Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Julia Gillard new Australian PM (Read 11753 times)
athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Julia Gillard new Australian PM
Jun 24th, 2010 at 11:37am

Julia Gillard, first female and first overseas born person, became the new Australian Prime Minister.
The most important is to prevent former John Howard’s gunman Tony Abbot, failed catholic priest, to come to power and bring Australia back to dark ages of John Howard’s leadership.

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Re: Julia Gillard new Australian PM
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 11:53am

athos wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 11:37am:

Julia Gillard, first female and first overseas born person, became the new Australian Prime Minister.
The most important is to prevent former John Howard’s gunman Tony Abbot, failed catholic priest, to come to power and bring Australia back to dark ages of John Howard’s leadership.

You must be really peeved, athos - now we have not only a 'pome' head of state but a 'pome' head of government! Both women! Talk about nanny state!!!!
Grin  Grin

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:11pm

Are you sure about your assertion re 'first overseas born person'!?

I seem to recall that at least one early Lib PM was born O/S...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #3 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:28pm

Soren wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 11:53am:

You must be really peeved, athos - now we have not only a 'pome' head of state but a 'pome' head of government! Both women! Talk about nanny state!!!!
Grin  Grin

She was born in Wales and belongs to superior kind of humans called WOMEN. What a lovely Lady. Kevin is also a nice man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Gillard#Early_life

Early life

Gillard was born in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales in 1961.[6] Her father was a coal miner in Wales, and she has a sister, Alison, who is three years older;[7] Nye Bevan remains one of her political heroes.[8]

After suffering from bronchopneumonia as a child, her parents were advised it would aid her recovery in a warmer climate.[7] Resultantly, in 1966 the family migrated to Australia, settling in Adelaide.[9]

Her father trained as a psychiatric nurse, while her mother worked at the local Salvation Army Old People's Home.[7] Gillard and her sister attended Mitcham Demonstration School, and then graduated from Unley High School in 1978.[10] She then attended the University of Adelaide, and on graduation moved to Melbourne to work with the Australian Union of Students (AUS).[7] In 1987 she graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Laws degree and with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1990.[11]

In 1987 she joined left-leaning law firm Slater & Gordon at Werribee, working in the area of industrial law.[12] In 1990 at the age of 29, she was admitted as one of their first female partners.[8]

In a 2007 interview, Gillard stated: “I used to think I wanted to be a school teacher. There was an English teacher at Mitcham Primary [in Adelaide], who was a real stickler for standards and grammar and punctuation but who was also very kindly. I thought teachers were good; I thought it would be a rewarding job, seeing the eyes of young people light up with new information. I got talked out of that ambition for good or for ill by a school friend’s mother, who said, ‘No, you’re really good at arguing and debating, you should try law.’ If I hadn’t been pre-selected for the seat of Lalor and run successfully in the 1998 election, I’d probably still be somewhere in and around the law; public sector law perhaps. Maybe giving tutorials, trying to pound law into other people’s heads.” [13]

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:41pm by athos »  

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:44pm

athos       Quote:
..........belongs to superior kind of humans called WOMEN.......

that's the sort loser loser wimpy submissive mentality that will put gillard in.
It also sunk england and won't get you a root.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #5 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:47pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:44pm:
athos       Quote:

that's the sort loser loser wimpy submissive mentality that will put gillard in.

She is not from England she is from Wales. What a lovely lady.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #6 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:59pm

Equitist wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:11pm:

I've just checked the NMA site - and was surprised to learn that several Aussie PM's were born O/S...

http://www.nma.gov.au/education/school_resources/websites_and_interactives/prime...

That said, I did find an online reference to her having been the first foreign-born Deputy...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:06pm

Equitist wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:59pm:

I've just checked the NMA site - and was surprised to learn that several Aussie PM's were born O/S...

http://www.nma.gov.au/education/school_resources/websites_and_interactives/prime...

That said, I did find an online reference to her having been the first foreign-born Deputy...

At that time Australia was a British colony. John Howard wasn't born overseas he was an orphan and none knows where they found him.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #8 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:11pm

LOL...perhaps nobody would admit to producing JWH!?

IP Logged

Hlysnan

Riht, Fr[ch275]od[ch333]m,
Wærscipe

Burwood
Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:40pm

Congratulations, Kevin Rudd. You seem to have lived up to your hero. Administrative failures, excessive spending and failure to serve a full term. Congrats, Julia Gillard.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:51pm

athos wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:06pm:
Equitist wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:59pm:

At that time Australia was a British colony. John Howard wasn't born overseas he was an orphan and none knows where they found him.

No athos.....we didn't have any PM's until after Federation.....And after Federation, we stopped being a colony and became an independant Nation....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:30pm

Equitist wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 1:11pm:
LOL...perhaps nobody would admit to producing JWH!?

Son of a Jackal apparently.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

djrbfm

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:30pm

independent of what, may i ask.
anyway, this lady cannot do any worse, but maybe, just maybe, a hell of a lot better
than an Abbot dictatorship.
j.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:33pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 12:44pm:
athos       Quote:

Quote:
really thy ???
I've said for years gillard will stab ruddy ASAP.

my thoughts are she'll prob get in. the women will vote for her, and the limpwristed girlie men will too.oh, you are .......  

have a great day mate

You're still the winner Sprint being the first really stupid comment of the day..Athos will have to be 2nd.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:37pm

djrbfm wrote on Jun 24th, 2010 at 2:30pm:
independent of what, may i ask.
anyway, this lady cannot do any worse, but maybe, just maybe, a hell of a lot better
than an Abbot dictatorship.
j.

Independant from direct british rule....

Electing our own Parliment, Prime Ministers etc.....as opposed to having a Colonial Governor sent out from England...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print