Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Melbourne Cup (Read 2761 times)
Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Melbourne Cup
Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:11am

Introduction to the Truth on the Melbourne Cup. By Travis Truman, Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.

What is the Melbourne Cup? According to society, it is a festive race held in Australia centered around a grand horse race. It is even a public holiday, so the citizens can enjoy and celebrate this day.

Is this True? No!

The Forbidden Truth is that the melbourne cup is a ritualistic and barbaric societally-sponsered animal-harm and animal-exhibitionist institution, designed to both torment animals and make humans feel superior to animals.

(A. Humans have this need to feel superior to the animals because they suffer from total inferiority. This inferiority is nearly always a supressed, subconscious, ego-driven complex. Societal leaders realise this and thus pander to the citizen-slaves with zoos and races etc. The Truth is that animals are Superior, as they do not suffer the mental derangement, psychological disorders and so on that humans do.)

Society makes the horse CONTROLLED by the human, as to show the human as being the better mind, and the animal as a lowly slave-beast. This is an utterly deranged and immoral policy, and is linked to the mental and psychological inferiority complexes of the human mind.

It says "oh, look at the horse, it does not know what to do, it needs a human to control it. The human is in charge, so he must be superior". Of course, this is false. The fact that most citizen-slaves needs to even do this proves that it is the human who is inferior to the horse.

Society also orders the "jockeys" to whip the horse, in order to cause pain and humiliation to the animal. In fact, if a jockey publically declared that he refused to whip his horse, that he thought that was immoral, then he would not only be replaced, but would face a twisted moral scorn and condemnation by society.

Some of you may be thinking that the reason is that they are whipped to make the "horse go faster". This a ludicrous! There never was any Truth-based legitimacy to the MC horse race. There is no Truth-based legitimacy to the very concept of horse racing. It is a deranged ritual of abusing animals. How fast the horses run and who wins the race is of ZERO importance to society and soceital leaders who institutionalize this ritual. They do not care about these things one iota. The reason why the horse is whipped is to be cruel to the horse, for humans sick twsited and enjoyment and release.

While there are some INDIVIDUALS who, because society bombarded them with advertising etc, may care what horse wins, they are not societies. They also do not generally care how FAST the horses go, but which horse actually wins. Unwhipped horses, even if they all went slower, still race. That said, racing itself is a damaging and brutal abuse of horses, but I am just making a point here.

The reason why they care who wins is due to gambling, need to "guess the right winner" and so on. Are these 2 things legitimate? No, but that is another essay.

So, there is no need to race or whip horses. The reason why is simply to beat and torment the animals.

I mentioned before that society allowed a holiday for this ritual. Society, by giving workers a day off, is actually harming industry and economics by doing so.

(B. The economic gains from the MC do not offset the massive loss of production due to the day off.)

The reason why society does this is NOT because of some love-dovey kindness, NOT because it cares for the broken lives of the citizen-slaves. It does so because the need to both :

1.feel superior to animals and-
2.harm/torment other life-forms is so great with humans that there has to be special outlets much greater than the normal zoo outlets, for the cathartically enraged citizen-slaves.

(C. Citizen-slaves often fo not realise how enraged, frustrated, suicidal etc. they actually are, because this is subconscious i.e. it has been supressed.)

(D. The reason why humans have all these psychological and mental and emotional problems is because of society and its various institutions)

Societal leaders know that too many citizen-slaves need an outlet. They have devised wrestling, zoos and boxing. However, that is NOT enough for the enraged slaves. Horse racing is another outlet, but it alsore-enforces the societal policy of immorally making animals the preferred targets of any abuse. Societal leaders rather that an animal is the victim rather than a human citizen-slave. This is another method of suggesting to the mind that humans have a "right" to control and abuse animals for their perverse needs.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Melbourne Cup
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:34am

I haven't looked into it that deeply - but I do agree it's a very cruel sport and racehorses, once they're past their use by date are sent to the glue factory, or dumped somewhere and neglected.

Quote:
Humans have this need to feel superior to the animals because they suffer from total inferiority. This inferiority is nearly always a supressed, subconscious, ego-driven complex. Societal leaders realise this and thus pander to the citizen-slaves with zoos and races etc. The Truth is that animals are Superior, as they do not suffer the mental derangement, psychological disorders and so on that humans do.)

The majority of humans wouldn't fall into this category, but those sick cruel and abusive humans would.

Unfortunately animals aren't considered superior as they are part of the food chain, but I can understand where you're coming from. Regardless of what an animal is being used for - they should be treated humanely at least until they meet their fate.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 3:24pm

my horses lost, the glue factory is too good for them

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 5:24pm

This is true. I think we should replace the horses with humans, and let midgets ride on their backs.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 6:43pm

Clueless flippin "merchant bankers"(rhyming slang for seppos too dense to figure it out, of the "plants have feelings too" variety) the people who race horses, are horse people, they care for the horse to the degree that they live far better than billions of humans, so your misplaced concern would be better spent working an extra shift at Maccas, then donating the proceeds to feed the starving.

Sure, every sperm is sacred, and every animal (and plant perhaps?) should be assigned greater rights than any human. We could also set up a court to try, and punish, other animals who offend your sensibilities by say, tearing a fuzzy widdle cweature, limb from limb?
All carnivores naturally should get a peta approved lethal injection, if they do not immediately change over to a tofu diet.

If this "really" bothers you, then you are spending way too much personal time in the loo, so stop it, or you will go blind.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:13pm

Quote:
The Forbidden Truth is that the melbourne cup is a ritualistic and barbaric societally-sponsered animal-harm and animal-exhibitionist institution, designed to both torment animals and make humans feel superior to animals.

That's shocking! Go you good thing!!

IP Logged

Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:14pm

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 5:24pm:
This is true. I think we should replace the horses with humans, and let midgets ride on their backs.

The Forbidden Truth here is that there is more legitimacy to this humans-riding-humans idea than the perverted humans-riding-horses ritual.

That said, a Truth-based society would allow and societally sponser neither.

IP Logged

Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:19pm

Reply to Mantra

I haven't looked into it that deeply - but I do agree it's a very cruel sport and racehorses, once they're past their use by date are sent to the glue factory, or dumped somewhere and neglected.

Yes, it is a cruel and abusive exploitation of animals that is CELEBRATED and promoted by society.

Quote:
Humans have this need to feel superior to the animals because they suffer from total inferiority. This inferiority is nearly always a supressed, subconscious, ego-driven complex. Societal leaders realise this and thus pander to the citizen-slaves with zoos and races etc. The Truth is that animals are Superior, as they do not suffer the mental derangement, psychological disorders and so on that humans do.)

The majority of humans wouldn't fall into this category, but those sick cruel and abusive humans would.

There are some humans who would not, but not many. Most humans have been successfully brainwashed by society into believing the falsehood that humans are "more important" and "above" animals, where as the Truth is quite the reverse.

Unfortunately animals aren't considered superior as they are part of the food chain, but I can understand where you're coming from.

Human considerations are irrelevant to the Truth. The Truth is that humans are also animals, and part of the food chain. Humans have largely altered this, due to thier toxic and hopelessly malfunctioning brains.

Regardless of what an animal is being used for - they should be treated humanely at least until they meet their fate.

Humane treatment IS the abusive and exploitative treatment, as only humans engage in such behaviours.

Travis Truman.

IP Logged

Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:27pm

Reply to mozzaok

Clueless flippin "merchant bankers"(rhyming slang for seppos too dense to figure it out, of the "plants have feelings too" variety)

Rambling.

the people who race horses, are horse people,

There is no such legitimate thing as "horse people". They are toxic human citizen-slaves, and their mere presence near a horse endangers its safety.

they care for the horse to the degree that they live far better than billions of humans, so your misplaced concern would be better spent working an extra shift at Maccas, then donating the proceeds to feed the starving.

I have zero concern for the mass starving of humans by their societies.
They do not "care" for the horse, as evidenced by their cruel exploitation of this animal. Horses belong in the wild, away from toxic humans.

Sure, every sperm is sacred,

This is off-topic and completely incorrect.

and every animal (and plant perhaps?) should be assigned greater rights than any human.

Humans deserve no rights over animals.

We could also set up a court to try, and punish, other animals who offend your sensibilities by say, tearing a fuzzy widdle cweature, limb from limb?

A human justice system aimed at animals would be a FURTHER human attrocity against these Superiors.

All carnivores naturally should get a peta approved lethal injection, if they do not immediately change over to a tofu diet.

This is an insane statement. Not only do animals have every right to experiance freedom, and do, they have a right to act in a natural way as they dictate. To suggest the solution to any killing (human or otherwise) should involve the original killing and then further societally-sponsered organised killing is insane.

If this "really" bothers you, then you are spending way too much personal time in the loo, so stop it, or you will go blind.

Masturbation is a Superior and Truth-based activity.

IP Logged

Hlysnan

Riht, Fr[ch275]od[ch333]m,
Wærscipe

Burwood
Reply #9 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:53pm

I read about the maltreatment of horses before, and I think it should be stopped. I also think that we should stop the sale of non-goldfish pets since so many people don't know how to look after them. Maybe a pet licence?

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 5:24pm:

I'm pretty sure there was something like this on the news a few weeks ago... but I can't remember exactly.

Seer Travis Truman wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:19pm:
There are some humans who would not, but not many. Most humans have been successfully brainwashed by society into believing the falsehood that humans are "more important" and "above" animals, where as the Truth is quite the reverse.

I think that humans are more important than animals simply because we have the most developed brains and the ability to manipulate objects at a much more sophisticated level than any other animal. We can shape the world to our liking whereas most other animals do not have this possibility.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #10 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:47pm

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there was something like this on the news a few weeks ago... but I can't remember exactly.

Yeh there was, and it was condemned as being anti-midget, that's my point Smiley

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:14pm

it's alright for you people.
you did not lose any money on it.

next topic .........

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #12 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:23pm

Quote:
you did not lose any money on it.

Well I don't know about anyone else here, but I didn't lose any money on it because I'm not an idiot who'd give my money away like that.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:24pm

Seer Travis Truman wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:11am:
(A. Humans have this need to feel superior to the animals because they suffer from total inferiority. This inferiority is nearly always a supressed, subconscious, ego-driven complex. Societal leaders realise this and thus pander to the citizen-slaves with zoos and races etc. The Truth is that animals are Superior, as they do not suffer the mental derangement, psychological disorders and so on that humans do.)

Not true.

CLIVE: People go, they're all moaning on, they say whales are more intelligent than human beings.
DEREK: Yeah.
CLIVE: Are they? Do you think whales and dolphins are more intelligent than human beings?
DEREK: Oh yeah.
CLIVE: Why?
DEREK: Says so.
CLIVE: Yeah, but they're not. Whales are smacking stupid. Can you mention one whale in the history of mankind that has had a record in the top ten? Can you? Can you mention one whale who's written the equivalent of, er, 'Othello', Shakespeare, 'Health & Efficiency'? They've produced nothing in the way of literature. All they've smacking produced is a load of other whales and all they eat is smacking plankton, and they call them intelligent. Can you imagine drifting along in the sea with your mouth open and a lot of smacking plankton going in?
DEREK: Yeah, I can imagine that.
CLIVE: You'd like it, would you, just drifting around in the sea? And you can't-, they're such front bottoms they can't even breathe underwater. They have to keep coming up the whole smacking time and spouting. Then some front bottom comes on telly and he says, "Oh, the whale is being wiped out by mankind, save the smacking whales." Well! During the war, did we notice a lot of whales, rallying round and saying, "Save England!" I didn't notice many down my part of the world.
DEREK: Oh, smacking-
CLIVE: I didn't see whales coming up with Union Jacks saying, "We'll fight the Boche". No, they were doing smacking all .....
DEREK: No, 'cause they .....
CLIVE: ..... swimming around the smacking sea sucking smacking plankton down!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 12:34am

if whales were so intelligent, how come they did not make cars?

what other 1.3 billion people can't make cars ?

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #15 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 11:00am

Seer Travis Truman wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:11am:

O..K...............

So in your obviously broad experience of mental derangement and psychological disorders, which medication works best for you?

(I'm quite fascinated, because I'm a giraffe myself)

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Darwin
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 11:33am

mantra wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 11:34am:

Actually stallions and mares are used for breeding. I doubt too many go to the knacker once they stop racing.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 9:47pm

Seer Travis Truman wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:27pm:
Reply to mozzaok

Clueless flippin "merchant bankers"(rhyming slang for seppos too dense to figure it out, of the "plants have feelings too" variety)

Rambling.

No point using rhyming slang Mozz... He's a troppo seppo.

"Rambling" Grin That's one thing you can rely on with yanks... no sense of irony Grin Course, that's true of psychopaths as well Grin ... so you're on a double.

Seer Travis Truman wrote on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 7:27pm:
the people who race horses, are horse people,

There is no such legitimate thing as "horse people". They are toxic human citizen-slaves, and their mere presence near a horse endangers its safety.

Your mere existence is a danger.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 10:44pm

Reply to JaeMi
I read about the maltreatment of horses before, and I think it should be stopped. I also think that we should stop the sale of non-goldfish pets since so many people don't know how to look after them. Maybe a pet licence?

Hello. The Truth is that society promotes nearly endless ways of abusing animals. Such as the insane "show dogs" system, of creating genetic freaks that are against the flow of evolution.

A pet license is a good idea, but only a few circumstances exist where humans should be able to keep animals.

Soicety is NOT going to stop, in fact society is currently accelerating its animal abuse/exploitation policies.

What appears on the news MUST be carefully analysed from a Forbidden Truth perspective before being considered for use in any way. The media is controlled 100% by society, and only societally-approved programming is shown. There has never been any dedicated Forbidden Truth programming, nor will there ever be.

I think that humans are more important than animals

See? You are brainwashed also. You are wrong, animals are Superior.

simply because we have the most developed brains

Incorrect. Humans have the WORST brain function of any animal on this planet, possibly the cosmos. THe human brain is hopelessly faulty, and ultra-deseased on a genetic AND True_Reality level.

and the ability to manipulate objects at a much more sophisticated level than any other animal.

This ability has no Truth-based value, because humans lost thier sanity and integrity in the process of this evolutionary error.

We can shape the world to our liking whereas most other animals do not have this possibility.

Incorrect. Humans are UNABLE to shape the world into any Truth-based or legitimate form. Humans cannot even maintain their environment properly.

Travis Truman.

IP Logged

Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 10:52pm

Reply to soren

Not true.

Yes it is. You are wrong, and in Truth-denial just like so many human inferiors.

Humans higher cognitive abilities in no way compensate for the psychologial, mental and general derangement of humans.

IP Logged

Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 10:56pm

DARWIN

Actually stallions and mares are used for breeding. I doubt too many go to the knacker once they stop racing.

Even one is too many, and none should be subjected to human derangement.

Another example of a humans inability to grasp Truth. The idea that horses require humans or racing for breeding is insane. They cannot be legitimately "used for breeding".

All you would get is MORE horses, and the same question arises again.

IP Logged

Darwin
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:13am

Because people like to ride horses, or watch races like the Melbourne Cup, there are many more horses about than would be the case otherwise. So if a gelding say is destroyed when its racing life is over and it is done humanely so what?

It is like the faulty reasoning vegetarians use: cows need so much energy to grow a kilogram of beef we should all be vegetarian. Bollocks. The food the cow eats is stuff like grass, usually in areas most unsuitable to grow oats and stuff.

We see these silly arguments now with cows burping methane. If the number of cows remains constant then they are not a net emitter of GHGs, just endless recyclers: carbon to grass to carbon

IP Logged

Hlysnan

Riht, Fr[ch275]od[ch333]m,
Wærscipe

Burwood
Reply #22 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:27am

Seer Travis Truman wrote on Nov 4th, 2009 at 10:44pm:
What appears on the news MUST be carefully analysed from a Forbidden Truth perspective before being considered for use in any way. The media is controlled 100% by society, and only societally-approved programming is shown. There has never been any dedicated Forbidden Truth programming, nor will there ever be.

I do not know what you mean by The Truth or Forbidden Truth, but if you are concerned about society-controlled media, perhaps you may want to run your own newsletter.

Quote:

Noone told or taught me to think this way, unless you think that watching cartoons depicting anthropomorphism is promoting the human way of life by forcing animals to act like humans...

Quote:
Incorrect. Humans have the WORST brain function of any animal on this planet, possibly the cosmos. THe human brain is hopelessly faulty, and ultra-deseased on a genetic AND True_Reality level.

Everyone has their own opinions. Isn't it great that you are able to argue your side of the discussion so that others may analyse and give input? I don't know what you mean by faulty and ultra-diseased, so I'm assuming you mean the power of the human analytical and creative abilities, which is so lacking in other animals.

Quote:
This ability has no Truth-based value, because humans lost thier sanity and integrity in the process of this evolutionary error.

To lose sanity is to lose soundness of judgment or reason. While there have been errors in the past, human society is adaptive and progressive. Many of these mistakes won't be repeated in the future.

Quote:
Incorrect. Humans are UNABLE to shape the world into any Truth-based or legitimate form. Humans cannot even maintain their environment properly.

What is the proper way of maintaining an environment? Why would we need to maintain such an environment? I find it amazing how we build cities and everything is run so efficiently in comparison with the past. Would you prefer that we lived in the forests without any use of tools?

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #23 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:46am

Darwin wrote on Dec 26th, 1973 at 2:57pm:

This would only apply to the minority of "winners". There are many racehorses that don't quite make it and would have no future as breeders.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 9:01am

Well I can see from the narrow sampling we see here, that humans do not follow any such breeding restrictions, unforunately.
I know of quite a few who definitely should never be allowed to breed.  Wink

IP Logged

Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:11am

DARWIN
Because people like to ride horses, or watch races like the Melbourne Cup, there are many more horses about than would be the case otherwise. So if a gelding say is destroyed when its racing life is over and it is done humanely so what?

That was not the OP. Anyway, a horse is brutally and malevolently murdered by society,  not "destroyed". THe lie-based term destroyed is simply used to delude yourselves that the animal is some kind of property.

There is no such thing as "humanely" murdering. All murders are murder acts, with the same result. This "humanely" label is used to again delude yourselves that it is a justifiable or "decent" murder act.

It is like the faulty reasoning vegetarians use: cows need so much energy to grow a kilogram of beef we should all be vegetarian.

No, it isn't like that at all. You're are not making sense.

IP Logged

Seer Travis Truman

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:24am

Reply to JaeMi

I do not know what you mean by The Truth or Forbidden Truth, but if you are concerned about society-controlled media, perhaps you may want to run your own newsletter.

I am not concerned over anything. I do run TruthMedia, but that is for My own reasons.

The Forbidden Truth means 100% factually based Truth on societal systems/institutions etc and is always 100% pure and accurate. Forbidden Truth is THE ultimate enemy of society. Due to so-called "socialisation" (brainwashing) less than .1% of humans can actually recognise and embrace Forbidden Truth.

Quote:
Noone told or taught me to think this way,

Wrong. Virtually everything you think and believe in are just distorted reflections of what society told you to believe and what society told you you are.

WHen you look in the mirror, you dont see yourself, you see what society told you to see in yourself.

You dont have mental freedom. Society has controlled your beliefs and you dont even realise it. I could give you endless examples, but that would be another thread.

unless you think that watching cartoons depicting anthropomorphism is promoting the human way of life by forcing animals to act like humans...

This is another example of human's need to distort the reality of what they have become, and stuff it down the throats of innocent children.

Everyone has their own opinions.

These are Truths, NOT opinions.

Isn't it great that you are able to argue your side of the discussion so that others may analyse and give input?

My arguments are Truth-based, and require no "input" from inferiors that ruin them. Society tells you to "listen to others" in an effort to COMPRIMISE the Truth, because over 99% of humans cannot recognise Truth.

I don't know what you mean by faulty and ultra-diseased, so I'm assuming you mean the power of the human analytical and creative abilities, which is so lacking in other animals.

I told you. THe psychological aspects of the human brain, its inability to recognise and accept the Forbidden Truths of life. I suggest you consult Truthmedia.8k.com for more information.

To lose sanity is to lose soundness of judgment or reason.

Humanity certainly has lost soundness in judgement and reason. In fact, that is putting it too mildly. Humanity is ultra-deranged.

While there have been errors in the past, human society is adaptive and progressive. Many of these mistakes won't be repeated in the future.

All the mistakes of the past are repeated. The only legitimate "progression" society needs to make is towards Truth, but society is heading in the opposite direction.

What is the proper way of maintaining an environment? Why would we need to maintain such an environment? I find it amazing how we build cities and everything is run so efficiently in comparison with the past. Would you prefer that we lived in the forests without any use of tools?

Currently, all human societies are more ultra-deseased than in the past. Humans have WREAKED the natural world. The building of cities in NO WAY compensates for the endless derangements and malevolent actions of human societies.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #27 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:41am

At this juncture, I should point out that I am a vegetarian for purely selfish reasons.

- But speaking as a giraffe:

"All men are enemies. All animals are comrades."
- George Orwell, Animal Farm, Ch. 1

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #28 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:43am

well I think it is very nice of the people in the shelter to let you use the computer travis, I hope you wash the dishes to show your appreciation.

Seriously, I have heard about cut snakes, but this one has been through the magic slice and dice!

The truth is out there!
Fetch!

Sorry, I must go and enslave my genetically altered wolf now, she is wanting her brekky : )

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 3:53pm

mozzaok wrote on Nov 5th, 2009 at 10:43am:
The truth is out there!
Fetch!

Grin Grin

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #30 - Nov 5th, 2009 at 5:51pm

Although I'm reasonably sure that good race horses (the ones that make money) are treated well, I think that Seer Travis deserves some air time on the subject.
For every one race horse that makes money, there must be at least ten that don't. It would be a brave call for anyone to say that all of these loser horses go to good homes as they generally don't make very good pets. Even more so for trotters and pacers.

And then you have greyhounds, which make pretty terrible pets at the best of times, let alone those that have been blooded for racing.

Rumour has it that some of these discarded greyhounds are sent to Asia where they are hung by the jaw and beaten to tenderise the meat. They are then skinned alive and put on display in restaurant windows. Just a fallacy? Who knows?

I don't see many pet greyhounds, whippets, has been or never were race horses, trotters or pacers in my neck of the woods.
If they do in fact go to good homes, then I haven't seen it. But the ones that make money, I'm sure that they are very much loved.

« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2009 at 7:04pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print