Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Johnnys back ........... (Read 748 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Johnnys back ...........
Jan 22nd, 2010 at 8:53am

........ aaaaaahhhhhh, the world is a better place.

Quote:
JOHN Howard, self-described cricket tragic, is reportedly in the running to take control of the sport at the highest level.

Rumours have emerged that the former prime minister has been nominated by the governing cricket bodies in Australia and New Zealand to take the leadership of the International Cricket Council when the job becomes vacant in 2012.

Contacted by Fairfax newspapers, a spokeswoman for Mr Howard said he would not comment on the rumours.

Cricket Australia confirmed a candidate had been selected but would not say if it was Mr Howard. "We do have a preferred candidate," a spokesman told Fairfax. "He is very dedicated to cricket and willing for his name to go forward."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/john-howard-nominated-for-the-leaders...

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: Johnnys back ...........
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 4:13pm

I can't wait for Johnny to impart his wisdom upon our cricket team.

But maybe there are better candidates around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jmV3XqBOMU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xD3ESrwnzs&feature=related

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 4:29pm

LOL Amadd. Yes the rodent has no idea, useless at sport useless at politics, the wanker tried to get on the NRL board as well. The rugby league had better hind site than the cricket board seems too.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 5:32pm

He will be rejected as not part of Cricket's Own, ignoring his appalling lack of knowledge of the Game.  He is an embarrassment to Cricket.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 8:18pm

An administrator does not have to be a previous spearhead bowler to be an administrator.

If someone has a passion for the game, makes the right decision , can run a meeting and even has some contacts, that'ld be great.

perhaps you leftards would be better suited to a site that shuns freedom of speech.
krudd krudd krudd krudd

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 8:50pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jan 22nd, 2010 at 8:18pm:
An administrator does not have to be a previous spearhead bowler to be an administrator.

If someone has a passion for the game, makes the right decision , can run a meeting and even has some contacts, that'ld be great.

perhaps you leftards would be better suited to a site that shuns freedom of speech.
krudd krudd krudd krudd

Based on your review of who can be on the ICC Kermit the Frog would also make a fantastic candidate. Smiley

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #6 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 8:51pm

You're right Sprint, there's no need to be a spearhead bowler but he's entering an entirely different field than politics. He should at least start down a few rungs to prove his worth.

You're only as good as your last fight and Johnny copped the mother of all batterings in his last. Now wants to enter a field where he has no experience.
Mind you, it might be a bit nostalgic to see the return of cricket in all whites only.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jan 22nd, 2010 at 9:03pm

I think he'll do well. This is a management position, not a technical position. It's what politicians are good at. His political views are irrelevant.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print