Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
I now respect Islam (Read 13654 times)
Ephestion

Australian Politics

I now respect Islam
Dec 15th, 2009 at 1:37am

I have decided that religious antagonism me being Greek Christian Orthodox and others being Muslim should not sway my logic. If a person believes in God but in a different way to myself then I should simply respect that and leave no reason for conflict between me and them. I believe in One God Father almighty of Heaven and Earth, Of the visible and invisible, And in Jesus Christ son of God, the only begotten through the Holy Spirit. And as such i no longer will argue on religion. It is my duty as a Christian to respect all religions and not to reject nor conflict with anyone over their faith.

Abu I apologise.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: I now respect Islam
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 6:33am

Well Ephestion, while you may take personal comfort in the idea that your position is noble, in fact it merely means that you have decided to stop fighting about whose invisible friend is the best, and that is a very sensible approach to take, as neither can prove the real worth of their god of choice.

To think that all criticism of Islam, or Christianity is based on this personal competitiveness is not always true, for very often it is an individual act or specific interpretation which comes into question, and these can be examined and argued from the more objective perspective of how they fit in with our standards of decency and morality.

For people like myself who believe gods and religions to be man made concepts, then obviously all the inherent flaws and weaknesses we see mankind party to are reflected in the beliefs of religious people.

As a favourite writer of mine once wrote;

"Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a God superior to themselves. Most Gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child." ---
Robert A. Heinlein

So if we could see a god invented who was not supposed to be omniscient, or omnipotent, then we could see the chance of finding a god who could grow, and learn from his mistakes, rather than having them enshrined in sacred text.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2009 at 6:58am by mozzaok »  

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 8:17am

mozzaok wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 6:33am:
So if we could see a god invented who was not supposed to be omniscient, or omnipotent, then we could see the chance of finding a god who could grow, and learn from his mistakes, rather than having them enshrined in sacred text.

Now what would be the bloody point of that, Mozz?  Smiley

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 8:30am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 8:17am:

Now what would be the bloody point of that, Mozz?  Smiley

lmao, (replies in a very thick cockney accent,) "noddalot"

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 8:55am

ephestion - respect this

Quote:
Human rights watchdog Amnesty International has called on Saudi Arabia to stay a sentence of 40 lashes handed down against a 75-year-old woman for breaching the kingdom's sex segregation rules.

"The minister of the interior (Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz) is reported to have ordered the immediate detention and flogging of a 75-year-old woman, Khamisa Mohammed Sawadi, along with two Saudi Arabian men known only as Fahad and Hadyan," the London-based watchdog said.

"The Saudi Arabian authorities must not carry out the imminent flogging and imprisonment of an elderly woman and two younger men."

Amnesty said all avenues of appeal had been exhausted in Saudi courts against the trio's March conviction for being in the company of members of the opposite sex who were not close relatives.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 9:18am

Ephestion, a noble gesture indeed. I accept your apology and I also apologise for any hurt I may have caused to you or your beliefs during the course of our arguments.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 6:46pm

Ephestion, perhaps you should try approaching the issue from a more 'universal' perpective, rather than a 'Christian' perpsective. There are some very practical implications of the beliefs of people like Abu on other people that have rather unpalatable implications. Disrespect of these beliefs is an important part of modern civilisation, democracy and humanity, regardless of the religious aspects.

http://www.ozpolitic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Islam_and_Australian_values

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 9:09pm

In other words FD, "Dont' give up your bigotry just yet, there's still much more about Islam for which you should keep your blind hatred about them, here's a link to my little anti-Islamic hateblog".

Nice one mate. Very proud of yourself I'm sure.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 9:17pm

Ultimately proselytising religions and political systems tolerate no rivals within their respective domain. Sooner or later, where they meet, they will clash... The best you can hope for is a stand-off.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:01pm

Not necessarily helian.

Islamic law for instance has provision for co-existence with political entities that do not oppress or hinder Muslims from their religion. So I can't see it becoming a problem, if Australia and other Western nations remain true to their secular values. However if they become consumed by the nutcases as we see plenty of examples of here (eg. Yadda, Sprint, FD), then yes there is a possibility of a conflict. The peddlers of the self-fulfilling prophecy that will give them the opportunity to attack Islam and Muslims.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:09pm

The way that Islam treats non-Muslims would count as oppression and hinderance if the situation were reversed. I would certainly consider it oppression, as would most westerners. It is apartheid, on religious rather than racial grounds.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:09pm

Ephestion wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 1:37am:
Abu I apologise.

Apologise.jpg (41 KB | 38 )
Apologise.jpg

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:10pm

He apologised.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:14pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:01pm:
Not necessarily helian.

Abu, as you know, ultimately Islam will tolerate no political or religious rivals... Hence the precarious religio-political schizophrenia of Turkish society.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:18pm

Perhaps Abu can explain to his new friend whether a non-Muslim can lead a 'proper' muslim nation, and whether muslims and non-muslims are treated equally under the law in a 'proper' muslim nation.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #15 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 11:56pm

helian,

Quote:
Abu, as you know, ultimately Islam will tolerate no political or religious rivals...

Not true. Throughout all it's existence the Islamic Caliphate lived amongst rivals. Islam doesn't accept to be subservient to them, of course not. What proud and self-respecting ideology would??

Quote:
Hence the precarious religio-political schizophrenia of Turkish society.

Post-Ottoman Turkish society has absolutely nothing to do with Islam. Not sure what on earth you're on about there. Do tell..

FD,

Quote:
Perhaps Abu can explain to his new friend whether a non-Muslim can lead a 'proper' muslim nation, and whether muslims and non-muslims are treated equally under the law in a 'proper' muslim nation.

The common misconceptions thread is there in the Islamic forum for anyone to gain insight into those kinds of issues. Where authentic Islamic positions are detailed. Unlike your little wiki, where nothing but out of context hatred is posted. Honestly I don't know why you bother, I doubt anyone besides Sprint, Yadda et al. would take it seriously.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:40am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 11:56pm:
helian,

Quote:
Abu, as you know, ultimately Islam will tolerate no political or religious rivals...

Not true. Throughout all it's existence the Islamic Caliphate lived amongst rivals. Islam doesn't accept to be subservient to them, of course not. What proud and self-respecting ideology would??

Co-existing in peace only when there were no serious rivals... Non-proselytising religious ideologies do not seek conflict and confrontation with political systems. They may, however, be proud and self-respecting.

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 11:56pm:
Quote:
Hence the precarious religio-political schizophrenia of Turkish society.

Post-Ottoman Turkish society has absolutely nothing to do with Islam. Not sure what on earth you're on about there. Do tell..

Secularism requires the Turkish army to guarantee its rule in Turkey. It was Attaturk's wish to return Turkey to Europe and ensure that political Islam did not seriously threaten secular rule. For decades there has been a stand-off between Islamism and secular government.

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #17 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 9:53am

Well Ephestion, while you may take personal comfort in the idea that your position is noble, in fact it merely means that you have decided to stop fighting about whose invisible friend is the best, and that is a very sensible approach to take, as neither can prove the real worth of their god of choice.

To think that all criticism of Islam, or Christianity is based on this personal competitiveness is not always true, for very often it is an individual act or specific interpretation which comes into question, and these can be examined and argued from the more objective perspective of how they fit in with our standards of decency and morality.

For people like myself who believe gods and religions to be man made concepts, then obviously all the inherent flaws and weaknesses we see mankind party to are reflected in the beliefs of religious people.

As a favourite writer of mine once wrote;

"Men rarely (if ever) manage to dream up a God superior to themselves. Most Gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child." ---
Robert A. Heinlein

Well Mozzaok at first I thought not to say anything but you definitely deserve an answer.
First of all this man belongs to the greatest civilisation that ever existed in Europe it is Ancient Greek Civilisation and that’s enough to make him nobleman in compression with you. His civilisation also supposed to make you civilised because your barbaric ancestors took everything for granted from them.
Probably Ephepstion wanted to explain to your limited rational materialistic mind that there is also something beyond pleasure of happiness.

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #18 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 10:00am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:01pm:
Not necessarily helian.

Islamic law for instance has provision for co-existence with political entities that do not oppress or hinder Muslims from their religion.
So I can't see it becoming a problem, if Australia and other Western nations remain true to their secular values. However if they become consumed by the nutcases as we see plenty of examples of here (eg. Yadda, Sprint, FD), then yes there is a possibility of a conflict. The peddlers of the self-fulfilling prophecy that will give them the opportunity to attack Islam and Muslims.

Just more 'snake' words, from abu.
i.e.
Just more ISLAMIC deception, designed to 'Don't scare the horses'.

Non-moslems need to understand that ISLAM does NOT tolerate other political systems - and that is what ISLAM effectively is, a political system, masquerading as a religion.

Also, abu has not revealed here [above], the seditious attitude which is actively promoted within all ISLAMIC communities in the 'West', that 'forcing' moslems to obey the secular laws [of a secular state], is presented to all 'good' moslems as 'oppressing moslems' and 'hindering Muslims from their religion'.

And thereby, moslems promote the idea within all ISLAMIC communities in the 'West' in which they live, that it is non-moslems who are oppressing moslems - THEREFORE - it is perfectly acceptable for ALL good moslems to 'struggle' [JIHAD] against and undermine the secular state in which they live.

I wish that people could understand your snaky position as well as i do abu.

Dictionary,
snaky = =
1 long and sinuous like a snake.
2 cold and cunning.

If you are a non-moslem, please preface all declarations coming from moslems with the understanding, that,
the Koran is the ultimate source of authority for every 'good' moslem,

in following the dictates of his 'religion'.

Peaceful ISLAM?? It is a lie!

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."

Koran 9.123

An ISLAM, which is tolerant of others?? It is a lie!

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him;...."

Koran 3.85

Nothing about ISLAM is tolerant, nothing about ISLAM is 'moderate'.

Everywhere ISLAM has been empowered, ISLAM reveals itself to be an intolerant, deceptive, violent, political tyranny.

Deception and lies,
is the only moral constant with which ISLAM, 'interfaces' with 'unbelievers', who ARE NOT yet within ISLAM's power, and influence.

Whereas, all who ARE within ISLAM's power, and influence, suffer degrees of brutality and violence and falsehood, which ISLAM employs to maintain its authority over 'believers'.

Please study ISLAM, and its doctrines,
for yourself,

Today, with the WWW, this is not difficult to do,

Islam 101

http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101.html
http://www.jihadwatch.org/

Inwardly [to its own], ISLAMIC doctrines promote hatred of, and violence towards non-moslems,
while outwardly, always denying this,

ISLAM is deception, ISLAM is lies.

25 May 2007
"......Al-Faisal spent years travelling the UK preaching racial hatred urging his audience to kill Jews, Hindus and Westerners.
......But throughout the trial he denied he had intended to incite people to violence.
......he argued his talks came from the Koran and if he was on trial so was the holy text."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6692243.stm

ISLAM is a false religion, for a false people.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:18am

Yadda, you're a nutcase. The vast majority of Muslims have no problem living in secular societies, and have done for years. What you seem to have a problem with is Muslims exercising their rights within those societies. So if Jews for instance lobby to have an entire suburb surrounded with a fence, so they can carry out their Sabbath duties, that's fine, no problem there. Yet if Muslims for instance lobbied for a permit to build a school... oh no, that's Muslims trying to enforce Shari'ah on us. Your words and your claims stand out as a testament to your irrational beliefs.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #20 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:01pm

Quote:
So if Jews for instance lobby to have an entire suburb surrounded with a fence, so they can carry out their Sabbath duties, that's fine, no problem there.

This isn't fine at all.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #21 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:10pm

I think you'll find Yadda considers it quite kosher.

Also according to Australia's secular and democratic principles there should be no problem with it. If they lobby for it, and it's approved, then more power to them.

The only people I can imagine who'd have a problem with it are xenophobic hate filled bigots that want to strip everyone of their culture/beliefs/morals and turn them into hedonistic aimless cultureless zombies who just roam around wasting their lives on drugs, alcohol or sex addictions.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #22 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:15pm

Well, I don't see myself as what you describe. But I still have a problem with that sort of division. Not appropriate in a community like ours.

And quit being so arrogant. Religious people DO NOT have the monopoly on culture/values/morals/beliefs. In fact, all evidence points to the opposite. Look at you.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:19pm

sure, yaddas a nutcase. 

but abus an islamic nutcase. The sort that are intolerant, violent to their own ends and find our society unacceptable.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #24 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:51pm

Quote:
The sort that are intolerant, violent to their own ends and find our society unacceptable.

I find Australian society quite acceptable, and unlike yourself I'm actually an Australian.  Cheesy

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #25 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:00pm

Did you feel all dirty saying that abu? You may have to go wash the westerner off yourself now.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #26 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:09pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:18am:
Yadda, you're a nutcase.
The vast majority of Muslims have no problem living in secular societies
, and have done for years. What you seem to have a problem with is Muslims exercising their rights within those societies. So if Jews for instance lobby to have an entire suburb surrounded with a fence, so they can carry out their Sabbath duties, that's fine, no problem there. Yet if Muslims for instance lobbied for a permit to build a school... oh no, that's Muslims trying to enforce Shari'ah on us. Your words and your claims stand out as a testament to your irrational beliefs.

That is a naked lie abu.

You know it.

And i know it.

Two points, which are truthful,

#1,
Any moslem who enjoys living within, and being a part of, a secular society, by their own actions is effectively declaring to the moslem community -
"I AM NOT A REAL MOSLEM, I AM RENOUNCING ISLAM."

THE KORAN, commands...

"....take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends....
......he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them."

Koran 5.51
i.e. any moslem, and who makes sincere friendships with 'unbelievers', IS an unbeliever [become an apostate themselves, and worthy of death].

"O ye who believe! Take not into your intimacy those outside your ranks: They will not fail to corrupt you......"

Koran 3.118

"O ye who believe! Take not for friends unbelievers rather than believers: Do ye wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves?"

Koran 4.144

"....those who reject Allah have no protector."

Koran 47.008
v. 8-11
This last verse from the Koran, is an open invitation to 'good' moslems, to kill apostates [those who leave ISLAM].

"......the curse of Allah is on those without Faith."

Koran 2.089

#2,
Clearly ISLAM itself defines, that those moslems, who claim to be devout moslems, who yet, claim to be tolerant of secular society, and secular laws,
ARE LIARS, AND DECEIVERS.

i.e.
They are just being good moslems,
.....in deceiving the dumb, the naive, 'unbelievers'.iSomething said here [by devout moslems], about 'moslems' living un-ISLAMIC lifestyles!

ISLAM demands total intolerance of the
Jahiliyya
[un-ISLAMIC] lifestyle - among moslems.

This is a pronouncement against
Jahiliyya
, from an notable ISLAMIC scholar,

"THE RIGHT TO JUDGE"
"It is not the function of Islam to compromise with the concepts of Jahiliyya which are current in the world or to co-exist in the same land together with a jahili system........"

by SAYYID QUTB
http://www.islamworld.net/justice.html

"....Jahiliyya is a result of the lack of Sharia law, without which Islam cannot exist;"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahiliyya#Jahiliyya_in_contemporary_society

But you know all of this, don't you abu ???

But never a word from you abu.

Q.
Why not abu ???

Is it,
#1, because you are not a
real
moslem abu, because you are unaware of these facts of ISLAMIC doctrine ???

Or is the reason for you 'non-disclosure' in this forum, because,
#2, you know these things, very well ???

......and you are just being a
good
moslem, seeking to deceive your declared enemy.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #27 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:26pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:18am:

Yadda, you're a nutcase.

No i am not abu.

But you are a liar, when you know that you are speaking to the uninformed, about ISLAM.

You are full of fear abu.

That is why you feel the need for lies, and deception.

Because you feel, you know, that your god, Allah, cannot protect you from the TRUTH.         

Cool

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #28 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:50pm

Ephestion,

You said,
"I now respect Islam"

You sound like a humanist!          Shocked

Don't you have any other 'motherhood' statements for us ???

Don't you have any more platitudes for us ???

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil."

Thomas Mann

Ephestion,

I have a question for you.

Do you believe that peoples opinions, should be based in knowledge ???

OR,do you believe that the opinions of ignorant people are just as valuable, as the opinions of those who are knowledgeable?

OR, doesn't it matter, as long as we are all 'tolerant'?          Smiley

"I now respect Islam"

What,
do you respect about ISLAM ???

p.s.
God forgive you.

Indeed, God forgive us all.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #29 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:53pm

Humanists don't respect Islam. They respect the right of those to believe in Islam. But not in Islam itself.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #30 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 3:09pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 12:10pm:
The only people I can imagine who'd have a problem with it are xenophobic hate filled bigots that want to strip everyone of their culture/beliefs/morals and turn them into hedonistic aimless cultureless zombies who just roam around wasting their lives on drugs, alcohol or sex addictions.

There are those of us who'd have a problem with any belief system whose adherents see it as a viable alternate to secular democracy and/or who actively pursue a confrontation with secularism.

Abu, existential angst also afflicts Muslims no doubt... Particularly, I bet, those born into Islam with no options for choosing an alternative belief system.

Islam will never be an equitable alternative to secular democracy. It will never offer universal equality under the law (not even equal suffrage), nor respect the right of the individual to determine within reason his own destiny... As such, political Islam must be confronted and discouraged from its political agenda.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 3:10pm

there is nothing here to respect.
far from it and islamics will not say a word against it, will they islamabu ??

Quote:
A SUICIDE car bombing in a busy market in central Pakistan overnight killed at least 27 people, the latest in a stream of deadly attacks to hit the country, a senior official said.

The bombing in the town of Dera Ghazi Khan comes as Pakistan battles Islamist fighters and follows a visit by top US military commander General David Petraeus.

"The latest toll is 27 dead and 53 injured," the town's commissioner Hassan Iqbal said. "It was a suicide attack."

[url][http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26493292-5012761,00.html/url]

IP Logged

Ephestion

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 4:00pm

I respect the right of others to believe in whatever they want to believe in. I choose as a religion Christian Orthodoxy over Islam but that is my choice. Christianity and Islam are used by politicians and that to me is worse. The media coverage of Muslims is very biased and it is done to serve a political agenda. That same media never shows Orthodox Christmas or Easter on the news, it is always Catholics and Protestants that get the media coverage. You may argue it is based on population, but it is not. The whole system is serving the agenda of the rich and powerful not the people. Obviously there is the occasional story that legitimately portraits the use of political Islam and Christianity, but the general consensus achieved by the media is that Islam is our enemy. By coincidence we also happen to be involved in a war against a series of Muslim nations.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 4:04pm

ephestion - read the koran, research mohammads life.

"make islam th edominant religion over all"

it's not just a religion, it is everything. law, policing, thought, the lot.

its the worlds biggest cult.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #34 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 4:11pm

Quote:
Islam is our enemy

It is....if you believe in freedom of expression, independent thought,  equality, human value, human rights etc etc

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #35 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 4:37pm

Ephestion wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 4:00pm:
.....By coincidence we also happen to be involved in a war against a series of Muslim nations.

No.

ISLAM is at war with us.

Q.
Why?

A.
Because they can.

Q.
Why?

A.
Because they hate us.

Q.
Why?

A.
Because we do not believe, as they believe.

http://mirror-uk-rb1.gallery.hd.org/_exhibits/places-and-sights/_more2001/_more09/US-NY-NYC-World-Trade-Center-attack-20010911-1303GMT-moment-of-collision-of-flight-UA175-Boeing-767-jet-with-south-tower-causing-huge-explosion-seen-from-side-of-entry-1-ANON.jpg

http://911truth.tripod.com/wtc2.jpg

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/images/august2006/170806fireball.jpg

Please read the title of this thread again!

Sure you do.

And you are a Christian too.

Right?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 7:25pm

Quote:
I respect the right of others to believe in whatever they want to believe in.

Islam doesn't. Ask Abu what the penalty is for apostasy under Islamic law. Abu seems to respect this and considers it reasonable. I'm sure you won't.

Quote:
Christianity and Islam are used by politicians and that to me is worse.

There is a big difference between an ideology being used by a politician and an ideology that uses them. An Islamic dictator for example is not 'using' Islam when he stones people to death for exercising fundamental personal freedoms, he is fullfilling what Islam is all about - imposing Sharia law on people. You should ask Abu about that as well. You will be surprised how hard it is to get a straight answer.

Quote:
The media coverage of Muslims is very biased

I agree. For some reason our liberal left wing media always portrays people in a negative light who want to stone little girls to death for cheating on whatever dirty old man was chosen for them to marry. They never explain how Islam justifies it and how the perpetrators are merely following God's law. Since meeting Abu, I have come to realise that it is possible to explain these things while keeping a straight face and claiming the moral high ground. After all, beautiful young girls should be protected from the evils of western decadence.

Quote:
That same media never shows Orthodox Christmas or Easter on the news

It never shows Muslims celebrating whatever it is they celebrate. Possibly because they aren't allowed to celbrate. At least not with alcohol, or God forbid, music. Perhaps the media has an undue fascination with murderous despots and killing sprees over the mundane aspects of our lives.

Quote:
it is always Catholics and Protestants that get the media coverage

Is the same true in countires dominated by orthodox people? I know our media does cover some 'non-traditional' ones like chinese new year.

Quote:
but the general consensus achieved by the media is that Islam is our enemy. By coincidence we also happen to be involved in a war against a series of Muslim nations.

Actually the impression I get is that, and which the media and politicians go to some length to reinforce, is that we are at war with terrorists, not a religion. If anything, the media avoids discussing the controversial aspects of Islam. I am however, heartened by the fact that the majority of people fighting Islamic extremists are muslims themselves. So they aren't all as supportive of the lunatics who were running Afghanistan as Abu.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 8:19pm

[quote author=Ephestion link=1260805065/30#32 date=1260943248

the general consensus achieved by the media is that Islam is our enemy. By coincidence we also happen to be involved in a war against a series of Muslim nations.

[/quote]

You mean

"the general consensus achieved by the Muslims is that the West is Islam's enemy, therefore (and not by coincidence) we also happen to be involved in a war against a series of Muslim nations.

Now it makes sense.

Islam rated below Buddhism as far as Western care or awareness was concerned before 2001.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #38 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 8:31pm

Ephestion,

The atheists and fanatical Christians here will not be pleased with you unless you adopt their hate-filled beliefs, that's why they could not respect your view, but had to challenge and demand you reject it. In fact the fanatical Christians and the atheists/secularists are not that far apart, and they obviously would not want people of two faiths like Islam and Orthodox Christianity to 'bury the hatchet', since it doesn't suit their desire for conflict to exist.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 8:38pm

Right, we 'preach' freedom, democracy and humanity because we desire conflict...

And Islam preaches stoning, lashings, war, intolerance and apartheid because it desires peace....

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 9:09pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 8:31pm:
Ephestion,

The atheists and fanatical Christians here will not be pleased with you unless you adopt their hate-filled beliefs, that's why they could not respect your view, but had to challenge and demand you reject it. In fact the fanatical Christians and the atheists/secularists are not that far apart, and they obviously would not want people of two faiths like Islam and Orthodox Christianity to 'bury the hatchet', since it doesn't suit their desire for conflict to exist.

If it was only your religion you'd have no conflict with most people.
I don't see people here or anywhere getting hot and bothered by religions that do not have very defined political and social  aims. Your religion does and it it those aims that give people the shivers and the sh!ts.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 9:55pm

that's why every informed nonmuslim is so against islam.

IP Logged

Paella

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:41pm

Quote:
I don't think Osama bin Laden sent those planes to attack us because he hated our freedom. I think he did it because of our support for Israel, our ties with the Saudi family and our military bases in Saudi Arabia. You know why I think that? Because that's what he f***ing said!

- David Cross

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:50pm

Paella wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 11:41pm:
Quote:
I don't think Osama bin Laden sent those planes to attack us because he hated our freedom. I think he did it because of our support for Israel, our ties with the Saudi family and our military bases in Saudi Arabia. You know why I think that? Because that's what he f***ing said!

- David Cross

Islam is a rival to secular democracy.

As Abu has already implied, ultimately it will not tolerate its own subordination... That is the fundamental nature of proselytising religions and political systems.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #44 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 7:05am

Quote:
As Abu has already implied, ultimately it will not tolerate its own subordination... That is the fundamental nature of proselytising religions and political systems.

That's right on the world scene it will not tolerate subordination, and why should it? If that means the West is going to constantly engage in war against Islam, then that's the West's misdoing, not Islam's.

That doesn't change the reason why Islamic resistance movements attack Western interests, as Paella posted.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #45 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 8:55am

Yadda wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:50pm:

Ephestion,

You said,
"I now respect Islam"

You sound like a humanist!          Shocked

Thomas Mann

Ephestion,

OR,do you believe that the opinions of ignorant people are just as valuable, as the opinions of those who are knowledgeable?

OR, doesn't it matter, as long as we are all 'tolerant'?          Smiley

"I now respect Islam"

What,

p.s.
God forgive you.

I think Yadda you more sound like humanist.

Humanism is a religion that puts human being in the center of universe instead God.
Consequently it’s perfect for humanists to judge who is an evil in the name of a human that’s how they get an illusion of being “gods”. The problem is that they don't recognize their imperfection and the world of relativity in which they live.
Religious Muslims' and Western Christianity Fanatics are more shrewd by judging an evil in the name of their interpretations of  God.

Is Ephestion a nobleman or just a naive full? Well that’s also relative rising the question what we all are..

Strictly speaking, in accordance with Orthodox Christianity, only our creator God is allowed to judge humans.

As an Orthodox Christian Ephestion did right thing, with his post, by rejecting to be arrogant and judge others, either in the name of human or in the name of God.
And, more importantly, from spiritual point of view, he rejected a feeling of hatred towards other human beings.

On the other hand in accordance with strictly rational materialistic corporate Anglo-Saxon pragmatism he is  just another irresponsible irrational retard.

In his famous book "Idiot" F.M. Dostoevsky proved that, if Christ appear on earth second time, he definitely will be considered as an Idiot by majority of humans.

In the word of universal deceit, being honest and admit your human imperfection is a revolutionary act.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:00am by athos »  

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #46 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:05am

athos wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 8:55am:
Yadda wrote on Dec 16th, 2009 at 1:50pm:

Ephestion,

You said,
"I now respect Islam"

You sound like a humanist!          Shocked

Thomas Mann

Ephestion,

OR, doesn't it matter, as long as we are all 'tolerant'?          Smiley

"I now respect Islam"

What,

p.s.
God forgive you.

I think Yadda you more sound like humanist.

Humanism is a religion that puts human being in the center of universe instead God.
Consequently it’s perfect for humanists to judge who is an evil in the name of a human, that’s how they get an illusion of being “gods”. The problem is that they don't recognize their imperfection and the world of relativity in which they live.
Muslims' and Western Christianity Religious Fanatics are more shrewd by judging an evil in the name of their interpretations of  God.

Is Ephestion a nobleman or just a naive full? Well that’s also relative rising the question what we all are.

Strictly speaking, in accordance with Orthodox Christianity, only our creator God is allowed to judge humans.

As an Orthodox Christian Ephestion did right thing, with his post, by rejecting to be arrogant and judge others, either in the name of human or in the name of God.
And, more importantly, from spiritual point of view, he rejected a feeling of hatred towards other human beings.

On the other hand in accordance with strictly rational materialistic corporate Anglo-Saxon pragmatism he is  just another irresponsible irrational retard.

In his famous book "Idiot" F.M. Dostoevsky proved that, if he  appear on earth second time, Christ definitely will be considered as an Idiot by majority of humans.

In the word of universal deceit, being honest and admit your human imperfection is a revolutionary nobleman's act.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:29am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 7:05am:
Quote:

That's right on the world scene it will not tolerate subordination, and why should it? If that means the West is going to constantly engage in war against Islam, then that's the West's misdoing, not Islam's.

That doesn't change the reason why Islamic resistance movements attack Western interests, as Paella posted.

But subordination is what Islam demands of all other faiths and political systems.

The difference between Islam's claim of legitimacy and those of western-style secular democracy, is that secularism guarantees equality under the law, Islam does not.

Islam and secularism are destined to confront each other... who starts it is irrelevant... Until Muslims accede to the fact that Islam has less claim to legitimacy as a political system than secularism, there is guaranteed to be confrontation...

This is a battle that Islam is fundamentally ill-prepared to fight and one which it will lose... If its rival was a religion, then Muslims would understand the terms of the battle (hence the reason Muslims often define the struggle as that between Islam and Christianity)... but it is not. And this is the most obvious reason why an unchangeable, absolutist religio-socio-political doctrine of the 7th century cannot even remotely hope to have the wherewithal to deal with the modern world... Tha fact is secularism delivers to its citizens what the religious have only ever dreamed of and almost never achieved... Moderation in governance, compassion in administration, equal suffrage, universal justice and liberty of conscience.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:55am by NorthOfNorth »  

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #48 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:44am

Just as a bit of a side issue, Ephestrion mentions the lack of media coverage that his religion receives, and here in Melbourne, we often get some very outraged talkback callers from his particular faith who also make much of the same issue.
I don't get it, why do they care?
Religion is supposed to be a personal spiritual bond between a person and their god of choice, so why the obsession with media attention?

Seriously, I really do not get this at all.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:46am

helian - Quote:
.......Tha fact is secularism delivers to its citizens what the religious have only ever dreamed of and almost never achieved... Moderation in governance, compassion in administration, equal suffrage, universal justice and liberty of conscience...........

Excellent - 10/10

secular societies are world leaders, given a choice I will only ever live in a secular society

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #50 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:53am

Quote:
But subordination is what Islam demands of all other faiths and political systems.

And the Western secular ideology doesn't? come on helian, self-delusion is really an ailment you need to fight.

Quote:
The difference between Islam's claim of legitimacy and that of western-style secular democracy, is that secularism guarantees equality under the law, Islam does not

Every ideology that seeks dominance believes it's own ideas to be the superior ones, the most just, the most humane etc. Just like there are critics of Islam, there's critics of Western secular democracy. About the only difference I see is the arrogance of the West that their ideology is universally palatable to all living beings. It is not.

Quote:
Until Muslims accede to the fact that Islam has less claim to legitimacy as a political system than secularism, there is guaranteed to be confrontation..

Right back at ya.  Wink

Quote:
This is a battle that Islam is fundamentally ill-prepared to fight and one which Islam will lose

Only time will tell.

Quote:
If its rival was a religion, then Islam would understand the terms of the battle (hence the reason Muslims often define the struggle as that between Islam and Christianity)... but it is not.

Agreed, and even just a few years ago I was arguing against those Muslims who tried to define it in this way. But I have come to the realisation they were correct, because the West will inevitably have to define itself more as Christian in order to exclude Muslims. And this is happening everywhere. Besides the fact that the main opponent here is actually an alliance of Judeo-Christians/Zionists anyway. This is the main issue which has caused the conflict, and which will continue to worsen it. Already we've seen once staunchly secular countries proclaiming they want to preserve their "christian character" (this is code for: "we wanna exclude muslims from our country/culture"). and that's why this struggle is so central to people like Yadda, because they know that through it the "lost sheep" of Western society will return back to the flock...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #51 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:09am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:53am:
Quote:

And the Western secular ideology doesn't? come on helian, self-delusion is really an ailment you need to fight.

That's true. And western secular democracy has the greatest legitimate claim to its hegemony in that it guarantees equality... Islam guarantees the same only among Muslims. As a political system, it is therefore fatally flawed.

Every ideology that seeks dominance believes it's own ideas to be the superior ones, the most just, the most humane etc. Just like there are critics of Islam, there's critics of Western secular democracy. About the only difference I see is the arrogance of the West that their ideology is universally palatable to all living beings. It is not.

I would bet the farm that you personally would not tolerate a political system that constitutionally makes you a second class citizen, or imposes on you draconian penalties for petty transgressions... Or submits your family members to physical injury for not wearing approved clothes, or orders your execution for dissent. Islam is a hopelessly inferior political system.

Quote:
Until Muslims accede to the fact that Islam has less claim to legitimacy as a political system than secularism, there is guaranteed to be confrontation..

Right back at ya.  Wink

When Islam is blind to creed, you will have a point... Grin

Agreed, and even just a few years ago I was arguing against those Muslims who tried to define it in this way. But I have come to the realisation they were correct, because the West will inevitably have to define itself more as Christian in order to exclude Muslims. And this is happening everywhere. Besides the fact that the main opponent here is actually an alliance of Judeo-Christians/Zionists anyway. This is the main issue which has caused the conflict, and which will continue to worsen it. Already we've seen once staunchly secular countries proclaiming they want to preserve their "christian character" (this is code for: "we wanna exclude muslims from our country/culture"). and that's why this struggle is so central to people like Yadda, because they know that through it the "lost sheep" of Western society will return back to the flock...

Not sure if I agree with you that Christianity as a religion really plays a part in the current struggle... It's merely a label some apply to the west as a means to define a common history... I would seriously doubt that many would return to Christian religiosity because Muslims define the confrontation in terms they can understand and believe they have more hope in fighting.

The fact is everybody values equality under the law, Muslim and non-Muslim alike and the only way to guarantee this is to exclude by constitution any sect that denies this fundamental human aspiration.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:19am by NorthOfNorth »  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #52 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:22am

Quote:
Islam guarantees the same only among Muslims. As a political system, it is therefore fatally flawed.

Islam establishes equality amongst it's citizens. Even if non-Muslims felt injustice from the Islamic state, then they'd be free to leave for a Christian/Secular/Whatever state, and always were throughout the history of Islam. Now this raises a problem for Muslims, because previously Christian states were very oppressive, taxed highly and were not nice to live under. So Christians and Jews usually preferred to live under Islam when given the choice. In today's climate this or may not be the case, but Muslims would obviously need to adapt to ensure they did not have a mass exodus of non-Muslims from their lands, since we've always valued their contributions. It was for instance a Greek Christian who designed and built the massive canons used to open up Constantinople to Islam.

Quote:
I would bet the farm that you personally would not tolerate a political system that constitutionally makes you a second class citizen, or imposes on you draconian penalties for petty transgressions... Or submits your family members to physical injury for not wearing approved clothes, or orders your execution for dissent. Islam is a hopelessly inferior political system.

I would not, and I don't believe that Islam does that either.

Quote:
Not sure if I agree with you that Christianity as a religion really plays a part in the current struggle...

It's an ever-increasing part. There's no doubting that the Judeo-Christian/Zionist movement is what's causing most of the conflict between Muslims and the West today. The West's arming to the teeth of the Zionist entity and shielding their transgressions against the Muslims is directly responsible for all the tensions between the two. I doubt for instance the U.S would've accepted the Soviets arming the Cubans to the teeth and giving them nukes. Even the thought of stationing their own nukes there almost caused worldwide war. Let alone if the Cubans had rounded up the Yanks and put them in refugee camps and booted them out of their homes.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:33am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:22am:
Islam establishes equality amongst it's citizens.

You know that it doesn't, Abu.

Even if non-Muslims felt injustice from the Islamic state, then they'd be free to leave for a Christian/Secular/Whatever state, and always were throughout the history of Islam.

Are you actually saying"if you don't like it you can piss off" ? Grin

Now this raises a problem for Muslims, because previously Christian states were very oppressive, taxed highly and were not nice to live under. So Christians and Jews usually preferred to live under Islam when given the choice. In today's climate this or may not be the case, but Muslims would obviously need to adapt to ensure they did not have a mass exodus of non-Muslims from their lands, since we've always valued their contributions. It was for instance a Greek Christian who designed and built the massive canons used to open up Constantinople to Islam.

Yes, Christianity determining the constitution of the political system is pernicious as well... No argument about that. Islam is happy with the existence of non-Muslims only to a point and never as political equal partners.

Quote:

You know that it does, Abu. Wink

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #54 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:34am

Quote:
The fact is everybody values equality under the law, Muslim and non-Muslim alike and the only way to guarantee this is to exclude by constitution any sect that denies this fundamental human aspiration.

lol, I would love to see how fast the apostasy rate amongst self proclaimed muslims in our jails would be, if they were to be offered the chance of accepting Islamic punishments for their crimes?
I wonder how popular losing a hand, or being whipped, or getting stoned(literally, not figuratively), or even beheaded, would be?

I wonder if any of those sentences were threatened if they would make appeal to our secularist system to spare them from such cruel and barbaric practices?

People like Abu make such silly claims that absolutely fly in the face of reason, with so many muslim countries in the world, if living under an Islamic system was really something they desired, then they could have it by simply migrating.
The truth is they do not really want it, they lie, and lie, and lie again, up to the point where truth becomes an elusive and illusory mystery to them, and they cannot reconcile the extreme tenets they are taught, with their own natural desire to share in the freedoms that only secular democracies provide.

They are confused and torn, and lash out unthinkingly because of the guilt arising from that confusion.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #55 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:04am

mozza,

Not surprised to find another mindless post from you. At least invest the activity of a few neurons in what you write...

Quote:
lol, I would love to see how fast the apostasy rate amongst self proclaimed muslims in our jails would be, if they were to be offered the chance of accepting Islamic punishments for their crimes?

Implementing a punishment for a crime which didn't exist when the crime was committed, and also in the absence of all the other Islamic systems which complement the punishment system would be nothing but unjust. Only a very simple mind would propose such a thought exercise.

Quote:
with so many muslim countries in the world, if living under an Islamic system was really something they desired, then they could have it by simply migrating.

No Islamic State has existed since the early part of the 20th. century, been mentioned before, and nothing a good history lesson wouldn't fix for you. Just to reiterate, the Western secular state of Australia is 1 million times better than any state that exists in the Muslim world today. That's hardly got anything to do with Islam though, since the Islamic systems were removed from all those countries. And replaced with Western style monarchies, republics and 'democracies'.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #56 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:11am

Quote:

I believe it does, as I believe it establishes equality for women. But I think you're confusing equality with sameness.

Quote:
Are you actually saying"if you don't like it you can piss off" ?

On the contrary, I'm saying the Islamic state would have to goto some effort to entice it's non-Muslim citizens to stay. Depriving itself of brilliant minds (Muslim & non-Muslim alike) would be a fatal mistake, as it is for any state.

Quote:
No argument about that. Islam is happy with the existence of non-Muslims only to a point and never as political equal partners.

As citizens they have equality. I am assuming you're alluding to jizyah which has been addressed in the Common Misconceptions thread in the Islamic forum. If you believe it incorrect, then feel free to challenge it in the Islamic forum.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #57 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:02pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:11am:
Quote:

I believe it does, as I believe it establishes equality for women. But I think you're confusing equality with sameness.

I'm referring to equality under the law regardless of race/creed/gender/ethnicity. I think you're trying to employ rhetorical sophistry.

Quote:
Are you actually saying"if you don't like it you can piss off" ?

On the contrary, I'm saying the Islamic state would have to goto some effort to entice it's non-Muslim citizens to stay. Depriving itself of brilliant minds (Muslim & non-Muslim alike) would be a fatal mistake, as it is for any state.

More sophistry, Abu... Absolutely no guarantee of equality under the law... While it may be an advantage to have one, the world can happily exist without an Einstein... No one values assurances of equality that are not guaranteed by political constitution... Any other assurances is just the empty rhetoric of an amateur politician.

Quote:
No argument about that. Islam is happy with the existence of non-Muslims only to a point and never as political equal partners.

As citizens they have equality. I am assuming you're alluding to jizyah which has been addressed in the Common Misconceptions thread in the Islamic forum. If you believe it incorrect, then feel free to challenge it in the Islamic forum.

There have historically been far more restrictions on non-Muslims than tax, Abu. You would know this. The same is true under Christian dominated society towards Muslims.

Also who would trust a politician to guarantee equality when it can always be argued by better rhetoricians and stronger leaders that the imposition of inequality is "god's will"... That it has "god's imprimatur"?

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #58 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 12:15pm

Quote:
Just to reiterate, the Western secular state of Australia is 1 million times better than any state that exists in the Muslim world today.
- Abu

I find it very difficult to reconcile this statement with others you have made which says how intolerant, and racist you believe Australia to be.

I also find it utterly disingenuous of you to try and absolve Islam of any responsibility for the actions of self procalimed Islamic states, and instead pretend that all of their faults and failings are solely due to western interference, and the vast human rights violations and personal suppression of individuals rights, enacted according to Sharia law, can be claimed to have nothing to do with Islam.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #59 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 1:28pm

Quote:
others you have made which says how intolerant, and racist you believe Australia to be.

I've done no such thing mozza. In fact if you look at the thread where a guy named 'fakir' came on claiming Australia is inherently racist, I refuted him. Australia isn't inherently racist, but there are racists, in fact quite a few of them haunt this board.

Quote:
I also find it utterly disingenuous of you to try and absolve Islam of any responsibility for the actions of self procalimed Islamic states,

With the dissolution of the Ottoman Caliphate, no new Caliphate was formed. Therefore there is today no actual Islamic state. Since Islam has it's own form of government, then states that do not observe that form of government (ie. Caliphate) cannot really be called Islamic states. If Islam was silent on the issue of how government should be organised, then you might have a point, but it was not silent on this issue.

Also it's a well known fact that pretty much all of the modern states in the Muslim lands were drawn up in the Sykes-picot agreement. Their borders, their laws, their ruling clans etc. were all decided by the Western powers, a few had revolutions, afterwards, which again were all crafted by the CIA, in order to represent their transfer from British influence to American influence. To try and claim they represent the interests of Islam is just ludicrous. They were in fact specifically crafted in order to replace and demolish Islam from those lands.

You have some serious reading to do mozza. Your knowledge of the history and situation of the Muslim world is severely lacking. Perhaps you're not interested, and I don't blame you, but don't embaress yourself by professing to speak on something about which you obvious have a deficient amount of knowledge.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #60 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:28pm

Quote:

You don't have to hate Muslims to disrespect or hate Islam. He wasn't judging people, he was judging an ideology. You can despise an ideology, but have all manner of feelings towards - and judgements of - it's followers.

Quote:
That's right on the world scene it will not tolerate subordination, and why should it?

Because the only realistic alternative it offers is subordination of everyone else. If it cannot approach the rest of the world, or non-muslims, as equals, then it's subordination is the only fair option to give them.

Quote:
Tha fact is secularism delivers to its citizens what the religious have only ever dreamed of and almost never achieved... Moderation in governance, compassion in administration, equal suffrage, universal justice and liberty of conscience.

Very interesting points helian - all of them. Just to be pedantic, Islam does not even pretend to dream of liberty of conscience and many of the others.

Quote:
Quote:

Correct Abu - it doesn't. In fact it is a struggle just to get most western secularists to recognise the potential conflict between modern civilisation and Islam. I accepted the 'live and let live' approach to Islam for a long time, even when I started discussing it with you and Malik. In fact I still do, on the grounds that most Muslims are not as extreme as you. I think Shariah law is worth stamping out. How much that puts the compassionate people of the world at odds with Islam is really up to Muslims.

Quote:
Every ideology that seeks dominance believes it's own ideas to be the superior ones

Abu, we are not criticising Islam because it seeks dominance, but because of the evil it promotes. Your only argument now appears to be to ignore the inconvenient details that would make people like Ephestion recoil in horror, and pretend that these are two morally equal ideologies, and that democracy, human rights or freedom are just as bad as Islam because the people who support each ideology support it. No-one suggests that labor or liberal are evil because they seek control, or that communism is evil because it seeks control.

Quote:
Just like there are critics of Islam, there's critics of Western secular democracy.

Again Abu, the fact that you can find someone to criticise the ideology kind of misses the point about what those criticisms actually are. Or rather, it avoids them. Wait, this is sounding erily familiar. Anyway, it is the last gasp of a losing argument. We do not criticise Islam because it has critics, but because it is evil.

Quote:
About the only difference I see is the arrogance of the West that their ideology is universally palatable to all living beings. It is not.

Wrong Abu. The western ideologies you accuse of arrogance are the most self critical of all. That is what makes them so robust. That is why someone who supports democracy is not ashamed to admit that democracy is the worst system of government, except for all the others. Whereas muslims like you would like to stone apostates to death. How arrogant is that?

Quote:
Right back at ya.

Again Abu, you can say things like this only about the broadest criticisms, but not once any of those inconvenient details enter the discussion.

Quote:
Agreed, and even just a few years ago I was arguing against those Muslims who tried to define it in this way. But I have come to the realisation they were correct

So you agree that Islam cannot understand the battle, but you have come to share in their delusion?

Quote:
because the West will inevitably have to define itself more as Christian in order to exclude Muslims

No it won't Abu. In fact the more people get into this discussion, the more it moves away from religion and to basic political issues like freedom, democracy and humanity - you know, thos inconvenient details you are trying so desperately to ignore. Even when you pretend that those details don't exist, they still keep coming back at you for some reason. So in away, I think you are right in that you share the delusion of your fellow muslims that makes them so impotent against the west.

Quote:
Already we've seen once staunchly secular countries proclaiming they want to preserve their "christian character"

Abu, you are confusing freedom of speech that the west supports with the national religion and group thought that Islam imposes. In fact, even you have shown yourself capable of pointing out that not every Muslim nutter speaks for all other Muslims. Odd then that you make the same mistake you so heavily criticised others for.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #61 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:30pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 1:28pm:
Therefore there is today no actual Islamic state. Since Islam has it's own form of government, then states that do not observe that form of government (ie. Caliphate) cannot really be called Islamic states.

pretty much all of the modern states in the Muslim lands

Are there, or are there not, states/lands that adhere to Islam?

You can't have it both ways all the time, Mohammedan though you are.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #62 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:36pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:29am:
This is a battle that Islam is fundamentally ill-prepared to fight and one which it will lose... If its rival was a religion, then Muslims would understand the terms of the battle (hence the reason Muslims often define the struggle as that between Islam and Christianity)... but it is not. And this is the most obvious reason why an unchangeable, absolutist religio-socio-political doctrine of the 7th century cannot even remotely hope to have the wherewithal to deal with the modern world... Tha fact is secularism delivers to its citizens what the religious have only ever dreamed of and almost never achieved... Moderation in governance, compassion in administration, equal suffrage, universal justice and liberty of conscience.

Just so, and Islam is dying of this.
It has no angle onto a changing world: 7th century Araby or death.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #63 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:36pm

Quote:
Islam establishes equality amongst it's citizens.

Finally, one of thos inconvenient details. No it doesn't Abu, and if you seriously believe this after what you have admitted about Islam, you are deluded. Islam imposes apartheid. Special 'protection' for Christians and Jews, and no protection for others, is not equality. It is oppression wrapped up in condescension. And you accuse us of arrogance...

Quote:
Even if non-Muslims felt injustice from the Islamic state, then they'd be free to leave for a Christian/Secular/Whatever state

Abu, this merely demonstrates your miscomprehension of what freedom is. We do not mean the delusion of freedom that Islam imposes, but genuine freedom, where you won't be stoned to death or forced out of the country for saying the wrong thing. Tell me Abu, if a Muslim stood up in a proper Muslim state and said "I reject Islam" would he be free to go? Or would he merely be free to reject Islam all he wants while he is being stoned to death? Can you tell which one is the genuine freedom, and which one is the delusion? I hate to sound arrogant about it, but I can't find a nicer way of putting it.

Quote:
and always were throughout the history of Islam

Oh, you mean they were free to stone people to death for saying or doing the 'wrong thing'?

Quote:
So Christians and Jews usually preferred to live under Islam when given the choice.

Again Abu, you leave out the critical detail. Choosing to live under a militant Islamic empire because the only alternative is being slaughtered or enslaved by overwhelming forces is not really a 'choice' in the context of freedom of choice, as most westerners understand it. And speeking of equality etc, how does Islamic slavery fit into that?

Quote:
since we've always valued their contributions

Unless of course their contribution was to point out the horrible flaws of Islam. You see, us westerners consider valid criticism of our system of government a contribution, not something we should stamp out. Or indeed even the invalid criticism such as yours, as at the very least it is an exercise in freedom of speech.

Quote:

Abu, no-one would tolerate it, unless of course the only other option was death. Which to you means they would tolerate it, right? Maybe you are right, in a strict literal sense. Though many people would choose death. but they don;t count, do they?

Quote:
Implementing a punishment for a crime which didn't exist when the crime was committed, and also in the absence of all the other Islamic systems which complement the punishment system would be nothing but unjust.

So Abu are you now saying that death by stoning is a fair punishment for exercising basic freedoms, so long as people are forwarned?

Quote:
Only a very simple mind would propose such a thought exercise.

No Abu, we just don't see the difference. Nor do we understand why you think your argument would sway anyone. You appear to think that wrapping evil up in beuracracy makes it benign. It doesn't.

Quote:
Just to reiterate, the Western secular state of Australia is 1 million times better than any state that exists in the Muslim world today. That's hardly got anything to do with Islam though, since the Islamic systems were removed from all those countries.

It has a lot to do with Islam. You cannot seriously expect us to believe that Islam has nothing to do with the shitholes most Muslim dominated countries are, merely because Muslims cannot manage to establish a 'proper' Muslim state. You won't even tell us whether you consider malik an apostate. Imagine what would happen if we had three different flavours of Muslim on this site.

Quote:
I believe it does, as I believe it establishes equality for women.

Abu, taking away a woman's right to be a woman is not equality. Equal is not about focing people to be the same, but giving them equal opportunities and choices. Women are not given equal opportunity and choices under Islam. They are given given whatever opportunities their male owners decide to grant them.

Quote:
But I think you're confusing equality with sameness.

No Abu, you are. You claim that making it hard to tell if a woman is a woman or a man in a burqa somehow makes her equal to a man.

Quote:
On the contrary, I'm saying the Islamic state would have to goto some effort to entice it's non-Muslim citizens to stay.

That would be kind of difficult, given what Islam forces the state to impose on them. I guess the strategy is to not make it truly gruesome for them until they have nowhere else to go.

Quote:
Depriving itself of brilliant minds (Muslim & non-Muslim alike) would be a fatal mistake, as it is for any state.

So what happens if a brilliant mind rejects Islam? Would you still stone them to death?

Quote:
As citizens they have equality.

Again Abu, we are talking about true equality, not the apartheid that Islam imposes.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #64 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:39pm

Quote:
As citizens they have equality. I am assuming you're alluding to jizyah which has been addressed

Trust me abu, different taxation systems for people of different religions is one of the more benign parts of Islamic apartheid. The inferiority imposed upon on-mulims in the courts of law is far more serious, and makes a mockery of any pretence at equal rights. A right you cannot defend is a right in name only. You cannot substitute the trivial differences for the important ones forever. Sooner or later you will have to face up to them. You cannot go on pretending that your common misconceptions BS somehow addresses the actual criticisms people make of Islam.

Quote:
With the dissolution of the Ottoman Caliphate, no new Caliphate was formed. Therefore there is today no actual Islamic state.

Abu, you are completely missing the point. Just because Muslims fail to stone people to death according to proper Islamic law does not somehow absolve them or Islam of responsibility for stoning innocent people to death.

Quote:
If Islam was silent on the issue of how government should be organised, then you might have a poin

Wrong Abu. We have a point about stoning people to death, regardless of whether it is done the 'right' or the 'wrong' way.

Quote:
Also it's a well known fact that pretty much all of the modern states in the Muslim lands were drawn up in the Sykes-picot agreement.

So you blame the location of a border for the fact that Muslims in Africa stone a child bride to death for cheating on the dirty old man who was chosen as her husband, when Sharia law would give her the same punishment? Your tired old excuses are wearing a bit thin Abu.

Quote:
but don't embaress yourself by professing to speak on something about which you obvious have a deficient amount of knowledge

Come on Abu, you embarrass yourself every time you claim Islam supports equality, or freedom of thought, or any noble ideal. Yet you don't seem to care. You just ignore the inconvenient details and go right on repeating it. Those inconvenient details are not going to go away Abu, and the more you ignore them, the more suspicious you make people.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #65 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:13pm

Quote:

Thought I was pretty clear on that. There is none.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #66 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:22pm

They all let gays get away with being gay, or some other other unholy transgression.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #67 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:01pm

or listening to music, or flying kites, or drawing cartoons of moh.........

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #68 - Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:12pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:13pm:
Quote:

So there are no Muslim lands from which anyone should withdraw. What are you Bin Ladenists on about, then?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #69 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:02am

Muslim lands and implementing Islam are two completely different things.

Just because the people are Muslims doesn't necessarily mean the government implements Islam.

I'm pretty astounded by the simplistic thinking here...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #70 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 4:36am

freediver wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:28pm:
Quote:
Tha fact is secularism delivers to its citizens what the religious have only ever dreamed of and almost never achieved... Moderation in governance, compassion in administration, equal suffrage, universal justice and liberty of conscience.

Very interesting points helian - all of them. Just to be pedantic, Islam does not even pretend to dream of liberty of conscience and many of the others.

"In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful"...

Fundamental to Islam (and Christianity, it's forebear) is the dream of divine compassion, moderation, justice and liberty of conscience realised on earth.

It's not that Islam doesn't dream that dream... it's just that it fails miserably relative to secularism.

All religions perceive human nature as fundamentally flawed and redeemable only by the strictest adherence to a moral code...

Secularism has greater faith in human nature's natural inclination towards moderation realised by relatively unprescribed self-determination.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #71 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 7:01am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:02am:
Muslim lands and implementing Islam are two completely different things.

Just because the people are Muslims doesn't necessarily mean the government implements Islam.

I'm pretty astounded by the simplistic thinking here...

If a place is not governed by Muslim principles - what makes it still  'muslim land'?

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:30am by Soren »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #72 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 8:03am

If Muslims once slew the locals, they own the land. Abu for example still considers Spain a Muslim land and considers it unfair they were kicked out - hence Muslims have a right to reclaim it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #73 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 9:02am

athos wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 8:55am:

In the word of universal deceit, being honest and admit your human imperfection is a revolutionary act.

That is a nice quote athos.

I think the original goes....

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

George Orwell

Old George O, has been dead for many, many years.

But his words, those words, seem particularly appropriate for today.

Yes?       Wink

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #74 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:06am

In the spirit of fun, and with all the respect I can muster, I have found some early images of Mo.

He is with a couple of minor prophets, "Curlybu", and "Larrymas", and is teaching them the correct way to take a head for allan.

three-stooges.jpg (21 KB | 30 )
three-stooges.jpg

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #75 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:13am

Quote:

As citizens they ['unbelievers'] have equality.
I am assuming you're alluding to jizyah which has been addressed in the Common Misconceptions thread in the Islamic forum. If you believe it incorrect, then feel free to challenge it in the Islamic forum.

Another naked lie abu.

In making your statement, you totally ignore the the words of your own supreme authority, ALLAH, vis-vis the way to treat 'unbelievers'.

"....those who reject Allah have no protector."

Koran 47.8-11
This verse from the Koran, is an open invitation to 'good' moslems, to kill apostates and 'unbelievers'.

It is clear, that whenever it is expedient for ISLAMIC regimes to do so [i.e. if 'unbelievers' complain about injustices that their community suffers under moslem rule], 'unbelievers' are people who can be deemed to outside of the protection of the law, with predictable 'consequences' for 'unbelievers', at the hands of unrestrained moslem citizens.

Dictionary,
expedient = =
1 convenient and practical although possibly improper or immoral.
2 suitable or appropriate.
· n. a means of attaining an end, especially one that is convenient but possibly improper.

Everywhere in the moslem world there is an unending litany of the persecution of those who are NOT moslem,

Iraqi Archbishop: A policy of "ethnic cleansing" against Christians under way in Mosul

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/12/iraqi-archbishop-a-policy-of-ethnic-cleansing-...

Pakistan: Muslim employers poison and kill Christians

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/12/pakistan-muslim-employers-poison-and-kill-chri...

Egypt
Hundreds of Muslim villagers in southern Egypt recently burned and looted scores of Christian-owned shops. Christians in Egypt live in a constant state of fear and thousands are being forced to relocate. In fact, the forced deportation of Egyptian Christians from their homes by the government in order to "protect" them is rapidly increasing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSLL61043

Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia, of course, strictly forbids the conversion of any Muslim to Christianity. The penalty for conversion is death. Back in 2008, the daughter of a man who works for Saudi Arabia 's religious police became a Christian after she joined an Internet chat group. He responded by cutting out her tongue and burning her to death.

http://persecution.org/suffering/pdfs/ICC_Hall_of_Shame_2009.pdf

THE RELIGION OF PEACE

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Google,
persecution of non-muslims

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=persecution+of+non-muslims&btnG=Search&m...

Yet abu, poo-hoo's such examples,

"These things are not representative of ISLAM / moslems."

abu's dismissals, are typical of every moslems' dismissal of TRUTH, when moslems are confronted by it.

If TRUTH does not portray ISLAM well, then TRUTH is a lie,
OR, better still,
just look the other way, and deny that these TRUTH's about ISLAM exist.

'Persecution??? What persecution???'
OR,
'These victims deserved what they got for, [choose one]
insulting ISLAM, OR,
oppressing moslems, OR,
resisting moslem authority over them, OR,
......being 'unbelievers'.'

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #76 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:31am

Soren wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:12pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:13pm:
Quote:

So there are no Muslim lands from which anyone should withdraw. What are you Bin Ladenists on about, then?

What makes anything 'Muslim land' if it is not governed by Islam?

(Careful, trick question)

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #77 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 11:29am

soren I really can't see where you're going with this, except round in circles.

The land is the land Muslims live in. It just happens to be governed by foreign imposed rulers, that's all, that do not implement Islam. Therefore calling it an Islamic state is not really correct, since the state does not implement Islam as its system. But calling it Muslim land is quite fine, since it is the land of the Muslims.

Why you must insist on mixing up what ruling system is implemented, with who the people are is just beyond me. Nothing else better to pick at?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 11:51am

some more of islam for blind PC'ers to respect

Quote:
A Turkish Kurd was jailed for at least 22 years in Britain on Thursday for murdering his 15-year-old daughter in what prosecutors said was an honour killing.

Mehmet Goren, 49, described in court as a psychotic bully who terrorised his family, was handed a life sentence for killing his daughter Tulay because of her relationship with an older man who belonged to a different branch of Islam.........

http://www.smh.com.au/world/psychotic-bully-jailed-for-killing-schoolgirl-daught...

watch abu make no comment on this muslims actions.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #79 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 11:57am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 11:29am:
soren
I really can't see where you're going with this, except round in circles.

The land is the land Muslims live in. It just happens to be governed by foreign imposed rulers, that's all, that do not implement Islam. Therefore calling it an Islamic state is not really correct, since the state does not implement Islam as its system. But calling it Muslim land is quite fine, since it is the land of the Muslims.

Why you must insist on mixing up what ruling system is implemented, with who the people are is just beyond me. Nothing else better to pick at?

soren, the problem is, that you just don't understand moslem thought process.      Wink

You really need to 'get with the program' soren!     Wink

Google,
the whole world belongs to allah muslims

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=the+whole+world+belongs+to+allah+muslims...

For example,
in relation to Australia,

Australia a Muslim nation
October 08, 2006
AUSTRALIA is a Muslim nation, the head of Prime Minister John Howard's Muslim advisory board says.
Dr Ameer Ali says most Australians practise Muslim values but the Muslim community is being alienated and disadvantaged by Islamophobia.
Dr Ali said multiculturalism was Australia's destiny but Muslims, as latecomers, were being disadvantaged.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20545617-1702,00.html
link is now dead.

try,

Google,
"Australia a Muslim nation" "AUSTRALIA is a Muslim nation, the head of Prime Minister John Howard's Muslim advisory board says."

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=%22Australia+a+Muslim+nation%2...

« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:03pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #80 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 1:58pm

1. So wherever Muslims live (or lived at any time since the 7th century) is Muslim land?

2. Can a 'Muslim land' ever become a non-Muslim land?

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #81 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:02pm

It's interesting, since Islam is the youngest major religion, that muslims can claim any land at all, since it "belonged" to others before Islam was even made up.

It seems once a Muslim has lived somewhere, it becomes a "muslim land" and can never be returned to a non-muslim land. This is how they take over the world, they claim land is theirs that never was, and demand land back that wasn't theirs to begin with. Revolting cult religion.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #82 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:55pm

soren,

Quote:
1. So wherever Muslims live (or lived at any time since the 7th century) is Muslim land?

Yes actually.

Quote:

Of course not.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #83 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:58pm

Quote:
It's interesting, since Islam is the youngest major religion, that muslims can claim any land at all, since it "belonged" to others before Islam was even made up.

But of course the Christian lands didn't belong to anyone before they became Christian. Our only mistake it seems was not eradicating all traces of any pre-existing people, like Christians did. Guess our mercy and sense of justice was our own downfall wasn't it??

Quote:
This is how they take over the world, they claim land is theirs that never was, and demand land back that wasn't theirs to begin with.

Why not? Isn't it just to re-establish a nation over 2000 years after it existed?? Millions of Palestinians in refugee camps are testament to the fact you guys think it's fine.

I don't see any Muslim occupying al-Andalus and pushing Spaniards into refugee camps, so perhaps you better start practising what you preach.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #84 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 3:44pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:58pm:
Quote:

But of course the Christian lands didn't belong to anyone before they became Christian. Our only mistake it seems was not eradicating all traces of any pre-existing people, like Christians did. Guess our mercy and sense of justice was our own downfall wasn't it??

Quote:
This is how they take over the world, they claim land is theirs that never was, and demand land back that wasn't theirs to begin with.

Why not? Isn't it just to re-establish a nation over 2000 years after it existed?? Millions of Palestinians in refugee camps are testament to the fact you guys think it's fine.

I don't see any Muslim occupying al-Andalus and pushing Spaniards into refugee camps, so perhaps you better start practising what you preach.

Unbelievable! The only place on earth I could possibly think of which may described as christian land, may be the Vatican, even that is debatable. Only nutcases define a religion as having a divine right to land. Sometimes their are historic rights, when people are unfairly treated, and illegally moved off their land, but that has nothing to do with any silly religious beliefs. The Palestinians can make a claim as believing the land they want is historically theirs, and that they were illegally disposessed, but even that is debatable, for the wars fought since the time of the mandate could be said to have nullified their claim, because they lost, (several times) Grin (so much for having god on your side, so far it is Yahweh 6 /Allah 0, if it were baseball the mercy rule would apply, and if I had to pick a god on results, then Allah would be at the bottom of the list)

As far as Spain goes, if you were not absolutely certain you would get your backsides tanned good and proper, you would be trying with all your might to get it, but it will never happen while decent human beings still draw breath.

Islam is the souffle of religious cults, it can only rise once. Grin
(apologies to Paul Keating for stealing his classic line)

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #85 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 3:46pm

Quote:

I'm not a Christian. What the hell do Christians have have to do with this? Why do you always insist on using Christians to defend Islam's revolting behaviour?

IP Logged

Darwin
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 5:09pm

So the christians murdered all non christians? When did this happen?

What BS!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #87 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 5:54pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:55pm:
soren,

Quote:

Yes actually.

Quote:

Of course not.

It's high time for some de-colonisation.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #88 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 6:38pm

Darwin wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 5:09pm:

What BS!

Both Islam and Christianity have had periods of abysmal treatment of other religions... Come to think of it they've been (and in Islam's case, still is) just as bad towards rival sects within their respective religions as well.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #89 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 8:05pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:58pm:
Guess our mercy and sense of justice was our own downfall wasn't it??

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #90 - Dec 18th, 2009 at 11:42pm

Darwin,

Quote:

How about we start with the Scandanavian crusades... and the various inquisitions and councils that defined who was to live and who was to be burnt as a heretic, heathen or saracen.

Christianity not only completely wiped out all traces of the pre-existing religions, but it even wiped out generation after generation of 'heretical' Christians, who didn't subscribe to the view of particular church council meetings and the dogma they routinely espoused as the only legitimate understanding of Christianity.

Jordan,

Quote:
What the hell do Christians have have to do with this?

The fact I just responded to a guy called "Darwin" who was defending Christianity, says a lot.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #91 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 8:41am

typical diversion islamabu

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #92 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 9:35am

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 11:42pm:
The fact I just responded to a guy called "Darwin" who was defending Christianity, says a lot.

No, you were responding to a direct quote from me.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #93 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 9:57am

jordan484 wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 3:46pm:
Quote:

I'm not a Christian. What the hell do Christians have have to do with this? Why do you always insist on using Christians to defend Islam's revolting behaviour?

Who else can he defend the Mohammedans' revolting behaviour?

Everything revolting done by the Mohamedans is the fault of the joos, christians, pagan or atheists (and that covers all non-Mohammedans). Mohammedans are not responsible for anything bad, only the good. All good, of course.

Didn't you know that?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #94 - Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:44pm

Odd that Abu brings up Christian crusades from a millenia ago, but is oddly silent on his own belief that apostates should be buried to their waste in sand (to their neck if female, after all they are equal, but not the same) and pelted with suitably small stones from an appropriately long distance until they die a slow, gruesome death. Members of the public should be encouraged to participate in the occasion. Maybe they proclaim how great God is as they hurl the stones at the unbelievers.

Is this how you now defend Islam Abu, by bring up all the worst crimes that have been committed in history so you have a chance of making your architecture of agression seem less grotesque?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #95 - Dec 20th, 2009 at 5:06pm

freediver wrote on Dec 19th, 2009 at 2:44pm:
Is this how you now defend Islam Abu, by bring up all the worst crimes that have been committed in history so you have a chance of making your architecture of agression seem less grotesque?

He will remain silent if he can't pin the outrages on non-Muslims.

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #96 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 1:13pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 18th, 2009 at 11:42pm:
Darwin,

Quote:

How about we start with the Scandanavian crusades... and the various inquisitions and councils that defined who was to live and who was to be burnt as a heretic, heathen or saracen.

Christianity not only completely wiped out all traces of the pre-existing religions, but it even wiped out generation after generation of 'heretical' Christians, who didn't subscribe to the view of particular church council meetings and the dogma they routinely espoused as the only legitimate understanding of Christianity.

Jordan,

Quote:
What the hell do Christians have have to do with this?

Do you know how many non christians (those were were never baptised) were killed in the inquisition?

ZERO.

you had to be a catholic to be under the authority of the church. Every trial was recorded, many recordings still exist today, all  those found guilty of heresy had to, by defentition, be baptised.

I am not one who supports the inquisition, it was evil but it was an internal evil.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #97 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 9:47am

Quote:
Do you know how many non christians (those were were never baptised) were killed in the inquisition?

ZERO.

you had to be a catholic to be under the authority of the church. Every trial was recorded, many recordings still exist today, all  those found guilty of heresy had to, by defentition, be baptised.

So you mean they made them feign conversion to catholicism before being executed? Oh in that case it's alright then..

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #98 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 1:50pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 6th, 2010 at 9:47am:
Quote:

ZERO.

you had to be a catholic to be under the authority of the church. Every trial was recorded, many recordings still exist today, all  those found guilty of heresy had to, by defentition, be baptised.

So you mean they made them feign conversion to catholicism before being executed? Oh in that case it's alright then..

There were actually four inquisitions. The French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.

The worst of them all for non Catholics was the Portuguese Inquisition. They killed about 1200 Jews and tortured over 30,000 others. In Goa, India between 1560 and 1812, with a 4 year break around 1774, they tortured and killed numerous Hindu 'converts'. On the first year alone, they sentenced about 120 to death, mostly by burning at the stake.

Their torture was particularly horrendous because they tortured and mutilated children in front of their parents, cutting out the eyelids of the parents in some cases so they were forced to watch.

The Spanish Inquisition also targeted Jews, who were designated as 'New Christians' and many of them continued to practice Judaism in secret, but the French and Italian Inquisition targeted exclusively Catholics.

The 'New Christians' in Spain converted largely as a result of the massacre of 4000 Jews in Seville in 1391, largely as a result of the sermons of Archdeacon Ferrand Martinez. Effectively they had no real choice but convert.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2010 at 2:03pm by muso »  

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #99 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 4:50pm

muso wrote on Jan 6th, 2010 at 1:50pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Jan 6th, 2010 at 9:47am:
Quote:

ZERO.

you had to be a catholic to be under the authority of the church. Every trial was recorded, many recordings still exist today, all  those found guilty of heresy had to, by defentition, be baptised.

There were actually four inquisitions. The French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese.

The worst of them all for non Catholics was the Portuguese Inquisition. They killed about 1200 Jews and tortured over 30,000 others. In Goa, India between 1560 and 1812, with a 4 year break around 1774, they tortured and killed numerous Hindu 'converts'. On the first year alone, they sentenced about 120 to death, mostly by burning at the stake.

Their torture was particularly horrendous because they tortured and mutilated children in front of their parents, cutting out the eyelids of the parents in some cases so they were forced to watch.

The Spanish Inquisition also targeted Jews, who were designated as 'New Christians' and many of them continued to practice Judaism in secret, but the French and Italian Inquisition targeted exclusively Catholics.

The 'New Christians' in Spain converted largely as a result of the massacre of 4000 Jews in Seville in 1391, largely as a result of the sermons of Archdeacon Ferrand Martinez. Effectively they had no real choice but convert.

I wasn't aware of the portugese inquisition, interesting.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #100 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:03pm

back to the topic. (this is like herding cats with a whip in a storm)

Quote:
A BRITISH woman on holiday in Dubai reportedly went to police after being raped - but was arrested for having illegal sex.
The 23-year-old Londoner says she was attacked by a waiter in a hotel toilet after celebrating her engagement to her boyfriend, The Sun reports.

But after she admitted drinking alcohol and sharing a hotel room with her fiancé, police in the strict Islamic state arrested her for "illegal drinking" outside licensed premises and having sex outside marriage. Her 44-year-old fiancé, also from London, was charged with the same offences. And both were thrown in police cells by officers who paid little heed to the rape.

The devastated couple are understood to be on bail awaiting trial and have had their passports confiscated. They could be jailed for up to six years if found guilty of the illicit sex charge.

British embassy officials in the desert emirate are helping them.

A diplomatic source said: "There have been some truly appalling injustices in Dubai but this one tops the lot.

"A desperate, distressed rape victim went with her boyfriend to report the attack to police. And both wound up behind bars.

"The police and authorities in Dubai have shamed themselves by yet again displaying a breathtaking lack of compassion and humanity."

The ordeal of the rape victim, a Muslim of Pakistani descent, began after she joyfully accepted a marriage proposal from her boyfriend during a three-day New Year break. She admitted drinking too much as they celebrated at Dubai Marina's luxurious Address Hotel - and passed out in a ladies' toilet. The waiter is said to have followed her into the toilets and raped her while she was semi-conscious.

Her fiancé was initially unaware of the attack and helped her to their room, where they slept until the next day. But the horror of the rape came back to her when she woke - and the pair went to Jebel Ali police station to report it.

Her attacker, who is understood to be Syrian, is believed to have denied rape. He claimed the Briton consented but has also been charged with "illegal sex".

A spokesman for the Address Hotel said: "The matter is being investigated by the authorities."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/holidaying-woman-reports-rape...

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #101 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 6:55pm

Quote:
But after she admitted drinking alcohol

Sprint, if someone came to Australia from another country and got caught taking ecstasy or some other intoxicant which is illegal in Australia, what would be your position towards that?

Quote:
"A desperate, distressed rape victim went with her boyfriend to report the attack to police. And both wound up behind bars.

Just because she's a victim of one crime doesn't mean she's not guilty of these others. Again if someone came to Australia and committed illegal drug and sexual offenses here, would you support letting them off?? Just because one of them claimed they'd also been the victim of a sexual offense??

Quote:
She admitted drinking too much as they celebrated at Dubai Marina's luxurious Address Hotel - and passed out in a ladies' toilet.

Well if you take intoxicants/drugs until you're completely inebriated and passing out in public toilets, one would have to conclude you're not really respecting or looking after yourself, are you?? Doesn't detract from what the Syrian guy supposedly did, but really...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #102 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 7:08pm

...but really, you're doing a fine job of attempting to detract what that pig did to her.

Obviously muslims have no compassion for non-muslims, even if they may have committed some petty offence.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #103 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 7:13pm

Quote:
Sprint, if someone came to Australia from another country and got caught taking ecstasy or some other intoxicant which is illegal in Australia, what would be your position towards that?

If they had been raped, the rape would come first. It would not bother me particularly if they got let off for the drug use. A bit of common sense goes a long way.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #104 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:29pm

jordan,

Quote:
..but really, you're doing a fine job of attempting to detract what that pig did to her.

Yeh because stating that a person should be charged for their own crimes automatically means one is detracting from crimes of which they are a victim. Good logic.  Roll Eyes

fd,

Quote:
If they had been raped, the rape would come first. It would not bother me particularly if they got let off for the drug use. A bit of common sense goes a long way

Why is that fd?? Do you not believe in drug laws or something? Or do you think being a victim of a crime means one should be exonerated from their own crimes instantly??

Wouldn't that just open the door to anyone who's charged with a crime, "crying rape" in order to avoid their own charges?

Your position just doesn't make any sense at all.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #105 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:55pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:29pm:
"crying rape" in order to avoid their own charges?

Which is, ironically, what Mohammedans have been doing for a long time know. "We only burnt down your embassies because we was wronged, man. You drew cartoons! That's worse than rape!! "

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #106 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:49am

Quote:
"We only burnt down your embassies because we was wronged, man. You drew cartoons! That's worse than rape!! "

Although that "groovy" counter-culture accent of yours might've sounded mighty suave back in the 60's debating against anti-vietnam protesters, it just seems quite out of place here...

You're sort of on the right track though, I am anti-war... just wrong war.. oh and decade.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #107 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:31pm

Quote:
Why is that fd?? Do you not believe in drug laws or something? Or do you think being a victim of a crime means one should be exonerated from their own crimes instantly??

There are several reasons. One, it is extremely difficult to get a rape conviction at the best of times. Yet it is a high priority. Or at least, it should be. The police often let the minor charges go to secure the more important conviction. The alternative would prevent people from reporting crimes, or bearing witness to a crime, because they may be implicated in something petty that in this case has a draconian punishment. You claim that Islam magically 'prevents' this sort of crime. Yet all I see is it covering up the crime and making it easier to get away with. You say that muslims take rape seriously, but that is obviously not the case if they would so readily undermine their ability to secure a conviction. Maybe they take it seriously, but just not as seriously as more petty offences like consuming alcohol outside of a licensed premises.

Quote:
Wouldn't that just open the door to anyone who's charged with a crime, "crying rape" in order to avoid their own charges?

You seem to have it backwards Abu. She did not get charged then cry rape. She came forward to report the rape, then freely admitted to the minor offences. She could probably have lied about the alcohol if necessary. She probably could not comprehend the pettiness of the local police. If what you say were true, people would cry rape in the west all the time to get around charges. It does not happen. The police are not idiots. At least, not here.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #108 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:36pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:49am:
Quote:
"We only burnt down your embassies because we was wronged, man. You drew cartoons! That's worse than rape!! "

Although that "groovy" counter-culture accent of yours might've sounded mighty suave back in the 60's debating against anti-vietnam protesters, it just seems quite out of place here...

You're sort of on the right track though, I am anti-war... just wrong war.. oh and decade.

Love these flashes of incomprehension from you.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #109 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:43pm

Quote:
You claim that Islam magically 'prevents' this sort of crime. Yet all I see is it covering up the crime and making it easier to get away with.

Based on the UAE?? The UAE is not Islam.

I don't know why you consistently fail to understand this. Or is it more you don't want to? Much easier to just fabricate the idea that Islam is what's in the UAE (or Saudi or Iran or whatever) since it makes your argument easier to push? When I come on here promoting the system in a country and saying "here, this is what I think is the best system", then you can begin critiquing it based on that.

Until you make this simplistic realisation, I guess I can just begin using the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea as my model for critiquing democracy.

Quote:
One, it is extremely difficult to get a rape conviction at the best of times.

Actually today it seems to be fairly easy to get one in Australia. Often it's merely the woman's word against the man's, and often goes in the favour of the woman. I think great injustice is being done today in favour of rape convictions, perhaps a "rebound effect" from the injustices done in the past against them, but still not right.

Quote:
If what you say were true, people would cry rape in the west all the time to get around charges.

Right, but in the West they don't follow your deluded idea either that other charges get waived in light of a rape. I don't think any country follows this ridiculous idea.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #110 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:46pm

Quote:
Based on the UAE?? The UAE is not Islam.

I don't know why you consistently fail to understand this.

Sorry, I guessed genuine Islam would be similar. Would it? Is this just another pointless diversion?

Quote:
Actually today it seems to be fairly easy to get one in Australia. Often it's merely the woman's word against the man's, and often goes in the favour of the woman. I think great injustice is being done today in favour of rape convictions, perhaps a "rebound effect" from the injustices done in the past against them, but still not right.

Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
Right, but in the West they don't follow your deluded idea either that other charges get waived in light of a rape. I don't think any country follows this ridiculous idea.

It is common practice to drop the minor charges to secure the more important conviction.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #111 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:59pm

Quote:
Sorry, I guessed genuine Islam would be similar. Would it

The Islamic system does not permit alcohol (except for small quantities for Christian religious services) and does not permit women to just galavant around the city at night being passed out drunk in toilets to begin with. So the social conditions simply wouldn't exist for such things to eventuate. The UAE (with the exception of Shariqah) is an extremely corrupt and Westernised country, who occasionally pretend to be all Islamic and arrest someone, most likely there's more to it than we are hearing.

Quote:
Is this just another pointless diversion?

No more than you refusing to answer a critique of democracy based on DPRK's behaviour would be.

Quote:
Why am I not surprised?

I don't know, why are you not?

Quote:
It is common practice to drop the minor charges to secure the more important conviction.

It is? How do we know then that a lot of these "my word against his" rape convictions aren't this very thing?? We don't...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #112 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 1:03pm

Quote:
The Islamic system does not permit alcohol (except for small quantities for Christian religious services) and does not permit women to just galavant around the city at night being passed out drunk in toilets to begin with. So the social conditions simply wouldn't exist for such things to eventuate. The UAE (with the exception of Shariqah) is an extremely corrupt and Westernised country, who occasionally pretend to be all Islamic and arrest someone, most likely there's more to it than we are hearing.

So it would be the same? If a woman got drunk, then raped, then reported it and admitted to being drunk, she would be punished - probably in a far more barbaric way? And your complaint that the UAE is not a Caliphate is just a silly diversion.

Quote:
It is? How do we know then that a lot of these "my word against his" rape convictions aren't this very thing?? We don't...

Can you give an example of a sinlge conviction that went down to "my word against his"?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #113 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 1:13pm

Quote:
Can you give an example of a sinlge conviction that went down to "my word against his"

This was a recent case which was quite clearly just a word vs word conviction. The judge said she was "impressed" with the testimony of the female, and so she convicted him, with absolutely no hard evidence at all. I'm not saying the guy is guilty, he could be, but I find it disturbing he was convicted on such flimsy grounds.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #114 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 1:16pm

Quote:
In denying molesting the woman Abdul Magid Qazizada testified that he was a practising Muslim who had been fasting because it had been Ramadan, a time "when men don't even touch their wives".

Grin

Now I see why it bothers you so much.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #115 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 10:34am

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:43pm:
Much easier to just fabricate the idea that Islam is what's in the UAE (or Saudi or Iran or whatever) since it makes your argument easier to push? When I come on here promoting the system in a country and saying "here, this is what I think is the best system", then you can begin critiquing it based on that.

Well, you promote sharia as the best system even though it is an utterly supremacist, fascist system:

All Death Compensation cases (except industrial accidents) in Saudi Arabia are settled through concerned Shariat Courts in accordance with the Shariat Law.

5. Maximum Amount admissible : 

The maximum amount of Death Compensation (Diyya) generally admissible in Saudi Arabia,  in respect of road/traffic/fire accident, murder, etc. is as under:

Death Compensation in respect of a male person: 

i.        Muslim       -        SR. 100,000/-

ii.       Christian/Jew  - SR.50,000/-   

iii.      Other religions : such as  Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, etc. -  SR 6666.66

In the case of death of a female, death compensation allowed is equal to half the amount as admissible to males professing the same religion.   Further the amount of compensation admissible, is based on the percentage of responsibility fixed on the causer e.g. if the causer is held 50% responsible for the accident resulting in the death of a Muslim, the amount of Death Compensation admissible will be SR 50,000 only.

http://www.cgijeddah.com/cgijed/welfare/deathbooklet.htm

From the Consul General of India's website in Riyadh. They obviously deal with the intricate issues of calculating death benefits for the Indian nationals working and dying in Araby.
A Christian or Jew is half a Muslim. Anyone else is one fifteenth of a Muslim. Women are half of the men in their religions.

Sharia is Islam's operating manual.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #116 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 9:02pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 at 1:13pm:
Quote:
Can you give an example of a sinlge conviction that went down to "my word against his"

This was a recent case which was quite clearly just a word vs word conviction. The judge said she was "impressed" with the testimony of the female, and so she convicted him, with absolutely no hard evidence at all. I'm not saying the guy is guilty, he could be, but I find it disturbing he was convicted on such flimsy grounds.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/book-reviews/girls-like-you/2006/08/15/1155407792829.html

Anyone interested in this issue should read this book. Not to enforce uninformed, dare i say racist, beliefs.
But to see the results of a belief system/social structure gone wrong.
I have never experienced a case as described in the book nor do i suggest that this is the result of Islam. Rape is a constant in any society, the societies action is the difference.
But... i have seen its roots, its base.
I've seen, heard and been disgusted by the attitudes of young men that stem from these countries/religions/family’s. I have tried never to generalise... I also recall times when i wished for a blunt object large enough to rape and deprive the torrid stench that surrounded me.

I am extremely ashamed to say... Look down upon my women and i will reach for that blunt object.

Abu, i see you in societies vomit.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #117 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 2:51pm

Jame-e, did you see this in the link you posted?

Quote:
But as Sheehan himself observes, Islam prohibits not only rape, but sexual contact outside of marriage. There is no sense in which these rapists could justify their crimes on the basis of religious faith.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #118 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 6:07pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 2:51pm:

Quote:
But as Sheehan himself observes, Islam prohibits not only rape, but sexual contact outside of marriage. There is no sense in which these rapists could justify their crimes on the basis of religious faith.

"nor do i suggest that this is the result of Islam"

Did you see this in the post i posted?

But i have to agree, Given that all religions follow their holy books to the letter, nothing bad can result from religion, ever.  Undecided

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #119 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 6:40pm

Quote:

Inserted on lawyer's advice to avoid absurd litigation.  There is no prohibition of what we call rape by Islam in war. They just don't call it rape.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #120 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 7:46pm

Likewise, there is no prhibition on rape in marriage, because Islam rejects the concept of consensual sex. Same with slaves, or whatever 'your right hand possesses'. Except your hand itself - masturbation is for bidden.

In Islam, where sex is permitted, consent is not required. Even where sex and rape is technically forbidden, if a non-Muslim is the victim, good luck getting a conviction - your testimony does not count.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #121 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 7:58pm

Quote:

Whip the arrse of this one, Annie, if you can/dare:

"In the case of death of a female, death compensation allowed is equal to half the amount as admissible to males professing the same religion."

With respect, you must have some major issues if you fancy yourself as some sort of Betty Page girlie transgressive / groundbreaker AND can accommodate your conversion to Islam in the same skull.

Don't answer, I am not trying to argue with you. Just reflect.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:11pm

Rape is just one ugly facet of this cult of terror. The entire mindset of Islam caters for brutality and total subjugation of the subjects of the top bully, male and female.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #123 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:15pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:11pm:
Rape is just one ugly facet of this cult of terror. The entire mindset of Islam caters for brutality and total subjugation of the subjects of the top bully, male and female.

That's an elegant joining of the whip lady and Islamic dogma, I must say.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #124 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:06pm

Ignorance is just one ugly facet of this cult of AussieF2R. The entire mindset of AussieF2R caters for brutality and total Radicalisation of the subjects of the top AussieF2R, bogan and sheila.

Gotta love a constructive approach.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #125 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:15pm

jame-e wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:06pm:
Mustn't hate a simplistic reflex.

Excellent game.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #126 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:50pm

Soren wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:15pm:
Mustn't hate a simplistic reflex.

Excellent game.

Smiley

...did i mention that i'm the only one allowed to play?

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #127 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 4:39pm

Quote:
With respect, you must have some major issues if you fancy yourself as some sort of Betty Page girlie transgressive / groundbreaker AND can accommodate your conversion to Islam in the same skull.

You certainly are fascinated by my avatar, Soren. In fact, you never miss an opportunity to mention it whenever we engage in discussion. Maybe you have some issues of your own?

Not judging you of course... just concerned for your well-being.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #128 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 4:42pm

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #129 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 4:43pm

Rawr.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 5:55pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 4:43pm:
Rawr.

What`s with the dead fish eyes?

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 5:56pm

Ignorance is just one ugly facet of this cult of AussieF2R. The entire mindset of AussieF2R caters for brutality and total Radicalisation of the subjects of the top AussieF2R, bogan and sheila.

Gotta love a constructive approach.

Slimeball approach.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #132 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 5:56pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 8th, 2010 at 4:39pm:
Quote:

You certainly are fascinated by my avatar, Soren. In fact, you never miss an opportunity to mention it whenever we engage in discussion. Maybe you have some issues of your own?

Not judging you of course... just concerned for your well-being.

It is just amusing to see, once more, that completely contradictory things live side-by-side in Muslims' minds. Perhap it is a pre-condition to being a Muslim?  Who knows? WHo cares! It is muzing, though.

Betty Page
"Her later life was marked by depression, violent mood swings and several years in a state psychiatric hospital.[5][6] In 1959, she converted to Christianity, and later worked for Billy Graham.[7] After years of obscurity, she experienced a resurgence of popularity in the 1980s."

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #133 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 9:40am

Is that from your own private collection, Soren?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #134 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:32am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 9th, 2010 at 9:40am:

That's very transgressive and edgy and daring - but no, it's from Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bettie_Page#Modeling_career

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #135 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 12:47pm

Annie and Soren should have a sitcom together.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #136 - Nov 9th, 2010 at 6:14pm

Soren wrote on Nov 9th, 2010 at 11:32am:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 9th, 2010 at 9:40am:

That's very transgressive and edgy and daring - but no, it's from Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bettie_Page#Modeling_career

I'm not embarrassed to say that Annies avatar does something to me, I’m sure thats why she chose it.

What is embarrassing is that i subconsciously associate the avatar with Annie, in so doing ,Annie does something to me.

Even more embarrassing is that because of the association I’m actually interested in her sometimes contradictory and weak comments/beliefs. Soren does a very good job at highlighting the flaws yet it almost seems ok that she never wholly responds.

Stupid penis.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print