Send Topic Print
Aryan Cannibals (Read 2756 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: Aryan Cannibals
Reply #15 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:56am

jordan484 wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:03am:
abu_rashid wrote on Dec 7th, 2009 at 11:17pm:
As I've said enough times mozza, Islam already has way too many critics. Just trying to even things up a little.

Then you're failing. All you're serving to do with your attitude is create further divide, hatred, suspicion and intolerance of Islam.

And ridicule. Don't forget ridicule.

Mohammedan Munchausens are covering up their enormous inferiority by boasting of fantastic achievements and superiority in everything  - always in the past, of course, always - to deflect from their pitiful and hopeless mental, social, industrial paralysis. They have been in the grip of sloth and heathen folly for centuries. They are now screaming in delirium.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 7:39am

Soren wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:56am:
They have been in the grip of sloth and heathen folly for centuries. They are now screaming in delirium.

"sloth and heathen folly", Soren? Grin (bit of Welsh Chapel is it?)

Ah, screaming in Delirium... those were the days... Nice over there this time of year too Grin

« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2009 at 8:46am by NorthOfNorth »  

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:15am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 7:39am:
Soren wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:56am:
They have been in the grip of sloth and heathen folly for centuries. They are now screaming in delirium.

"sloth and heathen folly", Soren? Grin (bit of Welsh Chapel is it?)

No, Kipling.

Take up the White Man's burden--
The savage wars of peace--
Fill full the mouth of Famine
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
The end for others sought,
Watch sloth and heathen Folly
Bring all your hopes to nought.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:28am

Maudlin...

Too much crying into his gin that night...

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:32am

Amadd,

Quote:
Abu, you see and read things as you like.

Very true, but so does everyone else. The difference between them and I, being that I can admit it. Most others seem to be under some delusion their way of seeing and reading things is just the universal default.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #20 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:36am

Quote:
Take up the White Man's burden

Yeh the poor white man. He just wants to sheepishly help everyone out, so altruistic, and what does he get for his troubles? A bunch of ungrateful ethnic whingers... right?

Quote:
Fill full the mouth of Famine

Or like in the case of British occupied India, send all the food back home from the famine stricken lands, and leave tens of millions to die...

Bloody ungrateful lot they were, they probably deserved it, they woulda just gone on to immigrate to the East of London anyway and fill it full of curry shops.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 12:13pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:28am:
Maudlin...

Too much crying into his gin that night...

in vino gino veritas

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #22 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 3:51pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 7th, 2009 at 11:33am:
My point was that you claimed it was the norm of the time. No it wasn't. It was the norm for primitive people only. Large parts of the rest of the world were behaving fairly civilised. And the only reason such people ever became civilised was because of the kindness shown to them by the Islamic civilisation. If not for that kindness, Europe would still be a seething mess of primitive cannibals, probably still duking it out with the crusaders who tried to tame them.

It's plainly folly to try to deduce anything from this example of neolithic culture from 7000 years ago. That was before the first permanent settlements - even older than Jericho. Cannibalism was fairly common to all peoples at this time, and even in later civilizations, such as the Phoenicians, who only lived 2500 years ago, child sacrifice and cannibalism was rife.

I'm not going to jump on teh bandwagon and make any stupid cultural inferences here, but the Phoenicians spoke a Semitic precursor of Arabic for what it matters.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #23 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:46pm

Quote:
It's plainly folly to try to deduce anything from this example of neolithic culture from 7000 years ago.

Muso, I'm sure you can deduce that it was a tongue-in-cheek bash at the white supremos (as mentioned in the intial post) at how northern europeans are supposedly the epitomy of civilization and advanced peoples.

Quote:
That was before the first permanent settlements

No it was not. The Ubaid civilization in Southern Iraq established permanent settlements around 7300 years ago. In fact they were engaged in irrigation farming and other advanced civilizational activities around 6800 years ago, and had been engaged in agriculture for at least 500 years prior to that. Even older than that is the city of Ain Ghazal (modern day Jordan) which goes back around 9000 years ago, and had a population of around 3,000. Damascus also has traces of civilisation from around the same time, perhaps longer.

Quote:
even older than Jericho.

Areeha (Jericho) is believed to have been inhabited for about 10-11,000 years, so no, nowhere near as old.

Quote:
and even in later civilizations, such as the Phoenicians, who only lived 2500 years ago, child sacrifice and cannibalism was rife.

It was? From where did you get this? Rife?? Are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit there?

Quote:
but the Phoenicians spoke a Semitic precursor of Arabic for what it matters.

Although they are both Semitic languages, Phoenician (actually Canaanite, Phoenician is a misnomer) is from the North-West branch of Semitic languages, whilst Arabic is from the Central branch of Semitic languages. Not sure quite what you mean by precursor, but if you mean ancestor, this is simply not the case. Sibling, yes, but ancestor, no.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:52pm

What a wonderful illustration of the difference between learning, and knowing.

Some people can seem to know a lot, but also seem to learn so little.

I love history, I love the stories of how people used to live, and how cultures evolved, but I have never seen it as a useful measure of any cultures current worth, for that, our destiny is in our own hands.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print