Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
War on Drugs: $1 Trillion Wasted - Nothing Fixed (Read 8118 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: War on Drugs: $1 Trillion Wasted - Nothing Fixed
Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 8:57pm

Trillion wasted, nothing fixed, etc.

Yeah, but look at all the jobs it created

It's an industry, this War on Drugs

Look at all the tv shows it spawned, for one

Look at all the jobs it created -- all the departments and sub-departments and secret departments and all those who loll around in air-conditioned government, taxpayer funded offices doing nothing more strenuous than messing around on Facebook and arranging where to have lunch ...

Look at the media.  Now the media's been a huge winner from the Joke War on Drugs

and what about the privatised prisons

Then the go-between between the Fighters of Drugs and the Pimpers of Drugs --- all stemming from the same governments

What a racket

What an industry

They'd collapse if anything was 'fixed'

All those wannabee-actors leaping into govt., taxpayer-paid souped up vehicles in their designer jeans and stubble, living the dream, courtesy of drugs and the opportunity to play at being undercover Warriors Against Drugs

The world's an insane asylum

Just need to accept that and laugh at the antics

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:00pm

there is an easy way to turn people off illegal drugs, but no one has the balls to do it.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:30pm

am sure it would be MUCH more than that

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:33pm

Time to legalise marijuana, the US Is biting the bullet on this one. We will follow in 20 years.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:38pm

I think it will be soon.

Still, 20 years too late !!

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:41pm

John Smith wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:00pm:
there is an easy way to turn people off illegal drugs, but no one has the balls to do it.

How ?

In the meantime, was reported last week in the media that the most used drugs right now in Australia are steroids.  It's claimed steroid users outnumber all other drugs

I don't know much about drugs and always thought people took steroids to bulk up.  And it's said that steroids cause 'roid rage'

So that's nice isn't it -- a country filled with roid-raging inadequates who put animal steroids in their idiots bodies so they can look 'buff' or whatever

And it's particularly pertinent to me right now because our idyllic haven has been suffering for a couple of years at the hands of a third-generation Mediterranean and his friends, all of whom use steroids and walk around in a gang intimidating old people like me for no known reason other than the fact they're gutless cowards who have to get around clutching each other's penisis whilst monstering those old enough to be their grandparents

I hope they roll their thumpty-thumpty wreck of a car out in the boondocks and perish in a ball of fire -- I genuinely hope so.  Because the police are just as bad and do nothing to protect the public.  Seems all the police want to do is get around in uniform, in taxpayer funded vehicles, being paid to go to Subways ten times a day

Drugs?  What does that say about the human condition when every single culture and society is too gutless, too useless to live the life they were given.  They all have to put something in their system in order to make their pointless lives more bearable

And now this country is filled with idiots using steroids and walking with their arms held out from their sides and their legs apart like kids with dirty nappies to prove what big arms and testes they have

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:06pm

PZ547 wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 9:41pm:

Drugs?  What does that say about the human condition when every single culture and society is too gutless, too useless to live the life they were given.  They all have to put something in their system in order to make their pointless lives more bearable

That's a pretty simplistic view of drug taking. It could {perhaps} be more accurate in regards to addiction, but not all people who take even addictive drugs are or will become addicts.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:14pm

How ?

In the meantime, was reported last week in the media that the most used drugs right now in Australia are steroids.  It's claimed steroid users outnumber all other drugs

I don't know much about drugs and always thought people took steroids to bulk up.  And it's said that steroids cause 'roid rage'

So that's nice isn't it -- a country filled with roid-raging inadequates who put animal steroids in their idiots bodies so they can look 'buff' or whatever

And it's particularly pertinent to me right now because our idyllic haven has been suffering for a couple of years at the hands of a third-generation Mediterranean and his friends, all of whom use steroids and walk around in a gang intimidating old people like me for no known reason other than the fact they're gutless cowards who have to get around clutching each other's penisis whilst monstering those old enough to be their grandparents

I hope they roll their thumpty-thumpty wreck of a car out in the boondocks and perish in a ball of fire -- I genuinely hope so.  Because the police are just as bad and do nothing to protect the public.  Seems all the police want to do is get around in uniform, in taxpayer funded vehicles, being paid to go to Subways ten times a day

And now this country is filled with idiots using steroids and walking with their arms held out from their sides and their legs apart like kids with dirty nappies to prove what big arms and testes they have

That's a great rant pz

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #23 - Feb 2nd, 2014 at 3:37am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 10:06pm:

That's a pretty simplistic view of drug taking. It could {perhaps} be more accurate in regards to addiction, but not all people who take even addictive drugs are or will become addicts.

Quite  correct AA...  it is a furphy.. 

And John Smith.?  make the harmless... YES.. ''relatively" harmless drugs legal.  LEGAL.

Yep that would surely save many people much grief ,  and Govts HUGE savings. In fact HUGE REVENUE to Govt.
Balance the budget,,??  don't make me laugh till I cry please....

no need to  lay off workers, or cut assistance to the disadvantaged , the cancer sufferers ,  the poor, the mentally ill,  ..

not necessary...
there is a massive market out there that is being given,
yep , undeniably GIVEN to criminals to manage.
THAT is criminal.

It is time for the truly brainwashed voters to realise the harm they are responsible for in supporting this bogus war on drugs..
'cos people will ALWAYS use drugs.. it can't be stopped by repressive regimes.. in fact.. what is really the problem..?? 
..it is illegal..
a piece of legislation from an enlightened govt would solve all the problems,  other than individual issues,  with the stroke of a pen.
And NO govt can or should try to intervene in personal health issues, they should be looking at the causes..not demonising and punishing the users.

Undermine criminal organisations  ..Yep ,, easy peasy
Take AWAY the source of the profits for crims ..turn it into a benefit for society..

why is this so hard to understand...?

live every day

IP Logged

gone
Gold Member

Australian Politics

somewhere
Reply #24 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 4:54pm

I have worked with a guy back in Europe. He was in his late thirties. He was on a heroin rehab program. Basically he was working at an organic farm trying to get off his habit. Previously he had been addicted to heroin for 14 consecutive years. But he was a dealer throughout the whole 14 years, so he only got the pure stuff for himself. When I was working with him, he was off the drug for about a year, and you couldn't tell that he had ever been on drugs. He was in perfect health. Because he had pure heroin, no street shite, and he wasn't living on the street, he had an apartment and proper food, his body never really suffered.

I know another ex heroin addict who was living on the streets of Europe. Within 2 years of his addiction he lost all his teeth, due to malnutrition, life on the streets and poverty. He only got street heroin stretched with crap, which made all the difference.

Plenty of studies in Europe show that criminalization of drugs only hurt the addicts. Drugs become much more expensive, therefore the drugs get stretched with crap, the addicts cannot afford a place to live anymore, they get pushed into crime, it's a vicious cycle. 
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2014 at 5:07pm by gone »  

IP Logged

Taipan
Gold Member

Australian Politics

SouthWest Sydney
Reply #25 - Sep 1st, 2014 at 5:02pm

Ever heard of an ecstasy addict? I haven't.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #26 - Sep 3rd, 2014 at 10:20pm

gone wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 at 4:54pm:
I have worked with a guy back in Europe. He was in his late thirties. He was on a heroin rehab program. Basically he was working at an organic farm trying to get off his habit. Previously he had been addicted to heroin for 14 consecutive years. But he was a dealer throughout the whole 14 years, so he only got the pure stuff for himself. When I was working with him, he was off the drug for about a year, and you couldn't tell that he had ever been on drugs. He was in perfect health. Because he had pure heroin, no street shite, and he wasn't living on the street, he had an apartment and proper food, his body never really suffered.

I know another ex heroin addict who was living on the streets of Europe. Within 2 years of his addiction he lost all his teeth, due to malnutrition, life on the streets and poverty. He only got street heroin stretched with crap, which made all the difference.

Plenty of studies in Europe show that criminalization of drugs only hurt the addicts. Drugs become much more expensive, therefore the drugs get stretched with crap, the addicts cannot afford a place to live anymore, they get pushed into crime, it's a vicious cycle. 

Oh agree..  see the govts that cause this have no real idea.. and don't really care.  I wonder why. 

No I know why.. because people in power derive huge profits from illegal drugs.  That would all go away if the black market criminals  didn't dictate to the world.  But they DO.  Approved by govt. 
So  follow the money................ Sad

live every day

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #27 - May 2nd, 2018 at 10:25am

This Topic was moved here from Drug Policy by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print