Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Horrible gang rape exposes awful reality (Read 4869 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Horrible gang rape exposes awful reality
Reply #45 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 3:39pm

Quote:
I would like to point out that Protestant churches have a severe problem..

Protestant churches have a severe problem, Catholic churches have a severe problem... that just about covers them all doesn't it... Christianity as a whole has a very big problem with paedophilia, it's seeped into every single level of it's ranks.

It's all good and well to claim these guys were not professionals... funny how when an astray Muslim or two (who've probably barely practised any of Islam in their lives) rape someone, all of a sudden it's a direct reflection on Islam, yet if a priest or even 'lay-ministers' like these guys do it, then it's nothing to do with the religion. It's this hypocrisy which I find the most sickening from the attitudes here.

Listen Ephestion, I know that true Christianity does not condone any of this kind of crap, but more and more today Christians are distorting and corrupting their own doctrines to "fit in" with the modern world, and I think a lot of it is related to this kind of stuff. When you are having gay marriages and even gay priests and you permit adultery and fornication and lewd dress and all this kind of stuff, you gotta accept responsibility for all the other wickedness that comes with it.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

skippy
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 3:48pm

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 3:39pm:
Quote:
I would like to point out that Protestant churches have a severe problem..

Protestant churches have a severe problem, Catholic churches have a severe problem... that just about covers them all doesn't it... Christianity as a whole has a very big problem with paedophilia, it's seeped into every single level of it's ranks.

It's all good and well to claim these guys were not professionals... funny how when an astray Muslim or two (who've probably barely practised any of Islam in their lives) rape someone, all of a sudden it's a direct reflection on Islam, yet if a priest or even 'lay-ministers' like these guys do it, then it's nothing to do with the religion. It's this hypocrisy which I find the most sickening from the attitudes here.

Listen Ephestion, I know that true Christianity does not condone any of this kind of crap, but more and more today Christians are distorting and corrupting their own doctrines to "fit in" with the modern world, and I think a lot of it is related to this kind of stuff. When you are having gay marriages and even gay priests and you permit adultery and fornication and lewd dress and all this kind of stuff, you gotta accept responsibility for all the other wickedness that comes with it.

I agree with most of that Abu.
What I dont agree with is your attitude to gay marriage and lewd dress, live and let live, dont push your thousand year old morals on others .
As far as adultery,  if we were like many Muslim countries we'd all have ten wives, I cant get over the mentality of someone who thinks because he has a bit of paper with ten different women he's being faithful to all of them.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #47 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 11:26pm

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Ephestion

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 4:06am

When you talk Christianity then there is only one: Orthodoxy. The others are cults. Much like the Alevi are to the Sunni or Shite.

Quote:
Christianity as a whole has a very big problem with paedophilia, it's seeped into every single level of it's ranks.

It seems much more prolific in Western "Christian" cultures actually. And like i said in some other posts. If you want to know Christianity then its Orthodoxy and in particular Greek Orthodoxy that you should investigate.

Quote:

Like i said calling yourself a Christian has nothing to with the fact of being one or not. The Roman Catholics and Protestant churches have changed. Orthodoxy remains solid as it was in 1000AD. That doesn't mean you need to dress like 1000AD but it means the moral values are retained. And despite what others say those morla values were debated for the first time in human history for 1000 and more years precious to the Great Schizm. Ptolemy (General of Alexander) pharoh of Egypt ordered the compilation of the Old Testiment in ~350BC. Indicating that the Monotheistic religion was being studied for obvious reasons: Civil Morals.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #49 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 9:11am

Quote:
When you talk Christianity then there is only one: Orthodoxy.

Which Orthodox? Greek? Russian? Coptic? Ethiopic? Assyrian? Armenian? Georgian?? Although they all claim to be orthodox, and they do have a lot of similarities, they also all have their differences...

Quote:
The others are cults. Much like the Alevi are to the Sunni or Shite.

The Alawi are a cult outside the fold of Islam, but they are a tiny little minority. The Catholics are the mainstream of Christianity, Protestants come in second, and Orthodox are third.

Quote:
It seems much more prolific in Western "Christian" cultures actually.

It's rife in Western cultures, since they are the main Christian cultures. It seems quite clearly to be endemic amongst the Christian churches, this just can't be denied. Surely the Catholic celibacy probably has something to do with its origins, and the Orthodox notably reject that.

And the Greek Orthodox is certainly not exempt from these scandals. The Dallas Greek Orthodox Church had a huge paedophilia scandal that was uncovered to have been going on for decades. And there's been others. Admittedly not as many as the Catholics.

Quote:
If you want to know Christianity then its Orthodoxy and in particular Greek Orthodoxy that you should investigate.

I investigated all the major branches of Christianity and Judaism before I embraced Islam. And I am quite obviously now a Muslim...

Quote:
The Roman Catholics and Protestant churches have changed. Orthodoxy remains solid as it was in 1000AD.

Actually some of the main reasons for which the great schism occurred such as the noble rejection by the Orthodox of icons were later reversed anyway and they ended up accepting such polytheistic nonsense.

All the Christian churches have changed from the original and pure pristine monotheistic message of the Messiah (pbuh). The Arians were the last vestige of monotheistic Christianity and they were completely eradicated by Catholics and Orthodox alike, because of their sheer refusal to recognise the preposterous idea of a man as god. The last Arians, who remained in the Iberian peninsula, mostly embraced Islam when it arrived there, and they recognised it's pure monotheistic teachings as those of the truth.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #50 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 10:12am

abu the deciever - it's 10 if you are a self styled murderinig paedophile who makes up arbitrary "rules".
oh, sounds like moh to me

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print