Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
'It's normal' to let kids wander at night (Read 3620 times)
aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 'It's normal' to let kids wander at night
Reply #30 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 12:54pm

Soren wrote on Aug 1st, 2010 at 9:07pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 31st, 2010 at 7:07pm:
Quote:
No child should be wandering the streets late at night, particularly someone under 10 or 12.

Why not? Because the streets are too dangerous for the child, or the child is too dangerous for the streets? This is like saying women should not be allowed out at night in case they get raped.

Queensland personified?
FD, sometimes I think you are Queensland personified. With due respect.

WHen you  stumble of some notion remotely associated with 'personal freedom' you go completely bonkers. Aboriginal kids roaming freely at night are bad news. Bad for everyone who crosses their paths and bad for them, these juveniles, because early criminality is an easy way to a ruined life.
ARe you going to argue with that on some po-faced civil liberty angle?

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: 'It's normal' to let kids wander at night
Reply #31 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 12:57pm

Soren wrote on Aug 1st, 2010 at 9:07pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 31st, 2010 at 7:07pm:
Quote:
No child should be wandering the streets late at night, particularly someone under 10 or 12.

Why not? Because the streets are too dangerous for the child, or the child is too dangerous for the streets? This is like saying women should not be allowed out at night in case they get raped.

FD, sometimes I think you are Queensland personified. With due respect.

WHen you  stumble of some notion remotely associated with 'personal freedom' you go completely bonkers. Aboriginal kids roaming freely at night are bad news. Bad for everyone who crosses their paths and bad for them, these juveniles, because early criminality is an easy way to a ruined life.
ARe you going to argue with that on some po-faced civil liberty angle?

Soren, I stuffed up my last post. I meant to question the term "Queensland personified".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print