Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
I now respect Islam (Read 13636 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: I now respect Islam
Reply #105 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:55pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:29pm:
"crying rape" in order to avoid their own charges?

Which is, ironically, what Mohammedans have been doing for a long time know. "We only burnt down your embassies because we was wronged, man. You drew cartoons! That's worse than rape!! "

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #106 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:49am

Quote:
"We only burnt down your embassies because we was wronged, man. You drew cartoons! That's worse than rape!! "

Although that "groovy" counter-culture accent of yours might've sounded mighty suave back in the 60's debating against anti-vietnam protesters, it just seems quite out of place here...

You're sort of on the right track though, I am anti-war... just wrong war.. oh and decade.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #107 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:31pm

Quote:
Why is that fd?? Do you not believe in drug laws or something? Or do you think being a victim of a crime means one should be exonerated from their own crimes instantly??

There are several reasons. One, it is extremely difficult to get a rape conviction at the best of times. Yet it is a high priority. Or at least, it should be. The police often let the minor charges go to secure the more important conviction. The alternative would prevent people from reporting crimes, or bearing witness to a crime, because they may be implicated in something petty that in this case has a draconian punishment. You claim that Islam magically 'prevents' this sort of crime. Yet all I see is it covering up the crime and making it easier to get away with. You say that muslims take rape seriously, but that is obviously not the case if they would so readily undermine their ability to secure a conviction. Maybe they take it seriously, but just not as seriously as more petty offences like consuming alcohol outside of a licensed premises.

Quote:
Wouldn't that just open the door to anyone who's charged with a crime, "crying rape" in order to avoid their own charges?

You seem to have it backwards Abu. She did not get charged then cry rape. She came forward to report the rape, then freely admitted to the minor offences. She could probably have lied about the alcohol if necessary. She probably could not comprehend the pettiness of the local police. If what you say were true, people would cry rape in the west all the time to get around charges. It does not happen. The police are not idiots. At least, not here.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #108 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:36pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:49am:
Quote:
"We only burnt down your embassies because we was wronged, man. You drew cartoons! That's worse than rape!! "

Although that "groovy" counter-culture accent of yours might've sounded mighty suave back in the 60's debating against anti-vietnam protesters, it just seems quite out of place here...

You're sort of on the right track though, I am anti-war... just wrong war.. oh and decade.

Love these flashes of incomprehension from you.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #109 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:43pm

Quote:
You claim that Islam magically 'prevents' this sort of crime. Yet all I see is it covering up the crime and making it easier to get away with.

Based on the UAE?? The UAE is not Islam.

I don't know why you consistently fail to understand this. Or is it more you don't want to? Much easier to just fabricate the idea that Islam is what's in the UAE (or Saudi or Iran or whatever) since it makes your argument easier to push? When I come on here promoting the system in a country and saying "here, this is what I think is the best system", then you can begin critiquing it based on that.

Until you make this simplistic realisation, I guess I can just begin using the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea as my model for critiquing democracy.

Quote:
One, it is extremely difficult to get a rape conviction at the best of times.

Actually today it seems to be fairly easy to get one in Australia. Often it's merely the woman's word against the man's, and often goes in the favour of the woman. I think great injustice is being done today in favour of rape convictions, perhaps a "rebound effect" from the injustices done in the past against them, but still not right.

Quote:
If what you say were true, people would cry rape in the west all the time to get around charges.

Right, but in the West they don't follow your deluded idea either that other charges get waived in light of a rape. I don't think any country follows this ridiculous idea.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #110 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:46pm

Quote:
Based on the UAE?? The UAE is not Islam.

I don't know why you consistently fail to understand this.

Sorry, I guessed genuine Islam would be similar. Would it? Is this just another pointless diversion?

Quote:
Actually today it seems to be fairly easy to get one in Australia. Often it's merely the woman's word against the man's, and often goes in the favour of the woman. I think great injustice is being done today in favour of rape convictions, perhaps a "rebound effect" from the injustices done in the past against them, but still not right.

Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
Right, but in the West they don't follow your deluded idea either that other charges get waived in light of a rape. I don't think any country follows this ridiculous idea.

It is common practice to drop the minor charges to secure the more important conviction.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #111 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:59pm

Quote:
Sorry, I guessed genuine Islam would be similar. Would it

The Islamic system does not permit alcohol (except for small quantities for Christian religious services) and does not permit women to just galavant around the city at night being passed out drunk in toilets to begin with. So the social conditions simply wouldn't exist for such things to eventuate. The UAE (with the exception of Shariqah) is an extremely corrupt and Westernised country, who occasionally pretend to be all Islamic and arrest someone, most likely there's more to it than we are hearing.

Quote:
Is this just another pointless diversion?

No more than you refusing to answer a critique of democracy based on DPRK's behaviour would be.

Quote:
Why am I not surprised?

I don't know, why are you not?

Quote:
It is common practice to drop the minor charges to secure the more important conviction.

It is? How do we know then that a lot of these "my word against his" rape convictions aren't this very thing?? We don't...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #112 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 1:03pm

Quote:
The Islamic system does not permit alcohol (except for small quantities for Christian religious services) and does not permit women to just galavant around the city at night being passed out drunk in toilets to begin with. So the social conditions simply wouldn't exist for such things to eventuate. The UAE (with the exception of Shariqah) is an extremely corrupt and Westernised country, who occasionally pretend to be all Islamic and arrest someone, most likely there's more to it than we are hearing.

So it would be the same? If a woman got drunk, then raped, then reported it and admitted to being drunk, she would be punished - probably in a far more barbaric way? And your complaint that the UAE is not a Caliphate is just a silly diversion.

Quote:
It is? How do we know then that a lot of these "my word against his" rape convictions aren't this very thing?? We don't...

Can you give an example of a sinlge conviction that went down to "my word against his"?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #113 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 1:13pm

Quote:
Can you give an example of a sinlge conviction that went down to "my word against his"

This was a recent case which was quite clearly just a word vs word conviction. The judge said she was "impressed" with the testimony of the female, and so she convicted him, with absolutely no hard evidence at all. I'm not saying the guy is guilty, he could be, but I find it disturbing he was convicted on such flimsy grounds.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #114 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 1:16pm

Quote:
In denying molesting the woman Abdul Magid Qazizada testified that he was a practising Muslim who had been fasting because it had been Ramadan, a time "when men don't even touch their wives".

Grin

Now I see why it bothers you so much.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #115 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 10:34am

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 at 12:43pm:
Much easier to just fabricate the idea that Islam is what's in the UAE (or Saudi or Iran or whatever) since it makes your argument easier to push? When I come on here promoting the system in a country and saying "here, this is what I think is the best system", then you can begin critiquing it based on that.

Well, you promote sharia as the best system even though it is an utterly supremacist, fascist system:

All Death Compensation cases (except industrial accidents) in Saudi Arabia are settled through concerned Shariat Courts in accordance with the Shariat Law.

5. Maximum Amount admissible : 

The maximum amount of Death Compensation (Diyya) generally admissible in Saudi Arabia,  in respect of road/traffic/fire accident, murder, etc. is as under:

Death Compensation in respect of a male person: 

i.        Muslim       -        SR. 100,000/-

ii.       Christian/Jew  - SR.50,000/-   

iii.      Other religions : such as  Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, etc. -  SR 6666.66

In the case of death of a female, death compensation allowed is equal to half the amount as admissible to males professing the same religion.   Further the amount of compensation admissible, is based on the percentage of responsibility fixed on the causer e.g. if the causer is held 50% responsible for the accident resulting in the death of a Muslim, the amount of Death Compensation admissible will be SR 50,000 only.

http://www.cgijeddah.com/cgijed/welfare/deathbooklet.htm

From the Consul General of India's website in Riyadh. They obviously deal with the intricate issues of calculating death benefits for the Indian nationals working and dying in Araby.
A Christian or Jew is half a Muslim. Anyone else is one fifteenth of a Muslim. Women are half of the men in their religions.

Sharia is Islam's operating manual.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #116 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 9:02pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 9th, 2010 at 1:13pm:
Quote:
Can you give an example of a sinlge conviction that went down to "my word against his"

This was a recent case which was quite clearly just a word vs word conviction. The judge said she was "impressed" with the testimony of the female, and so she convicted him, with absolutely no hard evidence at all. I'm not saying the guy is guilty, he could be, but I find it disturbing he was convicted on such flimsy grounds.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/book-reviews/girls-like-you/2006/08/15/1155407792829.html

Anyone interested in this issue should read this book. Not to enforce uninformed, dare i say racist, beliefs.
But to see the results of a belief system/social structure gone wrong.
I have never experienced a case as described in the book nor do i suggest that this is the result of Islam. Rape is a constant in any society, the societies action is the difference.
But... i have seen its roots, its base.
I've seen, heard and been disgusted by the attitudes of young men that stem from these countries/religions/family’s. I have tried never to generalise... I also recall times when i wished for a blunt object large enough to rape and deprive the torrid stench that surrounded me.

I am extremely ashamed to say... Look down upon my women and i will reach for that blunt object.

Abu, i see you in societies vomit.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #117 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 2:51pm

Jame-e, did you see this in the link you posted?

Quote:
But as Sheehan himself observes, Islam prohibits not only rape, but sexual contact outside of marriage. There is no sense in which these rapists could justify their crimes on the basis of religious faith.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #118 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 6:07pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 2:51pm:

Quote:
But as Sheehan himself observes, Islam prohibits not only rape, but sexual contact outside of marriage. There is no sense in which these rapists could justify their crimes on the basis of religious faith.

"nor do i suggest that this is the result of Islam"

Did you see this in the post i posted?

But i have to agree, Given that all religions follow their holy books to the letter, nothing bad can result from religion, ever.  Undecided

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #119 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 6:40pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 2:51pm:

Quote:

Inserted on lawyer's advice to avoid absurd litigation.  There is no prohibition of what we call rape by Islam in war. They just don't call it rape.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print