Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: If the election was held today, who would you vote for?

Thank you for voting in this poll.
(The results however will remain hidden until all the votes have been counted.)

Total votes: 13
« Last Modified by: Matt on: Jul 26th, 2010 at 3:39pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Election 2010: Capaign Week one Poll (Read 720 times)
Matt

Australian Conservative
Centrist

Just Right of The Middle
Election 2010: Capaign Week one Poll
Jul 26th, 2010 at 3:38pm

One week of the campaign down.

Where are you leaning so far?

Apart from more than likely giving number one preference to the Democrats in a below-the-line Senate ballot, I personally am no where near having reached a decision.

Matt  
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Election 2010: Capaign Week one Poll
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 6:12pm

I'm torn between greens an independent or informal.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2010 at 6:29pm

Well I may vote Labor, or Greens, and if Turnbull had stayed on, I would have considered voting Liberal for the first time in my life, because my local member is Liberal, and a nice chap, who is far from the extremists in positions of power at the top of his party.

I must admit to liking many of the Greens policies, whilst also recognising their impracticality on some issues.

I also would like to see Gillard get a chance to do something of value as Australia's first female PM, and not just see her dumped after a few weeks in favour of Abbott, a man whose personal ideologies are almost diametrically opposed to my own.

So while I may be undecided who I will put at the top, I have a pretty good idea who I will be putting down the bottom.

While I hold the same concerns as many other aussies over the boat refugees coming in, I do not wish to return to the Howard deterrent of locking whole families in maximum security jails in the middle of the desert for years, to be brought back in as the Liberal solution, by Abbott, as that is just cruel, and unaustralian.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

White Dove

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2010 at 6:57pm

mozzaok wrote on Jul 26th, 2010 at 6:29pm:
Well I may vote Labor, or Greens, and if Turnbull had stayed on, I would have considered voting Liberal for the first time in my life, because my local member is Liberal, and a nice chap, who is far from the extremists in positions of power at the top of his party.

Want a tip, Mozz?  If your local Member is doing a good job, why would you vote him OUT? That applies to both ALP, Coalition and Greens.  This is NOT a vote about Gillard -v- Abbot although the MSM is trying to do that. This Election is for the good of Australia!

Quote:
I must admit to liking many of the Greens policies, whilst also recognising their impracticality on some issues.

What policies do the Greens have?  They can NEVER EVER be in a position to become the ruling Party so why would you vote for them? To block stuff in the Senate?

Quote:
I also would like to see Gillard get a chance to do something of value as Australia's first female PM, and not just see her dumped after a few weeks in favour of Abbott, a man whose personal ideologies are almost diametrically opposed to my own.

Julia Gillard is NOT the sort of female I could be proud of as our First Female Prime Minister.  Firstly, her background is suspect to say the least.   She is still attached to the Communist Party via some Fabian Society that she is a paid up Member of.  She also has been implicated with her 2 year "affair" with Craig Emerson (2002-2004/5), whereby she broke up that marriage which involved 3 children under 14.

Quote:
So while I may be undecided who I will put at the top, I have a pretty good idea who I will be putting down the bottom.

Cheesy

Quote:
While I hold the same concerns as many other aussies over the boat refugees coming in, I do not wish to return to the Howard deterrent of locking whole families in maximum security jails in the middle of the desert for years, to be brought back in as the Liberal solution, by Abbott, as that is just cruel, and unaustralian.

Do you understand the term Asylum seekers?  Those folk who are in the midst of a local WAR and could be shot for just being there?  People in far off places where there is only sand, dust and American Marines and the odd Aussie soldier? Afghanistan is a dangerous place for our Aussies. Bring them Home!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print