Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
OBL speaks out on climate change (Read 2411 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

OBL speaks out on climate change
Jan 30th, 2010 at 9:40am

Osama goes green. Perhaps it's due to the hard work and campaigning of the Greens in targetting Australia's Arabic/Muslim community:

Seems he's a reader of Chomsky as well.

Bin Laden deplores climate change

The new tape is the second from the al-Qaeda leader to be released in the last week

Osama bin Laden, the al-Qaeda leader, has condemned the US and other industrial economies, holding them responsible for the phenomenon of climate change.

In an audio tape obtained by Al Jazeera, bin Laden criticised George Bush, the former US president, for rejecting the Kyoto pact and condemned global corporations.

"This is a message to the whole world about those responsible for climate change and its repercussions - whether intentionally or unintentionally - and about the action we must take," bin Laden said.

"Speaking about climate change is not a matter of intellectual luxury - the phenomenon is an actual fact."

The tape follows one released earlier this week in which the al-Qaeda leader praised a Nigerian man accused of a failed attempt to blow up an airliner heading for Detroit on Christmas Day.

'Grave repercussions'

In the new recording, bin Laden says "all the industrial states" are to blame for climate change, "yet the majority of those states have signed the Kyoto Protocol and agreed to curb the emission of harmful gases".

"Noam Chomsky was correct when he compared the US policies to those of the Mafia"
(Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda leader)

He continued: "However, George Bush junior, preceded by [the US] congress, dismissed the agreement to placate giant corporations. And they are themselves standing behind speculation, monopoly and soaring living costs.

"They are also behind 'globalisation and its tragic implications'. And whenever the perpetrators are found guilty, the heads of state rush to rescue them using public money."

The Kyoto Protocol, a UN treaty aimed at combating global warming, was adopted in December 1997 and has since been ratified by 187 states, but not by the US congress.

Although a signatory to the agreement, the US under Bush refused to ratify the treaty, saying that it should contain binding goals for developing countries to reduce emissions as well as those for industrialised nations.

Targeting US dollar

In the new recording, bin Laden said: "Noam Chomsky [the US academic and political commentator] was correct when he compared the US policies to those of the Mafia. They are the true terrorists and therefore we should refrain from dealing in the US dollar and should try to get rid of this currency as early as possible.

"I am certain that such actions will have grave repercussions and huge impact."

While continuing to attack America, bin Laden's comments mark a shift from his earlier, more regionally focused commentary.

In his previous tape, bin Laden warned that there would be further attacks on the US unless Barack Obama, the current US president, took steps to resolve the Palestinian conflict.

The Obama administration dismissed bin Laden's comments on the earlier tape and said intelligence analysts had not confirmed that the voice was that of bin Laden.

Source: al-Jazeerah

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: OBL speaks out on climate change
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 12:17pm

Yes I can understand why a muslim would dread the thought of it getting even hotter under his or her absurd robes.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2010 at 3:21pm

Yeh because any dress choice other than the one freediver has selected must be absurd.

You're such an egocentric goose it's not funny.

Unless you're a nudist, then attacking other people for wearing too much clothes is a little rich, considering you yourself probably cover simply for reasons of personal modesty/shame and/or public decency.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 8:23am

It also helps with the bluebottles.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #4 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:01am

Really the only absurdity here fd is your claim that wearing clothes when it's hot is absurd.

As I said, unless you strip off to nothing when the mercury goes up, and think anyone who doesn't do the same is absurd also, then you are nothing but a hypocrite.

The idea we wear clothes merely for protection from the cold is just not factual.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #5 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:08am

There goes the neighbourhood.  I guess it's akin to Ivan Milat supporting the Liberals. Who gives a flying .......?
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2010 at 10:36am by muso »  

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #6 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 2:13pm

Comparing that murderous scumbag to someone like OBL is just ridiculous. OBL is a politician, military strategist and freedom fighter. You might not like what he fights for, or even his modus operandi, but to put him on the same level with Milat is just ridiculous.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 3:20pm

I agree with Abu. Osama has a much higher score than Milat.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2010 at 5:28pm

Ok enough said. It's pretty irrelevant anyway and we're getting off the topic. This board is for Environment. It's definitely not a mouthpiece for terrorist sympathisers. Please don't start another thread on this subject.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print