Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Leftard PC madness and ideology (Read 1082 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Leftard PC madness and ideology
Jan 28th, 2010 at 11:03am

Quote:
A Job centre in England refused to accept an advertisement for a "reliable" worker because it discriminated against unreliable people.

Nicole Mamo, who runs a recruitment company, posted a request for a domestic cleaner on her local Jobcentre Plus website.

It asked little of applicants other than that they have a good command of English and "must be very reliable and hard-working".

However, when she contacted Jobcentre Plus in Thetford, Norfolk, a member of staff told her the advert would not be displayed in-store in case unreliable workers sued for discrimination.

"I laughed because I thought that was crazy," said Miss Mamo, whose company also supplies NHS staff.

"We are taking people off the dole so not displaying the advert just seems absolutely ridiculous to me."

A spokesman for the Department for Work and Pensions would not comment on why the advert was turned down but said it was accepted eventually.

"We welcome ads seeking reliable applicants," she said.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/reliable-worker-ad-discriminates-against-the-unrelia...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Leftard PC madness and ideology
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2010 at 1:20pm

Unreliable people have rights too you know!!

Just because they're unreliable doesn't mean they don't have families to feed and bills to pay! This is a victory for all those poor unreliable lazy slobs out there!!

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2010 at 1:59pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 28th, 2010 at 1:20pm:
Unreliable people have rights too you know!!

Just because they're unreliable doesn't mean they don't have families to feed and bills to pay! This is a victory for all those poor unreliable lazy slobs out there!!

If you figure that some would be Muslims, you can throw in the religion angle... Make it a religious tolerance thing.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2010 at 8:27pm

Good point. Double whammy!

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2010 at 8:32pm

We have a glut of the unreliable Musulman 'community' already, thank you very much.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 10:41am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jan 28th, 2010 at 11:03am:
Quote:
A Job centre in England refused to accept an advertisement for a "reliable" worker because it discriminated against unreliable people.

Nicole Mamo, who runs a recruitment company, posted a request for a domestic cleaner on her local Jobcentre Plus website.

It asked little of applicants other than that they have a good command of English and "must be very reliable and hard-working".

However, when she contacted Jobcentre Plus in Thetford, Norfolk, a member of staff told her the advert would not be displayed in-store in case unreliable workers sued for discrimination.

"I laughed because I thought that was crazy," said Miss Mamo, whose company also supplies NHS staff.

"We are taking people off the dole so not displaying the advert just seems absolutely ridiculous to me."

A spokesman for the Department for Work and Pensions would not comment on why the advert was turned down but said it was accepted eventually.

"We welcome ads seeking reliable applicants," she said.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/reliable-worker-ad-discriminates-against-the-unrelia...

Yes, all very stupid.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 10:55am

I don't know where 'leftard' comes in, but it's definitely stupid.

I think the staff member was displaying obvious symptoms of unreliability, and probably came out in sympathy with other unreliable people Smiley

Let's face it, some people are as thick as bricks. Maybe they could get a job here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYFQZFL0yoo

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 11:32am

muso wrote on Jan 29th, 2010 at 10:55am:

I think the staff member was displaying obvious symptoms of unreliability, and probably came out in sympathy with other unreliable people Smiley

Let's face it, some people are as thick as bricks. Maybe they could get a job here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYFQZFL0yoo

Grin Grin Might be right there. God knows I've had to work alongside far to many in my life.

As to 'leftard' well sprint gets it wrong so often that I think he just types it from muscle memory. What usually gives me a giggle is that christian ethics as practiced at it's grassroots has always seemed quite 'leftard' to me. Maybe he missed that stuff in church, afterall you have to get to church pretty early to be assured a seat at the back. (Although I'm sure that saying is from a different era except during Xmas and Easter)

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 12:16pm

It's always nice to be a source of amusement for you locutius
Smiley

perhaps our interperetation of left-wing differ?
i am sure our interperetations of the bible differ

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 2:04pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jan 29th, 2010 at 12:16pm:
It's always nice to be a source of amusement for you locutius
Smiley

perhaps our interperetation of left-wing differ?
i am sure our interperetations of the bible differ

Wink I'm sure they do indeed.

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2010 at 6:59am

This has already been going on for years; they're just giving it a new name now.

Quote:

Agreed, 'leftard' as well as the usage of the word 'liberal' as a derogatory epithet is stupid. The latter is immediately associated with the 'Grand Ol Party' kind of conservative, which makes you look stupid, while the former just makes you look stupid in general without the necessary cultural connection. I stay one step ahead of the curve and use the term 'progressive' perojatively; leftard can be swapped for the more elegant 'weakness worshipper', a term I'm hoping remains obscure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print