Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
PN's theory of growth and economics (Read 5298 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: PN's theory of growth and economics
Reply #15 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 2:24pm

Please stop making this personal.

Quote:
he has been predicting a slump in house prices for years

Plenty of economists are doing the same.

Quote:
I don't know about getting a better explanation, but there is more available at the following sites, for starters -

More whgat? Confusion? So you can't actually explain what you are trying to say? If you can't explain it, why do you think people would want to read those links? They obviously aren't very informative.

Quote:
Absolute Clarity does come, but only ocassionally!

Let us know if you ever get it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #16 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 3:48pm

Quote:
Baha
he has been predicting a slump in house prices for years

Quote:
freediver
Plenty of economists are doing the same.

I have no problem with Baha or anyone else, taking me to task, I am capable of answering &/or rebutting most things.

However, it would be preferable that Baha or anyone else leave some language elsewhere and not introduce personal vendettas into this or any other site!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #17 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 4:01pm

Quote:
perceptions_now
I don't know about getting a better explanation, but there is more available at the following sites, for starters -

Quote:
Freediver
More whgat? Confusion? So you can't actually explain what you are trying to say? If you can't explain it, why do you think people would want to read those links? They obviously aren't very informative.

I think I post sufficient information to inform some people.

Although I would prefer to reach more, I am realistic enough to know that what I am saying will not be everyone's cuppa?

Why should people want to read the links I have posted?

Well, because there are some 30 video segments, which provide an enormous amount of information (including you question on Coal), which I could not replicate here, even if I tried and given that I regrad my time as valuable, I refer people to those sites, who may wish to acquire addition information and thus save me and my time!

Btw, I go thru an enormous amount of information, but I only post a small faction, which I think is relevant & may be of interest, to a segment of the people at this site & others.  

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #18 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 4:10pm

Quote:
perceptions_now
Absolute Clarity does come, but only ocassionally!

Quote:
Freediver
Let us know if you ever get it.

I will keep your request in mind, but if I have an epiphany, along the lines of which I speak, I think it likely, it will be obvious to most, at that time!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 5:15pm

Quote:

How about you start by explaining your theory of how growth is in back of everything?

Quote:
Although I would prefer to reach more, I am realistic enough to know that what I am saying will not be everyone's cuppa?

Most people do prefer an argument that makes sense.

Quote:
which I could not replicate here

We don't want you to replicate it, just answer some basic questions to demonstrate that these videos have in fact helped you understand what is going on around you, rather than filling your head with nonsense. There is an aweful lot of total BS on internet videos. I'm not going trawling through it all in case something happens to make sense.

Quote:
Btw, I go thru an enormous amount of information, but I only post a small faction, which I think is relevant & may be of interest, to a segment of the people at this site & others.

So you don't think it is relevant to explain your theory, or even say how many years worth of coal we have left? It seems to me that you are giving everything but the relevant info.

Quote:
who may wish to acquire addition information and thus save me and my time!

So to save you some time, you think people should watch 30 internet videos so you don't have to answer a simple question with a one word answer?

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #20 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 5:41pm

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 5:15pm:
Quote:

How about you start by explaining your theory of how growth is in back of everything?

Quote:

Most people do prefer an argument that makes sense.

Quote:
which I could not replicate here

We don't want you to replicate it, just answer some basic questions to demonstrate that these videos have in fact helped you understand what is going on around you, rather than filling your head with nonsense. There is an aweful lot of total BS on internet videos. I'm not going trawling through it all in case something happens to make sense.

Quote:

So you don't think it is relevant to explain your theory, or even say how many years worth of coal we have left? It seems to me that you are giving everything but the relevant info.

Quote:
who may wish to acquire addition information and thus save me and my time!

So to save you some time, you think people should watch 30 internet videos so you don't have to answer a simple question with a one word answer?

I am happy that with what I put out, people can arive at their own conclusions, with the information I supply or they can go off and do their own research, if they are interested.

I have no doubt, that there are those, perhaps including yourself, who do not agree with what I post. Certainly, there are very few, who agree with everything someone else says.

That is a choice that each & every individual makes, including you!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 6:22pm

People can go off and do their own research with or without your links. Is there something special about your links that make them more informative than a bunch of randomly selected links from google?

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #22 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 7:58pm

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 6:22pm:
People can go off and do their own research with or without your links. Is there something special about your links that make them more informative than a bunch of randomly selected links from google?

Well, the Bartlett & Martenson ones, in particular, are the best I have seen, for the information they provide and they are spread over Energy, Population, Economic & other issues.

You may or may not agree with what they say, but the information they provide will give 90% of people, pause to think!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 9:48pm

What information?

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #24 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:57pm

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 9:48pm:
What information?

Energy, Population, Economics & more!

Have a look at these video's & you will understand, why I say -
  • "it's now, one minute to noon"

So, until next time!

IP Logged

bahamian

Australian Politics

SC/AU/FL/USA/Vanuatu, depends
Reply #25 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 7:51am

Btw, is it true that your last post on yahoo yesterday, is what shut Yahoo down, again!!!

I suspect it was nedwin, but it was an excellent post, highly offensive, funny, witty, risque, just the way I like it...so I see you are still puzzling/boring everyone here sh1tless now with your claptrap theories.

bahamian3002  
IP Logged

bahamian

Australian Politics

SC/AU/FL/USA/Vanuatu, depends
Reply #26 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 7:56am

freediver wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 9:48pm:
What information?

See what I mean, it drones on with it's crackpot theories but never explains them and certainly has no answers/solutions, it just blames the "baby-boomers" but I have not worked out yet what he blames them for...being born maybe?

bahamian3002  
IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 8:50am

LOL...I have found many of Perceptions' Yahoo threads extremely interesting - not least because we share many of the same over-riding concerns about demographic pressures and the irrational pursuit of economic growth for growth's sake...
=========================================

me2 .

Perception has the most informative posts & articles  that makes one who reads them hopefully more knowledged. Also may help one decide what may be important in life & to then know which party they should 'follow'.

For me,  being on dial up it saves me a hell of a lot of time. I can NOT do the same research and appreciate and also RESPECT perceptions inputs...I read them always(more than comment on his threads)..

and if perceptions is being question  I'll.....*&**%$... Cry

Leave

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 8:37pm

You don't like me asking him questions?

Do you understand his theories about growth and economics? If you could explain them on his behalf we wouldn't have to question him.

For some reason, I keep coming across this theory of exponential growth being somehow crucial to our economy. It normally leads to a claim like the only way out is communism or some other silly idea. I actually come across it more often in real life than on the internet, so I guess it is a fairly common belief. I have no idea who is pushing it or why it is so common. No one is able to explain the theory.

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Jun 29th, 2010 at 12:07pm

You don't like me asking him questions?

Do you understand his theories about growth and economics?
==========================

I welcome questioning  dont get me wrong. But are you asking for someone to  come up with 'definitive proof'  on theories?.
No one can, can they ?.

Theories are observations  then based on those observations you make predictions .  Based on predections ....yadda yadda yadda...

However you could supply information, articles, links  whatever , on the concern against  or the points your trying to debate.

However this is all a learn curve so we can never predict what will happen but certainly doesnt hurt to be aware.Then make up you own mind. .. Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print