarantining proposal is likely to be unpopular with some social and welfare groups who argue the NT scheme is paternalistic, doesn't work, and takes away people's right to control their finances.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/abbott-wants-dole-clampdown/story-e6frfku0-...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Re: Abbott to Target Dole Bludgers
Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:17am

He is a real a'hole.
They do this all the time . Target the poor whilst feeding the rich. Sickening . I think this is one of the lowest policies one could do.

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:20am

Will he send them to the mines also. Especially now when mine workers are striking-  he can then also help OUT his mining boss mates...like Palmer.

IP Logged

iamtheman012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:22am

Quote:
He is a real a'hole.
They do this all the time . Target the poor whilst feeding the rich. Sickening . I think this is one of the lowest policies one could do.

Careful Buzz, Skippy will have a go at you for not using the 'quote' feature.

Yeah i think this is pushing it a bit; there are far too many variables with this policy. Perhaps it should be restricted to known offenders and those registered on the DOCS database?

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:22am

The Liberals have also considered National Service for those who are unemployed. Israel has compulsory National Service once you reach 18, so we will eventually follow in their footsteps if the coalition are voted back in.

Besides - Afghanistan and Iraq need cannon fodder and who better to use than the unemployed.

Vote 1 for the Liberals if you or your kids want to be used for target practise.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:23am

i don't think his idea has merit here.
they are already spending 1/2 ther money (and more) on essentials.
it'ld just be more govt.

send them to the mines, sure.

IP Logged

iamtheman012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:24am

Quote:
He is a real a'hole.

Vege do you feel the same way about the Gillard government and the NT ALP government who already partake in the practise?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #13 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:24am

They claim to be a Liberal party?

Also funny how the Liberals take every opportunity to attack the unemployed and blame them for all of the worlds problems.

I would think that there may be some real issues that they could look at.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #14 - Jul 30th, 2010 at 10:29am

Abbott to Target Dole Bludgers:

I doubt that anyone would have a problem with this attitude the problem is that the title is incorrect - The target is the unemployed where about 98% are not dole bludgers.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 21
Send Topic Print