Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
One billion in unpaid traffic fines (Read 8312 times)
Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Re: One billion in unpaid traffic fines
Reply #15 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:46am

Quote:
If you think about it our road laws turned to revenue raising around the same time we started to accept muslim lebanese into this country in the early 80's.

I know, right? AIDS was discovered too. And if I remember correctly, Azaria Chamberlain went missing in the 80s. I never bought that dingo story.

Arabs are evil, dude.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 12:17pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 3:03pm:
fawkes wrote on Mar 8th, 2010 at 9:00pm:
Only whimpy government stooges would recommend obeying stupid laws when it's possible to ignore them.

Couldn't expect much better from a self-absorbed bludger who, although claims he is comfortably off, feels he should be reimbursed 10 fold for the few taxes he paid in a lifetime for services he took for granted. Go live in a country that has no infrastructure... If nothing else you'll feel more justified in refusing to pay taxes.

How can you call someone such names, when you have no idea who he/she maybe. It could be your neighbour.
A lot of insults flying around this subject.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Feb 23rd, 2021 at 11:17pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Mar 14th, 2010 at 12:00am:
Soren wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 9:00pm:
fawkes wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 8:06pm:
Soren wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 5:25pm:
Which bit of the social contract covers YOUR responsibilities??

There isn't one that I have ever agreed to.

Not even the bit about paying you for being you?

Wink

You may as well be speaking Greek to an Eskimo. Leeches don't feel the need even to thank their hosts for the blood, let alone give some back.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #18 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 3:10am

I got a $391 fine for running a yellow light two seconds after the light turned yellow. I took it up with the courts to just have the infringement notice removed out of a sense that the officer did not give enough time for me to react and stop over a distance of 20 metres. The magistrate acted like Helen Keller and claimed that there was enough evidence to say that I could have stopped within 1.5 seconds (and other things that meant that I was done on a technicality). My fine did not change and I had to pay court costs and some SPERS revenue-raising bs.

I can only hope that someone uses that $570 of that fine to put up a camera on that intersection so that other people do not get done for quota cops' need for relevancy during a quiet night on a public holiday.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 4:52pm

I always plead guilty and a so far I've gotten off 3 out of 5 appearances with a cuff over the ear by the Magistrate for my 'attitude' though. 3 out of 5 also with Cops on the road as well. Not bad. Guilty as  Wink They also say I need to change my attitude.  Tongue

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #20 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 10:19pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 4:52pm:
I always plead guilty and a so far I've gotten off 3 out of 5 appearances with a cuff over the ear by the Magistrate for my 'attitude' though. 3 out of 5 also with Cops on the road as well. Not bad. Guilty as  Wink They also say I need to change my attitude.  Tongue

Had I plead guilty for my infringement notice, I would have just had to pay $391 and 3 demerit points. But, I went all in and found that the magistrate was willing to overlook the fact that I caught her running a yellow light less difficult circumstance to stop for in her situation. The result was a $220 addition to my fine.

No magistrate would give a person a hard time over a guilty plea. You save the court time and money if you plead guilty. What irritates me is if the courts get presented a situation where an 18 y.o. driver gets involved in a traffic crash (which she causes), but gets away with a conviction as it was her first crash.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Feb 24th, 2021 at 10:31pm

You just need to have that look in your eye that you know the Cop's sister Unsub.  Wink

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #22 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 2:56am

Jasin wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 10:31pm:
You just need to have that look in your eye that you know the Cop's sister Unsub.  Wink

Uhuh. A narcissistic police officer who would not take any disagreement from a motorist. If he had a sister, she would probably be in therapy.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 2:01am

UnSubRocky wrote on Feb 25th, 2021 at 2:56am:
Jasin wrote on Feb 24th, 2021 at 10:31pm:

Uhuh. A narcissistic police officer who would not take any disagreement from a motorist. If he had a sister, she would probably be in therapy.

I would never cross the line working in the therapy industry.
His sister outside of the industry that needs therapy is a different matter.  Wink

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #24 - Mar 6th, 2021 at 12:27am

I could not imagine that it would be a happy family.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Mar 6th, 2021 at 7:13pm

Jasin wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 2:01am:
I would never cross the line working in the therapy industry.

is that what patients call it these days? Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print