perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Re: For the Record
Reply #1125 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 1:07pm

perceptions_now wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:51pm:
perceptions_now wrote on Oct 15th, 2014 at 11:19pm:
Well, well, much of the European majors down 2-3% & DOW Futures down around 1% -
http://www.investing.com/indices/major-indices
http://www.investing.com/indices/us-30-futures-advanced-chart

Just what the PPT would order up, to test things out?

There has been a bit of a pattern, in recent times -
1) US Futures get early "support", from "somewhere", in the early hours, after DOW trading ends for the day. 
2) Then, that early "support" starts to evaporate, around 5-6 hours ahead of opening time.
3) Then, the DOW Futures market starts a downward trend. 

That said, today is not much different to yesterday, with the European majors down 2-4% & DOW Futures currently down around 1%, after early support.

http://www.investing.com/indices/major-indices

LET'S SEE, IF THERE IS ANOTHER PPT INTERVENTION OR TWO?

But, whether there is or not, the overriding interest is, just how long is this piece of string & when will the rubber band break, as everything has its limits???

Well, YES, there was another intervention, around 10.17am DOW time, there was the "support" spike, then a continuation of nudges, to ensure the right result!

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^DJI#symbol=^DJI;range=

And again, the DOW Futures came in for "support", just after the REAL DOW closed and it has been propped up for the six hours since.

IF a similar pattern follows, then one may expect the DOW Futures to begin to Decline again, this afternoon Australia time, in say 4-5 hours from now??? 

Just one thing, where I may have erred? It may not relate to "how long the piece of string is", Nor "when will the rubber band break", IT MAY ACTUALLY RELATE TO THAT ONE EXTRA HAIR ON THE CAMELS BACK, THAT BREAKS EVERYTHING?
The camel's back, bearing the relationship of Camels to the deserts of the Middle East and just how much impact the changing of Oil fortunes, will have on unfolding events?

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1126 - Oct 20th, 2014 at 9:29pm

Well, TPTB successfully avoided  the issues on Friday, let's see how they go this week? 

Let's see, how long they can avoid answering -
How long the piece of string is?
When will the rubber band break?
And, WHICH EXTRA HAIR ON THE CAMELS BACK, WILL FINALLY BREAK THE CAMELS BACK?

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1127 - Oct 23rd, 2014 at 6:22pm

perceptions_now wrote on Oct 20th, 2014 at 9:29pm:
Well, TPTB successfully avoided  the issues on Friday, let's see how they go this week? 

Let's see, how long they can avoid answering -
How long the piece of string is?
When will the rubber band break?
And, WHICH EXTRA HAIR ON THE CAMELS BACK, WILL FINALLY BREAK THE CAMELS BACK?

So, besides the PPT's extra's last Friday, they have been reasonably consistent, with their "support" levels & timing & they are "at it" again today, in DOW Futures trading, as can be seen here -

The PPT have been stepping in between "stepping in", around 6.5-7.5 hours ahead of the official DOW JONES opening and they have been "at it", again today!

And, they will generally succeed, UNTIL THE DAY COMES WHEN THAT EXTRA HAIR ON THE CAMELS BACK, WILL FINALLY ARRIVE OUT OF NOWHERE/UNEXPECTED & BREAK THE CAMELS BACK?

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #1128 - Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:27pm

I don't think the USA can economically recover from this, let alone be an Economic 'power' again regardless if it has a War to get it out of a slump again or not.
They have just said that we (USA) are in a 2nd Depression after the 1st one 5 years ago. Isn't it funny that they finally admit how bad it is - NOW!

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1129 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 3:38pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:27pm:
I don't think the USA can economically recover from this, let alone be an Economic 'power' again regardless if it has a War to get it out of a slump again or not.
They have just said that we (USA) are in a 2nd Depression after the 1st one 5 years ago. Isn't it funny that they finally admit how bad it is - NOW!

Really?
Are you sure they said that?
Usually, they would avoid making those kind of statements, LIKE AVOIDING THE PLAGUE/EBOLA!
Have you got a link?

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #1130 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 4:54pm

I totally agree with you there Perceptions.
I was making the 'Depression' prediction here on this Forum - many years ago when Petrol here started to sky-rocket in cost.
Even just a few years ago - the Media/Political Industries dodged around from admitting it was a Depressional status but now I've recently...
...seen on TV I believe just last week. Sorry I don't have a link as the only thing that stuck in my mind was that statement: "We are currently in a 2nd Depression after the 1st a few or 5 years ago"

I guess they hung off admitting it in the hope of convincing the world/people that things will get better.
But knowing the World the way I do, I knew that the USA was going to go down Economically again and drag all those that are heavily associated or reliant upon it with it.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1131 - Oct 27th, 2014 at 7:14pm

I repost the following here, as it is relevant!

perceptions_now wrote on Oct 27th, 2014 at 4:33pm:
What are the major Political/Economic Problems, we now face & why?

Well, to start with, it is a fact that our Political & Economic problems, in Australia, the US & Globally are absolutely intertwined and both the Right & the Left of Politics, have been & are, involved up to their armpits, in mismanagement & outright corruption, for decades!

Whilst the following picture is obviously about the US, it could easily be applied to Australian Politics or most other countries, with whichever “side” of Politics people “support”, making very little difference to actual outcomes, certainly in the areas that really count!
http://static.safehaven.com/authors/rubino/18642_d.png

The facts are, the major factors that now influencing local & Global events have been “known” for quite some time & whilst both “sides” of Politics have known of these factors or should have known of them, little or not enough, has actually been put into action by either “side” of Politics, to ensure that the longer term interests of the entire Public were put first & foremost!

The major factors, which have influenced events, for quite some time (in fact decades) and are set to be the primary factors of the next 20-40 years (at least) are -
1)      Demographics – An Aging Population, with a slowing Growth rate.
2)      Energy – A Declining Supply rate, with enormous Pricing issues.
3)      Climate Change – Influencing Food & fresh Water Supply.

Factors 2 & 3, are largely, but not exclusively, related to factor 1 and whilst they are the major factors, which in turn influence many other issues, they are certainly not the only factors influencing events!

That said, each of these top 3 factors have been known for decades, by a mixture of Political Parties, as is demonstrated by the following –
1)      Chinese Communists started the “One Child policy in 1979.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-child_policy
2)      The Australian Labor Party started the “Super Guarantee” system in 1992.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superannuation_in_Australia
3)      The Australian Liberal Party released “Australia’s Demographic Challenges”, in 2004.
http://demographics.treasury.gov.au/content/_download/australias_demographic_cha...
4)      Hubbert produced his “Peak Oil Theory” in 1956.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubbert_peak_theory
5)      Scientific reports of Climate Change started becoming more widespread during the 1960’s & 1970’s, including the "Club of Rome” reports of 1972 & 1974.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_climate_change_science

Whist some reference is paid to all of these issues, by the major parties, it is generally just “lip service”, with nothing, very little or not enough, actually being done by either of the major “sides” of Politics .

So, what has happened is that for 3-5 decades, our Politicians have known or should have known, that some very major changes were taking place or about to take place & these changes would have major impacts on our Global & local Economy & on our very way of life!

In the face of this knowledge & impending historic change, our Politicians, all of them, have done little and certainly they have done nowhere near enough, to ensure that the best, long term interests of the entire Public!

The obvious question, “given the abundance of known information about these major influencing factors”, is WHY the Politicians have not taken the required/appropriate actions and I would suggest the answer lies with the GREED of their own short term interests & those of TPTB!

The final question remaining, is what will it now take to get sufficient Political & Economic change, to at least enable as fair an outcome as possible, even at this late stage of proceedings and that question still depends on us, the Public and what actions we are prepared to “urge” on the system!

So, on that note, good luck, we will need it!

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #1132 - Oct 27th, 2014 at 9:36pm

...and thus why Leonardo Di Caprio told the UN that the problems of the world are 'more important' than the interests of Politics (for itself).
Left or Right - its the same shiit but different smell.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1133 - Oct 28th, 2014 at 8:16pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Oct 27th, 2014 at 9:36pm:
...and thus why Leonardo Di Caprio told the UN that the problems of the world are 'more important' than the interests of Politics (for itself).
Left or Right - its the same shiit but different smell.

Pretty much!

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #1134 - Oct 29th, 2014 at 11:52am

perceptions_now wrote on Oct 26th, 2014 at 3:38pm:
It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Oct 25th, 2014 at 10:27pm:

Really?
Are you sure they said that?
Usually, they would avoid making those kind of statements, LIKE AVOIDING THE PLAGUE/EBOLA!
Have you got a link?

It was Ben Bernanke.

He's having a 'holiday' in  Belgium right now, for purposes of Extraordinary rendition.

(joking)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1135 - Nov 1st, 2014 at 10:29am

QE, Parallel Universes And The Problem With Economic Growth

According to statistics from the International Monetary Fund, the G20 in aggregate appeared to be growing at a respectable 3% in 2013, but when examining the developed world's portion of that data, the "reality" that emerges is much less optimistic.1 The European Union (EU) grew 0.1% in 2013, and looks to be on a similar trajectory this year. The United Kingdom and the United States saw growth of 1.7% and 2.2% respectively in 2013. Growth in France was near 0%, and this year France, along with Japan and Germany, could be flirting with possible recessions.

Putting these statistics into perspective, despite the developed world having engaged in what is likely the most comprehensive monetary stimulation effort of the last 200 years, growth can best be described as middling. Without the fortunate shale revolution in the Northern Plains of the United States (and thankfully not the asteroid), growth there likely would be much lower, probably not much ahead of Europe today.

The good news about the universe in which we find ourselves, at least according to Modern Portfolio Theory, is that a truly diversified portfolio of uncorrelated and negatively correlated strategies/assets is still of value, in our view.2 Unsustainable fiscal and monetary imbalances often leave in their wake alpha capture potential - alpha being a measure of performance on a risk-adjusted basis - so we've got that going for us. The bad news is that there is no easy solution to the many problems and structural headwinds the developed economies of the world face, and without change, I think our global economy could likely remain stuck in a long gray plod of disappointing economic growth for who knows how long... infinity???

Two Schools of Thought
Keynesian Economics
In the simplest of terms (and we do mean simple), Keynesians argue that private sector business decisions may sometimes lead to inefficient outcomes, and therefore, government intervention is occasionally needed to step in with active monetary policy actions. These actions may be coordinated by a central bank. Generally, the Keynesian view believes that spending is what drives economic growth, and that deficit spending in a recession can be offset via fiscal surpluses in an expansion (and therein lay the rub).

Simplifying even further, let's consider Keynesian economics to be "the school of short-term economic planning."

Austrian Economics
Austrian theory, on the other hand, argues for very limited government intervention in the economy, particularly in the area of money production. Indeed, the Austrian school believes that central bank manipulation of economic cycles with artificial stimulus does more long-term harm than good, ultimately creating bubbles and recessions that are far worse than would be experienced in a natural economic cycle.

This, then, would be "the longer-term school."

Who's Right?
To summarize, the Austrian school suggests that markets are self-correcting mechanisms that follow fairly smooth cycles, and that it is better to let nature run its long-term course (so to speak), as opposed to intervening when things may be less than optimal (i.e., recession). Keynesians, on the other hand, believe economic cycles can be smoothened with tactical short-term government monetary intervention, and that fiscal policy may be modified occasionally to better guide market cycles.

As they say, there are two sides to every story - and then there is the truth.

In practice, Keynesian thinking has generally guided most of the Fed's policy decisions post-World War II, and has certainly been front-and-center in the aftermath of the 2008 Lehman Brothers bankruptcy.

Most would agree that the exceptional measures introduced by central banks around the world at that time - most decidedly Keynesian in nature - could be deemed appropriate in that they succeeded in restoring financial stability, while also preventing a full-blown global depression.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2609235-qe-parallel-universes-and-the-problem-wi...
========================================================
The fact is that both Economic systems have been used, generally with success, during the modern Economic era, at various stages during the Economic cycles!

That said, over the last 200 years or so, the Global Economy has always had the "back up" of 4 major positives, which meant the Economy would usually bounce back, almost no matter what TPTB, the Politicians & the Economists did or did not do & those 4 factors were -
1) Demographics - A large Population Growth.
2) Energy - A Cheap & Abundant Supply.
3) Technology - A massive Growth in Productivity, arising from NEW Technology.
4) Climate - A Goldilocks climate, providing Food & Water, for a Growing Population.

The Truth is that at least 3 of those 4 factors & perhaps all 4, are now turning away from Positive, they are in the process of going Negative and neither of the 2 major Economic theories can prevent that from happening.

The Truth is that if Austrian Economics had been followed, then we would already be mired, in a deep Depression! 

However, it is also True that Keynesian Economics has only bought us time & that time is now running out!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1136 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 3:00pm

QE Is Dead, Now You Tell Me What You Know

It seems like every blue moon or so I need to return to Groucho's definition of chaos theory, it keeps on popping up. The first time I used it in an article goes back to at least May 2009, incidentally for many people the starting date of the financial crisis in their part of the world. This time around, it's there because it's what a lot of people in the financial markets must be feeling. And I mean 'must' in the sense of 'should' be feeling, though I don't think they are. Yet.

But if the demise of US QE means anything, it's the end of certainty, of confidence that someone out there would be holding your hand all along the way to riches. The difference between complacency and volatility, in a nutshell. Which is, predictably, going to freak a lot of people out. Ain't nothing feels as comfy as a bearded gnome or a grandma in charge of the mega money machine to do your work for you. Those days are over. Might as well get used to it. First, here's Groucho once again:

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

So what do you know after Yellen's long and generally awaited announcement yesterday? Quo Vadis? Where are stocks going to go, and bonds, and oil, and gold, and the dollar now the reserve currency meta multiplier machine has been shut down? I know a lot of people, probably most, are thinking 'they' are going to find - other - ways to 'save' the economy and the markets.

If I were you, I'd ask myself a question or two in that regard. If market stability were one of the Fed's priorities, their surest bet would have been to maintain at least some sort and some amount of QE. Meanwhile, their argument that jobs are so greatly improved is simple nonsense. So again, and I'm asking this a lot and not getting answers, why did they do it, and why the timing?

From what I can see, the Fed is - successfully - fooling Americans into believing their economy is doing well, if not great, and they used Greenspan yesterday to inject some doubt, or realism if you will, that Yellen couldn't have included in her speech lest she's be perceived as doubting her own words.

It's all a message, a spin, a story that they want people, including you, to believe. It's a certain version, a particular interpretation, of what goes on, but that says nothing about the level of truthiness in that message. Yellen's speech was followed today by the first (preliminary) Bureau of Economic Analysis US Q3 GDP report, which cheered its way all the way into a 3.54% growth rate. So people think: she was right, we don't need QE, we're doing great!

But behind the veil of that growth number lie far less positive ones, as for instance described today by Rick Davis at the Consumer Metrics Institute:
In their first estimate of the US GDP for Q3 2014, the BEA reported that the economy was growing at a +3.54% annualized rate, down a little more than 1% from Q2. "Improving" imports and government spending are the stars of this report. Imports swung into positive territory with a +0.29% contribution to the headline number, up +2.06% from the prior quarter. Similarly, governmental spending contributed +0.83% to the headline, up over 0.5% from Q2 (with Federal defense "consumption expenditures" creating a +0.76% boost to the headline number all by itself even as growth in state and local spending softened).

Essentially all of the other line items were either flat or had a negative quarter-to-quarter impact on the headline. Inventories (as expected) reverted to mean and took -0.57% out of the headline. Commercial fixed investments grew at about half the rate reported during the prior quarter, the growth in exports lost about a third, the growth rate for consumer spending on goods was halved, and although consumer spending on services did increase, the increase was a relatively mild +0.10%.

Inflation (or disinflation/deflation) plays a major part in this report, since during the quarter dollar-based energy prices were plunging. US "at the pump" gasoline prices fell from $3.68 per gallon to $3.32 during the quarter, a 9.8% quarter-to-quarter decline and a -33.8% annualized rate - pushing most consumer oriented inflation indexes into negative territory.

What counts today when it comes to inflation is really just one single factor: spending. By people like you and me. And that kind of spending is way down, as reflected in velocity of money stats.

Why is spending falling the way it is? Unemployment in all its facets including persistently high personal debt, a shrinking labor participation rate, alt-control-deleted benefits and lower wages.
========================================================
Note: The GFC actually started well prior to May 2009.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1137 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 3:31pm

QE Is Dead, Now You Tell Me What You Know (Cont)

So what do we see today in the markets? Stocks are up, because the crowd just can't believe grandma left them to fend for themselves. Hey, it's only been a day. Give it time. The euro falls below $1.26, first time in a while, because dollar hunger must set in for real with the free for all punchbowl taken away, oil has a hard time negotiating the $80 a barrel divide, and gold lost its battle with $1,200.

Yeah, I know Greenspan said something about holding gold yesterday, but why pay attention to that if you don't believe one single other word he says?

Sure, the dollar will die at some point, but that point is not near. There's a whole slew of fiat currencies dying to precede the greenback's demise, first and foremost the euro, which will be killed by simple politics.

The US economy is much weaker than Janet Yellen and the BEA let on. But it's not the weakest animal in the herd, not by a long shot.

The American leadership can keep its predominance alive for a whole longer, albeit only at the - further - expense of the American people. Who soon won't be able to afford even the cheaper gas prices.

Meanwhile, the Europeans still make faint attempts at convincing us their economies are doing well, but their messengers are too scattered to present a coherent picture. And Draghi's 2-year old 'whatever it takes' shows wear and tear. It's all out QE or the big flood. And QE has been a horror for the American people, even if they don't yet realize it, so Mario won't be allowed to unleash it.

China, like the US, survives through manipulated data, claiming a 7%+ growth rate where they have probably just 3-4%, but who's going to know?

The US dollar will come home in very large amounts, because there's nowhere else to go that feels anywhere near safe. That can be a big problem for the US economy, but then, that's what the Fed is preparing for today. It'll all leave China, Japan, Europe et al scrambling for the crumbs that fall off the table, unless and until some regions or smaller nations decide to go it alone and ditch the larger networks and organizations and treaties they're presently subjected to. But that will take time.

Until then, it's chaos theory.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2623115-qe-is-dead-now-you-tell-me-what-you-know...
=========================================================
A few observations -
1) Japan has already, since launched a massive stimulus campaign. With the effect of taking over, where the FedRes QE series left off?
http://business.financialpost.com/2014/10/31/what-the-bank-of-japans-stimulus-sh...
2) As the author of this article points out, there is a lot of SPIN going on & the FedRes getting out of QE is just one more bit of SPIN or more simply put, ITS A CON, as are many of the supposed stats showing that the Economy is going better than it actually is & that applies in the US, Japan, China, Europe, Australia & elswhere!
3) As for the large Energy Cost reductions that must be generated from the large Decline in Oil Pricing, one would have to ask where are those savings being passed on to the Consumer? Are those savings being passed on in full or are they be passed on at all?
4) The is certainly a currency race underway and it's a race to see who hits the bottom first, whom follows shortly after & whether there will be any survivors?

Oh & so much for the US being the "free enterprise" leader???
What is going on in the US & elsewhere is nothing to do with "free enterprise", however it is very much to do with what TPTB want and to do with directing & spinning markets, by way of short term outcomes for Politicians, Central Bankers & TPTB, WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BEST, LONG TERM INTERESTS OF THE ENTIRE PUBLIC! 

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1138 - Nov 4th, 2014 at 11:16am

A thoughty -
Just because the FedRes has "supposedly/officially" closed down its QE program, does that mean the PPT has also closed down or not, as the case may be, for either,in fact  or fiction?

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #1139 - Nov 4th, 2014 at 4:50pm

Japan: QE As Morphine For A Terminal Patient

You can jot down Halloween 2014 in your calendar, and it's unfortunately too tragic to make proper use of the irony involved, as the day Japan committed suicide. The sun is no longer rising. Not that the vital signs weren't bad before, indeed it might not have survived regardless, but this lethal blow announced today is still quite the statement.

That financial markets interpret it as a reason to cheer and party and make lots of dough is yet one more proof of how shallow and single-minded the people operating in these markets are, lacking all insight in historical context, longer term consequences, wars and politics, and the human mind.

Because the 'QE as morphine' concept introduced today by the megalomaniac Shinzo Abe and his central bank raving mad puppets will change the world in ways that make financial gain less than even an afterthought, except perhaps for those of us who cannot see beyond today, or beyond the one single lonely dimension money is of any use in.

If and when a country resorts to having it central bank buy up - the equivalent of - all sovereign bonds it issues, the snake truly eats its tail, and not in a metaphorical sense. Japan eats it children, most of them as yet unborn, to keep its rapidly ageing population contented and in relative wealth, because the alternative would cost Tokyo's financial-political power cabal their jobs and heads.

Japan's problem is, and has been for many years, twofold: first, the Japanese people lost the spending power to keep the domestic real economy growing some 20 years ago and never got it back, and second, a whole slew of successive governments refused to restructure the debts in the financial sector, and instead put those debts on the public tally.

The negative growth announced today in US consumer spending should be a warning sign, as should similar numbers that have come from across Europe for a while now, a sign that we need to think about how to run our societies and economies without everlasting growth, and without the ever more failing and ever more costly policies aimed at constructing and maintaining that growth.

However, the worse the policies are for the real economy and the people who depend on it for survival, the more money the financial markets, and the banks, make. It truly is QE as morphine, and Japan has shown us today that morphine can alleviate pain, but it is also in the end the ultimate killer.

It may already be too late, but we can still make the effort to not fall into the same trap Japan has fallen in. Which in essence is simply trying to recreate a past world that is long gone, by applying measures that 'wise men' say are sure to bring back the past, and then more.

We must look at ourselves and wonder why we want more. And realize that if we don't take that look, and we continue on our present path, we will all end up like Japan, guaranteeing that our quest for more will leave us with less, much less. We cannot build our world with credit, we need to work in order to build it. And we cannot borrow our way into growth, nor do we need to grow.

Halloween 2014. A day we could have learned something.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2628465-japan-qe-as-morphine-for-a-terminal-pati...
=======================================================
As I have said previously Japan really is the "Canary in the Coal mine" and there are a "few" good reasons to say that!
1) Japan was the first of the Major Global Economies to experience the Population Growth Peak, which happened around 1990 & they are already in actual Decline, which shows up in all sorts of issues over the last 2 decades plus and that is what the rest of us, have to look forward to!
2) The Coal Mines really are part of the great Fossil Fuels dilemma's that TPTB & the Politicians only pay lip service to, IF & when they occasionally refer to our Energy dilemma's!
3) Sooner or later & most likely not soon enough, WE MUST ALL RECOGNIZE THAT THE DAYS OF ECONOMIC GROWTH ARE NOW GONE. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "UNLIMITED" ECONOMIC GROWTH, AS THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "UNLIMITED" FOSSIL FUELS AND WE NEED TO ADOPT VERY DIFFERENT POLITICAL & ECONOMIC ATTITUDES, TO THAT FACT & WE NEED TO DO SO, SOONER, MUCH SOONER, THAN LATER!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 117
Send Topic Print