Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
muslims push for sharia in auss (Read 11913 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

muslims push for sharia in auss
Mar 8th, 2010 at 8:50am

they have buggered england and much of europe.
everywhere they are, the more they are given what they want, the more they demand and the more they ruin where they are.

Quote:
ELEMENTS of Islamic law - the sharia - should be legally recognised in Australia so that Muslims can live according their faith, a prominent Muslim leader says.

Addressing an open day at Lakemba Mosque on Saturday, the president of the Australian Islamic Mission, Zachariah Matthews, said parts of sharia could be recognised as a secondary legal system so that Muslims were not forced to act contrary to their beliefs. ''Sharia law could function as a parallel system in the same way that some traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander law was recognised in the Northern Territory,'' Dr Matthews told the Herald after the session.

''I don't think we are so unsophisticated that we cannot consider a multilayered legal system as long as it doesn't conflict with the existing civil system.''

The comments shocked some attending the open day. They felt Dr Matthews was advocating the introduction of the penal system under which women have been stoned to death for adultery, and corporal punishment is meted out for some offences.

''It came as quite a shock to some non-Muslims in the crowd when sharia law and the idea of a parallel legal system was mentioned,'' one audience member, Jasmine Donnelly, said.

''One group of people just left straight after that.''

But Dr Matthews said he was referring only to certain elements of family law and inheritance law and was not advocating the sharia penal system.

''I wasn't talking about sharia law in its entirety - we are not calling for the introduction of the penal system which calls for cutting off hands,'' he said.

Dr Matthews said a clash occurred in some custody matters. ''Under sharia law, if a couple divorce and the mother remarries, her former husband has the right to decide whether the children will live with the new husband or not,'' Dr Matthews said.

''There is still a preference for the child to go with the mother, but the father has the ultimate decision.

''This does not exist in Australian law but I do not believe it clashes fundamentally with Australian values or the Australian legal system.''

http://www.smh.com.au/national/muslim-leader-wants-elements-of-sharia-in-austral...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: muslims push for sharia in auss
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2010 at 8:29pm

Quote:
''This does not exist in Australian law but I do not believe it clashes fundamentally with Australian values or the Australian legal system.''

Then he is an idiot. Our system puts the interests of the child first. Their system puts the interests of the father above all else. What happens if the mother wants it decided in a real court and the father in a kangaroo court? What else could this possibly bring but clashes? Custody cases only go to court if their is a disagreement over who should get custody. How are they going to agree on a court system? If they agree, they can hold whatever kangaroo court they want and agree to respect it's decision, provided it remains voluntary. His stupid scheme would only be different to the current situation if you could impose Sharia on peiople against their will.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2010 at 8:57pm

Quote:
But Dr Matthews said he was referring only to certain elements of family law and inheritance law and was not advocating the sharia penal system.

''I wasn't talking about sharia law in its entirety - we are not calling for the introduction of the penal system which calls for cutting off hands,'' he said.

That's funny, Dr Matthews. I thought Islam was a total way of life. Where does it say in Islam that you can choose to submit to some of the laws only, instead of total submission, just genuflect a little? Is Dr Matthews a Church of England convert?

IP Logged

Paella

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2010 at 9:35pm

Just calm down everyone. If you want to work yourselves into a fervour, do it over something that might actually happen.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 8:31am

Quote:
If you want to work yourselves into a fervour, do it over something that might actually happen.

That is the whole point paella, it has happened overseas, and unless we wish to see it happen here as well, we do need to monitor closely, just what designs minorities may have, and make our objections , loud and clear, if their agenda is counter to the best interests of our own society and culture.

We have our own culture, and a lot of us think it is a pretty darned great one, and we have the absolute right to defend that.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 10:29am

mozzaok wrote on Mar 10th, 2010 at 8:31am:
Quote:
If you want to work yourselves into a fervour, do it over something that might actually happen.

That is the whole point paella, it has happened overseas, and unless we wish to see it happen here as well, we do need to monitor closely, just what designs minorities may have, and make our objections , loud and clear, if their agenda is counter to the best interests of our own society and culture.

We have our own culture, and a lot of us think it is a pretty darned great one, and we have the absolute right to defend that.

This just in:

Migrants must obey new laws
EXCLUSIVE by Gemma Jones From: The Daily Telegraph March 10, 2010

NEW migrants from all ethnic backgrounds will have to "demonstrate a unified commitment to Australia" under new state laws.

For the first time multiculturalism legislation will also talk about "shared values" after changes were approved at a State Cabinet meeting yesterday.

Until now the Community Relations and Principles of Multiculturalism Act stated all institutions and people had to "respect and make provision for the culture, language and religion of others".

Community Relations Commission chairman Stepan Kerkyasharian said the law change would create a new definition of multiculturalism.

"We're not telling people to change their religion - we're not telling people to all look the same," he said.

"There are some things where we have to be all the same. Those things are the way we obey the law and the way we demonstrate our commitment to Australia.

"What this [change] does, it says that while we accept that Australians have different languages, backgrounds, they may speak different languages at home, they may have different religions, different ethnic groups, the bottom line is we have some common values.

"As Australians we all have a commitment to this country."

He said the laws of Australia would now be recognised above people's cultural backgrounds.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/migrants-must-obey-new-laws/story-e6freuy9...

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 10:50am

well done.
I'ld like to see that any intending immigrant OR resident immigrant vow to never attempt to install any other legal system over the westminster system.
Nor attempt to impose any other form of political control NOR make any comments/plans/actions against OUR armed forces or political leaders.

Any breaking of these vows and you get shipped out bucko.

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:08am

Sounds pretty vague to me. How are we going to go about enforcing this 'commitment' to Australia? What does that even mean? Really think we're going to be kicking people out who don't?

Nothing is going to come out of this.

Its not like these Muslims here are ever going to have the numbers needed to impose Shariah law anyway. Sure, they're obnoxious, but they're not really that much of a threat.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:14am by aikmann4 »  

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:24am

imperium - Quote:
.........Its not like these Muslims here are ever going to have the numbers needed to impose Shariah law anyway. Sure, they're obnoxious, but they're not really that much of a threat. ...

exactly what europe and england thought years ago when they were going through early prob;lems.

do NOT be the frog in a pot of water being bought to the boil

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:43am

aikmann4 wrote on Mar 10th, 2010 at 11:08am:
Sounds pretty vague to me. How are we going to go about enforcing this 'commitment' to Australia? What does that even mean? Really think we're going to be kicking people out who don't?

Nothing is going to come out of this.

Its not like these Muslims here are ever going to have the numbers needed to impose Shariah law anyway. Sure, they're obnoxious, but they're not really that much of a threat.

This establishes a legal basis for challenging views that express loyalty to 'foreign powers', as they used to say. The princip;le of 'cultural diversity' is replaced, in the law, with the principle of commitment to Australia. Advocacy of a Caliphate to rule Australia would be an unlawful stance, just to give one example that immediately springs to mind.

But that, of course, is a fundamental tenet of Muslims like Abu, so once this law is proclaimed, he and his Hizb ul Tahtrir brovvers will not have multiculturalist law to hide behind when advocating foreign rule in a future Australia.

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #10 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 12:01pm

Point of the matter is, only about 1.7% (2006 census, certainly a little larger now) of Australians are Muslims, and the majority of immigrants to Australia are not Muslims. If there is ever going to be a future non-European majority in this country, Muslims will not get there first, and actually getting Sharia Law institutionalized would require at least that. The situation is different in Europe.

There's another 'frog in the pot' here; it, not Muslims, is the primary concern. They are just far more visible, overtly hostile and obnoxious than other groups.

These laws are only as useful as the willingness of the people underneath to be regulated according to them. As cowardly as White people are, they would never accept Sharia law as long as they are a majority. Laws like this would have no control if Whites did not have the numbers to impose them.

Lol, my comment on that Daily Telegraph board wasn't accepted. Yet poo like this is allowed:

Quote:
Aboriginal people are the only real Australians, There people have been here for 60,000 prior prior to anglos deporting there convicted crimals here between 1788 & 1858...They just sailed in and claimed the land... Get a grip on you inbred view of who is truely australian....All whites out of Australia..

« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2010 at 12:38pm by aikmann4 »  

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 12:41pm

oh, only 1.7 %

and some are already talking sharia law, some wanna be terrorists, muslim enclaves.

AND - Quote:
................just far more visible, overtly hostile and obnoxious than other groups.......

you see what some of us are concerned about then ?

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 12:48pm

Why would you think I'm not concerned with them either? I don't want them here. I'm just saying that given the current situation in Australia, Muslims are not the likely group to end up the supreme rulers and inheritors of this country. Focusing on them entirely misses the big picture.

IP Logged

Paella

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 5:52pm

Deep breaths, everybody. Deep breaths.

Has no one here heard of the Rule of Law? Last I checked, it still applied in Australia.

Just calm down, take a few deep breaths, put your nooses down and step away from the pitchfork.

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2010 at 6:30pm

Yes, laws are like the physical constants of the universe; completely unchangable and not subject to the whims of social attitudes.
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2010 at 6:43pm by aikmann4 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print