Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Hate mail sent to dead diggers' families (Read 4550 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Hate mail sent to dead diggers' families
Oct 21st, 2009 at 12:41pm

Looks like those behind the "Sheikh Haroon" persona are about to be unmasked... Strangely they don't mention the arrested person's name or religion, wonder why??

Hate mail sent to dead diggers' families

Posted 5 hours 14 minutes ago
Updated 4 hours 26 minutes ago

A man will face a Sydney court next month, accused of sending harassing letters to the families of Australian soldiers killed in Afghanistan.

The 45-year-old from Croydon Park, in the city's inner west, was charged yesterday after an investigation by the Sydney Joint Counter Terrorism team.

Officers from that team carried out searches at his home and two other homes in Campsie and Green Valley.

Police believe the man sent seven harrassing letters.

He has been charged with using a postal service to menace and cause offence.

Federal police released the man on bail until his first court appearance in the Downing Centre Local Court next month.

The offence carries a maximum penalty of two years in jail.

Source: ABC

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Hate mail sent to dead diggers' families
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 2:53pm

such a conspiracy theory .............

whyever did they arrest him initially ?????

village fool

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Happy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 3:59pm

Makes it extra hard on family.

Edit:
Well perpetrator got 'unmasked' during 5 o'clock news on channel 10 and I wasn't surprised who was behind this.

Pity that he cannot get 2 years for every letter.
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2009 at 4:16pm by Happy »  

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 7:18pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 21st, 2009 at 12:41pm:
Looks like those behind the "Sheikh Haroon" persona are about to be unmasked... Strangely they don't mention the arrested person's name or religion, wonder why??

Wonder no more. They waited just to make sure that it was what evryone immediately thought it would be - a Mohammedan.

And waddaya know? It is!! Ain't that uncanny? Prejudices confirmed all round.

Good work. As the jews say, 'thank god we have the Muslims for enemies."

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2009 at 11:14pm

Quote:
Wonder no more. They waited just to make sure that it was what evryone immediately thought it would be - a Mohammedan.

Really?? I heard it was actually that "Iranian dissident" who came to Australia seeking assylum because he was persecuted in Iran... who had a Bahai name, and was involved with the spiritualism movement in Ashfield setup by the Bahai community. Perhaps I was wrong... Or perhaps you just assume any foreign sounding name must make him a Muslim.. right?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

skippy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:20am

He's a Muslim cleric that did it, anyone heard the name Haron?
You ought to get yourself some better informers abu, you were way off the mark.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:34am

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 21st, 2009 at 11:14pm:
Quote:

Or perhaps you just assume any foreign sounding name must make him a Muslim.. right?

No. The words 'self-styled Muslim cleric' and the title 'sheikh' were the giveaways, you pillock.
The pertinent bits went over your head again or are you just dissebling as usual (ie. stupid or lying?)

IP Logged

skippy
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:36am

Quote:
No. The words 'self-styled Muslim cleric' and the title 'sheikh' were the giveaways

Wow, thats the first time you've ever made me laugh soren. Grin

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:51am

Skip,

The guy is an Iranian dissident, who came to Australia seeking asylum from persecution in Iran. Quite a while after arriving here, he donned a turban and robes, and claimed he was an "ayatollah", next he claimed to be a radical wahabi "sheikh" (never mind that the two are complete theological opposites and mortal enemies to one another)....

As I've said before, I did a little digging on his website and the people it was registered to, and the address and phone number and other details given belonged to a spiritualism group affiliated with the Bahais (funnily enough a minority religion from Iran, who are persecuted, and might seek asylum in Australia). There was 3 names to which the website of "Sheikh Harun" was registered, and none of them were Muslim names. The "Harun" is an alias, his real name is Manteghi Boroujerdi, not a Muslim name, but a Bahai name.

Edit: Looking at his website he's now upgraded himself to "Mufti Sheikh Harun"  Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2009 at 11:04am by abu_rashid »  
abu_rashid  
IP Logged

skippy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 11:51am

The tele say he goes by the name of Haron and that he is a Musilm mufti no less. Do you think he is lying?

Quote:
THEY are young Australians who paid the ultimate price, losing their lives at war - but now their families have allegedly been targeted by self-styled Muslim cleric Sheik Haron in an anti-war campaign.

Finally, after an alleged two-year letter-writing spree that has devastated the families of seven Diggers who died in Afghanistan, Haron faces criminal charges.

In the letters he allegedly wrote to grieving parents and wives of the Diggers - one addressed to a widow, care of a funeral home - he apparently accused some of the dead Australian soldiers of being "criminals", "killers" and "murderers" fighting a war of invasion.

Haron has penned letters to the families of Michael Fussell, Gregory Sher, Mathew Hopkins, Brett Till, Jason Marks, Luke Worsley and Benjamin Ranaudo.

One of Haron's letters was allegedly hand-delivered to Brett Till's widow Breeanna at his funeral.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 12:20pm

Quote:
The tele say he goes by the name of Haron and that he is a Musilm mufti no less. Do you think he is lying?

Yes.

The Mufti of Australia is Sheikh Fehmi al-Imaam. This "Sheikh Harun" is a liar and a fraud and is not known to a single Muslim community here in Australia. There's been countless articles, forum debates and even media discussions about the identity of this fellow, and the fact he's completely unknown to the Muslim community here, and that his website appears to be written by a non-Muslim attempting to defame Islam. The countless contradictions in his entire persona, beginning with his claims of being an Ayatollah AND a Wahabi Sheikh and ending with the fact that every single article on his site appears carefully manufactured and crafted to cause unsuspecting non-Muslims to become enraged and hateful of Muslims, whilst lacking even the slightest authentic  Islamic content.

But, not unlike the other mindless idiots here, go ahead, think as you like, you will anyway. If the media report said "Self-appointed Muslim cleric" then he must be authentic... right?? If you have a shred of self-resepct though, do a little research and you'll soon find he's a hoax. And I'm quite happy to see he's now been exposed, and will probably spend time in gaol for his lies and deceipt.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 12:41pm

I think Abu is right. I've seen a lot of queries from Muslims about Sheikh Haron and he has been declared a fake for a long time now.

He's either insane or he's trying to discredit Muslims, although from the little I know of the Bahai faith - it is similar to Buddhism, so it seems out of character for a member to be so troublesome.

I would say he's stark raving mad and as interesting as the Telegraph is - it does tend to sensationalise a lot of stories.

IP Logged

skippy
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 12:56pm

Quote:
I think Abu is right. I've seen a lot of queries from Muslims about Sheikh Haron and he has been declared a fake for a long time now

Is he the one who used to post things on the cracker board mantra? do you remember that?

Quote:
although from the little I know of the Bahai faith - it is similar to Buddhism

True, I think its from India.

Quote:
I would say he's stark raving mad and as interesting as the Telegraph is - it does tend to sensationalise a lot of stories.

Aint that the truth.i

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #13 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 2:39pm

According to THe Australian, his name is Manteghi Boroujerdi. He's originally from Iran, and his father is a cleric. He uses the self styled title of Ayatollah. He lives in Croydon NSW, and he was interviewed by ABC Radio.

You can see the transcript here:

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/religionreport/stories/2001/240626.htm

He sounds a bit crazy. By the way, this was his closing remark back then:
Quote:
Whenever I walk in the street, whenever I go out in Australia, I feel I am in a real religious society. I don't want to say it is perfect, we don't have a perfect society on the earth, but when we compare, if we compare Australia with Iran and other countries in the Middle East, we can say it is heaven.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2009 at 2:44pm by muso »  

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 3:01pm

Quote:
KEVIN Rudd will "reflect" on the strength of citizenship laws after the case of a self-styled migrant Muslim cleric accused of harassing the families of Diggers killed in Afghanistan.

The Prime Minister said in Canberra he could not comment directly on the case of Sheik Haron  as criminal charges were being heard.

But he said: "You know, when you pick up the front page of the Tele today, I think people, I think their stomachs turned."

Iranian-born Haron is accused of a two-year campaign against the parents and families of Australian soldiers who died in Afghanistan. He allegedly wrote letters calling the dead Diggers “criminals’’, “killers’’, and “murderers’’.

His case is certain to raise debate over whether migrants guilty of hate crimes against the nation should be deported, even if they have citizenship, but Mr Rudd said he could not comment immediately.

"I want to reflect on it. I am very careful about what I say in terms of the specifics of this case. Here is a criminal investigation under way," he said.

“But my recollection of the provisions of Australian immigration law is that certain undertakings are made when people come to this country.

“It may or may not be possible to adjust those laws. I’d like to reflect, however, on their application on individual cases and whether any change in the future may be necessary.

“I don’t wish to create an expectation in that respect. I simply want to examine it fresh.’’

Mr Rudd offered his regrets to any family who had been harassed.

“Every decent-minded Australians should be giving those families not just a thought, but a prayer and their support in any practical way when these horrible things are brought back to their memory, and are brought back in a way lacking of all humanity," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26245412-952,00.html

this may be one of the few times I agree with commander kevin

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #15 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 3:53pm

Skip,

Quote:
True, I think its from India.

No it is from Iran. It was an offshoot of Shi'ism, that formed into it's own seperate religion.

Muso,

Quote:
He sounds a bit crazy. By the way, this was his closing remark back then

His comments everywhere seem to be very contradictory and mixed up. When he first came here, he was claiming asylum from Iran, then all of a sudden he magically becomes an Ayatollah... it's very fishy. Then the sudden claim he's a Wahabi Sheikh is just ridiculous, and now he tops it off with "Mufti Sheikh".

The worrying part is that Rudd is buying into it.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

skippy
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 4:02pm

Yep, you're right, its from 19th century Persia.
It also looks like a very understanding religion, NOT divisive at all,  they recognise everyones god.

Quote:
The Bahá'í Faith is a monotheistic religion founded by Bahá'u'lláh in nineteenth-century Persia, emphasizing the spiritual unity of all humankind.[1] There are an estimated five to six million Bahá'ís around the world in more than 200 countries and territories.[2][3]

The Bahá'í Faith teaches a doctrine of the oneness of the entire human race and the basic unity of all religions. Religious history is seen to have unfolded through a series of divine messengers, each of whom established a religion that was suited to the needs of the time and the capacity of the people. These messengers have included Abraham, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad and others, including most recently Bahá'u'lláh. In Bahá'í belief, each messenger taught of the next, and Bahá'u'lláh's life and teachings fulfill the end-time promises of previous scriptures. Humanity is understood to be involved in a process of collective evolution, and the need of the present time is for the gradual establishment of peace, justice and unity on a global scale.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #17 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 4:27pm

Actually skip it's just Islam re-hashed.

All of those teachings come directly from Islam.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #18 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 5:03pm

Quote:
Is he the one who used to post things on the cracker board mantra? do you remember that?

Yes Skippy and his rubbish is still being posted there.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 6:16pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 22nd, 2009 at 4:27pm:
Actually skip it's just Islam re-hashed.

All of those teachings come directly from Islam.[/quote]

[quote author=abu_rashid link=1256092869/0#4 date=1256130860]
I heard it was actually that "Iranian dissident" who came to Australia seeking assylum because he was persecuted in Iran... who had a Bahai name, and was involved with the spiritualism movement in Ashfield setup by the Bahai community. Perhaps I was wrong... Or perhaps you just assume any foreign sounding name must make him a Muslim.. right?

Hello, that was quick - from me just 'assuming' to ideas coming 'directly' Shiite Islam and re-hashed.  ( Rehashed here means unforgivably softened, made more humane, with all the bloodthirsty, crazy stuff toned down).

So you knew all along (like everyone else) that this guy has never ben anything but a Muslim - mainstream, Shiite or hertic, but Muslim all the same.

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 6:55pm

The Parliament needs to introduce the Revocation of Citizenship Act, that strips people of their citizenship and means that all of their property is confiscated for treasonous, seditious, or terrorist acts.

Such as those wonderful personages convicted of terror plotting in Sydney just recently. All cars, houses, everything forfeited to the Crown. All bank accounts gone. Australian citizenship, gone - get out.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #21 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 7:21pm

Quote:
So you knew all along (like everyone else) that this guy has never ben anything but a Muslim - mainstream, Shiite or hertic, but Muslim all the same.

Bahai's are not Muslims, any more than Christians are Jews or Buddhists are Hindus... in fact it's even further removed, since it's a new religion which grew out of an already sectarian movement (ie. it didn't even grow out of mainstream Islam, but already a sect).

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 8:38pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 22nd, 2009 at 7:21pm:
Quote:

Bahai's are not Muslims, any more than Christians are Jews or Buddhists are Hindus... in fact it's even further removed, since it's a new religion which grew out of an already sectarian movement (ie. it didn't even grow out of mainstream Islam, but already a sect).

yes, yes, yes, shiites are not muslims and bahai are not shiites, so it's got nuffin' to do with islam. That he calls himself a muslim and a sheikh and has a bee in his bonnet about muslims or that his spokesthingy 'sister amira' is covered up like a muslim and bangs on about muslims at every opportunity has nuffin' to do wiv nuffin'. 

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 8:43pm

Needless to say - you don't disagree with the guy or the 'siter' on the fate of those Australian soldiers. Nor did the 'Muslim community leaders' until he got arrested. Then there was a muffled shuffling of feet for a moment but now it's all about 'backlash' alert.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #24 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 9:06pm

I knew I listened to "The Spirit of things" every week for a reason.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/spiritofthings/stories/2009/2451437.htm

This was quite an interesting past program on Baha'i. The program was recorded at the Shrine of the Báb on Mount Carmel overlooking Haifa in Israel.

The transcript tells you everything you want to know about the Baha'i faith.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #25 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:38pm

Quote:
yes, yes, yes, shiites are not muslims and bahai are not shiites, so it's got nuffin' to do with islam. That he calls himself a muslim and a sheikh and has a bee in his bonnet about muslims or that his spokesthingy 'sister amira' is covered up like a muslim and bangs on about muslims at every opportunity has nuffin' to do wiv nuffin'. 

Anyone can play dress-ups soren.

The simple fact is not a single Australian Muslim knows who this guy is...

Quote:
Sheik Mousselmani told The Australian yesterday the mystery cleric - who has been identified as Ayatollah Manteghi Boroujerdi on his website after appearing under the name Sheik Haron - was not a genuine Shia spiritual leader.

He said there were no ayatollahs - supreme Shia scholars - in Australia and none of his fellow spiritual leaders knew who Ayatollah Boroujerdi or Sheik Haron was.

"We don't know him and we have got nothing to do with him," Sheik Mousselmani said. "The federal police should investigate who he is. It should be their responsibility."

Sheik Haron, who insulted the family of an Australian soldier killed in Afghanistan in November, was accused by Muslim leaders of being a fake cleric deliberately stirring anti-Islamic sentiment.

Sheik Mousselmani, head of the Supreme Islamic Shia Council of Australia, which represents the nation's 30,000 Shi'ites, said Sheik Haron's website - Sheik Haron Web - gave him away as an amateur who knew little about Shia Islam.

Even the Shi'a here have never heard of him, seems kinda strange for someone who is supposedly an Ayatollah (pretty high rank within the Shi'a hierarchy I believe). It's quite clear the guy is a hoax. I'm truly shocked Kev would buy into this crap... Johnny boy woulda for sure, but Kev I thought was a little smarter.

Now given your anti-Islamic bias, it doesn't surprise me you'd wanna promote the idea of this guy being a legit representative of Muslims... but in the end that's only going to reflect poorly on your character. So go for your life.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 6:32am

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 22nd, 2009 at 10:38pm:
Now given your anti-Islamic bias, it doesn't surprise me you'd wanna promote the idea of this guy being a legit representative of Muslims... but in the end that's only going to reflect poorly on your character. So go for your life.

I am not promotiong anything, pal, he is. It is his idea and And his sidekick's, that he is Muslim sheikh. (And we have seen Muslim double-acts like this before, haven't we?)

I am merely noticing. And laughing.
WHich is a lot more than all the 'real' muslims have done until he was arrested. Then they all swing into action and mutter and look at their shoes.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 10:17am

abu the deflector - tell us all about mohammads 10 (or so) "wives".
and how some nights he would "visit" them all !!!!

Was because he has assassainated someone?, or murdered plenty of jews?

what a spiritual guide.
I spit on him

IP Logged

Happy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 5:47pm

Calanen wrote on Oct 22nd, 2009 at 6:55pm:
The Parliament needs to introduce the Revocation of Citizenship Act, that strips people of their citizenship and means that all of their property is confiscated for treasonous, seditious, or terrorist acts.

Such as those wonderful personages convicted of terror plotting in Sydney just recently. All cars, houses, everything forfeited to the Crown. All bank accounts gone. Australian citizenship, gone - get out.

That woould be a good start, then we could do it even better.

But just hate how long it will take to push it through.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 8:28pm

"And guess what, Mr Rudd: if you enact a law of this kind, that will permit the stripping of insincerely-acquired and obviously-unvalued citizenship from the openly treasonous, aggressive and contemptuous-of-our-laws likes of Sheikh Haron, there are many, many other western countries just waiting for someone to set an example.  Let's do it and see what happens."

Well said. Stripping people of citizenship is not unprecedented. This prick, if he is convicetd, shoul be put on notice. Like all the other plotters, schemers and screamers. Regardless of religion, sex, sexual orientatio or what have you - on a complete equal opportunity basis.

Anyone who continues criminal behaviour after being convicted and serving his time should be regarded as an obvious and wilfulenemy of the laws and so his protection by those laws shoul be removed - loss of citizenship.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #30 - Oct 23rd, 2009 at 9:51pm

Quote:
Anyone who continues criminal behaviour after being convicted and serving his time should be regarded as an obvious and wilfulenemy of the laws and so his protection by those laws shoul be removed - loss of citizenship.

Perhaps we should re-open the Van Diemen's Land penal colonies too, so that any Anglos or other 'born-here' crims can be shipped off also. Or perhaps we can take our revenge on Britain and ship our convicts to them!  Grin

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lowercasem

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 10:50am

"The guy is an Iranian dissident, who came to Australia seeking asylum from persecution in Iran. "

And he thinks that he can persecute people here!. His citizenship or residence visa should be cancelled and he should be returned to the place from wence he came!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #32 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 1:09pm

Lowercasem, it should be abundantly obvious to anyone with half an iota of grey matter in their cranium that the guy is a hoax, perpetrated by an opponent of Islam, to raise the level of anti-Islamic sentiment here.

As Muso's post of the transcript from his ABC interviews shows, he loves Australia and the Australian way of life. Perhaps he loved it too much, and decided he'd better do something to make Australians realise how "evil" Islam is.

He was not trying to persecute anyone, but instead evoke a reaction in people that would lead them to persecute Muslims.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mercedes With Square Wheels
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 3:50pm

Why is it that Muslims never seem to talk about anything other than Islam?

I think you can make a very strong argument in favor of the elimination of all minority groups from this country on the basis that they're all just really obnoxious. Like, do they really think regular Australians want to hear their blathering pleas for tolerance for whatever crap they seem to be worshipping or practicing everytime they pick up a newspaper or read the television?

Has a Muslim ever done anything in the past two hundred years that wasn't directly concerned with or at least peripheral to Islam itself? Do they ever shut up or have they just come to the realization that it's all they have anymore?
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2009 at 3:59pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #34 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 4:04pm

Actually it's more a case of others talking about us.

Islam was much more low-profile until every single media outlet decided it was an excellent way to secure patrons.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mercedes With Square Wheels
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 4:07pm

Which is why they focused entirely on white misdeeds during the Cronulla riots rather than on the other side.

Does anybody really believe the whole media is racist b.s anymore?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 6:48pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 25th, 2009 at 4:04pm:
Actually it's more a case of others talking about us.

Islam was much more low-profile until every single media outlet decided it was an excellent way to secure patrons.

And what did you do to suddenly catch the 'media's' eye?

Lemme think....

IP Logged

Lowercasem

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Oct 25th, 2009 at 8:37pm

Exactly Abu.  thats why i didnt enter into the whole debate about what religion or belief he followed.  Thats irrelevant anyway, a catholic or protestant immigrant spouting the same rubbish should be treated exactly the same way.  it doesnt change the fact that he should be sent back though.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #38 - Oct 26th, 2009 at 12:03am

lowercasem,

Agreed, hope they deport him right back into the hands of Ahmedinejad, so he can learn a lesson.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Ephestion

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 4:10pm

If the letters were threatening then he did wrong. But if he expressed anti-war sentiments then i see no reason why not. The so called diggers' were sent to appease the USA and its agenda so why would anyone in that position expect to be anything than cannon fodder for the USA?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #40 - Nov 14th, 2009 at 9:41am

It was inappropriate to send them.

The main point is what was his motive in sending them? As stated nobody from the Muslim community (Sunni or Shi'a) knows who this guy is. Yet he's claimed at various times to be an Ayatollah and a Mufti Sheikh (no such combination title even exists like that, let alone the fact they're from conflicting sects), yet nobody knows him...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Ephestion

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 1:24am

Quote:
As stated nobody from the Muslim community (Sunni or Shi'a) knows who this guy is

YOur full of it again.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #42 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 9:54am

Can you name a single Islamic centre or Mosque that he's associated with? He claims to be an Ayatollah from Iran, yet the Iranian Shi'a community here state they've never heard of him, and that nobody with the rank of Ayatollah has ever lived in Australia...

After doing some investigation I found his website was registered to a Bahai linked group... who coincidentally have a grudge against Iranian Shi'a and Muslims in general due to the persecution they receive in Iran....

From earlier in this thread:
Quote:
Sheik Mousselmani told The Australian yesterday the mystery cleric - who has been identified as Ayatollah Manteghi Boroujerdi on his website after appearing under the name Sheik Haron - was not a genuine Shia spiritual leader.

He said there were no ayatollahs - supreme Shia scholars - in Australia and none of his fellow spiritual leaders knew who Ayatollah Boroujerdi or Sheik Haron was.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print