Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
PN's theory of growth and economics (Read 5297 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
PN's theory of growth and economics
Jun 26th, 2010 at 11:41pm

perceptions_now wrote on Jun 26th, 2010 at 9:09pm:
It is in back of everything including Population, Economics, Money Supply, Energy Resources & more. Almost every time an Politician & Economist etc open their mouth, they talk about Growth.   

Despite arguing about this topic in the population thread for a while, I am still not sure what perceptions_now's theory actually is.

I think we should start by getting a better explanation of it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Re: PN's theory of growth and economics
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:36am

freediver wrote on Jun 26th, 2010 at 11:41pm:
It is in back of everything including Population, Economics, Money Supply, Energy Resources & more. Almost every time an Politician & Economist etc open their mouth, they talk about Growth.  

Despite arguing about this topic in the population thread for a while, I am still not sure what perceptions_now's theory actually is.

He's obviously pissed, don't worry about it.
He is groping for a way to knock 'growth' but doesn't quite know how to put it.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 9:18am

LOL...I have found many of Perceptions' Yahoo threads extremely interesting - not least because we share many of the same over-riding concerns about demographic pressures and the irrational pursuit of economic growth for growth's sake...

I shalln't attempt to speak for Perceptions, except to say that I have coined a few deliberately-cooky phrases, in an effort try to highlight the inherent irrationalism, of promoting gambling in 'Mickey Mouse Monopoly Money' in unbridled markets and the myth of 'trickle-down' capitalism (when the reality is a 'tentacle-up effect')...

IM(not-so)HO, we need to seriously challenge, the powerfully-insidious monetary-couched market and political propaganda that is being blasted at us - incessantly and from almost every media orifice...

I, for one, don't believe in 'The (Exponential) Growth Fairy'' or his evil twin, 'The Good Greedy Witch of the West' - and there is much evidence that humanity urgently needs to make a paradigm shift in our socio-economic thinking, in order to re-balance our relationship with our life-giving environment...

Perceptions is correct, to point out that compounding global resource and demographic issues cannot be ignored by humanity for much longer - because massive pre-emptive changes must be made to give us a chance of preventing otherwise-inevitable socio-economic, political and environmental chaos and destruction...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 10:08am

[/quote]

I think we should start by getting a better explanation of it. [/quote]

freediver

neither does perception

you are arguing against a person who shift their paradigms from reality to theory to hypotheticals and somewhere of a grey shade in between

this person has little to no understand of these proposals/theories

the argument is more a philosophical hack who has been discredited looking for a new audience

when shown facts to disprove his lies - perception will not acknolwedge it but jump out to left field to resume another discussion then 5 minutes late used the same lies you've just disproved as facts

you can't discuss any theory with this person

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 10:10am

Equitist wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 9:18am:
LOL...I have found many of Perceptions' Yahoo threads extremely interesting

nemesis is only slightly more sane than perception

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 10:11am

Hello pot, clearly you're already acquainted with kettle!

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 10:13am

LOL...would you believe...that I hadn't seen that second post before I posted my first...!?

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 10:31am

As for your own counter-productive posting habits, Macca...I see that you have already been spamming here...by duplicating the subject matter of existing threads, which are in turn being pushed-off the front page of the sub-fora...

Kindly cease and desist forthwith, ta!

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

bahamian

Australian Politics

SC/AU/FL/USA/Vanuatu, depends
Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:20am

Perceptions_now, aka nedwin aka PiNhead is a blow hard who just likes the sound of his own voice, none of his predictions come to anything, he has been predicting a slump in house prices for years, that is why he dumped his old ID nedwin, because he has been dis-credited so many times it ain't even funny any more.
The only person who takes any notice of him is pansi the hygienically challenged, minimum wage, trolly-dolly (oh, and gold investor) and she is as daft as a brush.
I think he gets his crackpot theories from some flakey fringe publication or other, but for sure he can safely be ignored.

bahamian3002  
IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:01pm

Equitist wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 10:31am:
As for your own counter-productive posting habits, Macca...I see that you have already been spamming here...by duplicating the subject matter of existing threads, which are in turn being pushed-off the front page of the sub-fora...

Kindly cease and desist forthwith, ta!

Roll Eyes

ppffttt

you have nothing rational to say nemesis so the best you can do is count beans

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:08pm

LOL, Macca...keep both hands above the keyboard, or your beans are toast!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #11 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:19pm

I don't know about getting a better explanation, but there is more available at the following sites, for starters -

The Population Debate (Yahoo)
http://au.messages.yahoo.com/news/politics/597160/

For the Record (Yahoo)
http://au.messages.yahoo.com/news/politics/559385/

Peak Oil for Dummies slr Edition (now Maqqa formerly slr2007mclaren at Yahoo)
http://au.messages.yahoo.com/news/politics/572790/

The Climate Debate (Yahoo)
http://au.messages.yahoo.com/news/politics/595278/

Economic Downturn to Continue? (da message board - USA)
http://www.phpbbplanet.com/damessageboard/viewforum.php?f=1&mforum=damessageboar...

But anyone seriously wanting to increase their knowledge of what "move the world" now & what will move it in the future, should take in & understand what is available at the following sites -

Link (Dr. Albert A. Bartlett - Arithmetic, Population, and Energy) –
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9B70AC68E1D2AA54&search_query=Dr.+Albert...

Link (The Crash Course – Chris Martenson) -
http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

Btw, there are some good examples in those Yahoo sites, of Maqqa (alias slr) kicking a few OWN GOALS and Baha doing what Baha does!

Let me just say, as I finish this post, that I may not agree with everything that is said by freediver or others including Maqqa & Baha (in fact very little with these 2), but I do defend anyones right to express their views, providing they cause no physical &/or mental injury to others!

That said, the setting is here for some vibrant debates.

However, I should counsel against thinking there will always be clear winners, as that is seldom the case.

Absolute Clarity does come, but only ocassionally!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #12 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:25pm

Soren wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:36am:

He's obviously pissed, don't worry about it.
He is groping for a way to knock 'growth' but doesn't quite know how to put it.

I am not "pissed", nor do I get "pissed", but I do enjoy an ocassional RED!

I am also, not here or on any other site/s to do anything, other than provide my perspective on various issues & provide information, which may not otherwise find its way "easily" to the Public!

Have a nice day!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #13 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:39pm

Quote:
Quote:
freediver quote

Maqqa quote
freediver

neither does perception

you are arguing against a person who shift their paradigms from reality to theory to hypotheticals and somewhere of a grey shade in between

this person has little to no understand of these proposals/theories

the argument is more a philosophical hack who has been discredited looking for a new audience

when shown facts to disprove his lies - perception will not acknolwedge it but jump out to left field to resume another discussion then 5 minutes late used the same lies you've just disproved as facts

you can't discuss any theory with this person

Believe it or not!

Maqqa, alias slr2007mclaren (at Yahoo) and I, both have something in common -
ception

I am into -
Per ception

& Maqqa is into -
De ception

Seriously, she tries to do, what she does, to the best of her ability, its just that she does everything, with only one eye open, the RIGHT eye!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #14 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 12:50pm

bahamian wrote on Jun 27th, 2010 at 11:20am:
Perceptions_now, aka nedwin aka PiNhead is a blow hard who just likes the sound of his own voice, none of his predictions come to anything, he has been predicting a slump in house prices for years, that is why he dumped his old ID nedwin, because he has been dis-credited so many times it ain't even funny any more.
The only person who takes any notice of him is pansi the hygienically challenged, minimum wage, trolly-dolly (oh, and gold investor) and she is as daft as a brush.
I think he gets his crackpot theories from some flakey fringe publication or other, but for sure he can safely be ignored.

Baha, is another from Yahoo, who makes a habit (Abbott of the Monastery supporter) of being wrong!

I am not, nor have I ever been nedwin, who was another Yahoo poster, who had some similar views to mine. The fact that he has been told of his error/s, does not stop him from repeating them!

In respect of the housing issue, it was also raised by others, not me, but I have commented that, given the basic Global Demographic trends, I would expect Australia will follow the likes of Japan, the USA & Europe, at some point and prices will decline!  

Good to see you here Baha, providing you behave yourself!

Btw, is it true that your last post on yahoo yesterday, is what shut Yahoo down, again!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print