Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The ex-yahooians vote (Read 4105 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

The ex-yahooians vote
Jun 19th, 2010 at 9:03pm

We don't know who is who from the yahoo crowd, so give us a clue.

Who of the ex-yahooians would you give the thumbs down to ?
Who gets the thumbs up ?

I don't decide and will have no influence on any decision.
But rather than see this site deterorate in front of our eyes and have to sift through the many threads it'ld be good to have a consensual opinion amongst the experienced imformed customers.

One thing FD has put into this site is it's ability to evolve with changing conditions.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Re: The ex-yahooians vote
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 9:27pm

Er...ummnnn....I'm not sure who this thread is directed at - so excuse me for responding, if ex-Yahooligans aren't expected to self-assess...

Naturally, I give myself the thumbs-up Roll Eyes - and, if the small number of times that I have felt compelled to press the Yahoo 'nanny button' is a reasonable indicator, there are very few who I would give a full thumbs-down to...

Not sure if the right whingers would be so kind to me - but it is bemusing that my confrontational (but jestful) Yahoo ID (thy.nemesis) has now survived for over 2 1/2 years...

Either way, I'd suggest that ID longevity is a fairly reliable indicator of the overall integrity of active long term cyber-community members...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jun 19th, 2010 at 9:35pm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS As I've stated elsewhere, I tend to enjoy mutual 'love-to-hate' relationships with most right whingers Wink

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2010 at 9:36pm by Equitist »  

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 10:09pm

thy - I'ld certainly give you a double thumbs up.

there is a huge difference between ideologically disagreeing, and just being a continual distraction and nuisance

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 10:48pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 10:09pm:
thy - I'ld certainly give you a double thumbs up.

there is a huge difference between ideologically disagreeing, and just being a continual distraction and nuisance

Awwww...schucks...I think Roll Eyes

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 10:55pm

Some very lively opinions. Good to see some enthusiasm.

The board has taken a turn for the left as a result of the Yahoo influx. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but it certainly balances things out more. It's more reflective of Australian society.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 11:00pm

Agreed. This place needs more leftist challengers; they do tend to make things a lot more interesting.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #6 - Jun 19th, 2010 at 11:01pm

muso wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 10:55pm:

The board has taken a turn for the left as a result of the Yahoo influx. I'm not saying it's good or bad, but it certainly balances things out more. It's more reflective of Australian society.

Indeed, but I expect that a few more right whingers will soon swallow what is left of their pride and follow their arch nemeses over here... Wink

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 10:00am

muso wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 10:55pm:

People like "longweekend" are very  right wing.
If Andrei turns up you'll get another one.
Bahamian & iamtheman - who are probably the same person -
are super right wing - facists actually.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 10:07am

Hmmm we occasionally get passing 'fascistz' here too.  Some young people think it's cool. If it's not Fascistz, then it's Marxistz. Maybe one day they'll get something in a tube like Clearasil  that removes the worst symptoms of adolescent politics as well as pimples.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 10:12am

muso wrote on Jun 20th, 2010 at 10:07am:
Hmmm we occasionally get passing 'fascistz' here too.  Some young people think it's cool. If it's not Fascistz, then it's Marxistz. Maybe one day they'll get something in a tube like Clearasil  that removes the worst symptoms of adolescent politics as well as pimples.

LOL...compared to the 'egogentric (sic) alien gypsy henchman' Android, Longy (AKA Master Bates) is a moderate...

IP Logged

billy the fish

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 10:25am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 19th, 2010 at 9:03pm:

Who gets the thumbs up ?

But rather than see this site deterorate in front of our eyes and have to sift through the many threads it'ld be good to have a consensual opinion amongst the experienced imformed customers.

One thing FD has put into this site is it's ability to evolve with changing conditions.

Skippy double thumbs up for his humerous tackling of right wingers  vegimite thumbs up for her humble honest opinions with a a habit of mispelling then going back to correct and then apologises Cheesy...funny!                                                                            double thumbs down to john masters (long weekend) for posting porkies then abusing and shouting down anyone who disagrees.
Macca (maqqa)for his piers akerman type postings..but he is not agressive  or abusive so credit there.  to name a few without filling up the board

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 2:24pm

I don't know what other yahooians think about me but I try to put over the labor side of debate. If the right wingers don't like me I don't care

Smiley

Smiley

and I do like a drink

'The worst Labor Government is always better then the best Liberal government for Australians workers'
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 2:43pm

Watch out for Longweekend.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 4:59pm

Who gets the thumbs up ?

-------------

The id iamtheman <-- both thumbs down to that id ... along with its side kicks ethelsidebottom and bahamian.

The above ids have been very consistent in proving (on Yahoo AND on this forum) that they are trolls who cause nothing but trouble .. and who needs that???

Good topic BTW!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 20th, 2010 at 5:22pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jun 20th, 2010 at 4:59pm:

Who gets the thumbs up ?

-------------

The id iamtheman <-- both thumbs down to that id ... along with its side kicks ethelsidebottom and bahamian.

The above ids have been very consistent in proving (on Yahoo AND on this forum) that they are trolls who cause nothing but trouble .. and who needs that???

Good topic BTW!

I would give me the thumbs up and all the other ex yahooligans the thumbs down, trouble makers they are.    Smiley

Only joking.

I say give them all a fair go until they stuff up. It seems as though the serial pests checked this place out and left anyway. It might be too 'normal', whatever that is  Smiley

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print