Sodomy (Read 6384 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Sodomy
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 9:56pm

fawkes wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 at 9:49pm:
What freedom of others is Abu seeking to curtail?

Just about all of them. Freedom of religion. Freedom of speech. Freedom of dress. Freedom to choose who you have sex with without the government interfering. Plus democracy.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Islam_and_Australian_values

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 10:35pm

Have you considered the possibility that there's no one law on anything in Islam because there's so many different states?

But in case you do get caught in the act, as it were, how would you get the death penalty?

Maybe that sheik in Lakemba could issue a fattwa on you and your partner in crime.

You'd have a defense though: you could say your partner was coming out of the shower, looked like a piece of uncovered meat, and just like the cat, you couldn't resist, dear.

IP Logged

fawkes

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 10:27am

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 at 9:56pm:
fawkes wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 at 9:49pm:
What freedom of others is Abu seeking to curtail?

Just about all of them. Freedom of religion. Freedom of speech. Freedom of dress. Freedom to choose who you have sex with without the government interfering. Plus democracy.

Wow, that's quite a list! But on second thoughts, curtailing those things a bit might be beneficial.

Freedom of religion.  No great loss in my opinion, and certain to reduce a lot of unproved speculation.

Freedom of speech.  We don't have that now.  Just try publishing an analysis of the troubles Israel and Jews have brought upon the world, and see how long you last.

Freedom of dress. I would want more details of the prescribed dress code before forming an opinion about that.

Freedom to choose who you have sex with without the government interfering. There are plenty of people now in gaol who can assure you we don't have that now.

Plus democracy. The system we labour under at present is a sham democracy at best. Perhaps curtailing that so that something better can be introduced might not be a bad thing.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Mar 2nd, 2010 at 10:20pm

freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 at 8:36pm:
Abu, you still seem to be ignoring the initial request. Is Sodomy really punishable with death under Islam, or only for married people (ie death for adultery)????

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 12:19pm

freediver wrote on Mar 2nd, 2010 at 10:20pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 at 8:36pm:
Abu, you still seem to be ignoring the initial request. Is Sodomy really punishable with death under Islam, or only for married people (ie death for adultery)????

Come come, my dear. It is perfectly understandable for Mohammedans to stone their fellow sodomites. It keeps the population down.

I mean, you don't want them here, do you?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print