Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Horrible gang rape exposes awful reality (Read 4868 times)
skippy
Ex Member

Re: Horrible gang rape exposes awful reality
Reply #15 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 10:01am

Quote:
A GROUP of past and present University of Sydney students set up a ''pro-rape'' page in the sports and recreation section on Facebook, describing themselves as ''anti-consent''.

The students, mostly from an elite, all-male college, initially ensured the ''Define Statutory'' group had an open and public profile, and proudly displayed their membership on their personal Facebook pages

These blokes are supposed to be the future leaders of our country and they seem to think that this is ok, that concerns me.
What sort of values did these kids parents teach them, and how much respect do they have for their mothers?

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #16 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 10:20am

It is unfortunate, and timeless, that youth proclaim a bravado, and degree of experience, that few of them actually have.
The majority would be followers, who fear that speaking against such crass, ignorant attitudes, would see them branded as wimps, or nerds, and the self doubt that plagues adolescence would make it very difficult for them to stand up against such taunts.

The degree of guidance that young men need to make that epic transition from boyhood, to adulthood, is largely missing in our society, unlike tribal cultures which recognised "rite of passage" rituals, which we do not have.
This vacuum is unfortunately filled by the alpha males in the group, who to often are over indulged, selfish little prigs, who deserve a massive kick up the bum, but instead get a new car for their efforts, from a doting family, ignorant of their true persona, and their immature attitudes towards women.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #17 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:49pm

Quote:
and their immature attitudes towards women.

Mozza I think it's pretty shocking of you to paint this as just "immature attitudes towards women". Sounds like you're just trying to belittle and even excuse what these scumbags have been doing. Somehow I very much doubt you'd feel the same way were it to have been a group of Lebanese boys....

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 2:19pm

What is more shocking is you misconstruing a general observation about the "why" behind the stupid behaviour we see perpetrated by young men all over our society, and trying to turn it into a racial thing, when there is not a hint of that in anything I said, shame on you.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 3:47pm

Quote:
and trying to turn it into a racial thing?

I never mentioned anything about race whatsoever. It's quite clearly a cultural thing, and the Western/Anglo culture, with it's insistence on promoting over sexualisation of it's people (especially the objectification of women), is obviously the root of the problem.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 3:50pm

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 12:49pm:
Quote:
and their immature attitudes towards women.

Mozza I think it's pretty shocking of you to paint this as just "immature attitudes towards women". Sounds like you're just trying to belittle and even excuse what these scumbags have been doing. Somehow I very much doubt you'd feel the same way were it to have been a group of Lebanese boys....

I see you still have that paranoid chip on your big muslim shoulder there abu. Nothing changes huh?

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #21 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:32am

test

IP Logged

Happy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 1:23pm

mozzaok wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 9:14am:
...Treat people who have come to our country as you would like to be treated if you went to a foreign country to live, be open and friendly, helpful, and charitable, and then we can work together to put these types of abhorrent behaviours behind us.

Hooking up on this one, if we are told that women have to have scarf in some countries.

I think we have equal right to tell them to remove scarf here.

Fair?

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #23 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 1:40pm

Happy wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 1:23pm:
mozzaok wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 9:14am:
...Treat people who have come to our country as you would like to be treated if you went to a foreign country to live, be open and friendly, helpful, and charitable, and then we can work together to put these types of abhorrent behaviours behind us.

Hooking up on this one, if we are told that women have to have scarf in some countries.

Fair?

No. It's Islam's way or nothing. And that is because they really believe their version of the truth is THE truth. Arrogance, and ignorance all wrapped up in one horrid little bundle called Islam.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #24 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:19pm

Quote:

Asking someone to cover themselves to comply with indecent exposure laws is a little different to forcing them to expose themselves... anyone with half an iota of grey matter in their cranium can figure that one out. We do dictate how people dress here, according to our standards of public decency. Asking them to expose part of what they consider their nakedness is just nonsensical.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #25 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:54pm

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:19pm:
Quote:

Asking someone to cover themselves to comply with indecent exposure laws is a little different to forcing them to expose themselves... anyone with half an iota of grey matter in their cranium can figure that one out. We do dictate how people dress here, according to our standards of public decency. Asking them to expose part of what they consider their nakedness is just nonsensical.

Like I said, Islam's way or nothing.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #26 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 3:21pm

So you wouldn't mind exposing yourself if someone legislated that jordan?

If someone said you can't wear pants anymore, you'd be quite fine with it?

Or that you wife/daughters/mother had to walk around topless?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Happy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 4:51pm

jordan484 wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:54pm:
Like I said, Islam's way or nothing.

Yea, you are proven right here!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:37pm

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 3:21pm:
So you wouldn't mind exposing yourself if someone legislated that jordan?

If someone said you can't wear pants anymore, you'd be quite fine with it?

Or that you wife/daughters/mother had to walk around topless?

Can't wear pants any moer?!? Topless?!?
How stupid! Since when is a Mohamedan woman's face the same as your arse in pantaloon or throwing your wife's nipples to th wind?
Do they actually train you in this sort of feeble-mindedness? Or is this something you retaind from your pre-lapsarian days??

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #29 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:41pm

definition of nakedness differs from culture to culture soren. In many cultures, exposed breasts is the norm.

I'm sure a culturally sensitive guy like you can appreciate this.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print