Nationalism (Read 7785 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: Nationalism
Reply #60 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:56pm

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 19th, 2009 at 6:22pm:
Quote:
an academic who blames the loss of ‘faith and piety among women’

Been the same since the days in the Garden of Eden hasn't it. Blame it on the female, it was her fault... I never understood this part of the Judeo-Christian doctrine, and then you try to claim Islam is anti-female...

Look at you!!! Bloody Germain Greer!!!

Being half a male but still, Germs, standing up for those jewish and christian ladies. Noice.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #61 - Nov 19th, 2009 at 9:33pm

I take that as an indication that you concede the point on occupation of Palestine?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Ephestion

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 1:37am

Abu it is well known in Christian circles that the women held Christianity together. The guys were warriors and the girls were good samaritans its been that way for milleniums. The rise of Christianity started when women had their gatherings and would sit around talking about their supportive roles like Nursing, Helping out the Monastaries and so forth. They had spare time, but the guys were usually in the army or had other duties which were less Christian in nature. By this i mean that role of sharing and being kind was filled by the women not the men. As time progressed and during the 60's that role of females along with rearing their own children started to phase out. So that academic is not blaming wmen he is stating that when women turned away from their CHristian roles that is when the rest of society followed. Not because women are bad but because they were the ones holding the faith together in Western society and especially amongst the Anglican churches.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 9:20am

Soren wrote on Nov 19th, 2009 at 8:56pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Nov 19th, 2009 at 6:22pm:
Quote:
an academic who blames the loss of ‘faith and piety among women’

Been the same since the days in the Garden of Eden hasn't it. Blame it on the female, it was her fault... I never understood this part of the Judeo-Christian doctrine, and then you try to claim Islam is anti-female...

Look at you!!! Bloody Germain Greer!!!

Being half a male but still, Germs, standing up for those jewish and christian ladies. Noice.

Muslim savages update
The Spectator. Rod LiddleThursday, 19th November 2009

Time for a quick update on what the Muslim savages are up to. Here’s a story from today’s Daily Mail, with a cut-out-keep picture, of Somali Muslim savages stoning to a twenty year old woman for the crime of adultery.
Last year they killed a thirteen year old girl in a similar fashion; seven Muslim states stone women to death for adultery, and they will even provide the stones for you, which is thoughtful. Eleven will chop your head off if you renounce the Muslim faith. The overwhelming majority of Islamic states will either kill you, send you to work in a labour camp, put you in prison or fine you if you are gay. Bugger someone adulterously in Somalia while calling a Mohammed a gimp and you’re REALLY in trouble, I suppose. I know you know all this, but it is worth reminding ourselves of it from time to time.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/rodliddle/5552353/muslim-savages-update.thtml

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #64 - Nov 20th, 2009 at 10:16am

Soren wrote on Nov 19th, 2009 at 10:44am:
abu_rashid wrote on Nov 19th, 2009 at 9:24am:
As an Aussie myself

Grin Grin Grin

As Aussie as Rabia Hutchinson.

And your views are exactly the same as hers and her ex-husband's.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/local-links-to-master-taliban-strate...
THE veteran mujaheddin leader once married to Australian woman Rabiah Hutchinson has re-emerged as a key political and military strategist for the Taliban in its insurgency in Afghanistan.

Egyptian Mustafa Hamid, also known as Abu Walid al-Misri, has authored a series of articles in the official Taliban magazine and on Islamist websites in the past two months, outlining the Taliban's push to retake Afghanistan and re-establish the Islamic Emirate overthrown by US forces in 2001.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Nov 27th, 2009 at 11:03am

I can't understand why there isn't an Australian Anal Church - the AAC.

You've got the Muslims, the Othadoxes, etc, etc. And John Howard used to say that the Liberal Party was a broad church, so they could be included too.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #66 - Nov 27th, 2009 at 11:09am

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 27th, 2009 at 11:03am:
And John Howard used to say that the Liberal Party was a broad church, so they could be included too.

A 'broad' church, eh...  Grin

In other words a catholic church  Grin

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Nov 27th, 2009 at 12:14pm

Will be when Abbot takes over, yeah.

IP Logged

Ephestion

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 3:04am

anal or catholic?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 3:44pm

Oh, Ephestion. I knew you'd ask eventually.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print