Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
muslims push for sharia in auss (Read 11856 times)
jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Re: muslims push for sharia in auss
Reply #105 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:50pm

Just as a side comment, abu moans about westerners ignorance towards Islam, I've just got to add he is a terrible steward of his chosen religion, if nothing else he has pushed people further away from understanding and accepting Islam and muslims as part of western society and has increased the fear and suspicion surrounding it. He is doing more damage to Islam and being extremely divisive between muslims and non-muslims. This is the type of person who we need to watch out for, and who needs to be silenced not only for the good of Australian muslims, but for the good of Australia as a whole.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #106 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:52pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:46pm:
Jordan, lots of things "come from other things" but they are not those things. Panadeine comes from Opium, but it is not opium, hundreds of medicines come from urine but they are not urine.

I have answered you already, you simply don't get it, because you're just too simple.

It's not a hard question, abu. I think it's you who are simple if you cannot answer it. And if you have, please direct to where.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #107 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:11pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:44pm:
So are just as docile as the rest here helian. I held out some hope for you, but not anymore.

Abu, don't be a baby.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #108 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:20pm

When dealing with a pack of infantile half-wits, one is not left with much of a choice. As they say argue with idiots and eventually they'll drag you down to their own level and beat you from experience.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #109 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:21pm

Anyway I'm done on this topic, I'm not going to waste the laser-etched letters on my keys anymore than I already have here.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:30pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 12:34pm:
Fear of Muslims is clearly the reason people are inclined to believe the more outlandish claims about Muslims and Islam. Something that is not helped by Muslims' demanding that cartoonists who dare to depict Muhammad should die, should be murdered.

Sure, but fear of Muslims has been carefully crafted. We didn't have this fear en masse before September 11.

The Danish cartoon thing is the biggest media hype there is. Doctors doing abortions in the US get more death threats than the Danish cartoonist. The cartoonist has no security and, from what he says, no fear. People are getting murdered every day, but this guy's doing fine.

But the outcry was profound.

The fear of Muslims has been propagated to create a climate where the US could directly intervene in the oil countries. The fear of Islam is a direct result of the world's dwindling oil supply.

That, and the vacuum created by the fall of the USSR.

It is no suprise that the biggest fear of Islam comes from the greatest proponents of US hegemony. They also scream the loudest (especially on this board).

Oh!

I agree with you that Muslims shoot themselves in the foot by fanning the flames. And many of them are more reactionary than Fox News viewers. More us-versus-them in world where real bombs get dropped.

Or detonated from within an explosives vest.

This whole Shariah law thing is complete hype - bought by the hapless consumers of News Corp publications and TV, and then filtered into the internet as rumours. Or even more likely, vice-versa: trickled into columns like Piers Akerman's from unchecked internet rumours.

Once, the news sought to give the facts - hold it right there - no it didn't!

The news is there to create consumers. The more fear, the more sales, the more advertising.

If a handful of Muslims want their own system to settle their own disputes, let them have it.

After all, until a cop or a civilian gets hit, we never interfere with the gangsters.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #111 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:31pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:21pm:
Anyway I'm done on this topic, I'm not going to waste the laser-etched letters on my keys anymore than I already have here.

weak

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #112 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:33pm

Quote:
If a handful of Muslims want their own system to settle their own disputes, let them have it.

Slippery slope, my friend.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:38pm

jordan484 wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:33pm:
Quote:

Slippery slope, my friend.

You think so? Well, who was it that encouraged all that multicultural folk dancing in the 1970s? Al Grasby?

If I see one more group of men in frilly shirts, black britches and their old school shoes doing the thigh slapping thing, I'll...

No, hang on. I'm used to it now. In fact, it's all rather quaint really, isn't it?

So 1970s.

IP Logged

Happy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:43pm

We should have ONE LAW and definitely not theirs.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:46pm

Happy wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 1:43pm:
We should have ONE LAW and definitely not theirs.

You should turn this into a song, Happy.

But make it a happy song.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #116 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 2:59pm

karnals krap knows no bounds.

docctors doing abortions do it legally and at request. they do not want to take over the world and make everyone have an abortion.
unlike islamics.

ALL the religious wars involve islam. it ie islam against everyone else - as mohammad told you buggerers do.

want your own system - go and live in your own stinking backward repressed sexist country.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 3:24pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 2:59pm:
karnals krap knows no bounds.

docctors doing abortions do it legally and at request. they do not want to take over the world and make everyone have an abortion.
unlike islamics.

ALL the religious wars involve islam. it ie islam against everyone else - as mohammad told you buggerers do.

want your own system - go and live in your own stinking backward repressed sexist country.

Now here's a marvellous example of this genre of duped, hysterical, and almost drugged hyperbole. It's almost cult-like in its groupthink. You can see how people in Iran can get caught up in protests burning US flags with this sort of unquestioning fervour.

Death to Iran! Death to Islam! Invade! Attack! Raise to the ground!

What Sprint ignores is history. Most of our wars have been between Catholics and protestants. Who ever heard of a Muslim 50 years ago? Back in the 1980s, the terrorists were the IRA and UDA.

The Muslims were either mustachioed plane hijackers who said "take me to Havana", or those rich oil sheiks shopping in Harrods. Even then, they weren't Muslims, they were Palestinians. Or Saudis.

Somewhere along the way the trope changed to become an Islamic assault on the rest of the world.

He's right, of course. My krapp knows no bounds.

One last thing: I did used to live in a stinking backward repressed sexist country. Fortunately, we changed it. Now we have to work to save it from reactionary bigots.

Allah Akbar!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #118 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 3:28pm

Quote:

You're really not playing with a full deck of cards are you sprint?

He meant abortionist-performing doctors have more to fear from Christian extremists trying to kill them than cartoonists do from Muslims.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 3:56pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 24th, 2010 at 3:28pm:
Quote:

You're really not playing with a full deck of cards are you sprint?

He meant abortionist-performing doctors have more to fear from Christian extremists trying to kill them than cartoonists do from Muslims.

At least he got as far as the second paragraph before he hit the standard death-to-all-Muslims reply button.

I sometimes wonder if they get read at all.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print