Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A Good Read - Men who Kill (Read 8402 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: A Good Read - Men who Kill
Reply #15 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 6:17am

Arent galahs protected species?

BTW for those that dont want to go out and kill (or who arent allowed a gun like several here i expect) you can buy organic meats - just look around.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

magpie

"You're good.. You're
very good.."

Reply #16 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 6:34am

freediver wrote on Oct 8th, 2012 at 9:45pm:
Why would I make that up?

k, you didn't make the event up, I'm sure you guys are quite happy to play with sharks, snakes that hang around reefs, look for and play with 10 metre octopi.
But the timing ("the last time.."), well, that's what I find to be too convenient. in context 'when' is probably not that important.
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2012 at 7:23am by magpie »  

”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 10:48pm

Well if the shark hadn't started harassing me I probably would have shot some more fish. It was starting to look like a great day until it turned up. So it isn't exactly a coincidence that it was just after the last fish I shot. It certainly wouldn't have been just before.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #18 - Dec 9th, 2012 at 2:37am

Nothing wrong with Hunting, its just that Hunters now have to take responsibility for what they hunt.
That is - will it result in extinction.
There was a stupid chap in NZ who speared a Queensland Groper (in NZ) on scuba - both were legal as spearing on scuba is legal and so is the QG ...but the outrage was that it embarressed the Spearfishing Industry because the Groper is a known 'RARE' species. The guy I think has left the country.

This is where HUNTING must walk hand in hand with CONSERVATION and is why I often say that the Militaries of the world should be looking after 'animals' with their fellow Greenies - rather than Politics.

So know your animal: is it rare, is it of proper size, is it with calf, etc, etc.
If Hunters were more 'conservative' then there would still be many great beasts alive to be hunted for both wonderful taste and thrill of the challenge.

...though I think hunting animals with projectile weapons is a bit 'gay' (gutless) to be honest. The blade is what a real man is made (of).

And as someone who has worked in a Hatchery for some big American company that does MASS production of poultry ...yep, nothing like hunting real Quail. 75% of MP poultry is hatched as defective: neurotic problems, retardation, deformaties, don't hatch at all (rotten).

Strict 'social' hunting clubs is what is needed and education - not just for the smart ones either.

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #19 - Feb 16th, 2014 at 5:41pm

Magpies are rarely shot as they are not game birds; it is said that the magpie is poo.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #20 - Feb 17th, 2014 at 3:53pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Feb 16th, 2014 at 5:41pm:
Magpies are rarely shot as they are not game birds; it is said that the magpie is poo.

No, but they should be shot, and have been at various times because they are a pest species.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print