Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Most influential intellectuals in your life/ Works (Read 269 times)
aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Most influential intellectuals in your life/ Works
Jul 4th, 2010 at 7:36pm

Which intellectuals, thinkers, scientists, etc. have most profoundly impacted your present world view?

Theodore Dalrymple (doctor, psychologist, social commentator)

Basically created my conservatism. Showed me why the prevailing intellectual orthodoxy is nonsensical.

Works: countless articles on the City-Journal and his article compliation books such as Our Culture: What's Left of It and Life at the Bottom

Charles Murray (political scientist), Richard J Herrnstein (behavioral psychologist), Linda S. Gottfredson (psychologist)

Helped me understand the importance of the intelligence quotinent as a sociological variable, how social programs and educational institutions need to be rethought, pushed me in the direction of a racial consciousness.

Works: Countless university published articles, Real Education (Charles Murray), The Bell Curve (Herrnstein & Murray)

Steve Sailer (commentator on immigration, IQ)

Works: isteve internet blog

Jared Taylor (Journalist), Philippe J Rushton (scientist), Michael Levin (philosopher), E.O Wilson (biologist, scientist), John K Baker (scientist)

Developed my explicit racial consciousness, helped me further understand morphological and psychologial differences between human groups and what they mean.

Works: Countless academic articles, Why Race Matters (Michael Levin), Amren.com (Taylor) Paved With Good Intentions (Taylor), Race (John K Baker)

Richard Dawkins (writer, scientist)

Helped develop my understanding and great interest in evolutionary theory, Charles Darwin.

Works: The Selfish Gene

Arthur Robert Jensen (psychometrician)

Thoroughly convinced me of the value of intelligence testing and its theoretical and statistical underpinnings. Incalcuable level of influence in my thought.

Works: The G Factor, Bias in Mental Testing, Straight Talk About Mental Testing, Countless academic and scientific articles

Jane Jacobs (commentator)

Debunked urban-planning theory and helped me develop my own ideas on urban planning and ultimately the impact of urban environments upon the greater environment

Works: The Death & Life of Great American Cities

Roger Scruton (philosopher)

What about you??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print