Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hanif tells Aussie Muslims to 'shun democracy' (Read 2253 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Hanif tells Aussie Muslims to 'shun democracy'
Jul 7th, 2010 at 7:11pm

Islamist leader Burhan Hanif tells Aussie Muslims to 'shun democracy'

http://www.news.com.au/national/islamist-leader-burhan-hanif-tells-aussie-muslims-told-to-shun-democracy/story-e6frfkvr-1225887784755

* Australia a 'Godforsaken country' - group
    * Secular democracy is 'un-Islamic'
    * Islamic group's presence sparks protest

LEADERS of the global Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir have called on Australian Muslims to spurn secular democracy and Western notions of moderate Islam and join the struggle for a transnational Islamic state.

British Hizb ut-Tahrir leader Burhan Hanif told participants at a conference in western Sydney yesterday that democracy is "haram" (forbidden) for Muslims, whose political engagement should be be based purely on Islamic law.

"We must adhere to Islam and Islam alone," Mr Hanif told about 500 participants attending the convention in Lidcombe.

"We should not be conned or succumb to the disingenuous and flawed narrative that the only way to engage politically is through the secular democratic process. It is prohibited and haram."

He said democracy was incompatible with Islam because the Koran insisted Allah was the sole lawmaker, and Muslim political involvement could not be based on "secular and erroneous concepts such as democracy and freedom".

His view was echoed by an Australian HT official, Wassim Dourehi, who told the conference Muslims should not support "any kafir (non-believer) political party", because humans have no right to make laws.

Mr Dourehi also urged Muslims to spurn the concept of moderate Islam promoted by governments in the West, including in "this godforsaken country" of Australia.

"We need to reject this new secular version of Islam," he said. "It is a perverted concoction of Western governments.

"It is a perversion that seeks to wipe away the political aspects of Islam and localise our concerns. We must reject it and challenge the proponents of this aberration of Islam."

The conference, which followed the theme The struggle for Islam in the West' was the first major event held by the Australian branch of HT since a seminar in 2007 which coincided with calls for the group to be banned.

HT is outlawed in much of the Middle East but operates legally in more than 40 countries, campaigning for the establishment of a caliphate or Islamic state.

HT's platform rejects the use of violence in its quest for an Islamic state, but supports the military destruction of Israel.

But the group's presence sparked angry protests outside as members of the Australian Protectionist Party (APP) yelled anti-Islam chants.

The APP met in a small park to express their need to "protect" the Australian way of life.

Conflict between the APP and HT amounted to an exchange of words, anti-Islam chants and the occasional drive-by of young Muslim men yelling obscenities from their car at the APP protesters.

One passer-by, a young Muslim man, yelled at the APP group: "You people have absolutely no idea", sparking a fiery exchange of accusations and finger-pointing.

Nick Folkes, the Sydney organiser for the APP, believes that the HT should be banned in Australia and thinks that practising sharia law should be illegal in Australia.

"Sharia law is an archaic legal system that treats woman as second-class citizens," he said.

"We're not asking them to change their skin colour or religion. But if they come here, they must reject sharia law."

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Hizb Ut-Tahrir spokesman Uthman Badar
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 7:17pm

Apparently this is an interesting video, in that Uthman Badar refuses to answer some very simple questions. Unfortunately I can't find a transcript. Anyone know how to get one?

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/investigations/6913673/hizb-ut-tahrir-spokesman-uthman-badar

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Re: Hanif tells Aussie Muslims to 'shun democracy'
Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 7:40pm

I don't know how to find a transcript but I watched the video and felt like poking him in the eye.

Quote:
Muslims should not support "any kafir (non-believer) political party", because humans have no right to make laws.

A lot of Shariah laws are man made and based on the interpretation of the Quran by scholars.

The whole thing is pretty stupid. I can understand a couple of Uthman Badar's points, but he has no idea how to present them in a way that doesn't make him come across as an extremist.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 7:41pm

Which is probably because the rest of his points are extreme.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 8:02pm

so annie the islamic apologetic,  Quote:
A lot of Shariah laws are man made and based on the interpretation of the Quran by scholars

this is typical of lying muslims.
you are implying the scholars have misinterpereted it ?

what poo. those madmen have studied it for decades and generations.
that's what it smacking says.

chuck all those front bottoms out of aussie

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 10:57am

Sprint, I hate to disappoint you while you're frothing at the mouth, but I'm not an 'Islamic apologetic', as you put it so articulately.

Do you seriously think every Islamic law is written in the Quran? Laws are made to address issues as the world changes. What are they if not man made?

Quote:
you are implying the scholars have misinterpereted it ?

Whether they've misinterpreted it or not is irrelevant to the point I was making. The laws that come from the interpretations are made by men.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 12:28pm

that's ok to interrupt my mouth frothing Smiley

every islamic law comes from well educated muslims extracted from the koran.
i can see the DIRECT link from the koran and the laws . can you?
koranic experts can.

nice ploy to blame humans and not the koran. But the laws come from mohs invented flawed koran.
it's the korans doing.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 1:43pm

LEADERS of the global Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir have called on Australian Muslims to spurn secular democracy and Western notions of moderate Islam and join the struggle for a transnational Islamic state.

I know this may sound simplistic but on the off chance someone who may know someone comes up from the Islamic board for a peek here goes
Don't believe in democracy
Don't believe in western man made laws
Want to live under Islamic rule
F*K off back to to the Middle East where you can do these things without upsetting 99% of the population.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 1:53pm

freediver wrote on Jul 7th, 2010 at 7:11pm:
He said democracy was incompatible with Islam because the Koran insisted Allah was the sole lawmaker, and Muslim political involvement could not be based on "secular and erroneous concepts such as democracy and freedom".

His view was echoed by an Australian HT official, Wassim Dourehi, who told the conference Muslims should not support "any kafir (non-believer) political party", because humans have no right to make laws.

I think a God that does not allow humans to either learn or develop their own understanding of ethics and morality to be a shameful and ammoral God. Making laws by itself does not make you a moral person and nor does it automatically determine your worth as a person.

People should do their best to treat fellow human beings with dignity and not rely on laws to prescribe to them what is right and wrong. Laws can actually be a barrier to justice. They are just a system specifying acceptable behaviour. Anybody who breaks a law is merely acting against a system intended to guide a society toward the goal of justice. The breaking of a law is not in itself an injustice.

Human beings should be able to make laws because justice is not as simple as making laws. The goal of justice and morality requires that all members of a society be motivated toward that goal and to be alert and vigilant for obstacles toward that goal. An important question may be whether people are not being sensitive enough to the plight and misfortunes of others?

To say that humans cannot make laws is to introduce a destructive barrier to justice and morality, which is the goal of most laws that people make. That was, as far as I know, the goal of Jewish law. Laws should be suggestive in nature, not an ultimatum.

I will give more credit to a God that allows and respects the human ability to make laws for its own benefit than one who thinks that humans are too stupid to look after their own dignity and needs a God to dictate to them what is right and wrong.

My suggestion to this Islamic religious leader: get your thinking and reasoning right about the purpose of God's laws and the rights of humans to find their own path to justice and morality.

freediver wrote on Jul 7th, 2010 at 7:11pm:
Nick Folkes, the Sydney organiser for the APP, believes that the HT should be banned in Australia and thinks that practising sharia law should be illegal in Australia.

"Sharia law is an archaic legal system that treats woman as second-class citizens," he said.

"We're not asking them to change their skin colour or religion. But if they come here, they must reject sharia law."

Isn't Shariah the same thing for Muslims as halacha is for Jews? Well, I hope so anyway.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:02pm

Put your foot back in your mouth sprint, all annie was saying was that the HT extremist was wrong in saying that all laws come from god, and man made laws must be rejected, as she pointed out, ALL laws are man made, even those ones which come from scholars interpreting the koran.

Islam is a bad religion, well at least "badder" than the others we have to deal with.
I remember Ned Flanders from The Simpsons saying, "I have followed every direction in the bible, even the directions that completely contradict the other directions."

The good folk use their religious books like poems, or songs, where they can find paragraphs, or lines, that resonate with them, and which they can incorporate into their daily lives and get a feeling of being devoted to their faith because of that.

There are other folk who willfully ignore the glaring inconsistencies and contradictions, and downright evil elements within their holy books, and irrationally claim them to be the wellspring of all truth and authority in the world, and they are called Nuts.

These guys from HT are perfect examples of why Islam can never be permitted to ever be anything but a small minority in any country, because as soon as they achieve a majority, in any land, they install Islamic Sharia Law, and all freedom is removed from their society, where clerics can then determine actual life and death decisions for all of the population.

The fact that so many muslims openly associate themselves with suchsubversive beliefs in free secular societies, is testament to how contemptuously they view us, and how happy they are to have the overly pc to champion their prejudiced ideas.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:10pm

Quote:
Put your foot back in your mouth sprint, all annie was saying was that the HT extremist was wrong in saying that all laws come from god, and man made laws must be rejected, as she pointed out, ALL laws are man made, even those ones which come from scholars interpreting the koran

Exactly. Thank you. I wasn't defending the man, more trying to point out the hypocrisy of his statement. But froth away, Sprint Smiley

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:45pm

tx mozzaok - we may take different paths, but end up at the same decision

Quote:
............These guys from HT are perfect examples of why Islam can never be permitted to ever be anything but a small minority in any country, because as soon as they achieve a majority, in any land, they install Islamic Sharia Law, and all freedom is removed from their society, where clerics can then determine actual life and death decisions for all of the population.

The fact that so many muslims openly associate themselves with suchsubversive beliefs in free secular societies, is testament to how contemptuously they view us, and how happy they are to have the overly pc to champion their prejudiced ideas. ............

anything but wanting islamics thrown out of aussie is hypocrisy annie

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #12 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 11:11pm

Dear Mr Hanif,
Please stick to the main themes of Islam like 'The Land' and 'Mathematics' (although you just write about it, rather than actually practice it like the Africans do ...did Sad) and stay away from such things as Politics/Law.
Sure, a lot of Australians would shun a Democracy too in favour of, say ...WWW.COMmunism  Grin 

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 10:56am

About the man-made or interpretted law - I think that the most objectionable parts of Shariah law are not interpretations but come unambiguously from Mohammed himself. The ones that require a lot of interpretation tend to be the more banal ones - imagine trying to interpret the Koran to determine what the speed limit should be.

Of course, you could argue that Mohammed was just reflecting the barbaric standards of the time, rather than writing them into law, but I think this is a bit difficult, as he did write them into law. It would certainly require a lot of 'interpretation', and wouldn't leave much behind to base the religion on.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 12:40pm

Except, of course, that Mohammed didn't write any of it. He didn't even dictate any of it. The Koran was written long after his death. It was dictated or written down by those who memorised what they heard from Mohammed or something they heard from a cousin/e who had heard it from Mohammed.
It was compiled by the third caliph. It is not in the order it was 'revealed' to Mohammed but in a completely arbitrary order, yet some muslims think it exists in heaven in its present form.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print