Send Topic Print
Merry Christmas (Read 3296 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Merry Christmas
Dec 25th, 2009 at 9:39am

Well it is Christmas Day, the presents have been opened, the kids are in seventh heaven, and the roast is in the oven, families all over are getting together and expressing their affection.
So to all our posters I wish you all a very Happy Christmas, and hope you all have a safe and satisfying New Year.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Merry Christmas
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 10:17am

prezzys opened, ham getting up to room temp before glazing in oven.
New cd on stereo.

Happy christmas all, take care

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 10:23am

Aren't you an anti-Christian atheist mozza? Seems a little silly for you to be indulging in a Christian festivity if that's the case.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 10:29am

He's not a Messiah man, he's just in it for the piss and the ham. Grin

Merry Solstice and a happy new year Grin

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 10:55am

Either that or Christmas is actually a festivity dedicated to the god of capitalism, and he's sacrificing his hard earnt clams to said deity.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 1:55pm

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying their day with family and friends....and lots of good food and wine! Here's hoping santa was kind to you all.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Aussie Skinhead

Reichsfuhrer der Deutsche
Reich

Queensland Australia
Reply #6 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 4:46pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 10:55am:
Either that or Christmas is actually a festivity dedicated to the god of capitalism, and he's sacrificing his hard earnt clams to said deity.

All this stuff about Father Christmas is a load of crap. Christmas has long since stopped being about religion and the birth of Christ and is now about how many presents you can get. It is very sick if you think about it. I wonder how many children now about the story of Christ. When I went to school, we were taught about why we celebrate Christmas and we even performed plays about it. It was kind of nice. What makes me mad is that the left wing multiculturalists through political correctness are trying to destroy all that and impose secular non-cultural stuff on us. They are basically trying to destroy white western cultures in the name of cultural Marxism.

Back to the subject, happy Christmas, or Yuletide,  and a new wonderful excellent new year.

“Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.”&&&&Reichsfuhrer Adolf Hitler der Grosse Deutsche Reich
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 5:25pm

lol, we will have to remember to also celebrate "Festivus", the holiday invented by George's father in Seinfeld.
In festivus families gathered and told each other how they had disappointed them during the year.
I reckon we would have a lot more responses in here to a Festivus than we do to a Merry Christmas, lmao.

I must say I am surprised that Abu would not realise the atheists' hedonistic principles of self indulgence become paramount for us at this time of the year, and we compete to see how much we can receive while giving as little as possible.

We all know that generousity of spirit is a purely religious phenomenon. Wink

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 8:52pm

Quote:
All this stuff about Father Christmas is a load of crap. Christmas has long since stopped being about religion and the birth of Christ and is now about how many presents you can get. It is very sick if you think about it. I wonder how many children now about the story of Christ. When I went to school, we were taught about why we celebrate Christmas and we even performed plays about it. It was kind of nice.

Christmas isn't mentioned in any Christian text, and in fact early Christians considered the celebration of any birthday to be associated with paganism. Christmas evolved over centuries into what it is today, but actual has no basis in the original Christian teachings at all. It's a pagan festival that was adopted when pagans began entering Christianity en masse.

Quote:
What makes me mad is that the left wing multiculturalists through political correctness are trying to destroy all that and impose secular non-cultural stuff on us. They are basically trying to destroy white western cultures in the name of cultural Marxism.

White western cultural values?? Are you kidding??? Yehoshua HaMoshiakh (pbuh) was a Middle Eastern Hebrew man, how on earth you can claim celebrating his birth is a celebration of white western cultural values is just beyond me. Just changing his name to "Jesus" and making paintings of him as a white, blonde haired blue eyed Westerner doesn't change anything.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Dec 25th, 2009 at 9:19pm

December 25th is Mithra's Birthday. Mithra is of Zoroastrian tradition and apparently the keeper of the truth.

Ironic.

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #10 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 5:33am

abu, you're such an angry, bitter wee lad.......you even seem more angry and bitter than usual. Could that be due to your reprimand by your muslim brothers at MV. They can't stand you. That must hurt. Merry Christmas wee lad!

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #11 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 7:10am

Sappho wrote on Dec 25th, 2009 at 9:19pm:
December 25th is Mithra's Birthday. Mithra is of Zoroastrian tradition and apparently the keeper of the truth.

Ironic.  

Interesting stuff. Mithra had 12 disciples and performed miracles.
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen048.html

Why settle for a clone when you can get the original?
Quote:
In the catacombs at Rome was preserved a relic of the old Mithraic worship. It was a picture of the infant Mithra seated in the lap of his virgin mother, while on their knees before him were Persian Magi adoring him and offering gifts.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Aussie Skinhead

Reich

Queensland Australia
Reply #12 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 11:34am

Quote:
White western cultural values?? Are you kidding??? Yehoshua HaMoshiakh (pbuh) was a Middle Eastern Hebrew man, how on earth you can claim celebrating his birth is a celebration of white western cultural values is just beyond me. Just changing his name to "Jesus" and making paintings of him as a white, blonde haired blue eyed Westerner doesn't change anything.

Yes, Jesus was a Jew. I think we should go back to our pagan roots and abandon the Jewish crap. But the Christian values are uniquely white and western. I don't see any other country practicing them.

“Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.”&&&&Reichsfuhrer Adolf Hitler der Grosse Deutsche Reich
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #13 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 1:02pm

The most blatently Christian country I have ever visited was Ghana.

http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/3/0/2/3/8/p302384_in...

That's a country which, though quite poor,  nevertheless seems to maintain extremely high standards when it comes to religious values, more so than the US or the UK for example. If you drop your wallet in the streets of Accra, there is a very good chance that somebody will pick it up and hand it back to you without expecting a reward.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #14 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 6:47pm

Are you sure about that muso?? Aren't Ghanains blacks?? Are you trying to tell Aussie Skinhead, that blacks could be more honest than whites?? What kind of muddled up nonsense is this?? Perhaps you just don't wanna discriminate against blacks, so you've made this up? Affirmative action or something like that maybe??

Btw, nice info on Mithra, sounds almost exactly like the Christian concoction word for word.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #15 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 8:13pm

Quote:
Btw, nice info on Mithra, sounds almost exactly like the Christian concoction word for word.

Yeah but unfortunately Abu, you are confined to beleving in Jesus Christ because he is also a part of the quran.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #16 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 8:37pm

I definitely believe in him, I just don't believe all the nonsense Christians do, which as that info shows is stuff they just copied from other religions anyway and tacked it onto the tale of Jesus.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #17 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 10:17pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 8:37pm:
I definitely believe in him, I just don't believe all the nonsense Christians do, which as that info shows is stuff they just copied from other religions anyway and tacked it onto the tale of Jesus.

As is the account of the early origins of Moses (موسى), involving his being cast adrift in the bullrushes. If there is a tale from a pre-existing religion, then why re-invent the wheel?

(Referring to Sargon of Akkad)

Quote:
My mother was a high priestess, my father I knew not. The brothers of my father loved the hills. My city is Azupiranu, which is situated on the banks of the Euphrates. My high priestess mother conceived me, in secret she bore me. She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed my lid. She cast me into the river which rose over me. The river bore me up and carried me to Akki....

It's interesting how so many religions draw on older traditions.

I wouldn't mock a religion simply because it has older roots. They all do.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Dec 26th, 2009 at 11:42pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 8:37pm:

As a Muslim you would believe in the virgin birth, wouldn't you?

Virgin (or extraordinary) birth legends are common in religions and pre-date Islam and Christianity. Later religions usually tack on the story or adopt the essence of the story from older traditions... A little liberty with the truth no doubt to compete with the gods and religious traditions the new advocates are seeking to usurp... Hence the necessity of Mohammed's claim of inter-locution by none other than Gabriel, the messenger of god. If he was to usurp Christianity, or at least prevent its advance into Arabia, what better way than to claim that the new religion was revealed by the same entity that heralded in the elder one?

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good founding myth. Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2009 at 11:58pm by NorthOfNorth »  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 12:42am

The baby-adrift story is a common one in ancient Middle Eastern cultures, even back to the time of the Sumerians I think. However, it could be quite possible that casting babies adrift to see if they end up with a better deal in a royal palace was just a normal kind of thing to do back in those days Smiley

But the same birthday and the magians and all that jazz is a little too specific don't you think???

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #20 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 12:54am

Quote:

And a differring account is tacked on to that by Islam...Chinese whispers.

Quote:
It's interesting how so many religions draw on older traditions.

I wouldn't mock a religion simply because it has older roots. They all do.

I truly believe that the foundations of religions were factually and scientifically based on logic.
However, as human nature is corruptive, the intitial truth has been twisted to suit personal gains.

Although I think that there are some flaws in the information provided in this video link, there is a lot of logic in the way that they express the true meaning of religious stories.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2740987755232169561#

My opinion is that for the time, religious stories were a great way of furthering knowledge of the movement of the planets, the seasons, the time to hoard and the time to grow.
If you want to remember something important, then placing  facts into a story will definitely help you to do so.
I think that this Pt.1 of Zeitgeist (although it may not be entirely factual) highlights the relationships of past religions and the real logic which was being ultruistically conveyed at the time.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2740987755232169561#

No it's not meant to be mean to religions, it's just a ..what if?
What if religious stories are an allegory for the movement of the planets? Is that so bad?
Is it not in the name of greater understanding?i

IP Logged

Aussie Skinhead

Reich

Queensland Australia
Reply #21 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 1:06am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 26th, 2009 at 6:47pm:
Are you sure about that muso?? Aren't Ghanains blacks?? Are you trying to tell Aussie Skinhead, that blacks could be more honest than whites?? What kind of muddled up nonsense is this?? Perhaps you just don't wanna discriminate against blacks, so you've made this up? Affirmative action or something like that maybe??

It was a European colony. The Europeans past on their values to the blacks. Christianity was taken over by the Europeans and is now mostly practiced by Europeans, or people who were once colonized by Europeans.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 3:27am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 12:42am:
The baby-adrift story is a common one in ancient Middle Eastern cultures, even back to the time of the Sumerians I think. However, it could be quite possible that casting babies adrift to see if they end up with a better deal in a royal palace was just a normal kind of thing to do back in those days Smiley

Yairs... acourse   Roll Eyes But at least possible.

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 27th, 2009 at 12:42am:
But the same birthday and the magians and all that jazz is a little too specific don't you think???

And the virgin birth was also a later addition to the story of Jesus... Evidenced by the fact that Paul of Tarsus appears to be unaware of his miraculous conception. Unfortunately, Mohammed and the others who wrote the Koran were clearly under the impression it had always been an integral part of Christian mythology.

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 6:48am

During the early Achaemenid era, Zoroastrian faith was more pure. There was only the duality of good and evil which were Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu respectively.

It was during latter Achaemenid rule that the faith lost it's purity and began to accept other gods.

The magi were of an older order again, but because Zoroastrianism became the official faith of the Persians, the Magi had to succumb to it's teachings. 

Once Darius 1 was dead and his influence in maintaining the faith of Zoroastrianism wained, other gods were introduced, by the Magi, and the faith which was oral became a written text.

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print