Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
FBI: 10% of U.S. Mosques Preach Jihad (Read 3515 times)
jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Re: FBI: 10% of U.S. Mosques Preach Jihad
Reply #15 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 6:41pm

Arrogance with a touch of naivety.  Even better.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2010 at 7:32pm

Quote:
It was quite obvious that when speaking about their lands being attacked, I was talking about their homes being bombed, their families perhaps even slaughtered. Just because someone is an American citizen, doesn't mean they cease having families and homes in other lands. And this goes the same for British immigrants too, so don't try to claim it's something unique to Muslims.

Abu, you have yet again failed to actually answer the question. Which countries are you referring to? 'Abroad' is not a country.

Also, which wars are you referring to?

It appears that you have taken the Muslim grievance syndrome one step further to claim that American Muslims turned to extremism in response to 'future crimes' by the US.

One day, Muslims such as yourself will have to realise that they are responsible for their own actions, and cannot do whatever they want and blame some incident on the other side of the world for their own lack of judgement or self control. There will always be injustice in some part of the world, though even if that were eliminated you would just harken back to historical injustice. The civilised way to handle it is to fight injustice, not seek vengence. There is a subtle, yet crucially important difference that you seem oblivious to. Perhaps your concept of Islamic justice has blinded you to what genuine justice is.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2010 at 7:38pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 7:09pm

freediver wrote on Jan 28th, 2010 at 9:43pm:
http://newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Mosques-preach-jihad/2009/11/10/id/336125

Imams preach jihad and extremism in 10 percent of the 2,000 mosques in the United States, the FBI estimates

About a quarter of the Muslims in America ages 18 through 29 believe that suicide bombings can be justified, according to a Pew Research Center poll. Generating those attitudes are imams who preach jihad and hatred in American mosques and postings on the Internet, according to FBI counterterrorism officials interviewed for my book “The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack.”

Saying he is being conservative, an FBI counterterrorism official told me in interviews for the book that 1 in 10 imams preach jihad. Before 9/11, the number of mosques where imams preached jihad was even greater than today.

“Those who actively support extremist causes, say America is evil and deserves what it gets, and celebrate the death of soldiers, know they may come to our attention,” an FBI official says. “So they don’t do it as openly now.”

Before 9/11, he says, “There was much more of that because all of it was considered by Justice Department guidelines to be purely protected speech. We do not have incitement laws in America, but once an imam facilitates someone else taking action, he has crossed the line into material support and becomes our business.”

An example was Ali al-Timimi, a spiritual leader at a mosque in Northern Virginia who preached jihad and provided contact information for those who went to Afghanistan for training in terrorist camps. Al-Timimi is serving a life prison term.

What do you think of this one spot?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #18 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 9:56pm

freediver wrote on Aug 4th, 2012 at 7:09pm:
my book “The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack.”

If they're truly sincere about "stopping the next attack" then why don't they think about curbing their insatiable desire to invade, occupy, dominate and pillage Muslim countries? That would be the only logical starting point for someone who was truly sincere about such an endeavour.

freediver wrote on Aug 4th, 2012 at 7:09pm:
An example was Ali al-Timimi, a spiritual leader at a mosque in Northern Virginia who preached jihad and provided contact information for those who went to Afghanistan for training in terrorist camps. Al-Timimi is serving a life prison term.

Yet another innocent Muslim, rotting in the dungeons of the despicable tyrants who think justice is a game, for merely speaking the truth.

Kind of ironic that you proclaim yourself to be a messenger of "free speech", yet you seem to have no problem with innocent Muslims being locked away for life for nothing more than expressing their opinions.

Hypocrite.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #19 - Aug 5th, 2012 at 7:23am

Quote:
FBI: 10% of U.S. Mosques Preach Jihad

If its true its 10% obviously not mainstream then.

Wink

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 6th, 2012 at 7:24pm

freediver wrote on Jan 28th, 2010 at 9:43pm:
http://newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Mosques-preach-jihad/2009/11/10/id/336125

Imams preach jihad and extremism in 10 percent of the 2,000 mosques in the United States, the FBI estimates

About a quarter of the Muslims in America ages 18 through 29 believe that suicide bombings can be justified, according to a Pew Research Center poll. Generating those attitudes are imams who preach jihad and hatred in American mosques and postings on the Internet, according to FBI counterterrorism officials interviewed for my book “The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack.”

Saying he is being conservative, an FBI counterterrorism official told me in interviews for the book that 1 in 10 imams preach jihad. Before 9/11, the number of mosques where imams preached jihad was even greater than today.

“Those who actively support extremist causes, say America is evil and deserves what it gets, and celebrate the death of soldiers, know they may come to our attention,” an FBI official says. “So they don’t do it as openly now.”

Before 9/11, he says, “There was much more of that because all of it was considered by Justice Department guidelines to be purely protected speech. We do not have incitement laws in America, but once an imam facilitates someone else taking action, he has crossed the line into material support and becomes our business.”

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the joys of multiculturalism.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print