Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
FBI: 10% of U.S. Mosques Preach Jihad (Read 3516 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
FBI: 10% of U.S. Mosques Preach Jihad
Jan 28th, 2010 at 9:43pm

http://newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Mosques-preach-jihad/2009/11/10/id/336125

Imams preach jihad and extremism in 10 percent of the 2,000 mosques in the United States, the FBI estimates

About a quarter of the Muslims in America ages 18 through 29 believe that suicide bombings can be justified, according to a Pew Research Center poll. Generating those attitudes are imams who preach jihad and hatred in American mosques and postings on the Internet, according to FBI counterterrorism officials interviewed for my book “The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack.”

Saying he is being conservative, an FBI counterterrorism official told me in interviews for the book that 1 in 10 imams preach jihad. Before 9/11, the number of mosques where imams preached jihad was even greater than today.

“Those who actively support extremist causes, say America is evil and deserves what it gets, and celebrate the death of soldiers, know they may come to our attention,” an FBI official says. “So they don’t do it as openly now.”

Before 9/11, he says, “There was much more of that because all of it was considered by Justice Department guidelines to be purely protected speech. We do not have incitement laws in America, but once an imam facilitates someone else taking action, he has crossed the line into material support and becomes our business.”

An example was Ali al-Timimi, a spiritual leader at a mosque in Northern Virginia who preached jihad and provided contact information for those who went to Afghanistan for training in terrorist camps. Al-Timimi is serving a life prison term.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: FBI: 10% of U.S. Mosques Preach Jihad
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 9:17am

Yep, looks like Bush did a great job of pacifying those muzlems and a-rabs didn't he. He sure showed them.

Do you honestly think if you invade, bomb, murder, rape, pillage people's countries, they're going to be beaten into submission and then become all scared and passive?

Wake up fd. It harshens people, it increases enmity, not the opposite.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 10:23am

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 29th, 2010 at 9:17am:
Yep, looks like Bush did a great job of pacifying those muzlems and a-rabs didn't he. He sure showed them.

Do you honestly think if you invade, bomb, murder, rape, pillage people's countries, they're going to be beaten into submission and then become all scared and passive?

War most definitely hardens the resolve of the vanquished and feeds a collective enmity that can remain undiminished for hundreds of years over dozens of generations.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 12:33pm

Those mosques were in America? Attended by American muslims? Whose country are you suggesting is getting bombed and invaded?

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 8:31pm

Sorry Abu, I did not intend to trick you into saying something silly. I'm sure you can just move further back in history to some other 'justification' without skipping a beat.

Quote:
“Those who actively support extremist causes, say America is evil and deserves what it gets, and celebrate the death of soldiers, know they may come to our attention,” an FBI official says. “So they don’t do it as openly now.”

Before 9/11, he says, “There was much more of that because all of it was considered by Justice Department guidelines to be purely protected speech. We do not have incitement laws in America, but once an imam facilitates someone else taking action, he has crossed the line into material support and becomes our business.”

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 11:03am

jordan484 wrote on Jan 29th, 2010 at 12:33pm:

Those mosques were in America? Attended by American muslims? Whose country are you suggesting is getting bombed and invaded?

Take your time answering this, abu. I can wait.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2010 at 7:25pm

Ok then. At least answer the following question if you refuse to answer the former.

Will you answer the former question and if not, why not?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 4:23pm

Your questions were serious?

You honestly don't know which country they're in?

When you have an actual question that necessitates an answer, then feel free to ask, until then, just hold a wee moment, I'll be back in a jiffy  Grin

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 7:06pm

I'd also like to know which countries you were referring to Abu. It usually helps if you focus on the questions you can answer seriously, rather than only addressing the ones you don't want to actually answer.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2010 at 7:43pm

Quote:
Your questions were serious?

Yes

Quote:
You honestly don't know which country they're in?

I know what country they are in. I want to know what countries you're referring to when you say -
Quote:

Because it seems like you're giving the American muslims an excuse for their bad behaviour because Bush invaded "their" countries. "Their" country would be the USA wouldn't it?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #10 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 9:03am

It was quite obvious that when speaking about their lands being attacked, I was talking about their homes being bombed, their families perhaps even slaughtered. Just because someone is an American citizen, doesn't mean they cease having families and homes in other lands. And this goes the same for British immigrants too, so don't try to claim it's something unique to Muslims.

Besides, when America is attacked, you feel a strong connection to them (being your co-religionists) even enough to go and fight for them.

I would've thought anyone with half a shred of grey matter in their cranium would've worked this one out on their own as a given.... I forgot I'm dealing with a pack of absolute dolts here.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #11 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 9:16am

Quote:
It was quite obvious that when speaking about their lands being attacked, I was talking about their homes being bombed, their families perhaps even slaughtered.

Not obvious at all, hence the question. Their homes would be in America. You're talking about homes of family members living abroad.

Quote:
Just because someone is an American citizen, doesn't mean they cease having families and homes in other lands

Of course not, but that's not what you seemed to be implying.

Quote:
Besides, when America is attacked, you feel a strong connection to them (being your co-religionists) even enough to go and fight for them.

I'm not religious. I have no religion. I don't go and fight for the American's anymore than you do.

Quote:
I would've thought anyone with half a shred of grey matter in their cranium would've worked this one out on their own as a given.... I forgot I'm dealing with a pack of absolute dolts here.

No. What's happened here is you have made the Freudian slip of implying that an American muslim's country was not the USA. You were not talking about their family members homes, or their families living abroad. Now you're backing up, desperately trying to blame someone else for your lack of ability to explain what you mean.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #12 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 1:37pm

Quote:
You're talking about homes of family members living abroad.

I don't know about you, but if I moved abroad, my family home in Australia would still be mine. Maybe your warped atheistic view of the family precludes that, and for that I feel truly sorry for you, but for other normal humans like myself, the family home would always remain the home of the children, no matter what country they lived in.

Quote:
I'm not religious. I have no religion. I don't go and fight for the American's anymore than you do.

Maybe not you personally, but Australia does go and fight because of the religious heritage they share. Pakistan was also part of the British empire, but Australia doesn't go and fight for Pakistan if they have a war, because they don't have the same religious heritage. Australia and America do though. Even though America is historically further removed from the British empire than Pakistan was.

Quote:
No. What's happened here is you have made the Freudian slip of implying that an American muslim's country was not the USA.

I don't know your family history, but if you had family in England for instance, and Australia did end up allying with Pakistan for some reason and Pakistan was bombing England and slaughtering lots of people there perhaps even your cousins... wouldn't you feel a little hostile towards such actions?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #13 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 2:07pm

Quote:
Maybe your warped atheistic view of the family precludes that, and for that I feel truly sorry for you, but for other normal humans like myself,

I'm not normal because I don't have religious beliefs?

Arrogance shining through again, abu.

And don't lie, you don't feel sorry for non-muslims. You never will.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 4:50pm

No, on the contrary I feel the most sorry for you, because at the present rate you are on the pathway to hellfire.

I feel sorry for you that you adopt atheism which generally results in weak family ties. Religion on the other hand values the family and struggles to keep the family strong. And I think that's why it was beyond you to comprehend what  I was saying.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print